Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 201 of 217 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3248
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Like you Day, I am curious to see Jones hit AA. If he can handle that pitching, he has a solid chance at being good

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Like you Day, I am curious to see Jones hit AA. If he can handle that pitching, he has a solid chance at being good
    I think they found another guy with elite potential in Jones. One thing that has already been talked about is his ability to identify pitches spin out of the hand. If he's already able to do that my concern about him hitting better breaking balls goes way, way down. Just based on what he's done so far he's a borderline to 100 guy.

I was blown away draft night when he fell to us. Team got scared by his size and long levers, just like they did with Judge, and may have let another elite player fall to us. With his elite consistency to barrel ball, hard hit % and massive exit velo he's got all the making of a complete stud.

Speaking of guys who have absolutely turned it on this yr, I have to mention Dom. Since his promotion he has absolutely taken the eff off. He was hitting .265/.373./.813 in 76 low A games this yr as a 19-20yr old which certainly isn't bad

Since being promoted to high a he's gone on a bit of a tear hitting 298/.397/.857. He's raised his slash line a minimum of 24 point across the board, with the BA going up .34 points. Thats a big jump moving up a level and being one of the youngest players at that level. The biggest difference is he's finally succeeding hitting RHed. If he can keep these numbers he is finally looking like the player we hoped he would be.

A handful of us have talked about it taking longer for switch hitter to put it all together in the over whelming majority of players. He could start next yr in AA and could be an option late next yr or the beginning of 24

Wells is another one who hasn't missed a beat since being moved up to AA. He's hitting for power and avg. It seems the bat could be ready as soon as next yr. My question is where does he play? Trevino is going to be the starting C until he's a FA, he's superior to Wells in every aspect defensively. We're going to need a long term solution as 1st base. If I were the Yanks I would start getting him reps at 1st. Worst case he improves his defensive versatility. He could play 1st and catch occasionally, which should get his bat into the MLB lineup sooner

I'm incredibly frustrated that they trade away so much of our top pitching depth but it's tough to argue their stategy they have gone to on the position side of the ball in the draft and INF.

In IFA they have targeted the best up the middle talent available and landing them. Based on KB's info which has always proven to be right on. Besides Dom and Arias, we also have agreed to sign the top talents in 2 of the next 3yrs and all of them are strong up the middle guys.

In the draft they have been targeting advanced college LHed bats unless they find an outlier like Volpe. Wells, Sweeney and Jones are all of to very good starts and look like they are going to be solid contributors down the road.

Cashman has done an amazing job rebuilding the farm, scouting and development systems. Now he needs to start giving these talents he's been telling us are coming a chance. It's amazing to have all these tremendous assets in the system, but if you're not going to give them a shot, whats the point?

From prospects Live - DSL rankings. Looks like my thoughts about Arias playing hurt all year were correct. Hopefully it's something that doesn't linger past this year. No one seems that worried about it either way and it was something he could play through so hopefully not that bad. These other names are new to me and I'm happy to have them in the system.

6. Enamnuel Tejeda, SS, NYY

5’11 160 R/R

Tejeda was a bit of a sleeper signing for the Yanks, but one that appears to be paying big-time dividends early on. Tejeda has a simple but violent swing from the right side with plus bat speed and some natural loft. His hip move really well and it’s easy to project continued power gains as he fills out. Athletic, with a MIF, build, Tejeda looks like he will be a super utility who can play SS long-term if needed with enough arm for 3B. Tejeda has one of the best eyes at the level and has showcased a phenomenal pitch selection. It’s easy to see similarities to a young Oswald Peraza in his game, albeit with a long way to go. I think Tejeda is a dude.

29. John Cruz, RF, Yankees

6’3 170 L/L

Still 16, Cruz was the youngest player in last year's class, adding even more projection to one of the most projectable frames. Given his lanky build and length, there is some swing and miss to Cruz’s game, but it’s reasonable given the profile and he has a good feel for the zone. Cruz is a plus glove currently who can play some CF with 55 speed and has a legitimate plus arm that should tick up to 70 as he fills out his 6’3 frame. Cruz has some of the highest top-end exit velos in the class and they project to continue to tick wayyyyy up as he fills out and he should have 60 or better raw power at maturity. This matters, because Cruz is also the single most launch heavy hitter at the level. Overall, Cruz is a guy who projects to have as much as 70 raw/70 arm with added value on defense and an analytical darling offensive profile. There is a huge range of outcomes here but Cruz has a very high ceiling if it comes together.

40. Roderick Arias, SS, Yankees

6’2 180 S/R

The top prospect in the class in mine and many others' minds, Arias missed a good chunk of the season with injury and is still playing a bit hurt. A slight change to his bat path for more loft has been a learning process for Arias and his .194 AVG likely put a lot of people off. That said, the underlying stats are actually extremely encouraging. While there has been more swing and miss than expected, the quality of contact has been excellent with a very high hard hit rate to all fields and extremely low soft contact rate. Arias shows the makings of plus power with plus or better speed and the ability to be a SS for the long haul. Arias has an extremely patient approach with a great feel for the zone and has navigated being pitched around. Health contributed to swing and miss issues, and I am extremely bullish on the hit tool going forward. Arias is likely the #1 prospect in the DSL right now for me and a borderline top 100 prospect for me currently. If he can get the swing and miss back to expectations, the ceiling here is a legitimate top ten prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    From prospects Live - DSL rankings. Looks like my thoughts about Arias playing hurt all year were correct. Hopefully it's something that doesn't linger past this year. No one seems that worried about it either way and it was something he could play through so hopefully not that bad. These other names are new to me and I'm happy to have them in the system.

6. Enamnuel Tejeda, SS, NYY

5’11 160 R/R

Tejeda was a bit of a sleeper signing for the Yanks, but one that appears to be paying big-time dividends early on. Tejeda has a simple but violent swing from the right side with plus bat speed and some natural loft. His hip move really well and it’s easy to project continued power gains as he fills out. Athletic, with a MIF, build, Tejeda looks like he will be a super utility who can play SS long-term if needed with enough arm for 3B. Tejeda has one of the best eyes at the level and has showcased a phenomenal pitch selection. It’s easy to see similarities to a young Oswald Peraza in his game, albeit with a long way to go. I think Tejeda is a dude.

29. John Cruz, RF, Yankees

6’3 170 L/L

Still 16, Cruz was the youngest player in last year's class, adding even more projection to one of the most projectable frames. Given his lanky build and length, there is some swing and miss to Cruz’s game, but it’s reasonable given the profile and he has a good feel for the zone. Cruz is a plus glove currently who can play some CF with 55 speed and has a legitimate plus arm that should tick up to 70 as he fills out his 6’3 frame. Cruz has some of the highest top-end exit velos in the class and they project to continue to tick wayyyyy up as he fills out and he should have 60 or better raw power at maturity. This matters, because Cruz is also the single most launch heavy hitter at the level. Overall, Cruz is a guy who projects to have as much as 70 raw/70 arm with added value on defense and an analytical darling offensive profile. There is a huge range of outcomes here but Cruz has a very high ceiling if it comes together.

40. Roderick Arias, SS, Yankees

6’2 180 S/R

The top prospect in the class in mine and many others' minds, Arias missed a good chunk of the season with injury and is still playing a bit hurt. A slight change to his bat path for more loft has been a learning process for Arias and his .194 AVG likely put a lot of people off. That said, the underlying stats are actually extremely encouraging. While there has been more swing and miss than expected, the quality of contact has been excellent with a very high hard hit rate to all fields and extremely low soft contact rate. Arias shows the makings of plus power with plus or better speed and the ability to be a SS for the long haul. Arias has an extremely patient approach with a great feel for the zone and has navigated being pitched around. Health contributed to swing and miss issues, and I am extremely bullish on the hit tool going forward. Arias is likely the #1 prospect in the DSL right now for me and a borderline top 100 prospect for me currently. If he can get the swing and miss back to expectations, the ceiling here is a legitimate top ten prospect.
    Heard some great things about Tejeda, great under the radar signing for us. The Yanks have continued to keep developing high level up the middle talent. If he can develop into a super utility guy that can play SS, 3rd base that would be so, so valuable

Cruz sounds like a very exciting spec, especially just being 16 and putting up those numbers and exit velos. Thats remarkable for such a young kid. We need more high ceiling COFer, that one of the few weak area's we have in the system. It does help were loaded and will continue getting deeper in CF with Mayea coming followed by another top 3 IFA spec in the next class.

Hopefully Cruz isn't one of those guys that are closed to maxed out around 16, if his tools value continua's to improve he could be a beast.

I was never really worried about Arias, but it's very good to know that part of the reason his numbers weren't as good as we hoped to be was because was injured. I think we could look past the BA and look at the BB% and K% were very good considering his age, especially the BB%. His speed, arm, fielding, range and ability to barrel the ball is all elite at his age. I'll be very shocked if this time next yr we aren't talking about him being an elite talent and he'll probably get to low A. It won't be surprising if he's in the conversation of being a top 100 guy by the end of next yr, with Jones and Tejada not far behind

KLaw on Yankee prospects in Somerset: https://theathletic.com/3542751/2022...ampaign=601983

60 power on Volpe is unbelievable - if that's true then there's zero chance they should trade the kid:

Somerset’s top four hitters are all among the Yanks’ better prospects, highlighted by the best prospect in the system, Anthony Volpe, who seemed to do it all in the two games I caught this week – including accounting for two of Somerset’s three hits on Friday, and their only run thanks to an opposite-field homer on a slider down and away. He’s a plus runner, a plus defender, has 60 power and always seems to be in the right place to make a play. I did see him swing under some fastballs up in the zone, which is the only thing I could possibly call a weakness in his game at the moment. After a rough first two months that had him barely hitting .200 at the end of May, he’s hitting .284/.378/.535 since the start of June.

• Austin Wells, the Yanks’ first-rounder in 2020, can hit some, but he can not catch at all, and they’re going to have to make a decision on his position at some point in the near future. He has maybe a 30 arm, although it plays a little better than that because the Yankees have improved his release; and he struggles with receiving and blocking. He missed time earlier this year with a groin injury that stemmed from his inability to catch or block a foul tip. None of this is a surprise, as amateur scouts were nearly unanimous in agreeing he wasn’t going to remain a catcher in pro ball, but it does put more pressure on his bat. He’s hitting .248/.341/.423 so far in 38 games in Double A; at age 22, probably not where he needs to be if he’s a DH, although I saw a solid approach and plus power from him. He’s close enough to the majors that I think continuing to catch him is a mistake – just put him in left or at first and tell him to worry about hitting.

• Everson Pereira was the Yanks’ eighth-best prospect this past offseason, but was my sleeper pick for the system, since he’s always had the tools to be a top 50 guy but has had injury after injury since he first signed in 2017 for $1.5 million. He’s been healthy all year, hitting well enough in High-A Hudson Valley to reach Double A at age 21, and the tools are largely still there – he’s got great bat speed, above-average power and running speed, and at least the athleticism to handle center. His approach is just fair right now; he’s not getting fooled badly, but he’s also going after some pitcher’s pitches, and in two games I didn’t see hard contact, which I think is tied to when he’s choosing to swing. He hit a soft popup to left on a 3-0 pitch, which is just one pitch but really that’s the situation you’d expect a guy to unload, and the rest of his at-bats ended in soft to medium-hit groundballs. That said, he’s got above-average upside, and is so young and inexperienced (I saw his 202nd career game on Friday) that I think he’s a back-of-the-top 100 guy already.

• Outfielder Elijah Dunham is a great story, drafted by Pittsburgh in 2019, declining to sign with the Pirates only to have the pandemic ruin his last year at Indiana, leading him to go undrafted in 2020. He signed with the Yankees as a free agent that summer and is now hitting .259/.356/.468 as a 24-year-old in Double A, showing strong contact skills, plus power and great feel for baserunning. He crushed several mistake pitches in the two games I saw, and he covered quite a bit of ground in right field. He doesn’t pick up lefties well, though, and might be a platoon guy in a corner rather than a regular. I do think he’s a big leaguer, and a useful one, even though he’s probably not an everyday guy.

• Right-hander Randy Vasquez was the Yankees’ 14th prospect coming into the season and has continued to improve this year as a starter in Double A. He was 92-95 mph on Friday night, matching up with Tiedemann, and showed an above-average changeup and long, sweepy slider that he could manipulate well, going down and in to lefties, down and away to get righties to chase, or even coming in with a shorter version to strike out a right-handed batter. His delivery is very high-effort and he comes from the extreme third base side of the rubber, cutting himself off in his landing, so like Tiedemann, he doesn’t get his fastball or changeup well to the other side of the plate. He punched out 9-of-19 batters on Friday, though, and has a chance for three above-average pitches himself. If he had more size to him, I’d feel better about him starting, but he’s listed at six-foot, 165 pounds, and with the effort in the delivery and lack of present command, he’s maybe 60/40 to end up a good reliever instead of a starter.

• Yankees right-hander Will Warren started on Tuesday and showed premium stuff that should make him a valuable reliever, but his delivery and lack of command give him virtually no chance to stay a starter. Warren was 91-94 mph with two distinct breaking balls, both of which could show plus, including a hammer curveball that he used more to lefties than his too-firm changeup. It’s a high-effort delivery with some head-whack and a stiff landing, so the command is unlikely to get better, but I think the fastball will be more 93-95 mph (if not more) in relief and he’ll have multiple weapons to get guys out when he’s only going through an order one time.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    KLaw on Yankee prospects in Somerset: https://theathletic.com/3542751/2022...ampaign=601983

60 power on Volpe is unbelievable - if that's true then there's zero chance they should trade the kid:

Somerset’s top four hitters are all among the Yanks’ better prospects, highlighted by the best prospect in the system, Anthony Volpe, who seemed to do it all in the two games I caught this week – including accounting for two of Somerset’s three hits on Friday, and their only run thanks to an opposite-field homer on a slider down and away. He’s a plus runner, a plus defender, has 60 power and always seems to be in the right place to make a play. I did see him swing under some fastballs up in the zone, which is the only thing I could possibly call a weakness in his game at the moment. After a rough first two months that had him barely hitting .200 at the end of May, he’s hitting .284/.378/.535 since the start of June.

• Austin Wells, the Yanks’ first-rounder in 2020, can hit some, but he can not catch at all, and they’re going to have to make a decision on his position at some point in the near future. He has maybe a 30 arm, although it plays a little better than that because the Yankees have improved his release; and he struggles with receiving and blocking. He missed time earlier this year with a groin injury that stemmed from his inability to catch or block a foul tip. None of this is a surprise, as amateur scouts were nearly unanimous in agreeing he wasn’t going to remain a catcher in pro ball, but it does put more pressure on his bat. He’s hitting .248/.341/.423 so far in 38 games in Double A; at age 22, probably not where he needs to be if he’s a DH, although I saw a solid approach and plus power from him. He’s close enough to the majors that I think continuing to catch him is a mistake – just put him in left or at first and tell him to worry about hitting.

• Everson Pereira was the Yanks’ eighth-best prospect this past offseason, but was my sleeper pick for the system, since he’s always had the tools to be a top 50 guy but has had injury after injury since he first signed in 2017 for $1.5 million. He’s been healthy all year, hitting well enough in High-A Hudson Valley to reach Double A at age 21, and the tools are largely still there – he’s got great bat speed, above-average power and running speed, and at least the athleticism to handle center. His approach is just fair right now; he’s not getting fooled badly, but he’s also going after some pitcher’s pitches, and in two games I didn’t see hard contact, which I think is tied to when he’s choosing to swing. He hit a soft popup to left on a 3-0 pitch, which is just one pitch but really that’s the situation you’d expect a guy to unload, and the rest of his at-bats ended in soft to medium-hit groundballs. That said, he’s got above-average upside, and is so young and inexperienced (I saw his 202nd career game on Friday) that I think he’s a back-of-the-top 100 guy already.

• Outfielder Elijah Dunham is a great story, drafted by Pittsburgh in 2019, declining to sign with the Pirates only to have the pandemic ruin his last year at Indiana, leading him to go undrafted in 2020. He signed with the Yankees as a free agent that summer and is now hitting .259/.356/.468 as a 24-year-old in Double A, showing strong contact skills, plus power and great feel for baserunning. He crushed several mistake pitches in the two games I saw, and he covered quite a bit of ground in right field. He doesn’t pick up lefties well, though, and might be a platoon guy in a corner rather than a regular. I do think he’s a big leaguer, and a useful one, even though he’s probably not an everyday guy.

• Right-hander Randy Vasquez was the Yankees’ 14th prospect coming into the season and has continued to improve this year as a starter in Double A. He was 92-95 mph on Friday night, matching up with Tiedemann, and showed an above-average changeup and long, sweepy slider that he could manipulate well, going down and in to lefties, down and away to get righties to chase, or even coming in with a shorter version to strike out a right-handed batter. His delivery is very high-effort and he comes from the extreme third base side of the rubber, cutting himself off in his landing, so like Tiedemann, he doesn’t get his fastball or changeup well to the other side of the plate. He punched out 9-of-19 batters on Friday, though, and has a chance for three above-average pitches himself. If he had more size to him, I’d feel better about him starting, but he’s listed at six-foot, 165 pounds, and with the effort in the delivery and lack of present command, he’s maybe 60/40 to end up a good reliever instead of a starter.

• Yankees right-hander Will Warren started on Tuesday and showed premium stuff that should make him a valuable reliever, but his delivery and lack of command give him virtually no chance to stay a starter. Warren was 91-94 mph with two distinct breaking balls, both of which could show plus, including a hammer curveball that he used more to lefties than his too-firm changeup. It’s a high-effort delivery with some head-whack and a stiff landing, so the command is unlikely to get better, but I think the fastball will be more 93-95 mph (if not more) in relief and he’ll have multiple weapons to get guys out when he’s only going through an order one time.
    He's probably right about Vasquez, who has been pretty inconsistent this year. I think what he wrote about Warren is very unfair though. This is a guy who made it to Double-A in his first professional season and been successful there. To assume he is done improving is foolish to say the least. Warren has a great chance to remain a starter, probably more than Vasquez.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    He's probably right about Vasquez, who has been pretty inconsistent this year. I think what he wrote about Warren is very unfair though. This is a guy who made it to Double-A in his first professional season and been successful there. To assume he is done improving is foolish to say the least. Warren has a great chance to remain a starter, probably more than Vasquez.
    I agree with u completely about Warren, This is his first full yr starting and his skills are peaked? IMO that beyond silly to assume, especially coming from someone who is supposed to be a top tier prospect evaluator

Klaw hasn't been high on a single Yanks prospect that I can remember since Phil Hughes and Chris Garcia. So that he said anything remotely optimistic about our specs is something

Volpe 60 grade power? plus runner, plus defender, yet he nit picks about struggling with velo up in the zone? not many 5-9 5-10 guys that hit for power, that don't struggle with high velo up in the zone. Launch angle swings, like Volpe will always struggle with that.

I do agree with him about Wells, If he only has a 30 grade arm, he isn't going to stick behind the plate, especially with the running game coming back. Just move him to 1st and tell him to concentrate on hitting, which Wells does very well

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I agree with u completely about Warren, This is his first full yr starting and his skills are peaked? IMO that beyond silly to assume, especially coming from someone who is supposed to be a top tier prospect evaluator

Klaw hasn't been high on a single Yanks prospect that I can remember since Phil Hughes and Chris Garcia. So that he said anything remotely optimistic about our specs is something

Volpe 60 grade power? plus runner, plus defender, yet he nit picks about struggling with velo up in the zone? not many 5-9 5-10 guys that hit for power, that don't struggle with high velo up in the zone. Launch angle swings, like Volpe will always struggle with that.

I do agree with him about Wells, If he only has a 30 grade arm, he isn't going to stick behind the plate, especially with the running game coming back. Just move him to 1st and tell him to concentrate on hitting, which Wells does very well
    I'm sure they believe he has more trade value if he remains at catcher. Not sure if they're fooling anyone though. That said I don't particularly trust KLaw's evaluation of catchers, especially Yankees catchers. I'll take a wait and see approach. If they have to move him to 1B, so be it. They can definitely use some help at that position.

@mryclept
    ·
    41m
    A 108.2 MPH single for Spencer Jones (
    @TampaTarpons
    ) #Yankees #RepBX 2-for-3 with a BB.

@BobbyMilone29
    ·
    29m
    Spencer Jones with his 10 SB on the season tonight

amazing

Hudson Valley Renegades (66-53; 32-21 in the second half) (Game against Jersey Shore suspended in the 5th. Jersey Shore leads, 7-4. Stats up-to-this-point below)

SS Trey Sweeney: 2-for-2, 2B (17), HR (14), RBI, RS
    CF Jasson Dominguez: 0-for-2
    3B Tyler Hardman: 0-for-2, K
    C Anthony Seigler: 0-for-2
    1B T.J. Rumfield: 1-for-2, 2B (12)
    8-game hitting streak.
    RF Grant Richardson: 1-for-2, HR (10), RBI, RS
    16th HR overall. He has homered in three straight games.
    DH Spencer Henson: 0-for-1, BB
    LF Aaron Palensky: 0-for-2
    2B Eduardo Torrealba: 0-for-1

RHP Juan Carela: 4 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, HR
    This line is not accurate but the game has been temporarily deleted from GameDay. I will update it all tomorrow.

Tampa Tarpons (58-61; 31-22 in the second half) (Lost to Dunedin, 9-7)

SS Alexander Vargas: 1-for-4, 3B (2), 2 RS, BB
    CF Spencer Jones: 2-for-3, 2B (3), RBI, 2 RS, 2 BB, 2 SB (9)
    I can continue to throw numbers at you all day (.357 with a .956 OPS). The bottom line? He is doing what you expect an advanced college bat to do. The real test comes later.
    C Antonio Gomez: 2-for-5, HR (6), 3 RBI, RS, 2 K
    Gomez has three multi-hit games in his last four games played (6-for-19)
    1B Anthony Garcia: 0-for-3, SF, RBI, 2 K
    Garcia returns from the IL.
    1B Ben Rice: 0-for-1, K
    DH Marcos Cabrera: 1-for-3, HR (14), RBI, RS, BB, K
    I have said it all year: He has shown off his home run pop (good) but has to figure out the rest of his hit tool.
    LF Tayler Aguilar: 0-for-3, HBP
    2B Brett Barrera: 0-for-4, K
    RF Madison Santos: 0-for-3, BB, 2 K
    3B Beau Brewer: 0-for-4, RS
    Brewer went 6-for-29 with a pair of doubles and five runs batted in down in the FCL. He was chosen in the 19th round in this year’s draft.

RHP Yorlin Calderon: 3.2 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, HR
    LHP Ryan Anderson: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 0 K, HR
    RHP Leam Mendez: 2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
    Since promotion: 10 IP, 12 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 HR, 4 BB, 12 K
    RHP Danny Watson (L, 5-4): 1.1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
    3.88 ERA (55.2 IP, 42 H, 27 R, 24 ER, 3 HR, 32 BB, 64 K)
    RHP Jack Neely: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K

FCL Yankees (38-17)

League champions.

I see no role for IKF on this team beyond 2022. Honestly, I see no role for him on the current team, especially when Carpenter comes back. Oswaldo Cabrera is already better than him. Oswald Peraza is probably already better than him. Anthony Volpe will be better than him by the end of next year.

I like IKF as a person. I do feel a bit bad for him that he has been moved around so much and no one views him as the SS of the future... but such is the life of a guy with his profile. He's playing in the major leagues for a living and making more than most people in the country ever will.

Y Gomez has been promoted to AA, If he can stay healthy he is probably our most talented starting pitching spec we have left.

Devi Garcia has been re promoted to AAA, but will workout of the BP at least for the rest of the yr

Devi working on a new pitch out of the BP, a cutter he was throwing 89-91
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1565144868690792448

He worked a clean 7th inning and the FB was up to 96. https://twitter.com/i/status/1565144398333186048

I wish they could have fixed him as a starter but that time has clearly passed. IMO, with his smaller frame, like Lo, he maybe able to turn himself into a very good reliever and not having to get through a lineup multiple times should help him. He has the stuff to be a very good multi inning reliever as long as he can control his pitches and limit the HR ball