Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 151 of 217 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 3248
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I'd think we see Gil in the bullpen for good once he comes back.
    I had the same thought.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    We really need Hicks to get a tweak, We should just bring up Flo and Dom... Our lineup would benefit from some youts lol.
    If they called Dom up he'd be worse than Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    In any other year I'd be bummed about Gil needing TJS. This year, however, their depth of prospects is so good I'm not concerned in the least. Waldichuk replaces him without even having to make a move. You still have the following players behind their starting 5 who are all major league ready: King, Schmidt, German, Sears, Wesneski.

Btw, anyone else think they should bring up Banuelos and dfa Luetge?
    Agreed on all points and yes, give Manny a shot.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yeah, I hate to say it but a part of me hoped that Gonzalez had a mild tweak that kept him out for a couple weeks.
    same

We really need Hicks to get a tweak, We should just bring up Flo and Dom... Our lineup would benefit from some youts lol.
    Yes to Flo but lol to Dom. He's probably years away.

Peraza is heating up, already has 2 hits with a HR. Flo has a hit and SB, his avg is up to .270. Flo has been batting leadoff for a while now. I wonder if having him leadoff has made him adjust his approach? maybe thats why we're seeing more walks, less K's and more contact at the plate. It's just time to give him a shot, he can't be any worse than Hicks and Flo at the very least will at least play GG caliber defense, with an plus or better arm.

Devi wet the bed again, 4H, 4ER 2BB, 3ks 2.1 IP. It's time to see what he can do out of the BP. I really was expecting a big bounce back with how good he looked in ST

JP Sears, who I thought was a questionable addition to the 40 man this winter, has been absolutely lights out so far this yr. Today 4IP, 0H, 0R, 0ER, 0BB, 7Ks , Season ERA 0.43. If they are going to bring up another reliever it should probably be him. He's earned a shot. He is another huge developmental success for Briend, Blake and Cressey

According to Eli Fishman, the Yankees have signed RHP Ryan Miller to a minor league contract.

Drafted in the 6th round of the 2018 draft by the Arizona Diamondbacks, Miller compiled a 7-6 record with a 3.66 ERA in 39 games between 2018-2019 with their Single-A and High-A affiliates. He compiled a 46/18 K/BB ratio.

This season, he was toiling around in the Independant League for Sioux Falls. He appeared in only one game, striking out three in 1.1 innings. He has been assigned to Hudson Valley.

Scranton Railriders (13-26) (Lost to Worcester, 6-2)

CF Estevan Florial: 1-for-3, RS, HBP, K
    .267/.356/.440. Overall on the season
    SS Oswald Peraza: 2-for-4, HR (4), 2 RBI, RS
    Three multi-hit games in his last seven games played. It has been feast or famine, as he has zero hits in the other four games.

LF Miguel Andujar: 0-for-4, K
    3B Derek Dietrich: 0-for-3, BB, K
    2B Jose Peraza: 1-for-4
    C Max McDowell: 0-for-4, 2 K
    1B Ronald Guzman: 2-for-4
    First multiple hit game since 4/22.
    DH David Freitas: 0-for-3, 2 K
    RF Ryan LaMarre: 0-for-3, K

RHP Deivi Garcia: (L, 0-3) 2.1 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
    9.90 ERA (20 IP, 27 H, 24 R, 22 ER, 14 BB, 17 K, 4 HR). Injuries to Luis Gil and Chad Green may prevent a roster crunch (both appear to be significant, which could lead to 60-day IL stints. Weíll see. Plus, Ben Rortvedt could find himself on that list.) Why is that important? Because it is no longer out of the realm of possibility that Garciaís 40-man roster status could be in jeopardy.

