Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Yankees’ Oswald Peraza will draw trade deadline attention
    By Dan Martin June 11, 2021 | 7:38pm | Updated

There’s no doubt Peraza, who will turn 21 on Tuesday, could someday help in The Bronx, but with the Yankees still in third place in the AL East, the shortstop will draw interest from teams looking for talent in the farm system if the Yankees make a move to add major league talent.

https://nypost.com/2021/06/11/yankee...ine-attention/

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    **** that.

For Bieber or the like? Ok. Anything other than a star would be flat out waste of a prospect

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    **** that.

For Bieber or the like? Ok. Anything other than a star would be flat out waste of a prospect
    would you do it for a Max Scherzer or Zack Greinke? (aging and entering FA pitchers)

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    would you do it for a Max Scherzer or Zack Greinke? (aging and entering FA pitchers)
    No.

In these examples:

Max pulled after 12 pitches last night due to an undisclosed injury.

Grenkie: He was open about his anxiety and I respect that. But, I don't think it would do well in the NY circus.

Neither are currently available.

I'm aware you may be using them as just an example.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I saw that, He's just doesn't have anything left to prove at this level. I'll be genuinely shocked if he's not in the top 50 specs by the end of the season. Waldi has ked 9 or more hitters in 4 of his first 6 starts. He's given up more walks,12 than hits 9. He's got 48ks in 24.2 innings, so that puts him around 17K/9 which is crazy high for a starter. Cole is around 10.5K/9 for his career. His AVG against is .122, WHIP is 0.78 and still hasn't given up a run this yr. He's absolutely been utterly dominate and why they are keeping him in High A i don't gets

BTW our buddy, Roansy Contreras was recently mentioned by both KLaw and Callis as the best pitcher they have seen this yr in AA and he should be in their rotation by the end of the yr.. I Roansy stays healthy he's going to make us desperately regret trading him for Taillon
    If you want a pitcher with 2 TJ surgeries, sometimes you need to sacrifice your top prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Hell no

I wouldn't give up a kid who could be an every day SS with plusses in every category for a rental or guy who is on his way out.

This is my spoiled yankee approach to trades. If they hadn't won one in 50 years and that pitcher would get them over the hump? Sure. But now? No
    Last edited by Kinkotheclown; 06-12-2021 at 08:39 PM.

Ignorance is bliss

Ok guys, Doc Gooden ring a bell? The reason I mention him is because he was called from A ball to the majors. Clemens made it after just 11 minor league starts including only 7 in AA
    Kershaw did it after 25 games in the minors including only 5 at AA
    King Felix pitched only 30 or so minor league games and only 10 at AA.

This Yankee team needs 2 starters. Who do you throw into the fire? I think we will see Gil. He's on the 40 man. He's been very good at AA. After Tallion's start yesterday and the Sevy set back, they have to promote someone besides Garcia.
    I would even go as far to say, **** it and bring up Waldichuck and Gil. Garcia has not been very good in AAA

Who are you choices from within to fill the 2 holes in the rotation?

Ignorance is bliss

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Sounds like

Luis Medina
    Ken Waldichuk
    Hayden Wesneski

Are all being promoted to Double-A Somerset this week.

As per Josh Norris of Baseball America.

He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Hayden Wesneski 7IN, 2H, 2BB, 0ER, 9KS 1.49ERA

Excited to see if Waldichuk will keep his scoreless streatk alive

I'm wondering what they do with the guys in the AA rotation. Do Gil and Spear maybe get called up to AAA? Adding 3 new guys to the rotation at 1 time could create quite the log jam.

I'm very much looking forward to see how this group pitches at double A. They have all been dominate at high A, so i can't imagine they would completely struggle at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Sounds like

Luis Medina
    Ken Waldichuk
    Hayden Wesneski

Are all being promoted to Double-A Somerset this week.

As per Josh Norris of Baseball America.

I wonder if this is signaling an acceptance to the season and we may see a few of these guys sooner than later.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I wonder if this is signaling an acceptance to the season and we may see a few of these guys sooner than later.
    At this point, they should do just that. As we stand now we have a ton of questions that they need answered before the end of the yr. They have to figure how much starting pitching they are going to have to shop for this winter.

Double A has always been the test to see if spec are contenders or pretenders.

I just hope this isn't a move to showcase this group for potential trades at the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    At this point, they should do just that. As we stand now we have a ton of questions that they need answered before the end of the yr. They have to figure how much starting pitching they are going to have to shop for this winter.

Double A has always been the test to see if spec are contenders or pretenders.

I just hope this isn't a move to showcase this group for potential trades at the deadline
    That is terrifying

Ignorance is bliss

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (23-11): Luke Voit returned for a second rehab stint, and his teammates provided plenty of firepower while Scranton pitching shut down Buffalo in an 8-0 win.

Star of the Game: Ryan LaMarre – 4-for-5, 1 home run (1), 3 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout. After a brief big-league cameo was cut short by a hamstring injury, LaMarre is back in Triple-A and had a day to remember
    Luke Voit: 1-for-3, 1 double, 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout
    Estevan Florial: 3-for-4, 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout. Florial was clearly overmatched and needed a break from the leadoff role. RailRiders skipper Doug Davis has dropped him to fifth in the order, and just like that, Florial notched his first three-hit game at Triple-A and just his second multi-hit outing
    Derek Dietrich: 1-for-3, 1 home run (3), 3 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout. Dietrich provided the big blow in a six-run fourth inning
    Nick Nelson: 3.2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K, 57 pitches (35 strikes)
    Adam Warren: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K, 41 pitches (26 strikes)
    Brooks Kriske: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 14 pitches (9 strikes)
    Sal Romano: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K, 16 pitches (12 strikes)
    Luis García: 1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 15 pitches (11 strikes)

Janson Junk pitching for the Somerset Patriots on May 7, 2021. (Chris Jones)

Somerset Patriots (22-13): An absolute gem from Janson Junk and a pair of RBIs from Michael Beltre were all the Patriots needed in a 2-0 win over Erie.

Star of the Game: Janson Junk – 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 9 K, 84 pitches (54 strikes). In by far his best start of a solid season, Junk pitched past the fourth inning for the first time and lowered his ERA to 0.93
    Oswald Peraza: 1-for-4, 1 strikeout
    Oswaldo Cabrera: 1-for-4, 1 double, 1 strikeout
    Diego Castillo: 1-for-3, 1 double, 1 run scored, 1 walk
    Michael Beltre: 1-for-3, 1 home run (5), 2 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout. Beltre’s RBI groundout scored the Patriots’ first run, and his solo home run in the ninth inning sealed the deal
    Kevin Gadea: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K, 29 pitches (17 strikes)
    Ron Marinaccio: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 11 pitches (7 strikes)
    Greg Weissert: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 0 K, 17 pitches (8 strikes). Weissert has four saves now – if there’s one criticism of the Long Island native’s game, it’s that he’s walked five and hit three batters in his 12.2 innings

Hudson Valley Renegades (20-14): Every team had at least some success this week, but none had a better one than the Renegades. They took five of six on the road from the Cyclones, closing out the series by scoring five runs in the eighth and ninth after another rock-solid start from Hayden Wesneski to win 5-0.

Star of the Game: Hayden Wesneski – 7 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 9 K, 84 pitches (56 strikes). With an efficient seven frames – his first time pitching past the sixth inning this year – Wesneski made an emphatic statement. In seven starts and 36.1 innings, he’s rocking a 47:9 strikeout to walk ratio and a 1.49 ERA
    Josh Smith: 1-for-5, 1 double, 2 RBI, 1 run scored, 2 strikeouts. Smith’s double in the eighth broke the scoreless tie
    Ezequiel Duran: 1-for-3, 1 run scored, 2 walks, 2 strikeouts
    Josh Breaux: 1-for-5, 1 double, 1 RBI, 1 strikeout

Eric Wagaman: 1-for-4, 1 double, 1 RBI, 1 strikeout
    Frederick Cuevas: 2-for-3, 2 doubles, 1 run scored, 1 walk. Cuevas posted his first game with more than one extra-base hit on the year and his first multi-hit game since May 27
    Eduardo Torrealba: 2-for-4, 1 run scored
    Nick Ernst: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 12 pitches (9 strikes)
    Zach Greene: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 14 pitches (9 strikes)

Austin Wells (Photo by John Brophy/Pinstriped Prospects)

Tampa Tarpons (26-10): Tampa leads the system in wins and completed a 4-2 week with a 12-5 beatdown of Clearwater that saw four different Tarpons bash home runs.

Star of the Game: Carlos Narvaez: 1-for-1, 1 home run (2), 3 RBI, 2 runs scored, 4 walks. Narvaez posted a perfect OBP on the afternoon, and his first-inning home run with two on and two out set the tone for the rest of the game
    Trevor Hauver: 0-for-5, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts. On an off day for Anthony Volpe, Hauver was called upon to bat leadoff
    Austin Wells: 2-for-5, 1 home run (4), 1 RBI, 2 runs scored, 1 walk. Is Wells finally finding his power stroke? He’s now gone deep in three consecutive games
    Jake Sanford: 2-for-5, 3 runs scored, 1 walk, 1 strikeout
    Andres Chaparro: 2-for-5, 1 home run (4), 2 RBI, 2 runs scored, 1 strikeout. After the Threshers closed the gap to 3-2 in the second inning, Chaparro came right back with a blast to restore the three-run lead
    Juan De Leon: 2-for-5, 1 home run (3), 1 double, 3 RBI, 1 run scored, 3 strikeouts. All three of De Leon’s home runs have come in the month of June
    Beck Way: 2 IP, 1 H, 2 ER, 4 BB, 1 K, 39 pitches (16 strikes). There was some hype around the fourth-round pick coming into the year – he hasn’t been bad, but the seven walks in 7.2 innings are an eyesore
    Edgar Barclay: 3 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 58 pitches (37 strikes)
    Nelvin Correa: 3 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 4 K, 38 pitches (24 strikes). A well-deserved win for the 24-year-old, who has allowed just two earned runs all season
    Wellington Diaz: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K, 14 pitches (7 strikes)

Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast