Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 214 of 217 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3248
    If all Cabrera becomes is the player we have seen for the last month plus, im completely fine with that outcome.
    We've already seen the elite defense at multiple positions and how valuable that alone is. He makes alot off good, hard contact and brings more value with his base running and speed. We'll see even more of that next yr with pitch clock.

Wells and Ford are nothing a like other than being LHed. Wells is a very natural, pure hitter. Ford is a swing and miss slugger.

I'll gladly take what Peraza is right now over IKF. Again, SSS, but if he performs anything like We've seen so far, he's already the better player. IKF s biggest issue is the lack of XBH and no power. If he had 20hr and 30 stole bags to go alone with his current stats, that not a bad player.

I don't know what Volpe is quite yet, but i would be surprised if he wasn't much better than Mateo. The floor for Volpe is probably a very good everyday player.

The Dom/ Hicks comp scares me a bit.

Day, Cabrera has exceeded all expectations. He has been the spark they needed. I am amazed how much poise and professionalism he shows. His glove is remarkable and his versatility uncanny. He has acted and performed like a seasoned vet!

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Day, Cabrera has exceeded all expectations. He has been the spark they needed. I am amazed how much poise and professionalism he shows. His glove is remarkable and his versatility uncanny. He has acted and performed like a seasoned vet!
    He certainly never looks like the moment get to big for him. He's the kind of player everyone wants to have and develop.

I have been saying for a while now that what the Yanks needed to develop better complimentary players and that's what I see Cabrera being. He's not going to be a star player, he'll always be a fan favorite for sure, but he's a guy that going to give you solid tools across the board defensive, provide a nice bat ( especially LH) and add some value with his speed and base running.

If he doesn't get any better than what we've seen he's 2.5-4 War player consistently and I would be thrilled with that outcome.

The better news, ceiling wise, Cabrera probably has the lowest one of our top specs in AA or AAA

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    He certainly never looks like the moment get to big for him. He's the kind of player everyone wants to have and develop.

I have been saying for a while now that what the Yanks needed to develop better complimentary players and that's what I see Cabrera being. He's not going to be a star player, he'll always be a fan favorite for sure, but he's a guy that going to give you solid tools across the board defensive, provide a nice bat ( especially LH) and add some value with his speed and base running.

If he doesn't get any better than what we've seen he's 2.5-4 War player consistently and I would be thrilled with that outcome.

The better news, ceiling wise, Cabrera probably has the lowest one of our top specs in AA or AAA
    Kinda like Gardy, but maybe a bit better? Gardy was a 4.3 WAR player for his career.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

As of right now, he’s about a league average hitter with 20HR power, and basically an elite utility defender, and a switch hitter. I mean it’s hard to be mad at that

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    As of right now, he’s about a league average hitter with 20HR power, and basically an elite utility defender, and a switch hitter. I mean it’s hard to be mad at that
    exactly. I think we'll see a bit more power than that, especially playing half his games in YS. He's got 30hr power from the LH side, he's hit 29 hr's LH in about 150 games the last 2yrs between AA and AAA

He probably ends up hitting .260 20 2bs 20 SB 20HRs + with elite defense all over. That elite defensive versatility is unbelievably valuable IMO. How many times have you seen a guy go from RF to SS mid game and make plays at both ? IMO he's going to be a very valuable complimentary player for us

Now that we have developed our dream utility guy, watch Judge walk and Cash trade him and Cortez as part of a package for Ohtani , LOL

It's a very good sign that Cabrera is one of the more unheralded prospects in the system and yet has been so good in the majors.

Volpe, Peraza, Dominguez, Wells, Sweeney, and Pereira have almost universally been ranked above Cabrera since the end of last year. All of these players are in Double-A or above. I'm definitely not saying they will all be better than Cabrera, but it bodes well for the system that all of these guys are here and close to ready to contribute.

Yankees Arizona Fall League preview: Jasson Dominguez heads west
    Pinstripe Alley| 8h ago
    (Includes promotion to AA and playoffs)- Dan Kelly (@Dan_KellyPSA) September 29, 2022 Prior to August, Domínguez was still showing the swing-and-miss that many evaluators had highlighted as a crucial flaw in his game, striking out in 28 percent of his plate appearances.From August on, however, Domínguez struck out in 17.7 percent of his PA's, while walking nearly 15 percent of the time, all while facing pitchers that were on average about four years older than him.The Yankees ' regular season may be coming to an end, but out west, there's one league that's just getting started.

Sell the Team, HAL!

In the "if I didn't see it I wouldn't believe it category', a high end collector paid $474,000 for a 2020 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs Superfractor, a literal one-of-a-kind Jasson Domiguez rookie card!

Someone is gambling big time he's a future superstar.

"That's extreme interest," Ken Goldin, the marketplace's namesake founder and executive chairman, says. "That's Fernando Tatis Jr., Ronald Acuna Jr., Juan Soto interest."
    https://abc7ny.com/sports/new-york-y...worl/12293981/

Sell the Team, HAL!

Sell the Team, HAL!

Sell the Team, HAL!

Arizona Fall League Update: Week 1

Jasson Domínguez headlines the Yankee contingent currently playing ball in the Southwest.
    By Kevin Winterhalt@TheOneKevinW Oct 10, 2022, 8:00am EDT

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2022/...an-tj-rumfield

Arizona Fall League Update: Week 2

T.J. Rumfield’s big week headlines the Baby Bombers playing in the desert.
    By Kevin Winterhalt@TheOneKevinW Oct 17, 2022, 11:00am EDT

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2022/...-tyler-hardman
    Last edited by drt1010; 10-24-2022 at 11:20 AM.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Thanks Doc!
    Rumsfeld has a nice swing

Ignorance is bliss

Baseball America
    @BaseballAmerica
    ·
    4m
    Today, we unveil the @Yankees
    ' 10 best prospects entering 2022, headlined by a trio of Top 100 hitters and some promising arms.

BA : Here's how we project their (Yankee) lineup in 2026, with their 2026 ages in parentheses.

PROJECTED 2026 LINEUP

Catcher: Austin Wells (26)
    First Base: DJ LeMahieu (37)
    Second Base: Gleyber Torres (29)
    Third Base: Anthony Volpe (25)
    Shortstop: Oswald Peraza (26)
    Left Field: Jasson Dominguez (23)
    Center Field: Spencer Jones (25)
    Right Field: Aaron Judge (34)
    Designated Hitter: Giancarlo Stanton (36)

No. 1 Starter: Gerrit Cole (35)
    No. 2 Starter: Luis Severino (32)
    No. 3 Starter: Nestor Cortes (31)
    No. 4 Starter: Drew Thorpe (25)
    No. 5 Starter: Will Warren (27)
    Closer: Jonathan Loaisiga (31)

Listed below are the prospects with the best tools within the organization. To go directly to New York's Top 10, click here.

BEST TOOLS

Best Hitter for Average: Anthony Volpe
    Best Power Hitter: Austin Wells
    Best Strike-Zone Discipline: Anthony Volpe
    Fastest Baserunner: Estevan Florial
    Best Athlete: Spencer Jones
    Best Fastball: Luis Gil
    Best Curveball: Randy Vasquez
    Best Slider: Will Warren
    Best Changeup: Luis Serna
    Best Control: Jhony Brito
    Best Defensive Catcher: Antonio Gomez
    Best Defensive Infielder: Oswald Peraza
    Best Infield Arm: Oswald Peraza
    Best Defensive Outfielder: Estevan Florial
    Best Outfield Arm: Estevan Florial

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...mlb-prospects/
    Last edited by drt1010; 11-07-2022 at 12:37 PM.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Arizona Fall League Update: Week 5
    Pinstripe Alley|24m ago

https://briefly.co/anchor/New_York_Y...-update-week-5

Sell the Team, HAL!