Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 95 of 103 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1531
  1. #1411
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,200
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Johnny, is Brandon Belt an option? I don't know much about him. He's a lefty, same age as Rizzo, has some power, cheaper than Rizzo and may be willing to take a short term deal. There are some injury concerns, but they may be behind him. He's a FA with WS experience, which imo is worthy of mention. He was worth 2.7 WAR in 2021, slashed .274 .378 .597 .975. with 29 HR's in 325 AB's.

    As I said don't know much about him, saw his name on the MLBTR FA list under 1B.
    He's spent his entire career of 11 seasons with the Giants and wants to end his career with them. I heard on MLB Network that the Giants would probably offer him the QO, but even without it, he made more than Rizzo at 14 1/2 million. He showed tremendous power this season out of nowhere with 29 HRs in 360 AB, so Wow, but the year before he had 9 and hit in the teens, nearly every year prior to that. .274 average this year vs .234 in 2019, so even more of a career year this year, though lifetime .264, so maybe 2019 was an off year. Fielding is pretty good, I guess, since he finished third in GG in 2020, but only 60 games (remember Clint Frazier finished 2nd in RF that year). Overall, he would work for me on a 2 year deal, but I don't think he leaves the Giants unless they don't offer the QO.

  2. #1412
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,108
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    So would I, i think the defense will age well and playing half his games with the short porch would hurt his offensive numbers.
    I would be totally fine if he was a 275 wish hitter and hit 15-20, if he keeps putting up ABs like he has. Making pitchers work and putting the ball in play.

    I totally agree about his D. He will be above average at the very worst.



    Ignorance is bliss

  3. #1413
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    13,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I would be totally fine if he was a 275 wish hitter and hit 15-20, if he keeps putting up ABs like he has. Making pitchers work and putting the ball in play.

    I totally agree about his D. He will be above average at the very worst.
    I'd be thrilled with that kind of production to go along with plus, plus defense

  4. #1414
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,968
    li Fishman
    @elijfishman

    Austin Wells had a four hit game for the @MLBazFallLeague.

    Surprise Saguaros today and fell a homer shy of the cycle. The #Yankees 2020 first round pick is hitting .500 through his first five AFL games with a homer and five RBIís.

    Your current AFL slash line leaders:

    Average ó Austin Wells (.500)
    On-Base ó Elijah Dunham (.632)
    Slugging ó Austin Wells (.944)
    Last edited by drt1010; 10-22-2021 at 04:40 PM.

  5. #1415
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,308
    Rizzo at 5 million a year could be an option, but like i've been repeatedly saying, with all their arbitration raises they literally have no room to maneuver unless they unload a bunch of players and right now the priority is a TORP. In my opinion they need 2.

  6. #1416
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,968
    More fun MiLB stats:

    % of pitchers that were FB or SI, by year:

    '19: 59.2%
    '21: 57.1%

    Five lowest FB/SI% in MiLB as org:

    5. CIN 54.0%
    4. NYY 52.9%
    3. HOU 50.0%
    2. SEA 48.9%
    1. MIN 47.5%

  7. #1417
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,968
    Kyle Boddy
    @drivelinebases

    Oct 20
    Fun MiLB org stat: Framing Runs Above Average (FRAA) minus Weighted Caught Stealing (wCS).

    In other words, best minor league org batteries that balanced stealing strikes and controlling runners (qualifier: 100 runs saved)

    1. TB (of course)
    2. NYY
    3. MIL
    4. CIN
    5. MIA
    6. CLE

  8. #1418
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    13,178
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    li Fishman
    @elijfishman

    Austin Wells had a four hit game for the @MLBazFallLeague.

    Surprise Saguaros today and fell a homer shy of the cycle. The #Yankees 2020 first round pick is hitting .500 through his first five AFL games with a homer and five RBIís.

