Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    i legit pray the finals is sixers vs nuggets just to see embiid dominate him on both ends and people realize he isnt the best player which means he isnt the most valuable.
    That would have a lot more to do with finals mvp. And again youíre biased bro, and thatís ok. If I was a 6ers fan Iíd want my guy to win to. Iím not a Denver fan, I could care less if Jokic didnít win. Iím just saying I think heíll come away with it.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 05-07-2021 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    That would have a lot more to do with finals mvp. And again youíre biased bro, and thatís ok. If I was a 6ers fan Iíd want my guy to win to. Iím not a Denver fan, I could care less if Jokic didnít win. Iím just saying I think heíll come away with it.
    0 to do with bias... put ben simmons with jokic and then lets talk. Lets see what jokic does when he is double and triple teamed every single time he touches the ball in the paint or beyond the 3 point line. The sixers when our starters play is 25-4 this season.... It took a lebron trying to hurt joel and a freak knee injury to get jokic the mvp that everyone had given joel before he went down with said injurry. Not bias... Just facts

0 to do with bias... put ben simmons with jokic and then lets talk. Lets see what jokic does when he is double and triple teamed every single time he touches the ball in the paint or beyond the 3 point line. The sixers when our starters play is 25-4 this season.... It took a lebron trying to hurt joel and a freak knee injury to get jokic the mvp that everyone had given joel before he went down with said injurry. Not bias... Just facts
    Lol good thing your not a coach. I dare you to double and triple Jokic. Teams tried and his offensive rating is above 130 when that happens. Thatís better than having Durant curry and Klay on the court at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Lol good thing your not a coach. I dare you to double and triple Jokic. Teams tried and his offensive rating is above 130 when that happens. Thatís better than having Durant curry and Klay on the court at the same time.
    double jokic with a ben simmons standing behind the 3 point line not being covered... GO. I am glad you arent a coach either because this logic is hilariously awful. Jokic can pass but can he pass when he is doubled with a pg who isnt being guarded and everyone else is covered? go I will wait.

Nono let me hear it my dude. Not hard as a big to pass when you are doubled when you have an open guy. Imagine having a pg who nobody coveres and you are constantly doubled trying to find the open guy. Na lets ignore this though because it doesnt fit the dumbness. Jokic is fantastic... Jokic would have a ton of ****ing issues if the defenses guarded him like they do joel because they have a PG who cant shoot outside of 5 feet. THAT is the issue outside of joel just being a worldly better defender.
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 05-07-2021 at 09:47 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scid...CliveNBAParody

imagine jokic having to deal with this... real talk. NA doesnt fit the sixer hate. Ben simmons is a damn great player but joel has to be superman always and has to score on triple teams where is jokic can just pass it out. GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Itís more than biased. Itís just being a hater at this point. Nick Wright 2.0.

This is the same guy that throws out ridiculous claims against Jokic. Most can be easily researched on Google because of stats which I point out, and he ignores it and moves on to the next thing to bash him about.

What he says I know for damn sure he doesnít watch any Nuggets games unless they play Philly.

imagine jokic having to deal with this... real talk. NA doesnt fit the sixer hate. Ben simmons is a damn great player but joel has to be superman always and has to score on triple teams where is jokic can just pass it out. GTFO
    It is amusing watching you defend Ben Simmons in other threads and talk about how amazing he is and then in this one use him as whipping boy to prop up Embiid. Simmons canít be very good if his mere presence forces Embiid to have to be Superman fighting triple teams just to get a bucket.

We all know Ben Simmons canít shoot but are we going to show a clip where Embiid is one on one on the wing and you donít give him the ball.

Maybe just maybe Doc needs to force Simmons into a cutter. But Jokic is what 9-2 without Murray. In that time, Gordon 27 percent from 3, Campazzo 36 percent from 3, Millsap who looks like he will start from here on out 34 percent, Dozier who played regularly with Jokic before his injury once Murray went down 31 percent. MPJ is the only shooter this team has without Murray and we have been fine offensively.

Embiid has better shooters right now around him than Jokic at the moment. Curry, Green, Harris, Korkmaz. We just play different styles but better shooting is not the reason Jokic excels.

He does get double teamed. Who do you think commands that attention other than him? Are you not aware that Murray had a season ending injury?

Your definition of facts is extremely flawed here. Its not a fact that Lebron tried to injure Embiid lol, I would classify that as more of a joke than a fact. Its not Jokics fault that your pg doesn't shoot. I think you`re completely forgetting about a guy named Tobias Harris, did you conveniently leave him out, because he is the 2nd go to option offensively on the 6ers, not Simmons.

Also you can blame a freak injury if you want, but Embiid has only ever played more than 60 games twice in his career. Has never played more than 65 games, and you're comparing him to a guy who hasn't missed a single game in a condensed season. Believe it or not availability brings value. What's that old saying, the best ability is availability.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 05-07-2021 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Itís more than biased. Itís just being a hater at this point. Nick Wright 2.0.

This is the same guy that throws out ridiculous claims against Jokic. Most can be easily researched on Google because of stats which I point out, and he ignores it and moves on to the next thing to bash him about.

What he says I know for damn sure he doesnít watch any Nuggets games unless they play Philly.
    If he did, he would know that Jokic gets double teamed too, the fact that he doesn't know that speaks volumes.

But its ok, were all homers at some point, I get his enthusiasm for his guy on his team. That's why I said his take is biased, and I didn't mean that in an insulting way. Its human nature. If I had a horse in the race, Id likely be rooting for him too.

Just for fun, I wanted to see where his season stacks up statistically to other MVP winners. You can find their stats here: https://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/mvp.html

If we take Jokic's numbers today, here's where he would rank on this list in each statistical category (out of 66 seasons):
    PPG (26.4): 33rd
    RPG (10.9): 33rd
    APG (8.4): 11th
    WS (14.5): 44th (cumulative, though, with 6 games left in a shorter season)
    WS/48 (.301): 9th

I wish we had more numbers to compare them than what's on that chart, and I don't have the time to dive into every MVP's numbers in more detail, but I think the fact that he's either middle of the pack or better in points, rebounds AND assists makes him unique, especially for a big man. And obviously advanced stats love him. His WS/48 is lower than only Kareem (x2), Lebron (x2), MJ (x3) and Curry.

In terms of other advanced stats, Jokic's BPM currently ranks as the 8th highest in NBA history (regardless of MVP win or not), his PER is 11th highest and his VORP is 58th highest despite that being a cumulative stat and him having only played in 66 games. Dude is having an unreal season by advanced statistical standards, better than even Embiid, despite everyone claiming that Embiid would be the obvious MVP if not for injuries.

The things that hurt Jokic's MVP season historically are (A) The Nuggets are a good, not great team; (B) Other candidates are bigger stars with sexier games and/or more interesting narratives; (C) Injuries to other great players will always have people questioning whether he deserved it or not; and (D) The shortened season.

But even with those factors, I think if we looked at his season objectively compared to other MVP seasons, he's at least in the top half of all MVP campaigns all-time, and I'd argue he's having a borderline 20 MVP season, if not better. That being said, take everything I'm saying here with a grain of salt, as I have watched less NBA basketball this season than I have in over a decade, and I can't honestly say I've watched much Nuggets basketball this year.

Jokic is definitely better and more impactful than Embiid lol. Embiid got off to a hot start shooting wise, which has shown to be unsustainable since he came back in April.

Not to mention he still struggles passing out of traps, and still hasn't figured out how to pass out of the short roll. Embiid's offense has been kinda fake this year tbh. We'll see how it scales in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

But even with those factors, I think if we looked at his season objectively compared to other MVP seasons, he's at least in the top half of all MVP campaigns all-time, and I'd argue he's having a borderline 20 MVP season, if not better. That being said, take everything I'm saying here with a grain of salt, as I have watched less NBA basketball this season than I have in over a decade, and I can't honestly say I've watched much Nuggets basketball this year.

bball reference "advanced stats' are mostly aimless and don't know what they're trying to describe (with the exception of their BPM, which has it's own problems). However, regardless of how you came to your conclusion, I totally agree, Jokic's MVP season is borderline top 20

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is amusing watching you defend Ben Simmons in other threads and talk about how amazing he is and then in this one use him as whipping boy to prop up Embiid. Simmons canít be very good if his mere presence forces Embiid to have to be Superman fighting triple teams just to get a bucket.
    both are true though. Ben simmons is a damn good player that makes joels job much harder on offense. If we had a holiday or a cp3 the spacing for joel would be nuts.

both are true though. Ben simmons is a damn good player that makes joels job much harder on offense. If we had a holiday or a cp3 the spacing for joel would be nuts.
    Media ppl and analysts arenít really going to care about that when voting bro.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast