Follow us on Twitter

Page 213 of 216 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 3237
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @BobbyMilone29
    ·
    1h
    What each prospect's ceiling, is "Type of hitter"at the plate comp, Realistic IMO

Jones = Kyle Tucker
    Domínguez = Anthony Santander
    Wells = Daulton Varsho
    Sweeney = Nathaniel Lowe
    Cabrera = Bryan Reynolds
    Volpe = Alex Bregman
    Peraza= Andres Gimenez
    Pereria = Adolis Garcia
    If Dom=Santander? That would be bummer

If Peraza hits like Gimenez and steal bases?

The rest of those comps would be nice.

Ignorance is bliss

Day,how far out of first did SWB finish? No playoff for them, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If Dom=Santander? That would be bummer

If Peraza hits like Gimenez and steal bases?

The rest of those comps would be nice.
    I think these are super realistic rather than most people dreaming about absolute best case scenario like Dom being Trout, Volpe being Tatis, Peraza being Lindor or Turner, etc. These are more realistic but at the same time Cabrera being compared to Reynolds is a nice compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I think these are super realistic rather than most people dreaming about absolute best case scenario like Dom being Trout, Volpe being Tatis, Peraza being Lindor or Turner, etc. These are more realistic but at the same time Cabrera being compared to Reynolds is a nice compliment.
    Cabrera and Jones as Reynolds and Tucker - sign me up for that. Peraza = Giminez - OK by me as for hitting.

Volpe as Bregman - sounds good, ceiling might be a little higher in my mind because of the stolen bases, whereas Bregman is a sign stealer, more so than a base stealer.

I think Dominguez will exceed Santander, because of his higher BA and more SB, etc

Overall, I'll take it. Let's Go!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Day,how far out of first did SWB finish? No playoff for them, I guess?
    3 games in their division

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Cabrera and Jones as Reynolds and Tucker - sign me up for that. Peraza = Giminez - OK by me as for hitting.

Volpe as Bregman - sounds good, ceiling might be a little higher in my mind because of the stolen bases, whereas Bregman is a sign stealer, more so than a base stealer.

I think Dominguez will exceed Santander, because of his higher BA and more SB, etc

Overall, I'll take it. Let's Go!!!!
    Cabrera comp to Reynolds is something I hadn't thought of till it was brought up by my bro and then this came out. I think he's already a better defender, but doesn't play CF. I think the closer comp would have been K Marte, but I can certainly see a Reynolds type with the bat.

I think the Jones/Tucker comp is a good one. The more and more people I talk to Jones, the more impressed I'm becoming. The guys I know that have seen him are just shocked we were able to get him that late in the 1st round. Defensively IMO, it's a very accurate comp. If Jones continues to make contact the way he did after he was drafted, I think the power ceiling maybe a little higher with Jones. We've already seen Jones ranked in the just missed category on a couple top 100 lists. If he puts it all together, which is a long shot, a LHed Judge might not be very far off. I could see a ceiling of a .285 40hr 100 rbis + with 20 + SBs

Peraza/ Giminez would be great offensively. Peraza probably is a bit better of a defender at SS based on what I've seen.

If you would have given me the Dom/Santander comp in July, I would have taken it. After what he did in High A-AA to finish the season, IMO that comp is very light. You just don't see 19yr old switch hitter put up those kind of numbers being an avg of 3-4 yrs younger than his competition. I think he has put himself back into the top 20 overall and he now has a legit chance to be up and ready sometime next yr. Phoba and I were talking about him and he made the point that Volpe, Dom and Peraza are more 1A, 1B, 1C than 1-2-3 in our spec rankings

Also agree with you on Volpe/Bregman

A bit shocked that Cabrera was compared with Reynolds. Cabrera isn't even ranked in the top 100 prospects. I'm hopeful that he can as good as Brandon Lowe was last year, but I'm realistic to believe that he could just as easily end up as the next Ricky Ledee.

The Dom and Satander comp is kind of odd. It seems like he was chosen simply because he's a switch hitter. If this is the best Dom can do he'll be a massive disappointment.

This year Yankees homegrown players produced a 26.4 WAR put together (while playing for the Yankees).

I don't know where this stands in comparison to other teams homegrown talent, but I would imagine this is a really good number.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    A bit shocked that Cabrera was compared with Reynolds. Cabrera isn't even ranked in the top 100 prospects. I'm hopeful that he can as good as Brandon Lowe was last year, but I'm realistic to believe that he could just as easily end up as the next Ricky Ledee.

The Dom and Satander comp is kind of odd. It seems like he was chosen simply because he's a switch hitter. If this is the best Dom can do he'll be a massive disappointment.

My feelings exactly
    But if they are comparing him to this year?
    33hr Slashing 245/320/ 784 is not a horrible outcome.
    I certainly hope to see Dom hit for better average and steal more bases.

Ignorance is bliss

We can hope. We can pray. We can wish. Projections are fine, ML pitching will be the final arbiter.

Sorry to rain on the parade fellas.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    We can hope. We can pray. We can wish. Projections are fine, ML pitching will be the final arbiter.

Agreed.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

That's the name of the game. You're not raining on anyone's parade, it's reality. Either they can hit major league pitching or they can't. Seems like the Yankees are pretty good at judging who is going to be able to do it and who is not. Their treatment of Florial is a good example of that. Their scouts and coaches saw a player who was hitting Triple-A pitching extremely well but would get exposed at the ML level. They treated him as such and made moves as if he was not there. They seem to be right. Unfortunately other teams saw what they saw so he was not a tradeable asset either.

As long as people are realistic with their hopes of prospects, it's still fun to follow them. Many will fail, flame out, or get traded. It's part of the fun of following prospects. If they all turned into all-stars (not possible anyway) there wouldn't be much to celebrate when they do.
    Last edited by Phoba Rama; 10-02-2022 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    My feelings exactly
    But if they are comparing him to this year?
    33hr Slashing 245/320/ 784 is not a horrible outcome.
    I certainly hope to see Dom hit for better average and steal more bases.

If he's able to provide that at centerfield that's great for the position, but still a disappointment for him. But I guess it could be much worse for our prospects. Here are some alternative projections.

Anthony Volpe: Jorge Mateo
    Oswaldo Cabrera: Cavan Biggio
    Oswaldo Peraza: IKF
    Austin Wells: Mike Ford
    Jasson Dominguez: Aaron Hicks

If he's able to provide that at centerfield that's great for the position, but still a disappointment for him. But I guess it could be much worse for our prospects. Here are some alternative projections.

Tell us how you really feel, lol

But IKF is elite defensively, Ford has 3 HR and Hicks was the 5th best. CF a few years ago!

You are correct. That is worse

Ignorance is bliss