Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    we havent had a stinker in a loooong time, indicative of how good we've been. but we were due. DEN has one of the best HCA in all of sports.

Knicks guards GOT WORKED all night. Who said Quick, Rose, and Bully was enough at guard? BANANAS. No name guards killing the Knicks all night. 13 turnovers. Knicks, get a starting PG already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Knicks guards GOT WORKED all night. Who said Quick, Rose, and Bully was enough at guard? BANANAS. No name guards killing the Knicks all night. 13 turnovers. Knicks, get a starting PG already.
    no one?...lol.

But we have Luca/IQ/Rose/RJ at guard next year, we need a real upgrade. It's just frustrating that we never go ALL IN for the guys we should. We haven't had a PG in like 20 years. We should be going HAM for guys like Brogs, LaMelo or Hali at least and we don't. not sure where the starting PG will come from, it's not in FAgency unless you're looking short term. maybe the draft or maybe we get lucky and Luca or IQ become that guy.

I don't recall anyone saying that. Most Knick fans know we need an significant upgrade at point guard.

The Knicks are BACK...part 2

Quote Originally Posted by rpgmaster86 View Post
    I don't recall anyone saying that. Most Knick fans know we need an significant upgrade at point guard.
    People have definitely said “run it back, I love this team, don’t ruin chemistry”

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    no one?...lol.

But we have Luca/IQ/Rose/RJ at guard next year, we need a real upgrade. It's just frustrating that we never go ALL IN for the guys we should. We haven't had a PG in like 20 years. We should be going HAM for guys like Brogs, LaMelo or Hali at least and we don't. not sure where the starting PG will come from, it's not in FAgency unless you're looking short term. maybe the draft or maybe we get lucky and Luca or IQ become that guy.
    Yeah, but none of these guys, (Luca, IQ, Rose, or RJ) is a PG and I'm not sure RJ is a guard at all and that's the problem. Obviously having more play making, like Luca is good, but we need a REAL PG for sustainable growth. We can't have guys like Randle handling the ball and throwing 90mph fast ball passes in the lane...lol

This is all lipstick on a pig. Get a guy who can handle the ball under duress. Rose is dangerous but we can't bring ourselves to honestly trust Rose can play starter level quality 75 games a yr.

Yeah, but none of these guys, (Luca, IQ, Rose, or RJ) is a PG and I'm not sure RJ is a guard at all and that's the problem. Obviously having more play making, like Luca is good, but we need a REAL PG for sustainable growth. We can't have guys like Randle handling the ball and throwing 90mph fast ball passes in the lane...lol

This is all lipstick on a pig. Get a guy who can handle the ball under duress. Rose is dangerous but we can't bring ourselves to honestly trust Rose can play starter level quality 75 games a yr.
    come on now, Luca is absolutely a PG and Rose has played PG his entire career, including as an MVP. IQ is the only questionable one as a PG, and I'm not convinced he is, but he has the potential to be, especially in this P&R era. As much as you like Hali, is HE really an ideal PG in today's game? There is no traditional PG anymore. teams barely even run plays except P&R.

I agree we can't rely on Rose, which is why we signed Luca probably, but I think growth from IQ can give us a 3 PG duo next year, unless we can upgrade somewhere we may just have to see what we have next year and then take it from there. Rozier is a FA the following year

come on now, Luca is absolutely a PG and Rose has played PG his entire career, including as an MVP. IQ is the only questionable one as a PG, and I'm not convinced he is, but he has the potential to be, especially in this P&R era. As much as you like Hali, is HE really an ideal PG in today's game? There is no traditional PG anymore. teams barely even run plays except P&R.

I agree we can't rely on Rose, which is why we signed Luca probably, but I think growth from IQ can give us a 3 PG duo next year, unless we can upgrade somewhere we may just have to see what we have next year and then take it from there. Rozier is a FA the following year
    Rose isn’t an ideal PG at all. His main value is when he’s scoring well, that’s mostly it. Rozier isn’t a PG either. IQ honestly isn’t one either, at least what he’s shown so far

If you agree we can't count on Rose, how many PG's does that reeeaallly leave us? Even the most ardent supporters in EU don't think Luca is an NBA starter level guy. I have no clue but that's their words. So how in the world, after a playoff yr, do we simply run it back with the same inadequacies?? No way. Knicks will find a PG. Hopefully it's luca but according to his scouts, he's not.

I think we have to get serious when it comes to Rose. He came to a new team super motivated, playing his butt off now for a new contract. If people want to resign him, it needs to be on a yr by yr deal imo or he can walk.

If you agree we can't count on Rose, how many PG's does that reeeaallly leave us? Even the most ardent supporters in EU don't think Luca is an NBA starter level guy. I have no clue but that's their words. So how in the world, after a playoff yr, do we simply run it back with the same inadequacies?? No way. Knicks will find a PG. Hopefully it's luca but according to his scouts, he's not.

I think we have to get serious when it comes to Rose. He came to a new team super motivated, playing his butt off now for a new contract. If people want to resign him, it needs to be on a yr by yr deal imo or he can walk.
    you have faith, I don't... not this summer at least. Lonzo is the best of the not old group and I'm not convinced he's the long term answer either.

Are we really banking on Luca now, a player no one heard of before last week? He doesn’t even have a guaranteed contract beyond one season.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Are we really banking on Luca now, a player no one heard of before last week? He doesn’t even have a guaranteed contract beyond one season.
    I guarantee he's still better than elf

Payton can play but he should not be starting. You can't expect the bench to always save you. He is no threat from the 3 point line and he isn't the best play maker so he slows the offense down. Those minutes that he starts the first and second 1/2 half kills the momentum. His sloppy ball handling skills are unacceptable. He looks like he doesn't even want to be on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Those 3s of his rivers type lucky shots he made one then he started shooting like superstitious listen I'm only saying this because this board loves harping RJ as untouchable piece which is why I'm always talking about his flaws but instead of a discussion all I get is stat sheet answers nobody wants to admit his limitations compared to elites playing at his position.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    No one has said he is elite. He's untouchable because he took a huge jump at the age of 20, and is still on his rookie deal.

As for his 3s, he's been shooting 40%+ for a really long time now. There was nothing about his shooting last night that looked unsustainable. He wasn't taking step back 3s or anything like that. So this is nonsense.

Still can't believe the knicks passed on Michael Porter Jr. What where they thinking? I know it's the past but wow!!

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast