Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 97 of 104 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1555
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    I'm standing by on 2 yrs with an easily attainable 3rd year option. His defense isn't just good, it'd platinum and he balances the lineup.
    A lot to like about Rizzo, particularly his glove. However he is 32, which imo is a consideration when discussing the term.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I hope they protect him

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I hope they protect him
    I don't think there is anyway they don't

MLB's Arizona Fall League
    @MLBazFallLeague

Presented by NFP, this weeks Hitter of the Week is New York Yankees prospect Austin Wells. Wells played in three games for the Saguaros, accumulating a slash line of .538/.600/1.154 with an OPS of 1.754 over the course of 13 at-bats.
    @Yankees

@YankeesPR

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Eli Fishman@elijfishman
    Welcome to the Yankees Prospect Report!

First up, Anthony Garcia, 21 year old Yankees prospect and one of the most powerful hitters in all of MILB.

video here: https://twitter.com/i/status/1452466772419006469
    It's strange how he didn't even make the yankees top 30 prospects. If he continues hitting like this next year, he's going to skyrocket up prospect lists.

I hope they protect him
    These are all the players that will be eligible.

Deivi
    Ridings
    Clarke
    Gil
    Florial
    Medina
    Gomez
    Sands
    Cabrera
    Breux
    Pereira
    Lockridge

I read on pinstripealley that the last 2 players are also eligible for the rule 5. I don't see how but i listed them anyway. Even without them there's still 10 other players on that list. How do they protect that many players while keeping nearly everyone on their current roster? We know Cashman hates letting go of players on his 26 man roster.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    It's strange how he didn't even make the yankees top 30 prospects. If he continues hitting like this next year, he's going to skyrocket up prospect lists.

These are all the players that will be eligible.

Deivi
    Ridings
    Clarke
    Gil
    Florial
    Medina
    Gomez
    Sands
    Cabrera
    Breux
    Pereira
    Lockridge

I read on pinstripealley that the last 2 players are also eligible for the rule 5. I don't see how but i listed them anyway. Even without them there's still 10 other players on that list. How do they protect that many players while keeping nearly everyone on their current roster? We know Cashman hates letting go of players on his 26 man roster.

If I am not mistaken, Garcia, Gil, Medina, Schmidt, Yoendrys Gomez, Peraza and Florial are on the 40 man so they are safe.
    (I believe that if you are on the 40 man, you are protected)

That leaves,
    Ridings
    Sands
    Cabrera
    Breux
    Pereira
    Lockridge

I will be shocked if they don't make room for Cabrera, Periera, Sands

Leutge and Kluber clear space. I could see them moving Peralta or Rodrguez to make another spot.
    Brantley should be gone.
    Odor should be gone but that contract could be tough to move. It has a buyout next year but it's 12 on the books this year. I believe most of that is being paid for by Texas but IMO it's a waste of roster space.

I think they make an effort room for all those guys except, Ridings, Lockridge and Breaux. There may end up being room for them but I would guess those would be the 3 to be the last on list.

Ignorance is bliss

If I am not mistaken, Garcia, Gil, Medina, Schmidt, Yoendrys Gomez, Peraza and Florial are on the 40 man so they are safe.
    (I believe that if you are on the 40 man, you are protected)

That leaves,
    Ridings
    Sands
    Cabrera
    Breux
    Pereira
    Lockridge

I will be shocked if they don't make room for Cabrera, Periera, Sands

Leutge and Kluber clear space. I could see them moving Peralta or Rodrguez to make another spot.
    Brantley should be gone.
    Odor should be gone but that contract could be tough to move. It has a buyout next year but it's 12 on the books this year. I believe most of that is being paid for by Texas but IMO it's a waste of roster space.

I think they make an effort room for all those guys except, Ridings, Lockridge and Breaux. There may end up being room for them but I would guess those would be the 3 to be the last on list.

You know, i always thought players could come off and on the 40 man every year, but if what i'm reading is correct, they need to be DFA'd if a team did that.

Pretty sure the yankees are going to buy out Odor's contract, which would effectively end his baseball career. I don't see any team picking him up under any circumstances. As for Ridings, lockridge and Breaux, I don't think the yankees can afford to lose these players over the rule 5. That would be very dumb. I think we can see huge years out of at least 2 of those 3, if not all 3. Not to mention, both lockridge and breaux field integral positions making them a lot more valuable. And the yankees could potentially use someone like Ridings as a future setup man or closer. I wouldn't sacrifice any of them even though they're not as valuable as a Volpe, Dominguez or Peraza.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 10-28-2021 at 02:50 AM.

If they could, in an ideal world, the Yankees should sign Seager and trade with the A's for Olsen and Manaea immediately to get the best deal possible before MLB puts a moratorium on transactions, during a lockout. It is only a couple of weeks between the World Series and the expiration of the CBA, so it is probably not possible. However, if they could, the A's might be more flexible dumping the salary facing the uncertainty.

I'm sure it would never happen until the new CBA is signed.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    If they could, in an ideal world, the Yankees should sign Seager and trade with the A's for Olsen and Manaea immediately to get the best deal possible before MLB puts a moratorium on transactions, during a lockout. It is only a couple of weeks between the World Series and the expiration of the CBA, so it is probably not possible. However, if they could, the A's might be more flexible dumping the salary facing the uncertainty.

I'm sure it would never happen until the new CBA is signed.
    Yep.

Thus far, the Arizona Fall League has proven to be extremely hitter-friendly, with a league composite ERA over 6.00. The squad that has all the Yankees prospects (Surprise) has a league-leading 4.29 team ERA. In 2019, every team in the league had an ERA under that, with five of the six teams compiling an ERA under 4.00. There is a team in 2021 (Mesa) with 100 runs scored in only 12 games.

How are the Yankees’ prospects doing in this environment?

Here are some of the numbers, with Rule 5 eligibility noted. In case you are wondering, Surprise is currently 9-3 and in first place in their division.

1B/3B Andres Chaparro (Eligible): .208/.345/.375 (5-for-24; 1 double, 1 HR, 6 RBI, 4 RS, 4 BB, 5 K) -> This is a decision that the Yankees will need to make this winter. Personally, I don’t know how they get him on the 40-man roster, though I would like to see them try. However, the Yankees did place him here to get a closer look (with the added benefit of scouts from other organizations getting a look). With all the “noise” in the system this season, Chaparro’s .267/.381/.468 line between Tampa/Hudson Valley was easy to overlook. Unlike many other prospects, his BB% went up upon leaving the automated strike zone league.
    OF Elijah Dunham (Not Eligible): .344/.475/.625 (11-for-32; 1 double, 1 triple, 2 HR, 6 RBI, 7 RS, 7 BB, 2 K, 6-for-6 SB) -> Dunham could get to MLB quickly. He should be handed a chance to clear the Double-A hurdle in 2022.
    C Austin Wells (Not Eligible): .357/.471/.643 (10-for-28; 3 doubles, 1 triple, 1 HR, 6 RBI, 6 R, 6 BB, 8 K) -> Whether he stays at catcher or not, the bat should play at the higher levels and (eventually) MLB.

Former Yankees farmhand Ezequiel Duran is playing on the same squad. He is 13-for-28 with four doubles and four triples. The league is very much insane.

On the hill:

RHP Zach Greene (Not Eligible): 3.1 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 K -> He didn’t get the “pitchers are not allowed to pitch well in Arizona” memo. Greene was very good in the minors this season. The fact that he isn’t eligible for the Rule 5 for another year is helpful, as many of their advanced relief prospects are eligible this winter.
    RHP Tanner Myatt (Eligible): 2.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 BB, 4 K -> The big kid with the golden arm didn’t pitch much in 2021. Control issues have followed him around. I doubt he will be protected.
    RHP Harold Cortijo (Eligible): 4 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 6 BB, 2 K -> The Yankees won’t be protecting Cortijo, who tossed a total of 10.1 innings in A-ball this season.
    LHP Clay Aguilar (Not Eligible): 3 IP, 9 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 1 BB, 0 K – Aguilar was a dominant force in 52 innings down in Tampa/Hudson Valley this season. He posted a 71/11 K/BB ratio to go along with his 1.90 ERA. His eligibility is far in the future (2024).
    RHP Blane Abeyta (Not Eligible): 2.1 IP, 3 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 3 BB, 2 K

Yankees prospects are turning heads in the Arizona Fall League
    The Yankees outfield prospect is among the top offensive performers so far in the 2021 AFL.
    By Dan Kelly Nov 1, 2021, 10:00am EDT

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/...eball-home-run

BA updated their top 10 list...
    Anthony Volpe, SS
    Oswald Peraza, SS
    Jasson Dominguez, OF
    Luis Gil, RHP
    Austin Wells, C
    Hayden Wesneski, RHP
    Trey Sweeney, SS
    Oswaldo Cabrera, 2B/3B
    Luis Medina, RHP
    Ken Waldichuk, LHP

Peraza jumping Dominguez is a big deal, that should put him in the 30-40 range.

What a jump by Wesneski, i didn't see alot of him down the stretch but it must have been beyond impressive.

Waldi deserves to be higher, i still believe he's probably our best pitching spec.

Peirera being left off is a joke, he should be a top 5 guy
    Last edited by dayners81; 11-01-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    BA updated their top 10 list...
    Anthony Volpe, SS
    Oswald Peraza, SS
    Jasson Dominguez, OF
    Luis Gil, RHP
    Austin Wells, C
    Hayden Wesneski, RHP
    Trey Sweeney, SS
    Oswaldo Cabrera, 2B/3B
    Luis Medina, RHP
    Ken Waldichuk, LHP

Peraza jumping Dominguez is a big deal, that should put him in the 30-40 range.

What a jump by Wesneski, i didn't see alot of him down the stretch but it must have been beyond impressive.

Waldi deserves to be higher, i still believe he's probably our best pitching spec.

Peirera being left off is a joke, he should be a top 5 guy
    I can see why Peraza and volpe are both ahead of Dominguez . They are the closest on that list to being part of the main roster full time . Atkeast when it comes to position players
    Last edited by Posada20; 11-01-2021 at 03:40 PM.

https://www.milb.com/somerset/video/...t-for-patriots He's got an odd arm motion but the stuff looks really, really good. He's been in the upper 90's with his FB and that SL is filthy

Also from BA:

PROJECTED 2025 LINEUP

Catcher: Austin Wells (25)
    First Base: DJ Lemahieu (36)
    Second Base: Gleyber Torres (28)
    Third Base: Anthony Volpe (23)
    Shortstop: Oswald Peraza (24)
    Left Field: Joey Gallo (31)
    Center Field: Jasson Dominguez (22)
    Right Field: Aaron Judge (32)
    Designated Hitter: Giancarlo Stanton (35)

No. 1 Starter: Gerrit Cole (34)
    No. 2 Starter: Luis Severino (31)
    No. 3 Starter: Jordan Montgomery (32)
    No. 4 Starter: Luis Gil (26)
    No. 5 Starter: Hayden Wesneski (27)
    Closer: Luis Medina (26)

Page 97 of 104 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast