Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 193 of 211 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,895 of 3154
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Flo hasn't been in the lineup since the 9th.

Is there anything to that? I don't see anywhere that he's injured.

Jones killing it in his first low A game. You have to believe if he bats 400+ in his first 6-7 games, they will send him to high A
    I noticed that too. Something to keep an eye on

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Yankees signed a UDFA named Rafael Flores out of a college in California. He is 21-years-old. He's 6-foot-4, is a catcher, and hits righty. He hit .380 with 9 homeruns, 12 doubles, 2 triples, and just 19 strikeouts in 39 games this season. Today he went 2/4 with a homerun and a single and no strikeouts in his minor league debut. I am intrigued by his profile, though I watched a video of him and he doesn't look all that athletic. He has a stiff swing with almost no lower body movement, looks slow, and looks like he has a slow transition. That said, he still hit the crap out of the ball in college despite all of those things. Perhaps the Yankees can turn him into something more with good coaching. If they can get him using his legs more in his swing, maybe he can get to more power which is already pretty good.
    You could be describing A tall version of Toronto's Kirk, and that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Flo hasn't been in the lineup since the 9th.

Is there anything to that? I don't see anywhere that he's injured.

Jones killing it in his first low A game. You have to believe if he bats 400+ in his first 6-7 games, they will send him to high A
    I was wonder that about Flo as well.

Jones looks like a college kid playing against HS pitchers in low A. From what I thought I thought the contact skills we're far less developed than what we've seen so far and the swing isn't close to as long as i thought either.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1557896200657010693
    That was his HR last night, direct bat path and he didn't even turn on it, just good, hard contact.

He's far more advanced than Sweeney was at the same point last yr. If he can identify and hit advanced off speed stuff, I don't think he's going to be a level a yr type guy like Judge was. We'll see what happens in AA, but I think he could be an option late 24?

Holy shite. Gomez with an in game pop time under 1.8, thats incrediblehttps://twitter.com/i/status/1558144141313310724

He's an unreal defender and the bat has definitely started to come around

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Holy shite. Gomez with an in game pop time under 1.8, thats incrediblehttps://twitter.com/i/status/1558144141313310724

He's an unreal defender and the bat has definitely started to come around
    Awesome. Can't wait until next year when Cashman trades him for a hand full of magic beans.

Please nobody post this out of here but Yankees are projected to sign the top kid in 2025 SS wandy asigen.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    Please nobody post this out of here but Yankees are projected to sign the top kid in 2025 SS wandy asigen.
    KB, appreciate all your contributions. They are invaluable. I feel certain the entire forum shares my thought.

However if you don't want it getting out don't post it here, far too many lurkers and others peeking. Please delete if it is sensitive info that shouldn't be made public.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Nice. Considering all the Yanks gear he wears working out, I'd say your info ( as always ) is pretty good.

They Yanks have been making a strong effort for the last few yrs to sign and draft up the middle switch or LH hitters, finally. Volpe and Mayea being the exceptions, being RHed

Not a bad development strategy. Sign and develop high ceiling kids up the middle and pitching. Those kids are the easiest to be able to switch to other positions or play multiple positions well. Plus, good up the middle players and pitching always have huge value on the trade market.

It's going to be a lot of fun in a few yrs to see where guys like Peraza, Cabrera, Flo, Vargas, Sweeney, Volpe, Dom, Pereira, Arias, the Monteros, Jones, Mayea ect end up turning out and what positions they will end up playing

Hey KB, what do you know about Dayro Perez. I keep hearing really good things about him, his tools and performance so far. Is he just a bit of an older kid playing well against younger kids in the FCL or a legit spec? I guess he's not much older (19) than his competition in the FCL

Nice. Considering all the Yanks gear he wears working out, I'd say your info ( as always ) is pretty good.

They Yanks have been making a strong effort for the last few yrs to sign and draft up the middle switch or LH hitters, finally. Volpe and Mayea being the exceptions, being RHed

Not a bad development strategy. Sign and develop high ceiling kids up the middle and pitching. Those kids are the easiest to be able to switch to other positions or play multiple positions well. Plus, good up the middle players and pitching always have huge value on the trade market.

It's going to be a lot of fun in a few yrs to see where guys like Peraza, Cabrera, Flo, Vargas, Sweeney, Volpe, Dom, Pereira, Arias, the Monteros, Jones, Mayea ect end up turning out and what positions they will end up playing

Hey KB, what do you know about Dayro Perez. I keep hearing really good things about him, his tools and performance so far. Is he just a bit of an older kid playing well against younger kids in the FCL or a legit spec? I guess he's not much older (19) than his competition in the FCL
    Asigen is a lefty that compares a lot to Roderick, said to be a better defender. Word is he would be a better defender then Peraza. So there’s that. Still trying to find out 24 might be the most difficult class so far.

Asigen is a lefty that compares a lot to Roderick, said to be a better defender. Word is he would be a better defender then Peraza. So there’s that. Still trying to find out 24 might be the most difficult class so far.
    Better defensively than Arias and Peraza? I've only seen Arias defensive highlight and read/heard reports and thats always come back as very, very good. Peraza is about as good defensively as any young SS I've ever seen. It's as natural of a SS as i've seen played in a very long time.

I realize they play different positions but overall defense Mayea or Asigen??

Scranton Railriders (57-51) (Lost to Worcester, 14-5)

CF Estevan Florial: 1-for-3, 3B (2), 2 RS, 2 BB, K
    .284/.363/.491 in 387 PA. Whatever you want to say about the kid’s prospect status, you can’t deny he has put together a fantastic season.
    2B Oswaldo Cabrera: 2-for-5, 2 RBI
    17-game on-base streak (at least one hit in 16 of those games). During the streak: 24-for-64 (.375) with ten walks. In addition, he has three doubles, four home runs, and is 8-for-10 stealing bases during the streak.
    SS Oswald Peraza: 1-for-4, 2 RS, BB, K, SB (27)
    7-for-27 in August with five runs scored and a pair of stolen bases.
    C Ben Rortvedt: 2-for-5, 2B (3), RBI, K
    Keep it up, Ben!
    RF Blake Perkins: 1-for-5, RBI, K
    3B Armando Alvarez: 1-for-5, 2B (12), RBI, K
    Alvarez has five doubles in his last six games.
    LF Tyler Wade: 1-for-2, BB, CS (1)
    LF Phillip Evans: 0-for-0, BB
    1B Chad Bell: 1-for-3, RS
    DH Max McDowell: 0-for-4, 2 K

RHP Sean BoyleL, 0-1) 3.1 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 3 K, 2 HR
    Boyle, promoted after an insane hot streak with Somerset, has a tough first outing with Scranton. He was “due” for an off night. Go get them next time!
    RHP Edward Mujica: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, HR
    RHP Shane Greene: 1 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
    RHP Luke Bard: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 2 HR
    RHP Zach Greene: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K
    3.86 ERA (49 IP, 40 H, 22 R, 21 ER, 7 HR, 24 BB, 69 K)

Somerset Patriots (65-40; 20-15 in the second half) (Defeated Hartford, 7-3)

SS Anthony Volpe: 2-for-4, SB (39)
    Volpe has a mini 4-game hitting streak going. This is the most SB in the system since Jorge Mateo stole 39 before being traded in 2017. You have to go back to 2015 to find a player who stole more (Mateo and Abiatal Avelino)
    CF Everson Pereira: 1-for-4, RBI, RS
    Pereira’s first game since 7/30. A stir was caused when he was pulled out of the game that day.
    C Austin Wells: 0-for-3, RS, BB
    LF Elijah Dunham: 2-for-4, RS, 2 K
    10-game hitting streak (13-for-35)
    3B Andres Chaparro: 3-for-4, 2B (7), HR (9), 3 RBI, 2 RS
    Chaparro is at .265/.346/.515 in 153 PA at this level. Nice!
    RF Jeisson Rosario: 1-for-4, RS
    12-for-37 in August.
    1B Mickey Gasper: 1-for-4, RBI, RS
    DH Rodolfo Duran: 1-for-4, RBI
    2B Max Burt: 1-for-4

RHP Deivi Garcia: (W, 1-0) 5 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 10 K
    Garcia has had two strong starts out of four since coming back. We are allowed to be cautiously optimistic, right? This is his last option year so he could build up value for a trade over the winter if they don’t plan to use him in MLB in 2023. Regardless, first things first: Keep this up!
    RHP Nick Ernst: 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K
    RHP Carson Coleman: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K

Hudson Valley Renegades (56-49; 22-17 in the second half) (Lost to Aberdeen, 10-0)

SS Trey Sweeney: 0-for-3, HBP, K
    CF Jasson Dominguez: 1-for-2, 2 BB
    Dominguez has drawn at least one walk in five straight games and has reached base 13 times in his last five games. Since his promotion, he is at .279/.410/.441. Nice.

3B Tyler Hardman: 0-for-4, K
    DH Anthony Seigler: 0-for-3, BB, K
    BB/K ratio watch: 71/64 overall and 46/46 since his promotion.
    1B Spencer Henson: 1-for-4, K
    LF Grant Richardson: 0-for-4, 4 K
    C Carlos Narvaez: 1-for-3
    RF Aldenis Sanchez: 0-for-2, HBP, K
    2B Eduardo Torrealba: 1-for-3

RHP Josue Panacual: (L, 2-5) 5.1 IP, 7 H, 7 R, 6 ER, 3 BB, 6 K, HR
    RHP Jhonatan Munoz: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
    RHP Kevin Milam: 1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
    RHP Charlie Ruegger: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K

Tampa Tarpons (50-54; 23-15 in the second half) (Lost to Dunedin, 7-2)

2B Brett Barrera: 0-for-5, 2 K
    RF Tayler Aguilar: 0-for-5, 3 K
    C Antonio Gomez: 2-for-3, 2B (8), RS, BB, CS (3)
    16-game hitting streak (23-for-61 (.377)). He has doubled in three straight games, so the power game could be showing up now as well.

DH Ben Rice: 1-for-3, RS, BB, K
    CF Madison Santos: 1-for-3, 2 RBI, BB, K, CS (2)
    .233/.395/.367 (7-for-30) in August.
    3B Luis Santos: 1-for-3, 2 RBI, BB K
    LF Kyle Battle: 0-for-2, 2 HBP, 3 SB (16)
    This is my kind of player – hit by a pitch in his first two plate appearances, promptly steals three bases.
    SS Roberto Chirinos: 0-for-4, 2 K
    1B Connor Cannon: 1-for-3, BB, K

RHP Zach Messinger: (L, 0-7) 4.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 6 K, HR
    RHP Enrique Santana: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 0 K
    RHP Nick Paciorek: 0.2 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 0 BB, 1 K
    RHP Bailey Dees: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K
    3.45 ERA (44.1 IP, 31 H, 21 R, 17 ER, 3 HR, 22 BB, 57 K)

FCL Yankees (33-13) (Defeated the Blue Jays, 6-2)

Newly-signed undrafted free agent Jackson Lyon drove home a pair with his first professional hit, a double. Lyon, an outfielder, went to Cal State – Fullerton, where he posted a .328/.399/.519 triple slash over 214 plate appearances this season…C Agustin Ramirez (who DH’d today) contributed his 13th double of the season. He scored a pair of runs and is now hitting .303/.377/.517 in 37 games. The 20-year-old is repeating the level so one has to expect him in Tampa for the 2023 campaign…Fellow catcher Omar Martinez contributed a pair of hits and runs scored and is up to .310/.438/.534 in 17 games. The 21-year-old is a left-handed bat…SS Brenny Escanio singled, drove home a run, drew a walk, and stole three bases.

RHP Yorlin Calderon: 3.2 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
    RHP Luis Arejula: 3.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K
    The 20-year-old has a 2.84 ERA and 16/2 K/BB ratio over 12.2 IP
    RHP Manny Ramirez: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 3 K
    RHP Montana Semmel: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K

DSL Bombers (24-27) and DSL Yankees (24-26)

The Bombers lost 13-4 while the Yankees won, 9-4.

Super prospect Roderick Arias drew two walks, stole two bases, and scored two runs…CF Ramiro Altagracia (18) drove home five runs. He stole his 15th base of the year…LF John Cruz clubbed his fifth home run of the season. The 16-year-old (my goodness) has a typically weird DSL line: .211/.403/.381 in 196 plate appearances…

Better defensively than Arias and Peraza? I've only seen Arias defensive highlight and read/heard reports and thats always come back as very, very good. Peraza is about as good defensively as any young SS I've ever seen. It's as natural of a SS as i've seen played in a very long time.

I realize they play different positions but overall defense Mayea or Asigen??
    Everything I’ve heard is Asigen is a generational defensive SS with a good bad. So Asigen would probably be better, I spoke to kids that are signing with mayea and they say he’s the best player they’ve ever seen even better then arias. I asked a kid who’s in the class next year who was better and he said mayea has a chance to be one of the best players in the world. Hes worked out with all 3 of them he ranked them Mayea, Asigen and then Arias and he said arias is generational. So that tells you something.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    He is not batting .333, but he is performing very well.
    Sorry, i meant to say for the month of August in high A.

Volpe and Peraza are the only two Yankees farmhands who appeared on Baseball America’s most recent ranking of the league’s top 100 prospects. Dominguez checks in fifth in the New York system, per BA. The highest-profile player in the 2019-20 international amateur class, the switch-hitting Dominguez has big power potential but is now seen by many evaluators as likely to eventually move to a corner outfield position. He’s impressed offensively during his first full season at an affiliate, however, hitting .265/.373/.440 with nine homers and 19 stolen bases over 324 plate appearances in Low-A before being bumped up to High-A last month. MLBTR

Sell the Team, HAL!

Everything I’ve heard is Asigen is a generational defensive SS with a good bad. So Asigen would probably be better, I spoke to kids that are signing with mayea and they say he’s the best player they’ve ever seen even better then arias. I asked a kid who’s in the class next year who was better and he said mayea has a chance to be one of the best players in the world. Hes worked out with all 3 of them he ranked them Mayea, Asigen and then Arias and he said arias is generational. So that tells you something.
    This is exciting to hear. We need to keep piling them up now because one of these days they will agree on an International Draft.