Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Updated top 30 from MLB pipeline. Volpe #1 https://www.mlb.com/prospects/yankees/
    Sweeney climbing that ladder quickly. Is that legit or hype because he's the first round pick?

I is so nuts that Volpe has surpassed Dominguez as the #1 prospect.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I missed Peraza's game! Thanks. It was a bit above and I hadn't seen his name in the lineup because of the taxi squad games. That is a loo of a game.

I love that Peirera hit the walk of but aside from that he had an 0-fer. My comment was based on that.

I saw the next game below this post. Waldichuck is settling in, it seems. He's a bit up and down but he seems to be finding a groove.
    Great to see Schmidt throwing that many pitches. and having some success.
    Waldi gave up a 1st inning HR to former teamate and close friend Diego Castillio, but after that he really settled in. He's really had a incredibly strong yr that put him squarely on the prospect map. I think he has a good chance to be one of those guys like Monty that just comes out of no where in ST to win a rotation spot. He's leading our system in strikeouts by 25 or more over the next closest one. His control is the last piece

Sweeney climbing that ladder quickly. Is that legit or hype because he's the first round pick?

I is so nuts that Volpe has surpassed Dominguez as the #1 prospect.
    IMO, he and Wells are ranked their based on their 1st round status. It sure isn't based on his performance so far, because he is struggling in low A really badly.

I wasn't a fan of the Sweeney pick, but i hated the Volpe pick at the time so it shows you how much i know, LOL

With Dominguez having the slow start, which i'm not worried about in the least, and Volpe just having an incredible yr you could see that coming. The thing that surprised me is they have him as the 15th best overall.

Gil is going to make a huge jump up that list with the way he has performed at the MLB level also

Updated top 30 from MLB pipeline. Volpe #1 https://www.mlb.com/prospects/yankees/
    Wow they have Volpe as 15th overall in all of baseball and Domiguez is 17th.

Waldi gave up a 1st inning HR to former teamate and close friend Diego Castillio, but after that he really settled in. He's really had a incredibly strong yr that put him squarely on the prospect map. I think he has a good chance to be one of those guys like Monty that just comes out of no where in ST to win a rotation spot. He's leading our system in strikeouts by 25 or more over the next closest one. His control is the last piece

IMO, he and Wells are ranked their based on their 1st round status. It sure isn't based on his performance so far, because he is struggling in low A really badly.

I wasn't a fan of the Sweeney pick, but i hated the Volpe pick at the time so it shows you how much i know, LOL

With Dominguez having the slow start, which i'm not worried about in the least, and Volpe just having an incredible yr you could see that coming. The thing that surprised me is they have him as the 15th best overall.

Gil is going to make a huge jump up that list with the way he has performed at the MLB level also
    That was what I was wondering. Are they getting higher rankings because they are first rounders.

If Waldi can get himself into AAA next year and be ready for action, I will be psyched.

Ignorance is bliss

That was what I was wondering. Are they getting higher rankings because they are first rounders.

If Waldi can get himself into AAA next year and be ready for action, I will be psyched.
    He's pitched very well in AA and is leading the system with a low 3 ERA on the yr, so he absolutely should start next yr in AAA. That said i absolutely believe he has a chance to pull a Monty next spring, coming into camp and pitching well enough to win the 5th spot.

He's been 95-97 all yr with his 4 seam, which is elite velo for a LH starter and his CB and SL have really improved, with his CU lagging a little behind. IMO he's being massively under looked considering the massive jump he's made in performance and getting all the way to AA. If he can tighten up the control with his pitches and improve his CU a bit, watch out

I think he's far more likely to end up in our rotation than even Medina

The likely AAA rotation next yr could be filthy. If Gil doesn't make the rotation out of ST you could see
    Schmidt
    Gil
    Medina
    Waldichuk
    Deivi
    Last edited by dayners81; 08-19-2021 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Wow they have Volpe as 15th overall in all of baseball and Domiguez is 17th.
    I just saw that too, WOW. I think thats probably about right for both of them. I think Peraza is better than 68th. I'm really kinda surprised neither Schmidt or Gil made the top 100

He's pitched very well in AA and is leading the system with a low 3 ERA on the yr, so he absolutely should start next yr in AAA. That said i absolutely believe he has a chance to pull a Monty next spring, coming into camp and pitching well enough to win the 5th spot.

