Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Meh. José Calderón part 2.

Chicago news media have talked to Derrick Rose about returning to the Bulls at season's end. Sounds like the Knicks have already made their intentions known.

Once again, the Knicks are going to short change the most important position in the NBA. Point guard is the highest paid position in the NBA. Either you save money by drafting an elite point guard or you overpay. There is no middle ground.

No one comes to NYC, the 6th most expensive city to live in and get paid less.
    25 year old Calderon? i'll take it.

obviously the game has changed a lot but Calderon was a damn good player.

the answer at PG isn't in FAgency. LaMelo was the guy to go all in on, and if that failed Hali... or before that Brogs. but going forward there is no one in FAgency that is a lock to solve the PG situation long term, so why not take a chance on a guy like this? Great move.

I've seen highlights, and yes I know they're gonna show him in his best light. But from what I've seen he looks like Ricky Rubio, with a better shot. I'll take that.

I know we've heard Lonzo, Brogdan, etc as FA, S&T's or trades in the off season, but what about the draft? I've seen some prognosticators rating PG's in this upcoming draft. Unless we trade up, I can see two or three of the following dropping to where we'll select:

Mitchell, Baylor
    Springer, Tenn
    Butler, Baylor
    Cooper, Auburn
    Hyland, VCU
    McBride, WVU
    Dosunmu, ILL

Which ones, if any, fit our team needs the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    How did he get signed now if he's not on the "open market?"
    The Knicks had the salary-cap space and roster spot to get ahead of summer free agency and secure Vildoza now. Vildoza, 25, would've been one of the top available free-agent point guards in the 2021 summer marketplace.
    Ask Woj.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Ask Woj.
    I wonder why this dude didn't just wait then to see what offers he could field.

Quote Originally Posted by Hustla23 View Post
    I wonder why this dude didn't just wait then to see what offers he could field.
    He wanted the Knicks. Nice to hear that, for a change

PHOENIX — The Knicks officially announced the signing of Argentinian combo guard Luca Vildoza Thursday, and one of his countrymen said he believes they’ve made a smart addition.

Nuggets rookie point guard Facundo Campazzo, who had a big game in Denver’s rout of the Knicks on Wednesday night, told The Post that Vildoza has always been destined for the NBA, even though he went undrafted in 2017.

Vildoza and Campazzo have played together on Argentina’s national team the last four years and competed against each other for three seasons in the Spanish league.

“He’s an NBA player,’’ Campazzo told The Post in a phone interview from Denver. “He has something special in his game. Sooner or later, we knew he was going to play in the NBA. I think he’s going to make an impact here. I believe he can make it and is going to improve a lot in his game here. He can be here many years.’’

The 6-foot-3 Vildoza, who is 25, signed a four-year, $13 million deal, but it’s only partially guaranteed. The Knicks, however, are invested because they have to pay his Spanish league team, Baskonia, $2 million for his buyout.

Campazzo, 30, left the Spanish league this summer and has seen success as a pass-first point guard. Vildoza can even be more versatile.

“He’s a very talented player, very smart too,’’ Campazzo said. “When you see him play his game, I enjoy watching him play every game. You can see in the moment, he’s so talented. He does spectacular plays every game. He makes his teammates much better. That’s very important to him.’’

According to Campazzo, Vildoza still is in Spain, dealing with immigration work issues. He doesn’t know when Vildoza will board a flight to the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    PHOENIX — The Knicks officially announced the signing of Argentinian combo guard Luca Vildoza Thursday, and one of his countrymen said he believes they’ve made a smart addition.

Nuggets rookie point guard Facundo Campazzo, who had a big game in Denver’s rout of the Knicks on Wednesday night, told The Post that Vildoza has always been destined for the NBA, even though he went undrafted in 2017.

Vildoza and Campazzo have played together on Argentina’s national team the last four years and competed against each other for three seasons in the Spanish league.

“He’s an NBA player,’’ Campazzo told The Post in a phone interview from Denver. “He has something special in his game. Sooner or later, we knew he was going to play in the NBA. I think he’s going to make an impact here. I believe he can make it and is going to improve a lot in his game here. He can be here many years.’’

The 6-foot-3 Vildoza, who is 25, signed a four-year, $13 million deal, but it’s only partially guaranteed. The Knicks, however, are invested because they have to pay his Spanish league team, Baskonia, $2 million for his buyout.

Campazzo, 30, left the Spanish league this summer and has seen success as a pass-first point guard. Vildoza can even be more versatile.

“He’s a very talented player, very smart too,’’ Campazzo said. “When you see him play his game, I enjoy watching him play every game. You can see in the moment, he’s so talented. He does spectacular plays every game. He makes his teammates much better. That’s very important to him.’’

According to Campazzo, Vildoza still is in Spain, dealing with immigration work issues. He doesn’t know when Vildoza will board a flight to the United States.
    Nice, I’m psyched to see what this kid can do

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    25 year old Calderon? i'll take it.

obviously the game has changed a lot but Calderon was a damn good player.

the answer at PG isn't in FAgency. LaMelo was the guy to go all in on, and if that failed Hali... or before that Brogs. but going forward there is no one in FAgency that is a lock to solve the PG situation long term, so why not take a chance on a guy like this? Great move.
    Pass.

Jose Calderon was horribly overrated. A 25 year old Calderon then with Toronto averaged 8.0 ppg and 5 assists. When he was with Detroit, they nicknamed him "El Matador" defense.

I understand why the Knicks signed this guy. Lonzo Ball could get away. They're uncertain whether or not Derrick Rose will go home to the Chicago Bulls.

Knicks sign Luca Vildoza to 4 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Pass.

Jose Calderon was horribly overrated. A 25 year old Calderon then with Toronto averaged 8.0 ppg and 5 assists. When he was with Detroit, they nicknamed him "El Matador" defense.

I understand why the Knicks signed this guy. Lonzo Ball could get away. They're uncertain whether or not Derrick Rose will go home to the Chicago Bulls.
    He was no TJ Ford but he was nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

https://twitter.com/sbondynydn/statu...880065040?s=21

Tom Thibodeau calls Luca Vildoza “a summer thing” in terms of evaluating the Argentine for the future. It doesn’t sound like he has any plans of playing him this season or the playoffs. That was expected.

Tom Thibodeau calls Luca Vildoza “a summer thing” in terms of evaluating the Argentine for the future. It doesn’t sound like he has any plans of playing him this season or the playoffs. That was expected.
    Thibs - “a summer thing”

Knicks fans - “PG of the future,” “definite part of the rotation,” “doesn’t make sense to sign X now”

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Thibs - “a summer thing”

Knicks fans - “PG of the future,” “definite part of the rotation,” “doesn’t make sense to sign X now”
    He’s European Magic Johnson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

he's not even in the US right now and we have 5 games left. of course he's not playing this season... I dont think that's a slight to him, I take that as Thibs saying we are focusing on what we have now and THIS season. Lonzo or even Khawi would be a "summer thing" too.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    he's not even in the US right now and we have 5 games left. of course he's not playing this season... I dont think that's a slight to him, I take that as Thibs saying we are focusing on what we have now and THIS season. Lonzo or even Khawi would be a "summer thing" too.
    well I agree with the first part but I think you went a bit far on the Kawhi thing lol...

What did anyone expect Thibs to say, oh yea the second he figures out how to get into the US, sit out protocol we'll get him right in there?

seriously how can anyone expected Thibs to say anything else or even expect this guy to play with a week of basketball left, he'll take that long to put a knicks practice jersey on.

It would also be a great way to ruin the kids confidence, oh i didn't get drafted , 4 seasons later here i am, no practices but throw me into the fire and if I make a mistake it' magnified and oh yea it's the Knicks who haven't seen this kind of end to a season in almost a decade, that wouldn't be what you call FO smart.

He is a guarantee for the roster next year, yes we think the Knicks have interest and feel he can make a contribution, yes next year, not crunch time when he hasn't even got the permission to get on a plane.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    well I agree with the first part but I think you went a bit far on the Kawhi thing lol...

What did anyone expect Thibs to say, oh yea the second he figures out how to get into the US, sit out protocol we'll get him right in there?

seriously how can anyone expected Thibs to say anything else or even expect this guy to play with a week of basketball left, he'll take that long to put a knicks practice jersey on.

It would also be a great way to ruin the kids confidence, oh i didn't get drafted , 4 seasons later here i am, no practices but throw me into the fire and if I make a mistake it' magnified and oh yea it's the Knicks who haven't seen this kind of end to a season in almost a decade, that wouldn't be what you call FO smart.

He is a guarantee for the roster next year, yes we think the Knicks have interest and feel he can make a contribution, yes next year, not crunch time when he hasn't even got the permission to get on a plane.
    Is his contract guarantees for next season? I thought it was only guaranteed for this season.

It seems like they want to evaluate him during the summer first before they give him a spot. I hope he becomes a contributor and a major steal for us. But our FO and coach don’t seem too optimistic about him.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast