Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 115 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2217
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Not that it would ever happen , but I just went on the baseball trade website and here's a trade:
    -Pereira 10.8, Torres 10.8, Vargas 9.8 and Volpe 59.8 for a total of 91.2 for Rutschman 89.3. Then we wouldn't have to trade Peraza and he could come up and pay SS. Sounds like a lot, but we would be getting a potential perennial All-Star catcher in his youth...or we could keep Volpe and wait for Gomez.

We have so many assets in infield, would it be worth it to trade some to secure the catcher position?
    Secure the catcher position? You certainly have my attention

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Secure the catcher position? You certainly have my attention
    I'm on board as well, all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Pereira is very similar at the plate to Gleyber Torres. I've been saying this since I saw him play and read the scouting reports on him. That can be a very good thing for him if the Yankees don't mess him up like they did Gleyber.
    I like Pereira swing a bit better, it looks simpler with a smaller load. He doesn't look like he is going to be so dependent on timing like Torres is.

What i don't get is how this kid isn't getting more attention. He was a top 10 IFA signing, and what he did last season was absolutely insane at the plate. I don't know why but what happened with him last yr always reminds me of Cano. Almost traded, then turns into a monster. Absolutely no comp as a player, just the situation.

I just hope that what we saw from him in the 2nd half last yr is just the beginning

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I like Pereira swing a bit better, it looks simpler with a smaller load. He doesn't look like he is going to be so dependent on timing like Torres is.

What i don't get is how this kid isn't getting more attention. He was a top 10 IFA signing, and what he did last season was absolutely insane at the plate. I don't know why but what happened with him last yr always reminds me of Cano. Almost traded, then turns into a monster. Absolutely no comp as a player, just the situation.

I just hope that what we saw from him in the 2nd half last yr is just the beginning
    I agree. His swing looks quieter than Torres's.

I am fine with him being under the radar!

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Not that it would ever happen , but I just went on the baseball trade website and here's a trade:
    -Pereira 10.8, Torres 10.8, Vargas 9.8 and Volpe 59.8 for a total of 91.2 for Rutschman 89.3. Then we wouldn't have to trade Peraza and he could come up and pay SS. Sounds like a lot, but we would be getting a potential perennial All-Star catcher in his youth...or we could keep Volpe and wait for Gomez.

We have so many assets in infield, would it be worth it to trade some to secure the catcher position?
    I know Rutschman is an absolute beast at the plate but i know nothing about him defensively. I just worry about trading for an extremely young catcher because they are so over valued, at least on Sims. The position is so bad around baseball that even a descent C specs is worth more than just about any other position. I also worry about giving up that much because C in general are very injury prone.

I like the idea but i'm not sure i would give up that much, then again i haven't followed that kid that much since he left college

Before i traded Volpe or Pereira I would call SD and see what it would take to get Campusano.

I do think Gomez if he can stay healthy is going to be worth waiting for, but we certainly need another stop gap till he is ready because what we have isn't good. The more i think about it, you might be onto something. Use some of our infield assets to get a good, young Catcher, i'm just not sure i'd give up that much for Rutschman

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Yulie has a sky high ceiling, especially now that he is hitting 100. He has a lot of work ahead of him to get there.

We have a nice core developing at the low levels though between, Yulie, Beck Way, Yoendrys Gomez, Juan Carela, Blas Castano, and Randy Vasquez. All of these guys need a ton of work, but they all have tremendous potential. I predict 3 of these guys will pop, though I don't know which ones yet. They will be a nice group to have behind the Wesneski, Waldichuk, Gil, Medina, and Schmidt group, and are part of the reason the Yankees were okay with trading Contreras and Yajure even though that stung
    Yulie reminds me of Medina without the elite CB, although his secondary stuff is coming along. Way has all the makings of a stud, his SL is naughty. If he ever gets his command figured out he's going to be special. I love Gomez and he could absolutely fly through the system if he could stay healthy. I think he's probably the safest bet of the group to reach his ceiling.

Vasquez seems to be a little further along than the others and the FB and CB are elite. I'm just not sure if he;s a starter long term for us. Were so deep with high ceiling arms, to get a shot at the MLB rotation these guys are really going to have to stand out.

I would add Brendan Beck and Brock Selvidge to that list. Beck has great stuff and if he adds some velo at the gas station he could be special. Selvidge was expected to be a 1st round pick, but had a tough spring. If he regains the stuff he showed last summer, he's another one that could be really, really good. Plus he's LHed with power stuff, i always love those kinda pitchers

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I agree. His swing looks quieter than Torres's.

I am fine with him being under the radar!
    So am i, but i highly doubt he's under the radar in the scouting circles. He is just a toolshed with the kinda power/ contact/ quick hands that you can't teach. If we have our CFer of the future in our system my money would be on this kid. I really hope they don;t move him. With Alcantara gone, we need another high ceiling CFer in the system. Especially with the likely hood of the international draft coming, we really need to make the best of the specs we have because it's going to be twice as hard for us to get that same kind of talent going forward.

I just hope that they wait for 1 more yr so we can still sign Maya. From everything i've read and heard about the kid he's in a very similar class talent wise to Dom, Arias, Pereira. I believe he is a switch hitter also. I really like that the Yanks are targeting switch hitters with elite speed in IFA the last few yrs. It would be great to have 3-4 of those in the lineup every night, it would make it very tough for pitchers to get through the lineup

So am i, but i highly doubt he's under the radar in the scouting circles. He is just a toolshed with the kinda power/ contact/ quick hands that you can't teach. If we have our CFer of the future in our system my money would be on this kid. I really hope they don;t move him. With Alcantara gone, we need another high ceiling CFer in the system. Especially with the likely hood of the international draft coming, we really need to make the best of the specs we have because it's going to be twice as hard for us to get that same kind of talent going forward.

I just hope that they wait for 1 more yr so we can still sign Maya. From everything i've read and heard about the kid he's in a very similar class talent wise to Dom, Arias, Pereira. I believe he is a switch hitter also. I really like that the Yanks are targeting switch hitters with elite speed in IFA the last few yrs. It would be great to have 3-4 of those in the lineup every night, it would make it very tough for pitchers to get through the lineup
    Mayea is only a right handed hitter but he’s way better than pereira. His tools are up there with arias if not a little ahead and only behind Dominguez a little. If arias hits his potential he’s a top 10 player in the game. Mayea top 10 as well. Dominguez would be number 1.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    Mayea is only a right handed hitter but he’s way better than pereira. His tools are up there with arias if not a little ahead and only behind Dominguez a little. If arias hits his potential he’s a top 10 player in the game. Mayea top 10 as well. Dominguez would be number 1.
    How did i get that confused with Mayea being a switch hitter?? U really think he is better than Pereira? ahead of Arias is quite a complement. I'd love to hear your scouting report on him, there just isn't a ton of info out there about him. I've heard very little about the bat other than he is very advanced for his age. Defensively is where i've heard he shines, plus, plus arm, 70 grade speed and an advanced route runner and no doubt that he'll stick in CF. Do you think, if there is no draft, that he gets a bigger bonus than Arias .

I know you have close access to Arias. Is he really as advanced as i've been hearing? that he's already more into refining his toolset rather than discovering it and it wouldn't be a shock if he flew threw the system like Franco did? I just keep hearing that everyone that has seen him is beyond impressed with him and that he is determined to be a generational SS.

I keep hearing that while Dom's tools might be louder, he is much more raw at the same age as Arias.

If we get Mayea and he and Dom both develop as hoped, who ends up in CF?

Fangraphs' report on Mayea:

Mayea derives his power from precise, flush contact. Though somewhat more physically mature than most prospects his age, Mayea isn't especially big and strong, nor projectable. He simply has great feel for contact and swings with rotational verve, and the combination is enough to punish the baseball. Short levers and prodigious bat control help drive impact hit tool projection, while his posture through contact creates natural swing loft that indicates he'll get to whatever power he ends up growing into. Additionally, Mayea looks poised to stay up the middle of the diamond due to his speed, defensive instincts, and medium build. This makes Mayea an exceptional, well-rounded prospect for his age. He's likely to sign for just shy of $5 million in January of 2023.

I know Rutschman is an absolute beast at the plate but i know nothing about him defensively. I just worry about trading for an extremely young catcher because they are so over valued, at least on Sims. The position is so bad around baseball that even a descent C specs is worth more than just about any other position. I also worry about giving up that much because C in general are very injury prone.

I like the idea but i'm not sure i would give up that much, then again i haven't followed that kid that much since he left college

Before i traded Volpe or Pereira I would call SD and see what it would take to get Campusano.

I do think Gomez if he can stay healthy is going to be worth waiting for, but we certainly need another stop gap till he is ready because what we have isn't good. The more i think about it, you might be onto something. Use some of our infield assets to get a good, young Catcher, i'm just not sure i'd give up that much for Rutschman
    I read the scouting report on Rutschman. He's now the @1 prospect in all of baseball. As for his catching ability, he's supposedly a great receiver that every pitcher wants to throw to and his arm is a 60. They also believe that he'd be able to remain a good receiver, because he's extremely athletic. The report used the term "perennial all-star." So, I'm not as worried about him as other prospects. Is his rating too high? Maybe. Is Volpe's rating high? Who knows? Hypothetically, it might be too much to give up for him, however in real life, the Orioles might not trade Rutscman at all or unless completely overwhelmed and possibly not to a division rival, where they'd have to see him for the next 15 years.

In any case, it makes you think whether we can balance our prospects. Trading for Campusano, as a stop gap for Gomez and possibly more, remains a great idea. What would we need to give up? Vargas++ or take back salary, as previously discussed, since they are trying to shed it.

Tell me more about Campusano and just a ballpark of what it would take

elijfishman
    ·
    5h
    Baseball Prospectus has Yankees' Randy Vasquez as the #90 prospect in all of baseball.

elijfishman
    ·
    5h
    Baseball Prospectus has Yankees' Randy Vasquez as the #90 prospect in all of baseball.
    Randy Vasquez is Roansy Contreras lite. Similar pitch package and repertoire but not as big and the velo is a slight notch below.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Tell me more about Campusano and just a ballpark of what it would take
    he Padres had high hopes for Campusano’s right-handed bat when they made him the first catcher to be selected in the 2017 Draft, signing him for $1.3 million after taking the Georgia prep in the second round. He broke out in earnest at Class A Advanced Lake Elsinore in 2019 to earn California League co-MVP honors after he led the circuit in batting (.325) while also ranking second in OPS (.906) and RBI (81). Campusano continued to rake at San Diego’s alternate training site in 2020, so much so that the Padres decided to call up the 21-year-old catcher in early September. He announced his arrival by hitting an opposite-field home run in his first Major League game but spent the rest of the regular season on the injured list due to a left wrist strain.

Campusano has demonstrated growth as a hitter in every season. He hits the ball hard using a blend of physical strength and explosive bat speed, while improving the leverage and contact point in his swing has helped him unlock his plus power. Campusano’s plate coverage and bat path through the zone fuel his hit-to-all-fields mindset at the plate, and he already demonstrates an advanced, selectively aggressive approach as well as a penchant for punishing mistakes. Defensively, Campusano has the athleticism, agility and strong arm needed to stick behind the plate, and he’s made significant gains with his blocking and receiving since signing.

Campusano has all the components needed to become an everyday catcher in the big leagues, including a combination of hitting ability and power that could make him a middle-of-the-order run producer.

as far as what it would take to get him, i really don't know. They offered him to the Cubs at the deadline if they would take Hosmer back. He's a top 40 spec so they aren't going to give him away unless someone takes a salary back or they get something back they want. I would say it would take Schmidt, Flo and a lottery ticket?? spec or spec trades are hard to figure out, maybe Nestor and Green would interest them