Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Yankees’ options if they don’t sign a top shortstop: Sherman

By Joel Sherman
    November 11, 2021 4:47pm Updated

".....I would not bet against them solving their shortstop need with an elite (also expensive) solution. But there also are ways all those avenues close."

https://nypost.com/2021/11/11/yankee...n-free-agency/

Sounds to me like Sherman has been reading our board! He should at least give us a mention!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Hell yeah Doc.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    By Joel Sherman
    November 11, 2021 4:47pm Updated

".....I would not bet against them solving their shortstop need with an elite (also expensive) solution. But there also are ways all those avenues close."

https://nypost.com/2021/11/11/yankee...n-free-agency/

Sounds to me like Sherman has been reading our board! He should at least give us a mention!
    You mean the same guys who’v been screaming for Gleyber to go to second base for 1 1/2 years? Ahhhhh what do we know????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they spend, you gotta go get Correa or Seager, if you don't end up with one of those 2 you go with Peraza and put the money else where. IMO, unless its at max a 2yr deal, the other SS don't make alot of sense for what they are going to cost

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    If they spend, you gotta go get Correa or Seager, if you don't end up with one of those 2 you go with Peraza and put the money else where. IMO, unless its at max a 2yr deal, the other SS don't make alot of sense for what they are going to cost
    1) Seager - top pick if we sign a SS. LH bat, etc.
    2) Semien for 4-5 years might make sense, if you trade Torres in a package for Castillo and sign Rizzo for 2 years. Then DJ starts the year at 2B and moves to 3B when Peraza is ready and Semien shifts to 2B.
    3) Story for 2 years is possible
    4) Simmons for 1 year is a stop gap
    5) Baez - Not on your life
    6) Correa - I strongly prefer not to

I do't know if you guys caught it and it wasn't in any article of merit but I did see a comment regarding Correa saying Jeter didn't deserve to win his GGs.
    It looks like a slander campaign because there isn't even a quote from Correa but FWIW

https://calltothepen.com/2021/11/10/...d-derek-jeter/

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I do't know if you guys caught it and it wasn't in any article of merit but I did see a comment regarding Correa saying Jeter didn't deserve to win his GGs.
    It looks like a slander campaign because there isn't even a quote from Correa but FWIW

https://calltothepen.com/2021/11/10/...d-derek-jeter/
    Saw it. Agree with you- something stinks.

Saw it. Agree with you- something stinks.

I wanted to post it to see if anyone had seen anything of substance related to it.
    Would I be shocked if at some point in his career, he said that? Nope. He certainly wouldn't be alone in his feelings.
    But the timing of this is funny

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I wanted to post it to see if anyone had seen anything of substance related to it.
    Would I be shocked if at some point in his career, he said that? Nope. He certainly wouldn't be alone in his feelings.
    But the timing of this is funny
    The bigger question is, would it matter to anyone if he did? Remember when Arod burned Jeter and no one cared? What about when Roger Clemens once intentionally drilled Bernie in the head, and i think the vast majority of fans felt it was intentional, but yet literally everyone and their mother was ecstatic he was traded to the yankees. Cashman also had no problem with a pitcher who head hunts his own players. There is almost no line too far enough to cross.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 11-14-2021 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    The bigger question is, would it matter to anyone if he did? Remember when Arod burned Jeter and no one cared? What about when Roger Clemens once intentionally drilled Bernie in the head, and i think the vast majority of fans felt it was intentional, but yet literally everyone and their mother was ecstatic he was traded to the yankees. Cashman also had no problem with a pitcher who head hunts his own players. There is almost no line too far enough to cross.
    Perhaps I'm the exception, but I didn't want Clemens, I didn't want Damon, I didn't want Youkadoosh and I considered signing Ellsbury a fireable offense. Now, I truly don't want Correa at any price, let alone $35 million per year.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Perhaps I'm the exception, but I didn't want Clemens, I didn't want Damon, I didn't want Youkadoosh and I considered signing Ellsbury a fireable offense. Now, I truly don't want Correa at any price, let alone $35 million per year.
    And Signing Wade Boggs didn’t exactly make my day either!
    Correa is a no go with me as well

I love Boggs. Loved Clemens. Loved Damon. Hated the rest.

I don't want Correa.

Ignorance is bliss

And and and when Pedro was a free agent I wanted absolutely positively no part whatsoever of him!!! That may have been the straw to break the camels back.
    Matter of fact seeing him walk off the mound during game 6 in 2009 after we b slapped him in two games may have been the best part of that series

I didn't care for any of them, Ellsbury and Damon top the list. Once they were Yankees I supported them. I have no problem with Correa (money notwithstanding). Yes he has some baggage, but for gods sake they are pros, put it to bed and just win. The Yanks have had multiple steroid users, wife beaters, gamblers and alcoholics, is Correa much worse?

I didn't care for any of them, Ellsbury and Damon top the list. Once they were Yankees I supported them. I have no problem with Correa (money notwithstanding). Yes he has some baggage, but for gods sake they are pros, put it to bed and just win. The Yanks have had multiple steroid users, wife beaters, gamblers and alcoholics, is Correa much worse?
    Yes.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast