Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 94 of 103 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1543
    Baseball America
    @BaseballAmerica
    The Cubs acquired Kevin Alcantara from the Yankees in the Anthony Rizzo trade.

Alcantara promptly posted a 1.024 OPS in 34 games.

He's one of the 10 best prospects we saw in the Arizona Complex League.

https://baseballamerica.com/stories/...-10-prospects/

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Baseball America
    @BaseballAmerica
    The Cubs acquired Kevin Alcantara from the Yankees in the Anthony Rizzo trade.

Alcantara promptly posted a 1.024 OPS in 34 games.

He's one of the 10 best prospects we saw in the Arizona Complex League.

https://baseballamerica.com/stories/...-10-prospects/
    I wonder if the FO feels obligated to sign Rizzo because they will look foolish giving up Alcantara for a rental?

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I wonder if the FO feels obligated to sign Rizzo because they will look foolish giving up Alcantara for a rental?
    I wouldn't hate rizzo back on a very very short deal. Like 1 year, lol.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I wouldn't hate rizzo back on a very very short deal. Like 1 year, lol.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Same, I really wouldn't want to go two but I guess two wouldn't be the worst thing.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Same, I really wouldn't want to go two but I guess two wouldn't be the worst thing.
    Agree. At 32 wouldn't go more than 2 or even better 1 with an option and performance based incentives. Rizzo is a good player, has all the tools one would want. His glove is super, but age is a factor.

Rizzo's getting 3 years and if the Yankees don't sign him, the Red Sox will and he will hit 30 HRs around the Pesky pole.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Rizzo's getting 3 years and if the Yankees don't sign him, the Red Sox will and he will hit 30 HRs around the Pesky pole.
    If the Red Sox wanted him that bad they would've traded for him.

If i remember correctly, that was the only piece they traded at the deadline that i didn't want them to give up. Huge mistake giving him up for 3 months of a rental.

He and Roansy were 2 pieces they are going to regret moving

If the Red Sox wanted him that bad they would've traded for him.
    I don't remember for sure, but I thought they were in on him till we put Alcantara in that package and they didn't or couldn't top that offer. The Cubs got 2 very,very good specs for a rental

IDK Johnny. He'll be 33 near mid season, he's a nice player but do you want to commit 3 yrs? I thought the prevailing thinking was getting younger. Imo his prime production is behind him. He's making $11M this season, can't see committing to 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    IDK Johnny. He'll be 33 near mid season, he's a nice player but do you want to commit 3 yrs? I thought the prevailing thinking was getting younger. Imo his prime production is behind him. He's making $11M this season, can't see committing to 3 years.
    If we are committed to getting a LH 1B and can't get Matt Olson from the A's or Jarred Walsh from the Angels via trade, then Rizzo is probably the best and only option and it doesn't cost us any trade pieces, so we can use them elsewhere. I'm not saying that I'd go 3 years, but 2 years $35 million and a vesting option might work. Pretty much all our other choices are RH, except maybe Dominick Smith from the Mets and that's an iffy proposition, too. Even if we move Gallo there, he's a free agent at the end of next year and I'm not giving him $30 million per year, if he lasts the season.

If you can give me a better option, I'm all for it.

If we are committed to getting a LH 1B and can't get Matt Olson from the A's or Jarred Walsh from the Angels via trade, then Rizzo is probably the best and only option and it doesn't cost us any trade pieces, so we can use them elsewhere. I'm not saying that I'd go 3 years, but 2 years $35 million and a vesting option might work. Pretty much all our other choices are RH, except maybe Dominick Smith from the Mets and that's an iffy proposition, too. Even if we move Gallo there, he's a free agent at the end of next year and I'm not giving him $30 million per year, if he lasts the season.

If you can give me a better option, I'm all for it.
    No you have all the bases covered. Freeman and Olson were the only two that came to mind. The issue, as you clarified was the 3 years. I agree two with an option would work.

Johnny, is Brandon Belt an option? I don't know much about him. He's a lefty, same age as Rizzo, has some power, cheaper than Rizzo and may be willing to take a short term deal. There are some injury concerns, but they may be behind him. He's a FA with WS experience, which imo is worthy of mention. He was worth 2.7 WAR in 2021, slashed .274 .378 .597 .975. with 29 HR's in 325 AB's.

As I said don't know much about him, saw his name on the MLBTR FA list under 1B.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I would go as far as 2 with a club option for 3

Ignorance is bliss

I would go as far as 2 with a club option for 3
    So would I, i think the defense will age well and playing half his games with the short porch would hurt his offensive numbers.

Page 94 of 103 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast