Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 117 of 170 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2548
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I think this is how teams like the Montreal Canadiens were so successful before a draft was instituted? Didn't they find the kids in Canada before any of the other scouts could get their hands on them?
    I remember hearing something like that but don't know that for sure. What i do know is if Dom, Arias and Mayea end up anywhere close to their ceilings we'll be in very, very good shape.

I read a Mookie Betts comp for Mayea, if that accurate i can see why the Yanks are going to give him close to 5m.
    KB, do you think that is a good comp for Mayea? Tools wise from what i've read, it would seem to be about right. Smaller frame with very loud tools and surprising power?

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I remember hearing something like that but don't know that for sure. What i do know is if Dom, Arias and Mayea end up anywhere close to their ceilings we'll be in very, very good shape.

I read a Mookie Betts comp for Mayea, if that accurate i can see why the Yanks are going to give him close to 5m.
    KB, do you think that is a good comp for Mayea? Tools wise from what i've read, it would seem to be about right. Smaller frame with very loud tools and surprising power?
    I read the same Mookie Betts comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fishman released his top 50. His top 10 is the best i've seen so far
    1 Volpe 11. Sweeney 21 Brock Selvidge
    2 Peraza 12 Pereira 22 Ridings
    3 Dom 13 Vasquez 23 Lockridge
    4 Gil 14 Gomez 24 Marinaccio
    5 Medina 15 Way 25 Chaparro
    6 Arias 16 Vargas 26 Dunham
    7 Schmidt 17 Flo 27 Wesneski
    8 Wells 18 Brendan Beck 28 Breaux
    9 Cabrera 19 Gomez 29 Spears
    10 Waldichuk 20 A Garcia 30 Green
    Last edited by dayners81; 01-21-2022 at 11:06 PM.

Mayea hanging out with Hans Montero, Gary and another Yanks farm hand. That he's working out and posting pics with other Yanks is a pretty good sign where he's going to end up https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJkBtlHX...g&name=900x900

I was told, hopefully KB can weigh in on this, that Mayea only wants to be a Yankee since the first day he was approached by teams. He's actually eligible to sign later this yr because he turns 17 by Sept. I was told that if a draft is implemented he would likely take whatever we can give him and sign this yr vs going into a possible draft and no longer being able to control where he was going

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I read the same Mookie Betts comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL, i just realized where i read that. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Lucas
    @DBITLefty
    All 11 of Randy Vasquez's strikeouts yesterday. Since his promotion to Hudson Valley, he has a 2.74 ERA over 23 innings, with 38 strikeouts and only 5 walks.

(Also, he's now struck out 8 in his first game with the team, 9 in his second, 10 in his third, and 11 in his fourth)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1424751425511374861
    He has filthy movement and Sevy's follow-through.

Mayea hanging out with Hans Montero, Gary and another Yanks farm hand. That he's working out and posting pics with other Yanks is a pretty good sign where he's going to end up https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJkBtlHX...g&name=900x900

I was told, hopefully KB can weigh in on this, that Mayea only wants to be a Yankee since the first day he was approached by teams. He's actually eligible to sign later this yr because he turns 17 by Sept. I was told that if a draft is implemented he would likely take whatever we can give him and sign this yr vs going into a possible draft and no longer being able to control where he was going
    This would be the best of both worlds for us.

Eli Fishman
    @elijfishman
    ·
    16h
    Updated New York Yankees 2022 International Signing's, per
    @JesseSanchezMLB

Roderick Arias, SS, Dominican Republic, $4M
    Engelth Urena, C, Dominican Republic, $275K
    Louis Pierre, CF, Haiti, $150K
    Omar Gonzalez, RHS, Panama, $135K
    Christian Zazueta, RHS, Mexico -- $110K

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Eli Fishman
    @elijfishman
    ·
    16h
    Updated New York Yankees 2022 International Signing's, per
    @JesseSanchezMLB

Roderick Arias, SS, Dominican Republic, $4M
    Engelth Urena, C, Dominican Republic, $275K
    Louis Pierre, CF, Haiti, $150K
    Omar Gonzalez, RHS, Panama, $135K
    Christian Zazueta, RHS, Mexico -- $110K
    I am curious about Louis Pierre. I can't find anything on him.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am curious about Louis Pierre. I can't find anything on him.
    I asked, he's a very, very raw, very toolsy kid that they found pretty late in the process. He's got the very raw talent they like but desperately needs some higher level coaching. He's a CFer now but could end up anywhere.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I asked, he's a very, very raw, very toolsy kid that they found pretty late in the process. He's got the very raw talent they like but desperately needs some higher level coaching. He's a CFer now but could end up anywhere.
    Makes sense. I got the impression he would be super fast with a great arm.

Ignorance is bliss

I thought i saw he had 70 or better speed and right now his defense is way ahead of his other parts of his game.

They must like him quite a bit to give him that big of bonus considering what they had left after Arias.

Didnt Flo come from Haiti? Maybe the scouting group that found Flo, found this kid?

Ive read some very good things about Urena, he was expected to get a bigger bonus than what we gave him.

I cant argue with their plans to go and spend the majority of their alotments on the top specs like Dom, Arias and Mayea but thats putting alot of eggs in 1 basket.

If you look back, we've done much better with kid who don't get huge bonuses. Peraza got less than 200k, Medina i think got 225k, Cabrera wasnt a huge bonus guy either. I think trying to guess what kids are going to be at 15-16 and projecting them out 5plus yrs has to be incredibly difficult. If i rember correctly Tatis got less than a 100k from the White Soxs and then they traded him as a throw in from James Schields

Urena - HUGE BAT. Hit and power. Immediate impact.

Pierre - Premium position player, loud tools, similar case to Florial.

Cruz - not a 2022 by couple days, as young as you can be. Athletic, huge frame and ceiling.

Gonzalez - Panamá 18u pitcher of the year, young, peaking quick, stuff, pitchability.

D Hernandez - Good arm, good pop times, bat over defense at the moment, VG tools package

Tejada - Super Athlete SS, elite running time, needs development, very good upside

I’ll put this here again

This is worth a look https://twitter.com/i/status/1489318123996131332 Antonio Gomez working behind the plate. Check out the pop times WOW

This is worth a look https://twitter.com/i/status/1489318123996131332 Antonio Gomez working behind the plate. Check out the pop times WOW
    But can he block the ball

Gary has a cannon and actually has a good pop time but that man cannot block a ball. I find it odd and interesting that he is really good at one aspect of his position and really not good at the other.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg