Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Nice article about Florial, the start he is off to and what to expect from him moving forward. https://www.si.com/mlb/yankees/news/...erset-patriots

article outlines what happened in the Yanks system in the 1st week and who performed really well. https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/...na-florial-gil

Ken Waldichuk 3.1 IN 3H, 1BB 10ks, he's yet to give up an ER in 2 starts... Lots of people had him as one to watch this yr with his extreme uptick in velo and improved off speed stuff, he's off to a good start

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Down on the farm, 5/11

AAA
    Deivi: 5 IP, 3 H, BB, 7 K
    Cortes: 3 IP, H, 5 K
    Andujar: 1-4, RBI

AA
    Florial: 0-5

A+
    Ken Waldichuck: 3.1 IP, 3 H, BB, 10 K

A-
    Volpe: 0-5
    Wells: 2-4, 2 RBI
    Hauver: 0-5

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Ken Waldichuk 3.1 IN 3H, 1BB 10ks, he's yet to give up an ER in 2 starts... Lots of people had him as one to watch this yr with his extreme uptick in velo and improved off speed stuff, he's off to a good start
    LOL, its insane, LOL

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    10 ks in 3.1 innings? So he's K'd every batter he's faced?

Wow

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    10 ks in 3.1 innings? So he's K'd every batter he's faced?

Wow
    He gave up 3 hits and walked 1

So, no. He did not.

Silly clowns.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    He gave up 3 hits and walked 1

So, no. He did not.

Silly clowns.

Lol. Yes. That was silly. I should have said, Every out he's gotten has been by K

Ignorance is bliss

Lol. Yes. That was silly. I should have said, Every out he's gotten has been by K
    Unacceptable kinko.

Un

Accept

Able.

I didn't realize that he got all his outs by strikeout until you mentioned that... impressive. He's gone from the high 80's low 90's to sitting 96+ and reportedly touching 98-99 from the LH side. I think he kinda gets overshadowed by all the premium arms ahead of him

If he continues to develop he's got mid rotation starter written all over him. He is 23 and only competing in High A, so i would like to see how he does against guys closer to his age

I didn't realize that he got all his outs by strikeout until you mentioned that... impressive. He's gone from the high 80's low 90's to sitting 96+ and reportedly touching 98-99 from the LH side. I think he kinda gets overshadowed by all the premium arms ahead of him

If he continues to develop he's got mid rotation starter written all over him. He is 23 and only competing in High A, so i would like to see how he does against guys closer to his age
    I think his ceiling is even higher than that. Any lefty who sits upper 90's has an ace ceiling. Not saying he will hit that ceiling, but Waldichuk has that kind of potential with this velocity.

10 k in 3.1 innings is incredible. That's the most strikeouts I've ever seen in 3.1 innings (lol).

On a side note his BABIP is horrendous (1.0), he needs to work on that

Mario Garza, the Yankees coordinator of baseball development who is filling in for 1B coach Reggie Willits, said the GCL season is slated to start June 28. That is likely the starting point for touted OF prospect Jasson Dominguez. Dominguez is "as good as advertised," Garza said.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I think his ceiling is even higher than that. Any lefty who sits upper 90's has an ace ceiling. Not saying he will hit that ceiling, but Waldichuk has that kind of potential with this velocity.

10 k in 3.1 innings is incredible. That's the most strikeouts I've ever seen in 3.1 innings (lol).

On a side note his BABIP is horrendous (1.0), he needs to work on that
    I hope that you're right and he has that kind of ceiling. I know he has a huge leg up on most pitching specs being LHed with that kinda velo but I really don't know enough about his off speed stuff. I know his CB and CU are solid avg but i haven't heard if they expect 1 or both to become plus pitches.

Jasson Dominguez watch: Some of the media went over to the team complex in Tampa to get a first hand look at the team’s 18 year-old phenom. He picked up a couple of hits for the cameras, as you’ll see below.
    More Dominguez: Sounds like he will start in the GCL, which starts its season on June 28. Got a ways to go before his first professional game. (Erik Boland)

Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders
    The RailRiders fell to the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, 3-2 (box score). The loss put an end to Scranton’s six-game win streak. They’re now 6-2.

Starting Pitcher: RHP Brody Koerner: 3.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 2 K – 38 of 59 pitches were strikes (64%). After giving up an RBI double to old friend Ronald Torreyes in the first, Koerner retired 9 in a row and 11 of his last 13 batters faced.
    In relief: RHP Braden Bristo: 1.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 2 K – 16 of 34 pitches were strikes (47%)…Addison Russ was supposed to relieve Koerner, but apparently, a roster gaffe forced Bistro in instead.
    In relief: RHP Nick Nelson: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 K – 13 of 18 pitches were strikes (72%). Good to see him go back-to-back outings without a walk (4 IP)
    In relief: LHP Trevor Lane: 1.0 IP, 1 H, zeroes – 17 of 27 pitches were strikes (63%)
    In relief: RHP Nick Goody: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 1 HR – 23 of 36 pitches were strikes (64%). Took the loss in this one. He entered in the eighth with Scranton down 1-0, only to have his offense give him a 2-1 lead for the ninth. Cornelius Randolph hit a two-run shot in the ninth against him.
    Hitting star: CF Greg Allen: 2-4, 1 R, 1 SB
    Holder hurt: SS Kyle Holder: 1-1 – Left after apparently hurting his knee sliding into second base (Conor Foley)
    Leftovers: LF Ryan LaMarre and RF Socrates Brito went 3-for-8 combined, both with doubles a piece…1B Miguel Andújar had a sac fly
    Double-A Somerset Patriots
    Elvis Luciano (Blue Jays Rule 5 pick a couple years back, now developing in the minors) shut down the Patriots in New Hampshire’s 7-2 win (box score). The Patriots are now 5-3.

Starting Pitcher: LHP Matt Krook: 4.2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 6 K – 43 of 57 pitches were strikes (75%). Pounded the strike zone. Nice performance from one of the Yankees’ minor league rule 5 picks in December. He was most recently in the Rays’ organization.
    In relief: RHP Carlos Espinal: 1.1 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 1 HR – 27 of 47 pitches were strikes (57%). Took the loss.
    In relief: RHP Jefry Valdez: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K – 28 of 42 pitchers were strikes (67 percent)
    Florial watch: CF Estevan Florial: 0-3, 1 BB, 2 K, 1 CS – no hits and two walks in his last 15 at-bats…has cooled off.
    Lefotvers: Not much to speak of offensively…SS Hoy Park, C Donny Sands, 2B Diego Castillo, LF Thomas Milone, and RF Michael Beltre all had hits (Beltre’s a double), but the team really couldn’t string anything together.
    High-A Hudson Valley Renegades
    The ‘Gades are back at .500 with tonight’s walkoff 4-3 win over in extras the Aberdeen IronBirds (box score).

Starting Pitcher: RHP Hayden Wesneski: 4.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 3 K – 36 of 69 pitches were strikes (52%)…2019 6th rounder was effectively wild…got two double plays behind him, recorded 6 groundouts too.
    In relief: RHP Charlie Ruegger: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K – 27 of 44 pitches were strikes (61%)
    In relief: RHP Elvis Peguero: 3.1 IP, 1 K, zeroes – 23 of 31 pitches were strikes (74%). What a way to finish this one off. Had to deal with the extra innings rule too. Allowed just one baserunner on an error (Peguero’s own).
    Prospect Power: SS Oswald Peraza: 2-4, HR, RBI, SB – Video of his homer below…his first of the season….Also now has 8 (!) stolen bases…hitting .265/.342/.412 on the season.
    Hero in extras: CF Isaiah Pasteur: 1-3, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 BB, 2 K – delivered walkoff single in the 10th.
    Clutch hitting: 2B Ezequiel Duran: 1-4, 2 RBI, CS – two-run single in the bottom of the eighth tied this one at 3.
    Leftovers: DH Josh Breaux and RF Pablo Olivares picked up singles…rest of the offense was hitless.

Single-A Tampa Tarpons
    The Tarpons have typically been on the other side of blowouts this season. Tonight, Tampa lost 15-4 to Lakeland (box score).

Starting Pitcher: RHP Blane Abeyta: 0.2 IP, 4 H, 6 R, 6 ER, 2 BB, 1 HBP, 1 WP – 21 of 38 pitches were strikes (55%). Just a brutal performance.
    In Relief: LHP Ryan Anderson: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 2 ER, 2BB, 2 K – 25 of 43 pitches were strikes (58%)
    In Relief: RHP Carson Coleman: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K – 22 of 38 pitches were strikes (58%)
    In Relief: RHP Zach Cohn: 2.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 K – 28 of 48 pitches were strikes (58%)
    In Relief: LHP Clay Aguilar: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K – 18 of 25 pitches were strikes (72%)
    Heat check: DH Trevor Hauver: 1-4, R, 2 K – 1-for-9 in this series, and yet he’s still hitting .407/.514/1.111 this season.
    First round watch: SS Anthony Volpe: 0-3, 2 BB, K – hitless in last 15 plate appearances, but at least he drew a couple of walks today
    First round watch: C Austin Wells: 1-5, K

Leftovers: 2B Chad Bell, 3B Max Burt, CF Pat DeMarco, and RF Elijah Dunham picked up hits. Bell had a double. Dunham stole his sixth bag of the season

Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast