Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 216 of 216 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3240
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    There is a much bigger back story to King, but if your putting info out there for people and you want them to take u seriously, then they should have their facts a little more solid. Unlike King reported, Mayea is RH, not LHed.

As I said above, Mayea and everyone ranked 3-9 on the MLB list are given 55 future values, so it just comes down to who like who more.

As far as Adam King goes, I don't trust the source. I said for me, so yes that is an opinion. King put this out within a hr of our network releasing our Mayea video. They have a multi yr history of not getting a long
    Thanks for the explanation, appreciated.

Sell the Team, HAL!

As far as the 40-man roster goes, they have three spots left and a bunch of guys they need to protect. I do find it interesting that they protected Jimmy Cordero and Matt Krook. I expected Jhonny Brito since he is rule V eligible, major league close, and could probably help a team in 2023. I'll be interested to see what happens to Sean Boyle, as he has proven everything there is to prove in the minors and is eligible for the rule V draft. I think Jimmy Cordero was added because he has trade value and the Yankees wanted to keep him under control as a result. They are not likely to need him in the bullpen, especially if they sign someone this offseason. I am more puzzled by the Matt Krook addition, especially with that walk rate. He must have very good analytics behind him.

Mitch Spence, Josh Breaux, Zach Greene, Sean Boyle, and Chad Bell in Triple-A are all eligible. The only one I think has a real chance to be protected is Spence and an outside chance at Boyle.

Matt Sauer, Randy Vasquez, and Andres Chaparro in Double-A are all eligible. I'd say all three have a chance to be protected, but none are guarantees.

Anthony Seigler is eligible in High-A. I doubt he will be protected.

If I was GM, I'd protect Spence, Sauer, Vasquez, and Chaparro, while dropping Deivi Garcia off the 40-man roster. Spence is the one guy I'm on the fence about, because his stuff seems to be more of a 5th starter/middle reliever type, which the Yankees really don't need and won't miss. I could see them protecting Breaux, Greene, or Boyle ahead of him.

Tyler Hardman was probably the second best hitter in the AFL this season. The best was probably Edouard Julien, a Texas Rangers 2B prospect who lead the league in OPS, SLG, and OBP for those with more than 20 games. Hardman tied the league lead in homeruns with one other player, and was second in OPS and SLG. As a third baseman who finished the season in Double-A, Hardman could be the heir apparent at 3B when Josh Donaldson leaves if he has a big season in 2023. My guess is he and Andres Chaparro will be on the short list of players to replace him if they choose to go with a prospect. There's always the chance the Yankees would rather open up their wallets and buy a third baseman when Donaldson leaves.

T.J. Rumfield also had a nice season in the AFL, though his power still seems to be missing. This wouldn't be such a big problem except for the fact that he is a first baseman. He his .400/.477/.582/1.059 with seven doubles and a homerun in 17 games. His slugging percentage was much higher in the AFL than during the season though, so this is something to watch going forward. At 6-foot-5 with his contact skills, I wouldn't be surprised if some changes in his launch angle produced big gains in power. At 225-pounds he has plenty of room to fill out still too. He's definitely someone to watch in 2023. He finished the season in High-A in 2022.

Jasson Dominguez did not perform well in the AFL. I attribute this to fatigue more than anything. 2022 was his first full season, and he played 120 games! He played another 20 games in the AFL. He could definitely use a break, but I'm also glad he had the opportunity to get more experience and more at bats in the AFL. The poor performance is meaningless for him.

Baseball America released their top 10 Yankees prospects recently. The two biggest surprised to me were that Everson Pereira was #4, and Florial #10. Pereira definitely belongs in the top 10, but four is really high. BA is in love with his power potential. It's nice to have both he and Dominguez in Double-A already, both of whom could replace Bader in CF in 2024 if they perform well enough this season.

Florial would be a dark horse candidate to be that guy. Firstly, he'd have to not get traded this offseason. Then he'd have to make the 25-man roster in 2023 out of ST. Then he'd have to keep his spot on the team and perform well enough to become the starter in 2024. Apparently he was placed on the list by BA because many other teams have interest in him. It would be nice if the Yankees could get something good in return for Florial. Either something that helps the major league team, or a younger prospect with lots of potential who has more time left on their rule 5 clock.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    My lord. Guys goes away for a while and now he can't shut up!

Awesome stuff Phoba!! Thanks as always

Ignorance is bliss

Hidden Gem Propsects

https://youtu.be/Q1BUQOCShmk

Sell the Team, HAL!

This just posted on the internet:

A big day for Jesus Bastidas.

The New York Yankees prospect has been named a 2022 Rawlings Gold Glove Award Winner.

BUY MLB TICKETS: STUBHUB, VIVID SEATS, TICKETSMARTER, TICKETMASTER

Bastidas was signed as amateur free agent out of Venezuela in 2015. This season, he played second base for the Double-A Somerset Patriots.

More on Bastidas, per a Patriots press release:

Bastidas had a .973 fielding percentage in 795 innings played over 92 games at second base. He handled 369 total chances, recorded 131 putouts, collected 228 assists and made just 10 errors. In addition, Bastidas was involved in 54 double plays at the position.

The 24-year-old also had a career year offensively in 2022 for Somerset to help lead the team to their first Eastern League Championship as a New York Yankees affiliate. Bastidas set new career highs in home runs (18), runs (56), RBIs (55), walks (38), total bases (169), hits (95) and doubles (18).

9. 11-23-2022, 10:52 PM
    Reason
    duplicate

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    @NYY_Prospects
    ·
    12h
    2B Jesus Bastidas was awarded a MiLB Gold Glove by Rawlings yesterday.

He is the first Yankees prospect to win one since RHP Adam Warren in 2012.

Current Yankees catcher Jose Trevino, notably, won two in 2016 and 2017 in the Rangers’ organization.
    Oh sheeeeeet! Those are fighting words.

Read the post above yours.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Oh sheeeeeet! Those are fighting words.

Read the post above yours.
    Some people ignore what others say and just want to hear themselves talk. LOL. Just kidding Day.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Some people ignore what others say and just want to hear themselves talk. LOL. Just kidding Day.
    LOL, my bad bud

LOL, my bad bud
    NP. Keep bringing it.

I got a couple smaller spec updates this morning.

Arias's tool grade are absolutely insane. Power is a 55, hit tool is a 60, glove is a 65 and his arm and speed grade are both now 70 or better..For context those are better overall grades than any of the top 5 overall specs. Not in our system, overall top 5

Can't put a huge amount of stick in that, because we hasn't been stateside yet..

Surprisingly, thats not the exciting news. Kiener Delgado is a big time name to watch. He's a smaller MINF, but they think this kid 18yrs old, has a chance to be Altuve 2.0. The grade aren't on par with Arias, but they think this kid is going to destroy the FCL/A ball next yr. Don't be surprised if he's a top 5 spec in our system this time next yr
    NYYNEW-TV Prospect Analyst https://www.youtube.com/@NyynewsTV
    come check us out

I got a couple smaller spec updates this morning.

Arias's tool grade are absolutely insane. Power is a 55, hit tool is a 60, glove is a 65 and his arm and speed grade are both now 70 or better..For context those are better overall grades than any of the top 5 overall specs. Not in our system, overall top 5

Can't put a huge amount of stick in that, because we hasn't been stateside yet..

Surprisingly, thats not the exciting news. Kiener Delgado is a big time name to watch. He's a smaller MINF, but they think this kid 18yrs old, has a chance to be Altuve 2.0. The grade aren't on par with Arias, but they think this kid is going to destroy the FCL/A ball next yr. Don't be surprised if he's a top 5 spec in our system this time next yr
    I've read about Keiner too. Very exciting!

great article on Yanks tp pitching spec, Will Warren
    https://www.nj.com/yankees/2022/12/w...ecial-q-a.html
    NYYNEW-TV Prospect Analyst https://www.youtube.com/@NyynewsTV
    come check us out