RHP Vinny Nittoli: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K
    LHP JP Sears: 4.2 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 7 K
    He retires the first 14 he faces, walks a hitter, comes out of the game, and the run comes around to score. Annoyance! Regardless, that doesnít take away from his dominating performance. He now owns a 0.83 ERA in 21.2 IP (11 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 0 HR, 2 BB, 30 K). That is how you take care of business after a demotion

RHP Zach Greene: 0.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K

Somerset Patriots (24-12) (Defeated Reading, 6-2)

SS Anthony Volpe: 1-for-4
    A little 6-game on-base streak (6-for-23; 6 walks; 6 SB)

DH Elijah Dunham: 0-for-2, 2 BB, K
    .222/.316/.424 in 117 PA. His numbers are climbing.
    RF Jeisson Rosario: 0-for-4
    CF Blake Perkins: 2-for-2, RBI, RS, 2 BB, SB (11)
    His OPS is exactly 1.000. He is 11-for-12 stealing bases.

C Rodolfo Duran: 1-for-4, HR (3), 2 RBI, RS, 2 K
    Duranís reputation is as a defensive player. However, he has shown a little pop offensively. He hit 18 home runs in 2018 and 12 in 101 games between 2019 and 2021.
    LF Michael Beltre: 1-for-3, RS, BB, K, SB (9)
    1B Mickey Gasper: 0-for-4, 3 K
    2B Oliver Dunn: 2-for-4, 3B (1), HR (2), 2 RBI, 2 RS, K
    9-for-21 (3 doubles, 1 triple, 2 HR, 9 RBI, 4 R, 4 BB, 8 K, 2-for-2 SB). He was out for a while due to an injury.
    3B Max Burt: 1-for-4, RBI, RS, SB (7)

RHP Randy Vasquez: 5.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 K, HR
    2.19 ERA (24.2 IP, 10 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 1 HR, 11 BB, 22 K). Donít let him get lost in your shuffle.

RHP Nick Ernst: (W, 2-0) 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
    RHP Barrett Loseke: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
    1.74 ERA (20.2 IP, 18 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 1 HR, 12 BB, 26 K)
    RHP Edward Mujica: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K

Hudson Valley Renegades (16-19)

The game against Brooklyn was postponed. They will try their best to play two on Sunday.

Tampa Tarpons (15-21) (Defeated St. Lucie, 7-3)

SS Alexander Vargas: 0-for-3, RS, BB, K
    DH Jasson Dominguez: 1-for-3, RBI, RS, BB, K
    .254/.343/.458 in May (.238/.293/.385 overall)
    C Antonio Gomez: 0-for-3, RS, BB, K
    1B Anthony Garcia: 1-for-3, RBI, RS, BB, K
    5-game hitting streak (6-for-20. The weirdest part may be that he only has one extra-base hit (his speciality) during this streak).

3B Ben Cowles: 1-for-4, HR (3), 2 RBI, RS, K
    Cowles has hit safely in six of his last seven games (8-for-27; all three of his home runs during this timespan)
    LF Grant Richardson: 2-for-4, 2B (3), RS, K
    CF Alex Mejia: 0-for-3, SF, RBI, K
    2B Luis Santos: 1-for-3, RS
    RF Kyle Battle: 1-for-3

RHP Juan Carela: 5.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 6 K, HR
    His most erratic start of 2022. He was able to avoid a disaster, however. Season: 2.43 ERA (29.2 IP, 22 H, 13 R, 8 ER, 3 HR, 10 BB, 40 K)

RHP Danny Watson: (W, 2-2) 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K
    3.32 ERA (21.2 IP, 13 H, 9 R, 8 ER, 1 HR, 12 BB, 21 K)
    RHP Jack Neely: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K
    A few tough games have ruined his bottom line, but he has 32 strikeouts in 18.1 innings.

@JulianGuilarte1

1h
    Yanks news: RHP Luis Gil will undergo Tommy John Surgery.

I think we all knew that was coming unfortunately. Hope he has a quick recovery and comes back stronger. Hopefully they can give him a legit CU in his recovery so he can stay a starter, otherwise he'll likely end up in the BP

I was told that while this surgery diminishes his value some, they believe teams maybe still interested in taking him back in a deal similarly to Kaprielian in the Sonny Gray deal

Anyone else get a good laugh out of Florial hitting better than he ever has in a year where batting averages in the majors and minors are at record lows? lol. If you're batting .280 now you're practically setting the world on fire.

Devi is broken.

Flo has to be making them consider a change.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Devi is broken.

Flo has to be making them consider a change.
    I hope they just give him a shot. At this point the tools are so much better than Hicks

Scouts think he should come up either next year or 2024... I would bring him up early like Tampa does with their specs... Dom and Flo should be center and left... Hicks and Gallo are a waste.. Dom said he is ready, I like his fire... He is 19.. Alex was in the majors at 19 and his comparison is Trout and he was 20... I dont think i am far off..

Wait a sec! Are we talking about the same team? The one with the best record in the MLB with a .737 win %?

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Hicks sucks at the moment, Gallo not too far behind. But you don't mess with success. They are winning despite the problems in the OF.

Wholesale change isn't needed or advisable. Getting Florial AB's isn't a bad idea, however I see no cause or reason for panic. I don't share your sense of urgency. Imo Dominguez isn't close to ready.

Sell the Team, HAL!

Scouts think he should come up either next year or 2024... I would bring him up early like Tampa does with their specs... Dom and Flo should be center and left... Hicks and Gallo are a waste.. Dom said he is ready, I like his fire... He is 19.. Alex was in the majors at 19 and his comparison is Trout and he was 20... I dont think i am far off..
    Actually scouts think he's could be ready in 24/25 not this yr or next yr. Your talking about a kid in low A , which is a similar competition level to smaller college baseball, and isn't exactly tearing the cover off the ball at that level.

Slow down on rushing Dom, just because he has the talent and the tool set of a super star doesn't mean a kid the age of a HS senior/college freshman is anywhere close to MLB ready
    Tampa doesn't bring kids up from Low A straight to the MLB. Wander Franco is probably the best, fastest developing switch hitter in resent memory and they waited till he was closer to 21 than 19.

I don't have a problem with promoting guys more quickly, but they need to pass the AA test first. Dom said his goal is to be up by age 21, if he's up earlier than that it would shock everyone.

He's 19 and played about 100 games since he was 16. 1,000-1200 MILB AB's would be moving pretty quickly for any player. Dom only has about 330. In no way shape or form is he anywhere close to being MLB ready on either side of the ball. It also the majority of the time takes switch hitters longer to develop.

If you move him along to quickly, you're setting up a situation to tank his entire career. If we're that desperate for an OFer, there are many, many more option that make far more sense than Dom in the next couple yrs.
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-21-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Actually scouts think he's could be ready in 24/25 not this yr or next yr. Your talking about a kid in low A , which is a similar competition level to smaller college baseball, and isn't exactly tearing the cover off the ball at that level.

Slow down on rushing Dom, just because he has the talent and the tool set of a super star doesn't mean a kid the age of a HS senior/college freshman is anywhere close to MLB ready
    Tampa doesn't bring kids up from Low A straight to the MLB. Wander Franco is probably the best, fastest developing switch hitter in resent memory and they waited till he was closer to 21 than 19.

I don't have a problem with promoting guys more quickly, but they need to pass the AA test first. Dom said his goal is to be up by age 21, if he's up earlier than that it would shock everyone.

He's 19 and played about 100 games since he was 16. 1,000-1200 MILB AB's would be moving pretty quickly for any player. Dom only has about 330. In no way shape or form is he anywhere close to being MLB ready on either side of the ball. It also the majority of the time takes switch hitters longer to develop.

If you move him along to quickly, you're setting up a situation to tank his entire career. If we're that desperate for an OFer, there are many, many more option that make far more sense than Dom in the next couple yrs.
    Might be the most critical factor. You want him to be ready. You want him to experience SUCCESS at each level, NOT failure or struggle. A young psyche' can easily be wounded. Once he gets in his own head things can and often do unravel quickly.

Sell the Team, HAL!