He's been 95-97 all yr with his 4 seam, which is elite velo for a LH starter and his CB and SL have really improved, with his CU lagging a little behind. IMO he's being massively under looked considering the massive jump he's made in performance and getting all the way to AA. If he can tighten up the control with his pitches and improve his CU a bit, watch out

I think he's far more likely to end up in our rotation than even Medina

The likely AAA rotation next yr could be filthy. If Gil doesn't make the rotation out of ST you could see
    Schmidt
    Gil
    Medina
    Waldichuk
    Deivi
    That AAA rotation would be absurd.

Lol and they would all be screwed. If the team needed a guy, they could just pick one and send him down. Then do that with a different guy and another... No one would ever get a shot and they would all stay well under control.

Ignorance is bliss

I just saw that too, WOW. I think thats probably about right for both of them. I think Peraza is better than 68th. I'm really kinda surprised neither Schmidt or Gil made the top 100
    Gil should have at least been on the back end of the list. Stuff and performance has been too good.

Scranton (54-36) (Split a doubleheader with Worcester)

Game 1 (Lost, 5-3. Former Yankees’ farmhand Kaleb Ort converted his 13th save of the season)

CF Estevan Florial: 0-for-2, 2 BB, K
    LF Greg Allen: 2-for-4, RS, K
    1B Chris Gittens: 0-for-3, RS, BB, 2 K
    DH Rob Brantly: 1-for-3
    RF Socrates Brito: 2-for-3, 2B (9), 2 RBI, RS, K
    C Donny Sands: 1-for-3, RBI, K
    .269/.342/.522 in 76 PA since his promotion and .257/.323/.475 in 291 PA overall. MLB Pipeline recognized his solid year by naming him the #28 prospect in the system.

3B-2B Armando Alvarez: 0-for-3, K
    SS Kyle Holder: 0-for-2, K
    PH Trey Amburgey: 0-for-1, K
    Someone recommended to me to “indent” players who come into games like they do in an MLB boxscore. A simple request and I kinda like it.
    3B Brandon Wagner: 0-for-0
    2B-SS Max Burt: 1-for-3, K

LHP Matt Krook (L, 2-4): 2.2 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
    5.15 ERA since his promotion (43.2 IP, 32 H, 27 R, 25 ER, 4 HR, 37 BB, 51 K). Just like when he was a member of the Rays’ organization, it is the walks that are holding him back. His K/GB combination is enticing if he can get the walks down.
    RHP Ron Marinaccio: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
    Since his promotion: 6 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 0 HR, 2 BB, 8 K. I have no problem at all with giving minor league relievers extended outs. I am in favor of it. That said, it sometimes intrigues me to think about how some of these relievers would do if told to just air it out for an inning.
    RHP Adam Warren: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K

Game 2 (Won, 5-0)

LF Jonathan Davis: 1-for-2, 2 RS, 2 HBP, SB (2), CS (1)
    Thoughts on Davis after his brief MLB run: I can see why teams will continuously give him a job. He can glove the ball in center field and has big-time speed. The bat is the drawback, but if he had a bat, he would be an MLB starter instead of an MLB roamer.

RF Socrates Brito: 3-for-3, 3B (2), 2 RBI, 2 RS, HBP, 2 SB (15)

Talk about a big night: 5-for-6, double, triple, 4 RBI, 3 RS, 2 SB. He is hitting .260/.317/.383 in 334 plate appearances, doing his job as a veteran depth outfielder.
    LF Ryan LaMarre: 1-for-4, 2 K
    2B Armando Alvarez: 0-for-2, SF, RBI, K
    DH Matt Pita: 1-for-3, 2 K
    C Max McDowell: 0-for-1, BB, HBP
    Back from his “taxi squad” stint.
    SS Kyle Holder: 0-for-3, 3 K
    3B Max Burt: 0-for-3
    1B Brandon Wagner: 0-for-2, RS, BB, 2 K

RHP Sean Boyle: 7 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 K
    Boyle tosses a no-hitter in his first Triple-A start (third appearance). He owns a 0.59 ERA in 15.1 innings since his promotion (6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 14 K). Drafted in the 25th round back in 2018, he owns a 2.71 career ERA in 116.1 innings with 26 walks and 133 strikeouts. This is the first season where he has been used as a swingman (he was exclusively a reliever prior to this year).

Somerset (54-38) (Lost to Altoona, 5-0)

SS Oswald Peraza: 2-for-2, 2 BB
    I don’t think Peraza will be a walking machine, but he gets praise for his ability to control the strike zone (according to MLB Pipeline, where he is ranked as the #3 prospect in the system). He is now up to .298/.352/.487 in 247 plate appearances since his promotion (he has 16 walks in those plate appearances). Overall, he is at .301/.364/.501 in 374 plate appearances with 25 doubles, 13 home runs, and 29 stolen bases in 32 attempts.
    2B Oswaldo Cabrera: 0-for-4, 2 K
    Cabrera comes in at #16 on MLB Pipeline. They like him as a utility player in the big leagues, and there is nothing wrong with that, especially given that part of that utility includes the ability to play shortstop. He is hitting for power and has a little speed.

CF Michael Beltre: 0-for-4
    DH Dermis Garcia: 0-for-4, 2 K
    C Jason Lopez: 0-for-3, BB
    LF Isiah Gilliam: 0-for-3, BB
    1B Chad Bell: 0-for-4, 2 K
    3B Jesus Bastidas: 2-for-3, 2B (3), BB
    RF Frederick Cuevas: 0-for-3, BB

RHP Luis Medina: (L, 3-3) 5 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, HR
    Medina’s second consecutive zero walk start. That is important to see, even if the rest of the line is iffy. Since promotion: 4.73 ERA (45.2 IP, 46 H, 29 R, 24 ER, 4 HR, 28 BB, 46 K). He has 96 strikeouts and 47 walks in 78.1 innings overall. MLB Pipeline ranks him 8th in the system, and comment about how volatile of a prospect he is. It is hard to disagree, as it is obvious he has frontline stuff with inconsistent results.

RHP Zach Greene: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 4 K
    3.25 ERA since his promotion (27.2 IP, 20 H, 12 R, 10 ER, 3 HR, 6 BB, 40 K). Those last two numbers make me drool.
    RHP Addison Russ: 1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K

Hudson Valley (58-35) (Walked it off over Brooklyn, 7-6. Anthony Volpe was the hero with a 2-run blast in the bottom of the 9th)

DH Anthony Volpe: 3-for-4, 3B (1), HR (8), 2 RBI, 3 RS, BB
    His 20th home run of the season is a walk-off! He now has 90 runs scored on the season. He should easily cross the 100 runs scored barrier.

C Austin Wells: 0-for-3, RBI, BB, K
    CF Elijah Dunham: 2-for-2, 2 2B (14), RS, HBP, 2 SB (12)
    Dunham’s impressive freshman campaign earns him the #24 spot on the MLB Pipeline list.

3B Andres Chaparro: 0-for-2, 2 RBI, 2 BB, K
    RF Jake Sanford: 1-for-4, RBI, K
    The #23 prospect in the system earns praise for his elite bat speed and raw power. There is also some speed to tap into. In other words, while he isn’t “raw,” there are a lot of tools he can put together.
    SS Roberto Chirinos: 0-for-4, K
    LF Pat DeMarco: 1-for-4, RS, K
    1B Kyle MacDonald: 0-for-3, BB
    2B Luis Santos: 2-for-4, RBI, RS

LHP Edgar Barclay: 5.2 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, 2 HR
    Barclay cruised through five (1 H, 1 R) but seemingly ran into a wall in the 6th.
    LHP Matt Minnick: 2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
    RHP Charlie Ruegger (W, 5-4): 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K

Tampa (61-29) (Lost to St. Lucie, 8-7)

CF Jasson Dominguez: 2-for-5, RBI, RS, K
    Hopefully, Dominguez can finish the season strong. Maybe this is the start of that.

2B Cooper Bowman: 1-for-4, 2B (3), RBI, RS, BB
    Bowman checked in at #30 on the MLB Pipeline Yankees’ prospect list. An interesting blurb from his profile: If it is ever determined that he can’t handle second base, he has the speed to handle center field. It would be fun if they developed him as both, but that is probably something to discuss for 2022.
    DH Ryder Green: 1-for-5, HR (4), 3 RBI, RS
    Green (#26 on the list) receives plenty of praise for his raw power and a throwing arm that will allow him to cover right field. While perhaps not his ultimate destiny, he has played some center field as well (though not in 2021).

LF Madison Santos: 0-for-5
    RF Aldenis Sanchez: 3-for-4, 2 HR (2), 2 RBI, 2 RS, BB, K, CS (6)
    Sanchez had one career home run (back in 2017) prior to tonight. So, naturally, he hits two in this game.

C Carlos Narvaez: 1-for-4, BB, K
    SS Ben Cowles: 1-for-3, 2B (3), BB, K
    1B Tyler Hardman: 1-for-2, RS, 2 BB
    3B Dionys Vallejo: 1-for-4, RS, K

RHP Tyrone Yulie: 3 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
    RHP Carlos Gomez: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 2 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K
    4.22 ERA (10.2 IP, 9 H, 7 R, 5 ER, 9 BB, 17 K since his promotion)
    LHP Ben Keizer (L, 2-2): 2.2 IP, 0 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 3 K
    Talk about a pair of strange lines. Combined for five hitless innings, but four runs crossed the plate courtesy of some walks and a few errors.
    RHP Enrique Santana: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K

FCL (22-10) (Defeated the Tigers (yawn), 2-1. The game featured only one error for each team and a combined six walks. Many games at this level can look a little cluster####-y, but this one looks rather normal…)

DH Alexander Vargas: 0-for-3, SF, RBI
    20 RBI, 25 runs scored in 30 games.
    1B Anthony Garcia: 2-for-3, BB, K, CS (1)
    Two singles? He’s going soft on us! He started the season 0-for-6. He is 20-for-56 (.357) since with eight home runs.
    C Antonio Gomez: 1-for-4, 2B (8), RS, K
    Gomez has hit safely in 21 of his 27 games this season. Four of those games were consecutive between June 29 – July 8th. That should tell you how well he has played since.

3B Nelson Gomez: 0-for-4, K
    CF Raimfer Salinas: 0-for-0, HBP
    It appears he left the game after the HBP – hopefully, just precautionary.
    PR-LF Jake Pries: 1-for-2, 2B (3), RBI
    LF-CF Kyle Battle: 0-for-2, BB, K
    SS Angel Rojas: 0-for-3, K
    RF D’Vaughn Knowles: 0-for-3, 2 K
    2B Sincere Smith: 1-for-3, 2B (1), RS, K, SB (1)

RHP Ocean Gabonia: 2.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 2 K
    Gabonia with a solid second career start. I honestly know little about him, but the fact that the Yankees targeted him after the 2020 draft tells me that they think he has something to work with.
    RHP Yarison Ruiz (W, 1-0): 3.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K
    Ruiz with a strong FCL debut. Signed in 2020, he started this season in the DSL, where he pitched to a 4.97 ERA in 12.2 innings with ten walks and 20 strikeouts. He is 21 years old.
    RHP Osiel Rodriguez: 2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 4 K
    4.91 ERA (7.1 IP, 8 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 1 HR, 2 BB, 9 K). The 19-year old has plenty of raw talent to tap into – like most prospects at these levels, all I can say is wait and see.

RHP Edward Paredes (S, 1): 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K
    Paredes has been around for a long time (2016) but hasn’t thrown all that much (49th career appearance).

Yule- ouch

Ignorance is bliss

Video of Volpe's 20th HR!!! Its 2 run walk off to win .. clutch gene
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1428545388382916612 U gotta love that swing, Compact, quick to the ball and not even swinging hard trying to hit a HR
    Last edited by dayners81; 08-20-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Scranton (55-36) (Crushed Worcester, 14-2)

LF Jonathan Davis: 2-for-5, HR (1), 3 RBI, RS, 3 K
    In case you are wondering: Yes, Davis has a decent offensive profile in the minors. It just hasn’t translated into MLB.
    CF Estevan Florial: 3-for-5, 2B (12), RBI, RS, 2 K
    Floral was 4-for-37 with 16 strikeouts in August prior to tonight so this is nice to see. He had a 2-hit night on 8/18…perhaps he is starting another hot streak?

DH Chris Gittens: 1-for-4, RBI, RS, 3 K
    PH/DH Brandon Wagner: 0-for-1, K
    1B Rob Brantly: 1-for-4, 2B (6), 3 RBI, RS, HBP, SB (1)
    8-for-20 stealing bases in his minor league career. On a better note: Brantly has 7 RBI over his last three games.
    RF Trey Amburgey: 1-for-5, 2B (16), RS
    It has been a bit of a struggle since coming off of the injured list, so it is nice to see him earn a knock tonight.
    C Donny Sands: 1-for-3, SF, RBI, 2 RS, BB, K
    Catchers who hit in the upper minors like Sands has all season will be asked about in trade talks. Will the Yankees want to give him a shot at an MLB gig in 2022, or will they look to cash their chips? The other option is adding him to the 40-man and keeping him in Triple-A as depth. We’ll see.
    3B Armando Alvarez: 2-for-4, RBI, 2 RS, BB, K
    .237/.700 OPS (21 doubles, 8 HR, 38 RBI, 38 R, 29 BB, 52 K)
    2B Kyle Holder: 2-for-5, 2B (8), 2 RBI, 3 RS
    SS Cristian Perez: 3-for-5, 2 RBI, 2 RS, SB (3)

LHP JP Sears: (W, 1-0) 6 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K
    Sears follows up Sean Boyle‘s 7-inning no-hitter from last night with six no-hit innings of his own. Since his promotion: 2.45 ERA (14.2 IP, 12 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 HR, 3 BB, 14 K). Sears has an 85/21 K/BB ratio over 65.1 innings this season between here and Somerset.
    RHP Nick Nelson: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
    RHP Greg Weissert: 1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
    2.25 ERA since his promotion (28 IP, 14 H, 9 R, 7 ER, 13 BB, 27 K).
    RHP Brooks Kriske: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K

Somerset (54-39) (Lost to Altoona, 11-2)

DH Oswald Peraza: 0-for-5, 4 K
    He has been unconscious in August (17-for-41 entering tonight), so let this one slide…
    SS Oswaldo Cabrera: 1-for-4, RS, K
    CF Michael Beltre: 2-for-4, RS, K, SB (28)
    Beltre is 28-for-32 stealing bases this season.
    1B Dermis Garcia: 2-for-4, RBI
    16-for-59 in August (.271) with five home runs and 12 runs batted in.
    C Jason Lopez: 0-for-4, RBI
    3B Chad Bell: 0-for-4
    4-for-38 since his promotion. Adjustment periods are real, folks…
    RF Thomas Milone: 0-for-2, RS, 2 BB, 2 K
    2B Jesus Bastidas: 1-for-2, 2 BB
    14-for-44 at this level (19-for-87 when he played down in Tampa)
    LF Aaron Palensky: 0-for-4, K
    Activated off of the injured list.

RHP Jhony Brito: (L, 2-2) 4.1 IP, 8 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 2 HR
    Brito, who has pitched well all season, has a clunker. This spikes his ERA since his promotion to 4.24 (1.89 entering the game) over 23.1 IP.
    RHP Jefry Valdez: 0.2 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
    RHP Nick Ernst: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K
    Since promotion: 7 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 K. It is nice to see the walks down (he had 26 in 40.2 innings for Hudson Valley). Ernst has 79 strikeouts in 47.2 innings this season.

Hudson Valley (59-35) (Defeated Brooklyn, 3-1. Brooklyn loaded the bases with nobody out in the 9th but failed to score)

SS Anthony Volpe: 1-for-3, RS, BB, 2 K, SB (7)
    The hit was described as a “pop up to the shortstop”. Even the elite need luck sometimes. Volpe has 28 stolen bases, so he has a real shot at a 25 HR/30 SB season. He would have to go crazy to reach 30 HR!
    DH Austin Wells: 0-for-4, 3 K
    3B James Nelson: 0-for-4, 2 K
    LF Jake Sanford: 1-for-3, 2B (5), K
    .287/.342/.481 in 117 plate appearances at this level. 14-for-47 (.298) in August. It took him a while to find the power stroke this season, but he has otherwise been consistent.
    CF Pablo Olivares: 0-for-3
    RF Pat DeMarco: 2-for-3, HR (5), RBI, RS, K
    12th home run overall. The five at this level have come in 87 plate appearances.
    1B Kyle MacDonald: 1-for-2, RS, BB, K
    C Saul Torres: 1-for-3, RBI, 2 K
    2B Luis Santos: 0-for-3

RHP Randy Vasquez: (W, 3-0) 6 IP, 8 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K
    Vasquez, who checks in at #20 on MLB Pipeline, continues his strong season. He is praised for his curve, and (like many prospects who enter the system) his velocity has undergone a spike. Pipeline wonders about his future as a starter, but the Yankees don’t have to worry about that yet. Keep him starting.
    LHP Nelson Alvarez: 2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K

Tampa (62-29) (Doubled up St. Lucie, 8-4)

SS Trey Sweeney: 0-for-3, RS, BB, 2 K
    5-for-31 with a double, two home runs, six runs scored, six walks, and 11 strikeouts since his promotion. He isn’t yet hitting consistently, but he is showing off some on-base skills and pop.
    CF Madison Santos: 2-for-5, 2B (2), RBI, RS, K
    5-for-33 since his promotion. He was destroying baseballs in the FCL (which was hardly a surprise) so this is where he needs to be.
    RF Ryder Green: 0-for-4, K
    DH Tyler Hardman: 2-for-4, 2B (2), 2 RBI, 2 RS, 2 K
    7-for-30 since his promotion (2 doubles, 4 RBI, 7 R, 4 BB, 17 K)
    2B Ben Cowles: 1-for-4, RBI, 2 K
    11-for-39 since his promotion (3 doubles, 1 HR, 9 RBI, 5 R, 7 BB, 16 K)
    C Ben Rice: 0-for-2, RBI, 2 BB
    3B Roberto Chirinos: 1-for-3, SF, RBI
    Chirinos has been returned back here after a brief stint with Hudson Valley (8-for-28, HR). At this level, he is 15-for-60 (.250) with ten runs batted in.
    1B Eric Wagaman: 1-for-3, HR (3), RBI, 2 RS, BB
    LF Evan Alexander: 1-for-4, RS, K

RHP Nicio Rodriguez: 3.2 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, HR
    4.91 ERA since his promotion (18.1 IP, 20 H, 10 R, 10 ER, 8 BB, 23 K, 1 HR).

RHP Blane Abeyta: (W, 4-2) 5.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 K

Well, this certainly works. This lowers his ERA to 5.91 in 32 IP (26 H, 24 R, 21 ER, 1 HR, 27 BB, 39 K). 22-year old was signed after the 2020 draft.

FCL (22-11) (Lost to the Blue Jays, 4-1)

I am not going to type up the full box score today as not much happened in this one.

Highlights: OF Grant Richardson singled and tripled (his second of the season). He is doing what a college bat should do at this level: Raking. Richardson is at .355/.459/.581 in 37 PA…3B Marcos Cabrera went 0-for-3 with a walk and his 9th stolen base…RHP Josue Panacual took the loss though he allowed only one run on three hits with a walk and four strikeouts over four innings…

Day, any idea what Peraza's numbers are like when he only DH's?

Ignorance is bliss

Scranton (55-36) (Crushed Worcester, 14-2)

LF Jonathan Davis: 2-for-5, HR (1), 3 RBI, RS, 3 K
    In case you are wondering: Yes, Davis has a decent offensive profile in the minors. It just hasn’t translated into MLB.
    CF Estevan Florial: 3-for-5, 2B (12), RBI, RS, 2 K
    Floral was 4-for-37 with 16 strikeouts in August prior to tonight so this is nice to see. He had a 2-hit night on 8/18…perhaps he is starting another hot streak?

DH Chris Gittens: 1-for-4, RBI, RS, 3 K
    PH/DH Brandon Wagner: 0-for-1, K
    1B Rob Brantly: 1-for-4, 2B (6), 3 RBI, RS, HBP, SB (1)
    8-for-20 stealing bases in his minor league career. On a better note: Brantly has 7 RBI over his last three games.
    RF Trey Amburgey: 1-for-5, 2B (16), RS
    It has been a bit of a struggle since coming off of the injured list, so it is nice to see him earn a knock tonight.
    C Donny Sands: 1-for-3, SF, RBI, 2 RS, BB, K
    Catchers who hit in the upper minors like Sands has all season will be asked about in trade talks. Will the Yankees want to give him a shot at an MLB gig in 2022, or will they look to cash their chips? The other option is adding him to the 40-man and keeping him in Triple-A as depth. We’ll see.
    3B Armando Alvarez: 2-for-4, RBI, 2 RS, BB, K
    .237/.700 OPS (21 doubles, 8 HR, 38 RBI, 38 R, 29 BB, 52 K)
    2B Kyle Holder: 2-for-5, 2B (8), 2 RBI, 3 RS
    SS Cristian Perez: 3-for-5, 2 RBI, 2 RS, SB (3)

LHP JP Sears: (W, 1-0) 6 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K
    Sears follows up Sean Boyle‘s 7-inning no-hitter from last night with six no-hit innings of his own. Since his promotion: 2.45 ERA (14.2 IP, 12 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 HR, 3 BB, 14 K). Sears has an 85/21 K/BB ratio over 65.1 innings this season between here and Somerset.
    RHP Nick Nelson: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
    RHP Greg Weissert: 1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
    2.25 ERA since his promotion (28 IP, 14 H, 9 R, 7 ER, 13 BB, 27 K).
    RHP Brooks Kriske: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K

Somerset (54-39) (Lost to Altoona, 11-2)

DH Oswald Peraza: 0-for-5, 4 K
    He has been unconscious in August (17-for-41 entering tonight), so let this one slide…
    SS Oswaldo Cabrera: 1-for-4, RS, K
    CF Michael Beltre: 2-for-4, RS, K, SB (28)
    Beltre is 28-for-32 stealing bases this season.
    1B Dermis Garcia: 2-for-4, RBI
    16-for-59 in August (.271) with five home runs and 12 runs batted in.
    C Jason Lopez: 0-for-4, RBI
    3B Chad Bell: 0-for-4
    4-for-38 since his promotion. Adjustment periods are real, folks…
    RF Thomas Milone: 0-for-2, RS, 2 BB, 2 K
    2B Jesus Bastidas: 1-for-2, 2 BB
    14-for-44 at this level (19-for-87 when he played down in Tampa)
    LF Aaron Palensky: 0-for-4, K
    Activated off of the injured list.

RHP Jhony Brito: (L, 2-2) 4.1 IP, 8 H, 7 R, 7 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 2 HR
    Brito, who has pitched well all season, has a clunker. This spikes his ERA since his promotion to 4.24 (1.89 entering the game) over 23.1 IP.
    RHP Jefry Valdez: 0.2 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
    RHP Nick Ernst: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K
    Since promotion: 7 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 K. It is nice to see the walks down (he had 26 in 40.2 innings for Hudson Valley). Ernst has 79 strikeouts in 47.2 innings this season.

Hudson Valley (59-35) (Defeated Brooklyn, 3-1. Brooklyn loaded the bases with nobody out in the 9th but failed to score)

SS Anthony Volpe: 1-for-3, RS, BB, 2 K, SB (7)
    The hit was described as a “pop up to the shortstop”. Even the elite need luck sometimes. Volpe has 28 stolen bases, so he has a real shot at a 25 HR/30 SB season. He would have to go crazy to reach 30 HR!
    DH Austin Wells: 0-for-4, 3 K
    3B James Nelson: 0-for-4, 2 K
    LF Jake Sanford: 1-for-3, 2B (5), K
    .287/.342/.481 in 117 plate appearances at this level. 14-for-47 (.298) in August. It took him a while to find the power stroke this season, but he has otherwise been consistent.
    CF Pablo Olivares: 0-for-3
    RF Pat DeMarco: 2-for-3, HR (5), RBI, RS, K
    12th home run overall. The five at this level have come in 87 plate appearances.
    1B Kyle MacDonald: 1-for-2, RS, BB, K
    C Saul Torres: 1-for-3, RBI, 2 K
    2B Luis Santos: 0-for-3

RHP Randy Vasquez: (W, 3-0) 6 IP, 8 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 8 K
    Vasquez, who checks in at #20 on MLB Pipeline, continues his strong season. He is praised for his curve, and (like many prospects who enter the system) his velocity has undergone a spike. Pipeline wonders about his future as a starter, but the Yankees don’t have to worry about that yet. Keep him starting.
    LHP Nelson Alvarez: 2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K

Tampa (62-29) (Doubled up St. Lucie, 8-4)

SS Trey Sweeney: 0-for-3, RS, BB, 2 K
    5-for-31 with a double, two home runs, six runs scored, six walks, and 11 strikeouts since his promotion. He isn’t yet hitting consistently, but he is showing off some on-base skills and pop.
    CF Madison Santos: 2-for-5, 2B (2), RBI, RS, K
    5-for-33 since his promotion. He was destroying baseballs in the FCL (which was hardly a surprise) so this is where he needs to be.
    RF Ryder Green: 0-for-4, K
    DH Tyler Hardman: 2-for-4, 2B (2), 2 RBI, 2 RS, 2 K
    7-for-30 since his promotion (2 doubles, 4 RBI, 7 R, 4 BB, 17 K)
    2B Ben Cowles: 1-for-4, RBI, 2 K
    11-for-39 since his promotion (3 doubles, 1 HR, 9 RBI, 5 R, 7 BB, 16 K)
    C Ben Rice: 0-for-2, RBI, 2 BB
    3B Roberto Chirinos: 1-for-3, SF, RBI
    Chirinos has been returned back here after a brief stint with Hudson Valley (8-for-28, HR). At this level, he is 15-for-60 (.250) with ten runs batted in.
    1B Eric Wagaman: 1-for-3, HR (3), RBI, 2 RS, BB
    LF Evan Alexander: 1-for-4, RS, K

RHP Nicio Rodriguez: 3.2 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, HR
    4.91 ERA since his promotion (18.1 IP, 20 H, 10 R, 10 ER, 8 BB, 23 K, 1 HR).

RHP Blane Abeyta: (W, 4-2) 5.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 8 K

Well, this certainly works. This lowers his ERA to 5.91 in 32 IP (26 H, 24 R, 21 ER, 1 HR, 27 BB, 39 K). 22-year old was signed after the 2020 draft.

FCL (22-11) (Lost to the Blue Jays, 4-1)

I am not going to type up the full box score today as not much happened in this one.

Highlights: OF Grant Richardson singled and tripled (his second of the season). He is doing what a college bat should do at this level: Raking. Richardson is at .355/.459/.581 in 37 PA…3B Marcos Cabrera went 0-for-3 with a walk and his 9th stolen base…RHP Josue Panacual took the loss though he allowed only one run on three hits with a walk and four strikeouts over four innings…
    I'm wondering if Flo is like Gil? Gil was talked about as one of our top minor league prospects but certainly not like what we've seen since he's been promoted. Flo I thought had better numbers in the majors than he's having now. You think he's a september call-up?

actually what I meant to say is I'll bet Flo get's called up before Saturdays game (LOL)

Page 62 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast