Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Florial is 2-2 with 2 HRs, 5RBI's, 1BB

Hauver concerningly isn't playing tonight. I hope its just a day off or that they decided to move him up a level after a scorching start

Tampa scored 25 tonight my god haha. Definitely concerning about Hauver not being in the lineup after just two games where they couldn't get him out.

Starting Pitcher: RHP Nick Green: 2.1 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 3 K – 30 of his 53 pitches (57%) went for strikes…he retired just 7 of the 13 batters he faced…rough debut for the 26-year-old
    In Relief: RHP Nestor Cortes Jr.: 2.2 IP, zeros, 4 K – 64% of his pitches were strikes…dominant performance for the 2019 Yankee big leaguer
    Rehab Watch: 1B Luke Voit: 0-3, 1 R, 1 BB, 2 K – the rehabbing Bomber was pulled before the rain delay…he is 4-9 with a HR, 2B, and 2BB in Scranton so far
    Spring Training Hero: DH Chris Gittens: 1-1, 3 BB, 2 R, 2 RBI – weird but good line for the spring training exit velo star
    Catching Depth: C Robinson Chirinos: 3-3, 1 R, 1 RBI, 1 HR – nice night for the recovering Chirinos…he will be important depth for the big league squad
    Leftovers: Greg Allen (2), Trey Amburgey, and Ryan LaMarre all added hits…the RailRiders walked 8 times and struck out 7
    Somerset Patriots

Somerset improved to 3-1 with a dominating 10-2 performance over the Harrisburg Senators. Estevan Florial continues to mash home runs, adding two more today, while Patriots pitchers struck out 12 and walked 4.

Starting Pitcher: RHP Janson Junk: 3.2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 4 K – 64% of his pitches were strikes, decent night overall
    In Relief: JP Sears: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 3 K – 60% of his pitches went for strikes
    In Relief: Stephen Ridings: 2.0 IP, zeros, 4 K – 71% of his pitches were strikes…in 3 innings so far, Ridings has 5 K, 1 BB, and 0 hits allowed…not bad
    In Relief: RHP Greg Weissert: 1.0 IP, zeros, 1 K – 88% of his pitches went for strikes
    Florial Watch: DH Estevan Florial: 2-3, 2 HR, 4 RBI, 2 BB, 1 K – a great night for Florial, who hit his 2nd leadoff HR of the season…could have been even bigger, too, but he struck out with the bases loaded
    Bottom of the Order Madness: Thomas Milone, Michael Beltre, Zack Zehner, and Brandon Wagner went 8-15 with 2 2B, 4 RBI, and 5 BB from the 6-9 slots in the lineup
    Leftovers: Oswaldo Cabrera, Diego Castillo, and Donny Sands were 0-12 with three walks
    Hudson Valley Renegades
    The Renegades fall to 1-3 on the early season with a 1-0 loss to the Jersey Shore BlueClaws. The pitching staff was honestly great – they allowed just 1 hit and struck out 9 – but a few wild pitches did them in. Tough loss.

Starting Pitcher: RHP Jhony Brito: 5.0 IP, 1 H, 0 BB, 2 K – the 23-year-old threw 75% strikes tonight and really mowed through the competition, even though his K rate was low…dominant performance
    In Relief: RHP Charlie Ruegger: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 5 K – 53% of his offerings went for strikes…tough loss for the righty, but a walk, a stolen base, and two wild pitches will do you in
    In Relief: LHP Matt Minnick: 1.0 IP, 2 K – 62% of his pitches went for strikes
    Hit Alert: LF Pablo Olivares: 1-3, 1 BB, 1 K
    Hit Alert x2: C Mickey Gaspar: 1-3, 1 2B, 1 BB, 1 K
    Hit Alert x3: 2B Oliver Dunn: 1-4, 2 K
    Leftovers: a brutal night for everyone else at the dish…Oswald Peraza and Ezequiel Duran were a combined 0-7 with 2 K and a walk, though Peraza did steal a base…pretty lifeless otherwise, a few walks aside
    Tampa Tarpons
    Lol, the Tarpons beat the Blue Jays 25-10. They had 18 hits and 11 walks, with just 3 HR. Scoring 25 runs on 3 HR is honestly pretty damn impressive to me. Talk about a ridiculous game. They’re 4-0 on the season with the victory.

Starting Pitcher: LHP Ryan Anderson: 1.1 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 2 BB, 2 K – 60% of his pitches were strikes…but he got just 4 outs while facing 10 batters
    In Relief: RHP Blane Abeyta: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 2 R (1 ER), 2 BB, 2 K – 60% of his pitches went for strikes…again, though, a Tampa pitcher struggled to get outs…Abeyta retired just 5 of the 11 he faced
    In Relief: LHP Ben Keizer: 1.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 3 K– 55% of his pitches went for strikes…he retired 50% of those he faced, but struck out 100% of those he got out…modern pitching, baby
    In Relief: Michael Giacone: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 1 K – 54% of his pitches went for strikes
    In Relief: RHP Nelvin Correa: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 K – 66% of his pitches were strikes
    In Relief: RHP Carson Coleman: 1.0 IP, 1 H, 1 WP, 1 BB, 1 K – just 44% of his pitches were strikes, in a 15-run game in the 9th inning…not great
    First Round Watch: SS Anthony Volpe: 1-4, 3 R, 1 2B, 3 BB, 1 K, 1 SB – Volpe is hitting .412 in the early season
    First Round Watch: C Austin Wells: 0-4, 2 BB, 2 R, 1 K – weird that Tampa scored 25 with just 1 hit from their top 2 hitters

Hitting Star: 3B Andres Chaparro: 3-5, 2 2B, 4 RBI, 1 BB
    Hitting Star: 1B Spencer Henson: 3-3, 3 R, 1 HR, 4 RBI
    Hitting Star: literally everyone else…Pat DeMarco had 4 hits, a HR, and 7 RBi…Max Burt had 3 hits and a HR…Elijah Dunham and Juan de Leon each had a hit

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Florial is 2-2 with 2 HRs, 5RBI's, 1BB

Hauver concerningly isn't playing tonight. I hope its just a day off or that they decided to move him up a level after a scorching start
    Maybe they're resting him after a hard 3 days in a row lol

I certainly didn't say he is or was going to be a star. I said if Hauver can hit as well as Solak at the MLB level, we'll be happy with that result.

I didn't even say Solak was a star, just a pretty good player
    My response was simply my take on him. It had nothing to do with your mention of him or solak.

They should move Florial to AAA. One injury to the OF and he will be needed and he has already been in the big leagues before even if it was just for a game or two. Might as well see what he can do at the next highest level before the bigs.

Florial continues to impress at double A. Whats exciting about that is other than the ALT site he's never played above highA. The only thing that has been holding him back is his pitch recognition/ K%. He's hitting .333/.412/1.478 with 3hrs ,2 2Bs, 5RBI's, 2BB & 4Rs so far and reportedly was hitting over .300 with 6HRs during his time at the ALT site this spring.
    He's been ready defensively for a while now but if he can continue to tap into his immense offensive potential, he could really impact this roster at some point this yr. Hopefully he can regain all his top spec shine that he has lost the last couple yrs he's still only 23

Anthony Volpe continues to look great and proving me wrong about being a terrible pick. He's looked really good defensively at SS and is hitting .462/.588/1.434 with more BB 4 than K's 2, with 5RBI and 3 SB so far. He's also close to 2yrs younger than the average player at his level. You gotta kinda wonder if Perza is still really struggling still in a couple weeks in High A if they might not swap them...

I'd love to know the reason Hauver didn't play tonight after being off to such a scorching hot start. We gotta hope its nothing serious.

Another exciting night on the farm, can't wait till the SS league starts so we can finally get a look at some of these IFA kids we've been hearing about the last couple yrs

Anyone know where Josh Smith and Anthony Seigler are for hitters and Vizcaino and Gomez for pitchers?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Day, thanks for posting the box scores and details. It's really cool.

So Florial has 4 hits this year? 3 HR and a Double?

The bases loaded K is what I would like to see him improve upon. Like we've said, with his speed, he has to get the ball in play. Pressure on the defense is always good.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    They should move Florial to AAA. One injury to the OF and he will be needed and he has already been in the big leagues before even if it was just for a game or two. Might as well see what he can do at the next highest level before the bigs.
    I would love that but I can also seeing them holding him back till he is making more contact when needed.
    I would guess Amburgey or Allen would get the call. Both are solid in AAA and both play good D and can run.

Ignorance is bliss

Anyone know where Josh Smith and Anthony Seigler are for hitters and Vizcaino and Gomez for pitchers?
    Josh Smith is on the DL. Seigler I'm not sure but if he's not on the DL it's probably a nagging type day to day injury

Tampa scored 25 tonight my god haha. Definitely concerning about Hauver not being in the lineup after just two games where they couldn't get him out.
    Hauver back in the lineup tonight batting 2nd. Strange they sat him after being off to such a hot start....then again since he looks like a hitting star they are probably putting him on the load management plan so he can get used to resting every 5th day

I thought that i read that Seigler was going to start the season in high A. Vizcaino had some tightness in his arm and they shut him down for about a week towards the middle of ST. All the test came back clean, he's been working a throwing program and is expected to be back soon. He's expected to be in the high A rotation with Medina when he gets back.

I read an interview with Briend about 2 weeks ago and he absolutely raved about Gomez, who much work he did last yr and the huge strides he had made with his velo and off-speed stuff. He added a hard tight SL and was sitting 97-98 and touched 100 in ST.

In that interview Briend seemed like he was healthy and that Gomez was expected to start the yr in High A with Medina and Viz, giving them quite the 3 headed monster. MILB.com have him listed as the expected starter tomorrow but i have no idea if that accurate
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-08-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Hauver back in the lineup tonight batting 2nd. Strange they sat him after being off to such a hot start....then again since he looks like a hitting star they are probably putting him on the load management plan so he can get used to resting every 5th day

I thought that i read that Seigler was going to start the season in high A. Vizcaino had some tightness in his arm and they shut him down for about a week towards the middle of ST. All the test came back clean, he's been working a throwing program and is expected to be back soon. He's expected to be in the high A rotation with Medina when he gets back.

I read an interview with Briend about 2 weeks ago and he absolutely raved about Gomez, who much work he did last yr and the huge strides he had made with his velo and off-speed stuff. He added a hard tight SL and was sitting 97-98 and touched 100 in ST.

In that interview Briend seemed like he was healthy and that Gomez was expected to start the yr in High A with Medina and Viz, giving them quite the 3 headed monster. MILB.com have him listed as the expected starter tomorrow but i have no idea if that accurate
    Vizcaino is on the 60-day DL according to the HV website.
    Gomez is on the 7-day DL.

Seigler is on the 7-day DL.

Freicer Perez is back on the 60-day DL

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Day, thanks for posting the box scores and details. It's really cool.

So Florial has 4 hits this year? 3 HR and a Double?

The bases loaded K is what I would like to see him improve upon. Like we've said, with his speed, he has to get the ball in play. Pressure on the defense is always good.
    No worries.

Florial actually has 5 hits, 2 doubles and 3hrs and is hitting 333/.412/1.067 overall. I agree i would much rather see Florial taking off speed pitches the other way but i'm still thrilled to see him off to such a hot start in AA.

Florial has always been a toolshed, he just needed to learn how to recognize off speed stuff. With the start that Florial is off to between the ALT site, hitting around .300 with 6hrs and what he's doing at AA so far, i'm really hoping he turned the corner last yr. Florial has always been know as a gym rat, with an incredible work ethic and an immense desire to improve everyday, to go along with his natural elite talent, I would bet on him becoming atleast avg at pitch recognition. With as well as he controls the barrel when he makes contact and his lightning fast hands/bat speed i would actually be kinda surprised if he didn't atleast improve that aspect of his game

Most people, myself included forget how much development time he's lost to freak injuries then losing last yr. He's only played 395 career games since 2015, the most he's ever played in a yr is 110 games. He's had multiple broken bones and wrist issues from running into walls trying to make all world defensive plays and he's still only 23. He still has lots of time to develop and refine his game before he's a finished product

Because of his ability to play elite defense at all 3 OF positions, plus-plus speed, plus-plus arm and being a LHed bat with power, his floor is an above avg 4th OFer. If he can cut down his k% and learn to hit breaking balls better he has a chance to be a star. The good news for him is he's going to get longer to figure it out than most prospects because his floor is still a very valuable MLB player. He's actually someone we could really use with Talkman gone, Gardy likely done at the end of the yr and Hick tendency to be get hurt and his decline from the LH side.

If Hicks keeps hitting so badly from the LH side and Florial keep hitting well, why not give him a look for a week or so. I'm not sure he could be worse than Hicks/ Gardy and Frazier have been so far. I'm not saying give him a starting role but give him a look as our 4th OF

I really am hoping for a big bounce back yr from him and for him to regain his former prospect shine he's lost. I'd be very happy if he was our starting CFer at some point next yr with Hicks being the 4th OFer
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-08-2021 at 09:48 PM.

Hauver hit his 5th hr of the yr and now has 13rbi's in 4 games. He's hitting a ridiculous .800/.824/2.924
    not bad for a 3rd round pick in his 1st taste of pro ball
    Last edited by dayners81; 05-10-2021 at 11:29 PM.

Starting Pitcher: RHP Brian Keller: 2.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 2 BB, 2 K – 49% of his pitches went for strikes…retired 8 of the 12 batters he faced
    In Relief: RHP Reggie McClain: 2.1 IP, zeroes, 1 K – 60% of his pitches were strikes…had a walk but got a double play to retire all 7 he faced
    In Relief: RHP Nick Nelson: 3.0 IP, 2 H, 0 BB, 4 K – 66% of his pitches were strikes…a much better performance tonight than his Triple-A debut
    In Relief: Luis Garcia: 1.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R , 1 K – 68% of his pitches were strikes
    Rehab Watch: 1B Luke Voit: 1-4, 1 HR, 1 BB – Voit, who will be recalled next week, swung at the first pitch of the game and hit a moonshot out of the yard…was replaced mid-game by Chris Gittens
    Hitting Star: LF Ryan LeMarre: 2-5, 1 SB
    Big League Watch: 2B Derek Deitrich: 1-3, 1 HR, 2 BB

Catching Depth: C Robinson Chirinos: 0-3, 1 BB, 1 K – he left 4 on base
    Leftovers: Greg Allen, Socrates Brito, and Trey Amburgey also all added hits…batters 6-9 went 0-11 but had 5 walks, at least
    Somerset Patriots

The Patriots are 4-1 in the early going, defeating the Harrisburg Senators 2-0 tonight.

Starting Pitcher: RHP Glenn Otto: 6.0 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 6 K – 72% of his pitches were strikes…he got 18 outs and faced 19 batters
    In Relief: RHP Ron Marinaccio: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 2 K – 75% of his pitches were strikes…he hasn’t allowed a run in 5.1 innings in 2021
    In Relief: Michael Gomez: 1.0 IP, zeros – 88% of his pitches were strikes
    Florial Watch: CF Estevan Florial: 1-4 – no leadoff HR tonight for Florial, who is hitting .316 in the early going…he also did not strike out
    Hitting Star: DH Oswaldo Cabrera: 2-3, 1 R, 1 BB, 1 CS
    Hitting Star: 3B Diego Castillo: 2-4, 1 R – he’s hitting .368 so far
    Hitting Star: SS Hoy Jun Park: 1-3, 1 2B, 1 BB
    Leftovers: all of Somerset’s hits are above…batters 5-9 went 0-12 but worked 4 walks and managed a sac fly
    Hudson Valley Renegades
    The ‘Gades inched closer to .500 and improved their record to 2-3 with a 9-3 victory over the Jersey Shaw BlueClaws. The offense sparkled and the bullpen allowed just 5 hits with 13 strikeouts over the last 7 innings of work. Good stuff.

Starting Pitcher: RHP Jio Orozco: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 2 K – 60% of his pitches went for strikes…still, not a great start
    In Relief: RHP Nick Ernst: 1.o IP, zeroes, 1 K – took him 14 pitches to retire the side…nice bounce-back appearance for the 24-year-old, who was hit around in his debut
    In Relief: LHP Josh Maciejewski: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 1 BB, 2 K – 71% of his pitches went for strikes
    In Relief: RHP Elvis Peguero: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 3 BB, 4 K – 56% of his pitches went for strikes
    In Relief: RHP Zack Greene: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 2 BB, 6 K – 72% of his pitches were strikes
    Wheels Watch: SS Oswaldo Peraza: 1-3, 2 R, 1 BB, 1 2B, 3 SB – the shortstop is hitting just .105 on the season, but really flashed his wheels tonight
    Hitting Star: LF Brandon Lockridge: 2-4, 1 R, 1 HR, 3 RBI – tonight’s was his first HR on the campaign so far
    Hitting Star: 3B James Nelson: 2-5, 2 2B, 3 RBI
    Leftovers: Every starter had a hit except Kyle MacDonald…Pablo Olivares, Isaiah Pasteur, and Oliver Dunn each had 2…Josh Breaux and Eric Wagaman had 1 apiece
    Tampa Tarpons
    Tampa came back from an early 6-0 deficit to defeat the Dunedin Blue Jays 12-11. They are 5-0 in the early going. The Tarpons have now scored 77 runs in their first 5 games of the season, which is honestly just ridiculous. If you’re staying up late wondering where DoTF is, you can blame the hilariously Tampa good offense (and hilariously bad pitching from Dunedin).

Starting Pitcher: RHP Jhonatan Munoz: 1.1 IP, 4 H, 5 R, 2 BB, 2 K – 56% of his pitches were strikes…the 21-year-old really struggled, recording just 4 outs against 11 batters overall
    In Relief: LHP Clay Aguilar: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 2 K – 62% of his pitches were strikes
    In Relief: RHP Kevin Milam: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 3 K – 50% of his pitches were strikes
    In Relief: RHP Zach Kohn: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 1 BB, 5 K – 60% of his pitches were strikes…he was lifted with the bases loaded in the 6th
    In Relief: RHP Connor Pellerin: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 2 K – rough outing…just 40% of his pitches were strikes…walked the first two batters he faced with the bases loaded, but none were charged to him as he inherited them from Kohn
    In Relief: RHP Trevor Halloway: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 3 K – 79% of his pitches were strikes…really closed the door after Pellerin was all over the place…induced a GIDP in the 9th to end the game after a leadoff single
    First Round Watch: SS Anthony Volpe: 0-5, 1 R, 6 LOB – the first hitless night of the season for Volpe…nice to see him get off to a hot start regardless…he had turned it around in 2019 before missing the end of the season with mono
    Third Round Watch: 2B Trevor Hauver: 1-4, 2 R, 1 HR, 1 BB – his 3-run blast was Hauver’s 5th HR of the season…his bat is red-hot but I am curious to hear how his defense is after the Yanks moved him back to the infield
    Hitting Star: 1B Chad Bell: 1-3, 1 HR, 1 BB, 4 RBI – Bell’s grand slam in the 3rd got Tampa back in the game and closed the gap from 6-1 to 6-5

Leftovers: lots of offense…the 6-9 hitters (including Bell) were 6-13 with 3 walks…Andres Chapparo added 2 hits

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast