Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 212 of 216 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 3239
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I'd love for him to turn into a defensively valuable version of Victor Martinez

The glove for Wells is actually good, but it's the arm that doesn't play behind the plate. I've seen grades as low as 35. With the pitch clock coming and the emphasis that is going to be put on the running game next yr, IMO he's going to have to do some serious work with his arm to even be a back up.

Or he could put that same effort into hitting full time and figuring out how to pick balls at 1st. IMO, Wells has a very, very good LH bat. He's always been a high avg hitter and thats only going to go up without the shift going forward.

IMO, u have to look at what the value of him as a backup C and 1st baseman would be in a yr or so vs getting him up full time at some point next yr.

As long as Rizzo is here they can leave Wells behind the plate, but if Rizzo goes, they don't exactly have another elite LH bat they could stick their.

Wells can just flat hit, period. I would be curious to see what his bat would look like if he didn't have to focus so much time and energy trying to stick behind the plate
    Trade Wells and sign Munetaka Murakami.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    i'm in

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I approve

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I approve
    If we were able to sign Murakami and add him to the current list of position specs we have, that would be a hell of a lineup on both sides
    1 Peraza SS
    2 Volpe 3rd base
    3 Judge RF
    4 Murakami 1st
    5 Stanton DH until Stanton is gone then Judge
    6 Dom LF/ CF
    7 Jones CF/LF
    8 Torres 2nd base
    9Trevino C

Cabrera and Sweeney could be the utility guys. If Arias takes off as expected he would end up at 2nd,3rd, SS or possibly some OF, he certainly has the skillset to play all over..

If they turn out as we hoped, that is one hell of a lineup with speed, power, contact, athletic and elite defensively

What is crazy about that lineup is that they only guys not at AA or higher are guys we signed or drafted this yr in Jones and Arias. Ceiling wise of all of them, those 2 might have the highest of them all

I agree that if Rizzo does not return the Yankees either need to get another stopgap or fast track Wells at first base. I don't see them doing the latter even if Rizzo opts our and does not re-sign with the Yankees though. If Rizzo doesn't re-sign, the Yankees will sign or trade for someone to replace him.
    That's some ask for a rookie that hasn't played first since college. The better option probably would be to have DJ play first.

Btw on a side note, Gio is batting .278 this year. What a great idea it was to exchange him for JD. We could use someone on this team who isn't hitting .220.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    That's some ask for a rookie that hasn't played first since college. The better option probably would be to have DJ play first.

Btw on a side note, Gio is batting .278 this year. What a great idea it was to exchange him for JD. We could use someone on this team who isn't hitting .220.
    Yeah that's why I said they won't do it lol, nor would I. I don't see them having DJ play first either because then they'd only have one, maximum two lefties in that lineup.

Randy Vasquez has a no hitter through 8 in the Double-A championship game.

In the same game, Dominguez is 3/4 with two homeruns and 6 RBI. The two homeruns were, btw, from the right and left side of the plate respectively.

Randy Vasquez has a no hitter through 8 in the Double-A championship game.

In the same game, Dominguez is 3/4 with two homeruns and 6 RBI. The two homeruns were, btw, from the right and left side of the plate respectively.
    Nice end to a fantastic season for Dominguez.

Randy Vasquez and Carson Coleman threw a combined no-hitter in the Double-A Championship tonight. Pretty incredible night for these two (especially Vasquez).

Ditto Jasson. Incredible.

Including the playoffs, Dominguez finished with a .280/.395/.503/.898 line with 19 homeruns, 24 doubles, 7 triples, and 37 SB.

Pretty incredible season for a 19-year-old who finished in Double-A. Glad they didn't trade him.

This is the final Minor League Report of 2022. Thanks to everyone for getting through another season! I'll do something like end of season awards, 1st team all specs list top 25-30 list. If any of you guys would like to weigh in on those, I'd gladly put your input in. Thanks for checking in all yr guys, Thanks guys, Day

Scranton Railriders (83-67) (Closed out their season with a 3-0 win over Buffalo)

SS Anthony Volpe: 0-for-2, RS, BB, HBP, SB (6)
    Volpe ends the season with 50 stolen bases.
    CF Tyler Wade: 0-for-1, SF, RBI, 2 BB
    C Ben Rortvedt: 0-for-2, BB, 2 K
    LF Matt Pita: 0-for-1, K
    DH Josh Breaux: 1-for-4
    LF Ryan LaMarre: 0-for-2, K
    1B Chad Bell: 0-for-1, BB, K
    2B Derek Dietrich: 1-for-3, HR (3), RBI, RS, BB
    3B Armando Alvarez: 0-for-3, K
    1B-C Rob Brantly: 1-for-3, 2B (10)
    RF Michael Beltre: 0-for-2, RS, BB, 2 SB (6)

RHP Sean Boyle: (W, 5-1) 5 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 5 K
    Boyle finishes the season with a 13-5 record between here and Somerset. In 155.1 innings, he allowed 138 hits while walking 34 and striking out 160.
    RHP Albert Abreu: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K
    RHP Michael Gomez: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K
    LHP Ronald Guzman: 0.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 1 K
    Your screen isn’t lying – Guzman has been working to become a pitcher in addition to his first base/DH duties. Tonight, he was able to get into the final game of the season.
    RHP Jacob Barnes: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
    RHP Jimmy Cordero (S, 6): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K

Somerset Patriots (83-53 (regular season); 4-1 in the playoffs) (Pulverized Erie, 15-0 (no-hitter), to win the championship!)

SS Trey Sweeney: 1-for-5, 2 RS, BB, K
    Sweeney will likely begin 2023 at this level. He should get himself to Scranton at some point, however.
    CF Jasson Dominguez: 3-for-4, 2 HR (3), 6 RBI, 2 RS, 2 BB
    Dominguez homers in back-to-back games (tonight, he hit home runs from both sides of the plate) and compiles his 4th straight multi-hit game. Including the regular season, he ends the season with 19 home runs. This 19-year-old was given a bust label before he could even begin to breathe. He has proven any naysayers wrong.

C Austin Wells: 1-for-6, K
    It is funny that Wells, the owner of one of the most potent bats in the system, is mostly quiet on a night like this. That’s baseball! He had a fantastic season and should make his MLB debut in 2023 at some point. I just don’t see Triple-A being a major issue for him.
    3B Andres Chaparro: 2-for-5, HR (1), RBI, 2 RS, HBP, K
    He is a bat-first corner infielder with questions about whether he can play third base. However, his bat has been so strong that I think you must protect him.
    DH Elijah Dunham: 1-for-3, 2 RS, 2 BB, K
    Dunham is not Rule 5 eligible and will get to Triple-A to begin 2023.

RF Jeisson Rosario: 2-for-4, HR (1), 2 RBI, 2 RS, BB
    Rosario had a solid enough season where you would think the Yankees will want to bring him back for 2023.
    2B Jesus Bastidas: 1-for-3, 2 RBI, RS, 2 HBP
    Up-the-middle kid showed a power stroke this year. Major prospect? No. But he at least put himself somewhere on the map.
    1B Mickey Gasper: 2-for-5, 2B (1), 2 RBI, 2 RS, K
    LF Brandon Lockridge: 2-for-4, 2 RS, BB, 2 K, SB (2)

RHP Randy Vasquez: 8 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K
    This is one way to make a final impression when you are Rule 5 eligible.

RHP Carson Coleman: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
    Last edited by dayners81; 09-29-2022 at 12:34 PM.

@JulianGuilarte1
    ·
    2h
    Jasson Dominguez’s final numbers with the postseason factored in. 19 HR’s 69 RBI 37 SB and 77 walks. Slash line: 282/385/484. This gives him an OPS Of 869. This was across three levels in Tampa, Hudson and Somerset this season. #RepBX #BabyBombers #JassonDominguez #TheMartian

based on how quickly Dom adjusted, then took of in AA, I don't think u see the Yanks sign a LF ( unless they lose Judge). They'll go with some combo of Cabrera, maybe Flo, if they keep Hicks, because this kid is very likely going to push himself into the MLB conversation next yr.

@BobbyMilone29
    ·
    1h
    What each prospect's ceiling, is "Type of hitter"at the plate comp, Realistic IMO

Jones = Kyle Tucker
    Domínguez = Anthony Santander
    Wells = Daulton Varsho
    Sweeney = Nathaniel Lowe
    Cabrera = Bryan Reynolds
    Volpe = Alex Bregman
    Peraza= Andres Gimenez
    Pereria = Adolis Garcia

@elijfishman
    ·
    1h
    Jasson Dominguez went 9-for-20 with three homers and ten RBI in five playoff games during
    @SOMPatriots
    championship run.

I can't wait to see what a breakout season from Dom looks like.