Follow us on Twitter

Page 191 of 213 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 3191
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @YankeeMetrics
    ·
    3h
    Yankees' 2022 1st-rounder Spencer Jones is heading to Low-A Tampa, per the MiLB Transactions Log after going 5-for-10 with a homer in the FCL. That means we'll get to see his Statcast
    Good to see them move him quickly.

Day, any word about who will get called up or in Cashman's case, maybe they claim someone to take Carpenter's place.

Actually, Cabrera could be a great fit. I was thinking Andujar just to DH or Flo to play OF but Cabrera? Switch hitter who an play anywhere and runs very well?

Ignorance is bliss

Andujar has been called up.

I completely agree about Cabrera

Saw that all 3 of Roderick’s home runs were oppo field that’s mighty impressive for a kid that age once he puts of muscle man I see a Soto kind of hitter from the left side. Scary good potential.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    Saw that all 3 of Roderick’s home runs were oppo field that’s mighty impressive for a kid that age once he puts of muscle man I see a Soto kind of hitter from the left side. Scary good potential.
    Great to see. Hope the Yankees do a nice job with his development. Fun to fantasize about the 2025 lineup with him and a couple of others in it.

Yeah he has some very impressive bat to ball skill and oppo power from both sides. When he gets some of his man strength he's going to be scary at the plate. That said, from what I've seen, the stat I've been most impressed with is the walks. He had something like 20 BB vs 28Ks.

In a league like the DSL with so much free swinging that goes on in that league and him only being 17, thats a really impressive stat. It indicates really good pitch recognition and that bodes very well for his future, especially being that advanced as a switch hitter. It's very rare to see that tool standout at such a young age for a kid that hits from both sides of the plate. As good as Dom is, he wasn't even close to that at the same age, or even now.

Speaking of Dom, WOW has he started to take off or what? He was struggling hitting from the RH side and he homered off one of the better LH pitching specs in the Futures Game and hasn't looked back. He hit 2 more HRs RH last weekend, he's taking a lot of walks compared to earlier in the yr. He's looking like it has finally clicked and could move quickly if he can keep it going.

He's also playing with a confidence I haven't seen him play with since he was in the DSL/FCL. He looks like he finally comfortable with the swing and approach changes they have made. We'll see how he does in AA, which is the real test, but it won't surprise me if he passes that test with flying colors. I also won't be surprised if he moves through the upper levels quickly and could be in the MLB at his goal age of 21.

Not sure he's going to stick in CF, but since he's slimmed down it seems like the speed has also returned. If he can improve his routes maybe he does stick in CF. At least, until Mayea, if he pans out, is ready. From what i've heard there is little doubt that he is going to be an elite defender in CF

https://twitter.com/i/status/1557149656743907328 WOW, Wells throwing out to runners in the same inning? That arm action looks much, much better than in previous yrs. If he could stick behind the plate, that would be unbelievably huge for us

Yeah he has some very impressive bat to ball skill and oppo power from both sides. When he gets some of his man strength he's going to be scary at the plate. That said, from what I've seen, the stat I've been most impressed with is the walks. He had something like 20 BB vs 28Ks.

In a league like the DSL with so much free swinging that goes on in that league and him only being 17, thats a really impressive stat. It indicates really good pitch recognition and that bodes very well for his future, especially being that advanced as a switch hitter. It's very rare to see that tool standout at such a young age for a kid that hits from both sides of the plate. As good as Dom is, he wasn't even close to that at the same age, or even now.

Speaking of Dom, WOW has he started to take off or what? He was struggling hitting from the RH side and he homered off one of the better LH pitching specs in the Futures Game and hasn't looked back. He hit 2 more HRs RH last weekend, he's taking a lot of walks compared to earlier in the yr. He's looking like it has finally clicked and could move quickly if he can keep it going.

He's also playing with a confidence I haven't seen him play with since he was in the DSL/FCL. He looks like he finally comfortable with the swing and approach changes they have made. We'll see how he does in AA, which is the real test, but it won't surprise me if he passes that test with flying colors. I also won't be surprised if he moves through the upper levels quickly and could be in the MLB at his goal age of 21.

Not sure he's going to stick in CF, but since he's slimmed down it seems like the speed has also returned. If he can improve his routes maybe he does stick in CF. At least, until Mayea, if he pans out, is ready. From what i've heard there is little doubt that he is going to be an elite defender in CF
    Yea Roderick is insane, Dominguez is insane as well I see all these dumb posters Like Bobby milone post to trade him which makes no sense to me at all. Outfielders are getting crowded now, with judge going to most likely be here long term, you have ep, flo if given a chance, dom and mayea, Dunham and jones and hall. I still hated losing alcantara and he looks great for the cubs right now. Mayea is literally mookie betts almost identical players. All 3 of Roderick, mayea and Dominguez are basically generational. It’s scary how good they can be.

News:

The Yankees made several minor league transactions today, including the promotion of first-round pick Spencer Jones from the FCL to Single-A Tampa. If you think “that was quick,”, it really isn’t. Advanced college bats should not stick around in the FCL for long. Jones will be joined by fellow collegiate draftees Brett Barrera and Tayler Aguilar. In addition, RHP Leam Mendez is making his way to Tampa. The 22-year-old was signed in February as an international free agent.

Several players were bumped up from Tampa to Hudson Valley, including IF Ben Cowles, who is tearing the cover off the ball. The 22-year-old surged up my weekly leaderboards recently and is hitting .286/.383/.478 (148 wRC+) with 16 doubles and 13 stolen bases. RHP Richard Fitts, who is pitching much better than the ERA indicates, is also making his way up north.

RHP Matt Sauer and 1B Eric Wagaman will get their first taste of the upper minors, as they were promoted to Somerset. Both players are Rule 5 eligible this winter. Wagaman is hitting .233/.332/.422 in 208 plate appearances with solid BB (12%) and K (16.3%) rates. His BABIP is an absurdly low .239. Sauer, a second-round pick in the 2017 draft, is pitching to a 3.77 ERA (4.25 FIP) over 88.1 innings with a 26.5% K and 9.3% BB. I can see a rebuilding team drafting him. It is obvious that other organizations value the Yankees pitching pipeline, so expect to see them target them in the draft.

IF Chad Bell is now one step away from MLB, as he is now a member of the Scranton Railriders. The 1B/3B (who has a handful of games at 2B as well) had a tough time adjusting to Double-A in 2021, hitting .178/.248/.327 with five home runs in 117 plate appearances. This season, the left-handed bat has turned on the power, as evidenced by his .249/.329/.450 (109 wRC+) line over 280 plate appearances. He has clubbed 14 home runs. Red-hot RHP Sean Boyle will join the pitching staff that was shredded apart by deadline deals. It would be hard to find a minor league pitcher hotter than Boyle, who has pitched to a 0.90 ERA over his last 40 innings.

Unfortunately, some prospects needed to be cut today. That is the ugly side of the business. I won’t get into all of them, but one name I followed closely through the years was OF Pablo Olivares. In 2019, in High-A Tampa at the age of 21, Olivares hit .250/.358/.306 (107 wRC+) with a 10.1% BB and 14.2% K. He added 20 stolen bases. He wasn’t your typical Yankees prospect – never flashed much power. However, I thought he was a legitimate prospect. Injuries likely cost him a chance to move further up the chain.

Scranton Railriders (55-50) (Walloped Worcester, 10-2)

CF Estevan Florial: 2-for-5, RBI, 2 RS, K, SB (32)
    Florial’s 25th multi-hit game in 2022.
    LF Tyler Wade: 1-for-4, HR (2), 2 RBI, 2 RS, BB, K, SB (7)
    SS Oswaldo Cabrera: 2-for-5, 2 RBI
    .238/.317/.450 in 181 PA at this level
    C Ben Rortvedt: 2-for-4, 2B (2), K
    It wouldn’t be surprising if Rortvedt started swinging a better bat – he should be getting out of spring training mode.
    1B Ronald Guzman: 1-for-4, 3 K
    1B Chad Bell: 0-for-0
    Triple-A debut doesn’t include any swings…
    DH Rob Brantly: 0-for-4, K
    Josh Breaux was in the original lineup but was scratched.
    3B Phillip Evans: 1-for-3, HR (8), RBI, 2 RS, BB
    Evans doing his job as a veteran presence this season.
    RF Michael Beltre: 2-for-4, 2B (1), HR (2; 9th overall), 2 RBI, 2 RS, K
    Beltre has homered in two of his four games since his promotion.
    2B Chris Owings: 3-for-4, 2B (2), HR (2), 2 RBI, 2 RS

LHP Matt Krook: (W, 7-7) 6 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 5 BB, 6 K
    Krook used his ability to generate ground balls (and some strikeouts) to turn a wild night into a solid one. Season: 4.17 ERA (105.2 IP, 94 H, 56 R, 49 ER, 17 HR, 52 BB, 116 K)
    RHP Edward Mujica: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
    RHP Braden Bristo: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
    RHP Luke Bard: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K
    His debut for the Yankees organization. The 31-year-old pitched to a 1.93 ERA and 8/7 K/BB ratio over 14 innings for the Tampa Bay Rays earlier this season.

Somerset Patriots (63-39; 18-14 in the second half) (Defeated Hartford, 3-1)

SS Anthony Volpe: 2-for-4, RBI, CS (6)
    Volpe earned three walks on Sunday and follows it up with a pair of hits tonight.
    LF Elijah Dunham: 1-for-3, BB, CS (5)
    Good to see him back in the lineup (he ended up not missing much time at all)
    C Austin Wells: 0-for-3, BB
    3B Andres Chaparro: 0-for-3, BB, SB (1)
    Stealing bases is not Chaparro’s thing. He is now 10-for-20 in his career.
    CF Brandon Lockridge: 0-for-3, K
    RF Jeisson Rosario: 1-for-3, HR (7), RBI, RS, K
    7th HR in 79 games this year. He hit ten in 387 games prior to 2022.
    2B Jesus Bastidas: 2-for-3, RS
    The red-hot Bastidas is 10-for-24 in August with a pair of doubles and home runs. He hit .286/.371/.468 in July. In June, he didn’t hit for average (.200) but compiled a .463 SLG.
    1B Mickey Gasper: 1-for-2, BB, K
    DH Eric Wagaman: 1-for-3, HR (1), RBI, RS
    That is how you make an impression in your Double-A debut.

RHP Randy Vasquez: 5.2 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
    3.99 ERA (88 IP, 79 H, 44 R, 39 ER, 9 HR, 34 BB, 91 K). How likely is he to be protected, if not traded? I would place him high on the list – I can’t imagine him surviving the draft.
    RHP Aaron McGarity: (W, 2-0) 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K
    Amongst those strikeouts was a K to finish off the 6th, preventing a pair of inherited runners from scoring.
    LHP Matt Minnick: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K
    RHP Carson Coleman (S, 10): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K

Hudson Valley Renegades (55-47; 21-15 in the second half) (Defeated Aberdeen, 3-2)

SS Trey Sweeney: 1-for-4, 2 K
    CF Jasson Dominguez: 0-for-3, BB
    7-for-24 with six walks (.452 OBP) in August.
    C Anthony Seigler: 0-for-4, 2 K
    3B Tyler Hardman: 2-for-4, HR (15), RBI, RS, 2 K
    7-for-21 with a pair of home runs and five walks to begin August. I was a tad surprised he wasn’t sent to Somerset today, but they have their reasons.
    1B T.J. Rumfield: 0-for-4, 2 K
    RF Grant Richardson: 1-for-3, HR (4; 10th overall), RBI, RS
    Richardson breaks up a little 0-for-13 entering tonight. He has three doubles and four home runs in 13 games since his promotion (.556 SLG)
    DH Spencer Henson: 1-for-3, HR (9), RBI, RS
    Henson’s third HR in his last nine games.
    LF Pat DeMarco: 1-for-3, K
    2B Eduardo Torrealba: 1-for-3

RHP Yoendrys Gomez: 4.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K
    1.84 ERA (22 IP, 13 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 HR, 6 BB, 21 K). This is his longest outing of 2022.
    RHP Shawn Semple: (W, 2-0) 3 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
    Semple’s rehab continues.
    RHP Carlos Gomez (S, 2): 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K

Tampa Tarpons (49-52; 22-13 in the second half) (Lost to Dunedin, 9-1)

DH Spencer Jones: 0-for-4, 2 K
    Gets his feet wet at a full-season level. The hits and home runs will come.
    SS Alexander Vargas: 0-for-4, 2 K
    3B Marcos Cabrera: 1-for-3, K, CS (6)
    First game since 7/17. I am not sure why he was away.
    3B Luis Santos: 0-for-1
    CF Madison Santos: 0-for-2, 2 BB, 2 K
    C Ben Rice: 1-for-3
    LF Christopher Familia: 0-for-2, RS, BB, K
    RF Raimfer Salinas: 1-for-3, RBI, K
    1B Connor Cannon: 0-for-3, K
    2B Roberto Chirinos: 1-for-3, K

RHP Tyrone Yulie: (L, 3-4) 4 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 5 BB, 1 K
    RHP Bailey Dees: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 2 K
    3.61 ERA (42.1 IP, 30 H, 21 R, 17 ER, 3 HR, 22 BB, 55 K)
    RHP Nick Paciorek: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 1 K
    First appearance back from his rehab stint.
    RHP Enrique Santana: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K

FCL Yankees (30-13) (Lost to the Phillies, 4-3, in the completion of a suspended game. The second game, which is tied 1-1, was suspended itself and will be completed on 8/11…they hope)

Notes from the completed game only:

DH Felix Negueis went 2-for-4 with an RBI and run scored…2B Osmany Fleitas also went 2-for-4 with an RBI and a run scored. One of his two hits was a double. The 20-year-old has appeared in only seven games…RHP Alfred Vega pitched well, going 3.1 hitless innings. He allowed one unearned run while walking nobody and striking out four…RHP Montana Semmel was stretched out today. He pitched 3.1 scoreless innings, allowing three hits and no walks. He struck out one. The 36th round pick in 2019 had some hype attached to him until the dreaded injury bug hit.

DSL Bombers (24-24) and DSL Yankees (22-25)

Both teams lost today. Unless something notable happens here, I am not going to do much reporting.

Yea Roderick is insane, Dominguez is insane as well I see all these dumb posters Like Bobby milone post to trade him which makes no sense to me at all. Outfielders are getting crowded now, with judge going to most likely be here long term, you have ep, flo if given a chance, dom and mayea, Dunham and jones and hall. I still hated losing alcantara and he looks great for the cubs right now. Mayea is literally mookie betts almost identical players. All 3 of Roderick, mayea and Dominguez are basically generational. It’s scary how good they can be.
    Alcantara, you and me both bro. The 2 guys I hated seeing traded last yr were Alcantara and Roansy

I've heard and read Mayea is expected to be an Andruw Jones type elite CF. That defensively he'll be one of the best CFers in the MILB( range, routes, closing speed and arm are all 70 grade or better) the minute he signs, but I don't know much about him offensively other than he produces 110MPH exit velos. If he can hit like Mookie and play defense like Jones, that's litterally an insane tools package and the 5.2 m signing bonus is fitting

One of my buddies was at the pre draft workouts and say S Jones and said that athletically they didn't have a comp. He said size wise he was somewhere in between Judge and Gallo, but his athleticism was "insane". If they can shorten his swing and fix some of the swing and miss, he could be generational also.

It's going to be exciting to see the next couple yrs to see how they all develop. It will be crazy how good the MLB club could be.

So in 24 is it the SS/3b or the C that they are after, I've heard both.

Alcantara, you and me both bro. The 2 guys I hated seeing traded last yr were Alcantara and Roansy

I've heard and read Mayea is expected to be an Andruw Jones type elite CF. That defensively he'll be one of the best CFers in the MILB( range, routes, closing speed and arm are all 70 grade or better) the minute he signs, but I don't know much about him offensively other than he produces 110MPH exit velos. If he can hit like Mookie and play defense like Jones, that's litterally an insane tools package and the 5.2 m signing bonus is fitting

One of my buddies was at the pre draft workouts and say S Jones and said that athletically they didn't have a comp. He said size wise he was somewhere in between Judge and Gallo, but his athleticism was "insane". If they can shorten his swing and fix some of the swing and miss, he could be generational also.

It's going to be exciting to see the next couple yrs to see how they all develop. It will be crazy how good the MLB club could be.

So in 24 is it the SS/3b or the C that they are after, I've heard both.
    I haven’t heard of any catcher in that class. They are locked in on the SS I’m sure we’re talking about the same one but the big signing would be a top 5 player in the class and he’s a CF. A lot like EP just faster. Which is a nice player! Unsure if he signs with us yet cause there’s a lot of teams on him. The Mets are said to have the top 24 kid locked up.

I think it’s fairly easy to see why someone would say to trade them for a legit star. When was the last top IFA signing that panned out for the Yankees? Sanchez? I’d say he was a good investment but even he was a disappointment. The Yankees beat IFAs have been the guys who sign cheap and come out of no where like Severino and Cano.

By your own admission the OF is over crowded. Judge isn't going anywhere and Flo is waiting patiently for his opportunity. You can't keep them all, can you? Sometimes the spects real value is in their trade value. It's a nice problem to have.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    By your own admission the OF is over crowded. Judge isn't going anywhere and Flo is waiting patiently for his opportunity. You can't keep them all, can you? Sometimes the spects real value is in their trade value. It's a nice problem to have.
    Right but you have to pick which ones make the most sense. That’s hard tbh, for me it’s probably judge, jones, Dominguez and mayea.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I think it’s fairly easy to see why someone would say to trade them for a legit star. When was the last top IFA signing that panned out for the Yankees? Sanchez? I’d say he was a good investment but even he was a disappointment. The Yankees beat IFAs have been the guys who sign cheap and come out of no where like Severino and Cano.
    Sanchez was not bad and he had to learn like 3 different catching coaches stances in 3 straight years. They messed with him big time. He’s also not rated as highly as Roderick, dom or mayea.

Sanchez was not bad and he had to learn like 3 different catching coaches stances in 3 straight years. They messed with him big time. He’s also not rated as highly as Roderick, dom or mayea.
    Does it matter if they are rated as highly? The Yankees have hardly produced any impact talent from their system the last 20 years. The fact of the matter is, the majority of these guys won’t even make it past AA. Even more won’t become big leaguers. Even more than that they won’t become good big leaguers. The Yankees have had a lot of top rated players from other countries over the years and nothing to show for it. Most of them flame out very very early.