    Your current AFL slash line leaders:

    Average ó Austin Wells (.500)
    On-Base ó Elijah Dunham (.632)
    Slugging ó Austin Wells (.944)
    I love that bat but IMO he has no shot of sticking behind the plate. He's fine with blocking and framing but has a horrible arm and pop times aren't good. With Sands, Breaux and Gomez coming, i think Wells ends up at a different position that allow his bat to play way up

  9. #1419
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,108
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I love that bat but IMO he has no shot of sticking behind the plate. He's fine with blocking and framing but has a horrible arm and pop times aren't good. With Sands, Breaux and Gomez coming, i think Wells ends up at a different position that allow his bat to play way up
    If his bat lives up to potential and he could play first? A power lefty bat playing first?
    Solves that problem for a decade.



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #1420
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    13,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    If his bat lives up to potential and he could play first? A power lefty bat playing first?
    Solves that problem for a decade.
    I read an article today that the Yankee scouts believe we didn''t see his full potential with his bat this yr, some said not even close. They were saying that he worked so hard on his defense this yr his offense took a big back seat. They are expecting him to have a monster yr next yr.

    The bat is for real IMO, i think we saw that is ST last yr when there was talk of him making the team. My concern is i would like an elite defensive 1st baseman. We saw what a difference Rizzo made at 1st, it makes the whole infield defense much stronger.

    I love the bat, no question, but before i would say he's the long term answer at 1st, i want to see how good his defense is their. If he's going to be another Andujar, where he caan't be in the game late because of his defense, he might be best used as a trade chip.

    If he can be above average defensively, absolutely agree 100%, he solves that problem for a decade.

    We've seen how much bad defense can hurt this team. I would just prefer a good defensive team vs a team full of bat 1st sluggers

  11. #1421
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,108
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I read an article today that the Yankee scouts believe we didn''t see his full potential with his bat this yr, some said not even close. They were saying that he worked so hard on his defense this yr his offense took a big back seat. They are expecting him to have a monster yr next yr.

    The bat is for real IMO, i think we saw that is ST last yr when there was talk of him making the team. My concern is i would like an elite defensive 1st baseman. We saw what a difference Rizzo made at 1st, it makes the whole infield defense much stronger.

    I love the bat, no question, but before i would say he's the long term answer at 1st, i want to see how good his defense is their. If he's going to be another Andujar, where he caan't be in the game late because of his defense, he might be best used as a trade chip.

    If he can be above average defensively, absolutely agree 100%, he solves that problem for a decade.

    We've seen how much bad defense can hurt this team. I would just prefer a good defensive team vs a team full of bat 1st sluggers
    Absolutely he needs to be above average at first to be a solution. And I totally agree with the Andujar comparison. I really didn't want to trade him but knowing now how bad is D is, damn. They could have gotten a nice player or pitcher with him as a part of a deal.

    If Wells is shakily? Move him ASAP



    Ignorance is bliss

  12. #1422
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    8,287
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Rizzo at 5 million a year could be an option, but like i've been repeatedly saying, with all their arbitration raises they literally have no room to maneuver unless they unload a bunch of players and right now the priority is a TORP. In my opinion they need 2.
    I think a bigger priority is catcher. They have to do something there too imo. As for Wells I think it would be better to trade him unless he proves to be a good defensive first baseman . Donít need another mainly bat prospect .
    Last edited by Posada20; 10-23-2021 at 09:23 AM.

  13. #1423
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    25,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    I think a bigger priority is catcher. They have to do something there too imo. As for Wells I think it would be better to trade him unless he proves to be a good defensive first baseman . Donít need another mainly bat prospect .
    Historically, teams value defense over offense at first base. Good call.

  14. #1424
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    41,108
    Tmml



    Ignorance is bliss

  15. #1425
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,968
    Eli Fishman@elijfishman
    Welcome to the Yankees Prospect Report!

    First up, Anthony Garcia, 21 year old Yankees prospect and one of the most powerful hitters in all of MILB.

    video here: https://twitter.com/i/status/1452466772419006469

Page 95 of 103 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •