Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Voit 2-3 1hr, 2b, 3rbis. Hauver went deep again for his 6th hr in 5 games. This kid is off to unreal start.

Luis Medina 5.0IP, 1H,0ER, 2BB, 7KS . Season totals thru 2 starts.0.00ERA 9IN, 2H, 3BB, 15KS, 0 ERS, He's struck out 15 of the 33 hitters he faced. Wow, i would say he's picked up right where he left on in the Caribbean Series. If he has another couple games like this you would have to think they would bump him up to AA. So far hitters at this level haven't been able to touch him. With how he performed this winter and the start that he is off to, I wonder if he's even being challenged in High A?
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-09-2021 at 05:25 PM.

The RailRiders improved to 5-1 with a 15-10 victory over the Syracuse Mets today. It was a great day for the offense but a rough day for the pitchers, who walked 9 Mets even as they struck out 10.

Starting Pitcher: LHP Mike Montgomery: 3.1 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 4 BB, 2 K – just 47% of his pitches went for strikes…rough outing overall
    In Relief: RHP Kyle Barraclough: 0.2 IP, zeros, 2 BB, 1 K – 50% of his pitches were strikes
    In Relief: RHP Brooks Kriske: 0.2 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 1 BB, 2 K – 57% of his pitches were strikes…brutal outing for Kriske, who faced 8 batters and got just 2 outs(gotta wonder if he's in danger off pitching his way off the 40man)
    In Relief: RHP Braden Bristo: 1.1 IP, zeros, 1 K – retired all 4 batters he faced…threw 53% strikes
    In Relief: LHP Trevor Lane: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 2 K – 66% of his pitches were strikes
    In Relief: RHP Adam Warren: 1.1 IP, 2H, 1 R, 1 BB, 2 K – 57% of his pitches were strikes..he found the zone but got hit around in his second inning of work, as he through just 2 strikes in 8 pitches in the 8th
    Rehab Watch: DH Luke Voit: 2-5, 3 R, 1 2B,1 HR, 3 RBI, 1 BB, 2 K – dominant rehab for Voit, who might return as early as Tuesday, and he was almost 3-5

Corner Depth: 1B Chris Gittens: 1-3, 1 HR, 3 RBI
    Hitting Star: RF Trey Amburgey: 3-6, 1 2B, 1 HR, 5 RBI – holy smokes, this one was crushed:

Hitting Star: 3B Derek Deitrich: 2-4, 1 HR, 2 RBI
    Leftovers: quite a day for the offense…Socrates Brito (1), Kyle Holder (2), Rob Brantley (2), and Andrew Velazquez (2) each had hits on the day
    Somerset Patriots

The Patriots beat the Senators 6-5 today to improve to 5-1 on the season. I’d say they’ve earned tomorrow’s off day.

Starting Pitcher: RHP Luis Gil: 3.1 IP, 4 H, 5 R (3 ER), 3 BB, 5 K – 55% of his pitches were strikes…rough outing for Gil, who retired just 10 of the 18 he faced…still, he struck out 5 and was touching 97 on the gun…Mike Ashmore says he gave up some hard contact
    In Relief: RHP Jefry Valdez: 2.2 IP, zeros, 1 BB, 1 K – 60% of his pitches were strikes…faced 8 batters, recorded 8 outs…that’ll do
    In Relief: RHP Kevin Gadea: 2.0 IP, zeros, 2 K – 68% of his pitches were strikes…he mowed through the lineup
    In Relief: Keegan Curtis: 1.0 IP, zeros, 3 K – 75% of his pitches were strikes…needed just 12 pitches to get through the lineup
    Florial Watch: CF Estevan Florial: 1-3, 1 HR, 1 BB – it was another leadoff HR for Florial, who has 4 on the season…he does have 6 strikeouts in 19 at-bats, though, which is always the thing to watch with him
    Hitting Star: 2B Hoy Jun Park: 1-2, 2 R, 1 HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB

Leftovers: they scored 5 runs, but it was a relatively quiet day for the Patriots…Donny Sands had 2 hits…Diego Castillo and Brandon Wagner each had the other hits to round out the offense
    Hudson Valley Renegades
    The ‘Gades climbed back to .500 and improved to 3-3 on the season with a dominant 10-1 victory over the BlueClaws. As is always the case when he pitches, Luis Medina was the big story – he turned in another good performance today. He’s definitely my favorite prospect to follow right now.

Starting Pitcher: RHP Luis Medina: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 7 K – 58% of his pitches were strikes as he mowed through the opposition, facing 17 batters and recording 15 outs…he has 15 K in 9 innings on the season so far
    In Relief: RHP Mitch Spence: 2.o IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 4 K – 61% of his pitches were strikes
    In Relief: RHP Tanner Myatt: 1.o IP, zeros, 1 K – 56% of his pitches were strikes…needed 18 pitches to get through his inning of work
    In Relief: RHP Justin Wilson: 1.0 IP, zeros, 1 K – 64% of his pitches were strikes…Not That Justin Wilson hasn’t allowed a run so far in 2021
    Hitting Star: SS Oswald Peraza: 4-6, 2 R, 2 SB – first great game for Peraza, who is now hitting .269
    Hitting Star: 2B Ezequiel Duran: 2-5, 2 R, 1 3B, 1 RBI, 1 SB
    Catching Depth: C Josh Breaux: 1-2, 1 HR, 3 BB, 4 RBI

Leftovers: the ‘Gades had 14 hits…aside from the above, Brandon Lockridge (1), Eric Wagaman (1), Mickey Gasper (2), Steven Sensley (1, HR), and Cristian Perez (2) all had hits…‘Gades pitchers struck out 13 BlueClaws and walked just 2
    Tampa Tarpons
    The Tarpons showed that they are indeed mortal, dropping their first game of the season 4-1 today. They are 5-1 on the season. It was the first game in which they did not absolutely explode offensively, but they still scored 78 runs in 6 games this week. They earned their off-day tomorrow, that’s for sure.

Starting Pitcher: RHP Matt Sauer: 3.2 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 2 BB, 5 K – 60% of his pitches went for strikes…allowed two home runs…a rough second outing for the 22-year-old, who didn’t allow a run in 3.1 innings in his debut earlier this week
    In Relief: RHP Harold Cortijo: 2.1 IP, zeros, 1 BB, 3 K – 55% of his pitches were strikes…effectively wild, I guess, as he retired 7 of the 9 he faced…hit two batters and allowed and inherited runner to score
    In Relief: LHP Edgar Barclay: 2.0 IP, zeros, 1 BB, 4 K – 65% of his pitches went for strikes…also hit two batters
    In Relief: RHP Sean Boyle: 1.0 IP, zeros – 71% of his pitches were strikes…retired all 3 he faced
    First Round Watch: C Austin Wells: 1-4, 1 2B, 1 K
    Home Run Derby Alert: 2B Trevor Hauver: 1-4, 1 HR, 2 K – this was his 6th HR of the early season…even with a 1-4 day, he’s hitting .556, making him probably the hottest hitter in the minors right now
    Hitting Star: SS Max Burt: 2-4, 1 2B, 2 K – he’s hitting .429 on the year
    Leftovers: everyone not listed above went 1-20 with 11 K…Chad Bell had the hit

We have quite a few specs off to great starts, were seeing lots of very good things so farm down on the farm. The best part is alot of our best specs, especially position player wise, have even started the season yet because they will start the yr off in SS leagues .

Between what Florial reportedly hit at the ALT site to begin the yr, hitting around .300 with 6hrs and the start that he is off to, he's making a big statement that he still can be an elite player. If he keeps hitting like this and Hicks, Gardy and Frazier keep drastically under performing, he could force his way into the lineup discussion. He also has that he is a LHed power hitter with plus, plus speed on his side.

What do you say about Hauver at this point? he’s hitting .556, with6HRs & 13 RBI's in 4 games. Obviously he's not this good but you gotta start wondering if we didn't get a huge steal in the 3rd round. He's making a hell of a statement, as well as making his value skyrocket. It will be interesting to see how long he stays in lowA

Medina is off to one hell of a start and proving that his numbers from this winter and the improved command weren't a fluke. He's pitched 9IN, 0ER, only give up 2H and 3BB while striking out 15 of the 33 batters he's faced. Doesn't look like the hitters at High A can touch him. They wanted him to show that what he did this winter was for real and to gain confidence starting in High A. After 2 dominant starts he looks like he needs to face better competition. Then again with as good as his stuff is when he's on he probably won't face a real challenge until he gets to AAA

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Florial

Holy ****

Ignorance is bliss

6. 05-09-2021, 10:57 PM
    Reason
    trolling

Why was my post deleted? LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Homered in every game he has played with Tampa so far?

Call him up now! He is ready!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Homered in every game he has played with Tampa so far?

Call him up now! He is ready!
    Hope that was sarcasm since he is only in A ball right now. Would like to see him keep hitting hrs like that in AA before bringing him up
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-10-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    20-1 the above post was a negative about something.
    The post is ignored but it's been a while, since it posted in the prospect threat so I would bet there's a negativity to it.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    20-1 the above post was a negative about something.
    The post is ignored but it's been a while, since it posted in the prospect threat so I would bet there's a negativity to it.
    Join the club[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. 05-10-2021, 02:37 PM
    Reason
    Talking about deleted post

Medina and Hauver make the 1st All spec team of the yr https://www.mlb.com/news/prospect-te...eline-coverage If you scroll down to the Medina write up it has a video of 7ks from yesterday outing. Its shows how good his pitches looked , really impressive

Video of Medina's 8ks in 4IP from his 1st start https://twitter.com/i/status/1390340078510170116
    man he has some incredible movement/drop on his CB
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-10-2021 at 06:04 PM.

Nice article on Florial, with an interview from ESPN top spec guru Kiley McDaniels comparing Florial tools wise to Randy Arozarena
    https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/02/y...arozarena.html

Also in an interview, Yankees Coordinator of Baseball Development Mario Garza, said Florial hit 12!hrs in less than 200ABs at the alt site last yr .

Now that he has been healthy, hopefully he is putting it all together and he can be a great asset for us in the future
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-10-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Nice article on Florial, with an interview from ESPN top spec guru Kiley McDaniels comparing Florial tools wise to Randy Arozarena
    https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/02/y...arozarena.html

Also in an interview, Yankees Coordinator of Baseball Development Mario Garza, said Florial hit 17!hrs in less than 200ABs at the alt site last yr .

Now that he has been healthy, hopefully he is putting it all together and he can be a great asset for us in the future
    I read the article. It was 12, not 17... but still very impressive. Extrapolate that to 500 at bats and you have 30 homeruns.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    I read the article. It was 12, not 17... but still very impressive. Extrapolate that to 500 at bats and you have 30 homeruns.
    i'm getting old, lol you're right, i read the 2 as a 7 ... still very impressive.. we've always dreamed on his 30-30 type talent. It seem based on last yr and what he's doing this yr, he's finally found his power stoke.

With the kind of bat speed and hard contact he makes, especially being LHed, he could really thrive playing half his game with the short porch.

If he can come anywhere close to his ceiling, he's going to be special. He's got the floor of a very good 4th OFer but if he starts making consistent contact, Hicks is going to have trouble keeping his job

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    i'm getting old, lol you're right, i read the 2 as a 7 ... still very impressive.. we've always dreamed on his 30-30 type talent. It seem based on last yr and what he's doing this yr, he's finally found his power stoke.

With the kind of bat speed and hard contact he makes, especially being LHed, he could really thrive playing half his game with the short porch.

If he can come anywhere close to his ceiling, he's going to be special. He's got the floor of a very good 4th OFer but if he starts making consistent contact, Hicks is going to have trouble keeping his job
    I can see florial replacing hicks , that’s for sure

Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast