Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Heard Brock Aller wanted to sign veteran Howard Eisley instead. Thibs wanted Luca

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I can't wait to see him play.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    nope, i read he wont play this year.
    Makes a lot of sense though I was really looking forward to seeing him play.

Might as well start a new season fresh and give him the summer to acclimate to NYC and a training camp to adjust to the coaches system.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Why do some players go through NBA draft and others get signed outright? Always been interested in that
    he was in the 2017 draft and didn't get drafted so he's a FA

Quote Originally Posted by PC View Post
    Luca Vildoza, one of the top playmaking guards in Europe, has agreed-in-principle to a four-year, $13.6M deal with the New York Knicks, his agent Alex Saratsis of Octagon Sports told ESPN. Story:

-Woj
    PC I miss you bud!

ok now it makes a ton more sense on why the knicks basically had to sign some one , it was use it or lose it, and the deal if he was in any kind of demand no way he signs one year with three years totally not guaranteed?

And we now know Knicks have 3.4 less cap space. Smart, smart signing, he pans out he will be a steal, if he didn't he cost the Knicks nothing because 1m is less than the ghost contract, so bravo all around.

Bobby Marks
    @BobbyMarks42
    New York was $2.45M below the minimum salary floor and this signing will now push them over.

We saw this occur with OKC and Gabriel Deck.

Smart concept of targeting an international player now (with $$ that would have been lost) compared to waiting until the offseason.
    Quote Tweet
    Adrian Wojnarowski
    @wojespn
    · 5h
    Luca Vildoza, one of the top playmaking guards in Europe, has agreed-in-principle to a four-year, $13.6M deal with the New York Knicks, his agent Alex Saratsis of Octagon Sports told ESPN. Story: https://es.pn/3tobQWe

I hope he can take Quicklys position and Quickly can move up to starter, and bye bye elfie.

It will take time for team to adjust to his style. No one on the team plays like that. There are going to be some turnovers early on.

Woj said in his article that this dude would have been one of the most sought after PG free agents if he hit the open market this year.

If becomes even our backup point guard this will be an amazing deal. He’s still pretty young.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Woj said in his article that this dude would have been one of the most sought after PG free agents if he hit the open market this year.
    yea makes sense because he got just over 3m but no guarantee's, teams would lineup for that kind of opportunity and could even use the mini MLE and give him more, wonder why he didn't wait, have to think the phone just wasn't ringing but i'm glade we have a chance for him to make it big.

Well add one more to the roster next year so it's getting clearer who will not be here.

I wonder why we gave him a 4 yr deal

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    I wonder why we gave him a 4 yr deal
    Only one year is guaranteed. If he’s good, they have him under a cheap contract for four years. If he stinks, they let him go. Also easier to trade, especially to teams that don’t want to add to the cap.
    Last edited by smood999; 05-06-2021 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    How did he get signed now if he's not on the "open market?"

Meh. José Calderón part 2.

Chicago news media have talked to Derrick Rose about returning to the Bulls at season's end. Sounds like the Knicks have already made their intentions known.

Once again, the Knicks are going to short change the most important position in the NBA. Point guard is the highest paid position in the NBA. Either you save money by drafting an elite point guard or you overpay. There is no middle ground.

No one comes to NYC, the 6th most expensive city to live in and get paid less.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast