Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 104 of 117 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1751
    Pitchers: Medina, Gil, Waldichuk
    Position players: Volpe, Peraza, Dominguez

16 years old and Arias already showboating after that home run lol. Remember when Alfonso Soriano used to watch his home runs just a tad longer than the yankees liked, and then he was immediately traded soon afterwards? Alfonso got nothing on this kid

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Pitchers: Medina, Gil, Waldichuk
    Position players: Volpe, Peraza, Dominguez
    I made that way to easy didn't i? how about 2 of each ?

I'm just not as sold on Gil as other seem to be. If what we saw at the MLB level really reflected what he did in the minors I'd be much more confident in him. My concern with him is the 3rd/4th pitch, the FB is elite, SL is very good but he's got alot of work to do on the CU. I'm sure you read that he's working on a CB and is working on a sinker a bit as well. If he can develop a quality 3rd pitch he has a good chance to be a TORP, but right now I think he may end up at the back of the BP.

It's a coin flip for me with Gil and Medina. Gil has the better command but needs a 3rd pitch. Medina has the best stuff in the system but still needs to improve his command/ control to be truly effective as a starter. Wesneski is really good also, i think he is just a little behind those other 2 in terms of ceiling.

For me Waldichuk is the best combo of stuff, ceiling and control, especially being LHed. He's got a very deceptive delivery, great pitchers build and a really strong feel for all his pitches.

While he didn't have a great season last yr because of an injury and covid, i still think Gomez has a good chance to be a very good starter. Wish we still had Roansy though, he looks like he is going to be everything we had hoped he was going to be. Hopefully we can get him back when he gets to expensive for Pitt

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I made that way to easy didn't i? how about 2 of each ?

I'm just not as sold on Gil as other seem to be. If what we saw at the MLB level really reflected what he did in the minors I'd be much more confident in him. My concern with him is the 3rd/4th pitch, the FB is elite, SL is very good but he's got alot of work to do on the CU. I'm sure you read that he's working on a CB and is working on a sinker a bit as well. If he can develop a quality 3rd pitch he has a good chance to be a TORP, but right now I think he may end up at the back of the BP.

It's a coin flip for me with Gil and Medina. Gil has the better command but needs a 3rd pitch. Medina has the best stuff in the system but still needs to improve his command/ control to be truly effective as a starter. Wesneski is really good also, i think he is just a little behind those other 2 in terms of ceiling.

For me Waldichuk is the best combo of stuff, ceiling and control, especially being LHed. He's got a very deceptive delivery, great pitchers build and a really strong feel for all his pitches.

While he didn't have a great season last yr because of an injury and covid, i still think Gomez has a good chance to be a very good starter. Wish we still had Roansy though, he looks like he is going to be everything we had hoped he was going to be. Hopefully we can get him back when he gets to expensive for Pitt
    IF Gil can. develop a legit 2 seamer, all he needs is a show me 4th pitch. He can hammer the two fastballs, and then bury that slider. Throw the change once in a while to keep guys honest and look out.

My 3 and 3 would be the same as Phoba.

I do agree with your feelings about Dominguez. He is actually the most touchable of those three. I don't know about the HGH or PEDs with him but his body has changed. It could very easily be genetic. He may just have a boxy build. What I don't get is why the training staff is letting him do what he's doing? If he was jut getting bigger and stronger and maintaining his speed, it's all good but if he's losing even a little of his athleticism from weights? I don't get that.

Ignorance is bliss

Id also like to see Gil try a cutter and see if that works for him. I agree if he can develop a solid sinker/2 seam he wouldn't really need a plus or better off speed pitch. If he can develop a solid sinker and CB he would be nasty. If he could do the Lance Lynn type pitch selection, 4 seam, sinker, cutter with his SL that would also work. His CU, wasn't very effective even when he was at his best. It was to straight and there was only about a 5mph difference between his 4 seam and CU. Hopefully he gets another pitch figured out.

With Dom, it could be genetics but the kid looks more like a running back than a CFer right now. Whatever he's doing to keep getting thicker, he needs to change to more flexible workout program. IMO if he continues on this path, i think its far more likely he ends up in a corner.

I would take Peraza over Dom at this point. I have no doubt with his speed, range and plus, plus arm with a little extra development time he could play a pretty good CF. If Wade could do it i think Peraza could as well.

We'll see what happens but right now IMO Dom is by far the most available of the 3. Now that ive said that, watch him have a Volpe type breakout season and finish the yr in AAA, 😆

So where would u rank Arias in our system ?

Id also like to see Gil try a cutter and see if that works for him. I agree if he can develop a solid sinker/2 seam he wouldn't really need a plus or better off speed pitch. If he can develop a solid sinker and CB he would be nasty. If he could do the Lance Lynn type pitch selection, 4 seam, sinker, cutter with his SL that would also work. His CU, wasn't very effective even when he was at his best. It was to straight and there was only about a 5mph difference between his 4 seam and CU. Hopefully he gets another pitch figured out.

With Dom, it could be genetics but the kid looks more like a running back than a CFer right now. Whatever he's doing to keep getting thicker, he needs to change to more flexible workout program. IMO if he continues on this path, i think its far more likely he ends up in a corner.

I would take Peraza over Dom at this point. I have no doubt with his speed, range and plus, plus arm with a little extra development time he could play a pretty good CF. If Wade could do it i think Peraza could as well.

We'll see what happens but right now IMO Dom is by far the most available of the 3. Now that ive said that, watch him have a Volpe type breakout season and finish the yr in AAA, 😆

So where would u rank Arias in our system ?
    I haven't seen enough to really say anything asked from top 15-20. He could come in and shoot up to top 5 quickly but I have to see him play in a season before I can really judge.

I think I remember reading that Dom was projected more to a corner spot because of his routes? That may just be his destiny.

Ignorance is bliss

I was really hoping Dom would stick in CF and ive heard/ read the same thing about him likely ending up in a corner.

Nobody puts Dommy in a corner.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by kinkotheclown View Post
    nobody puts dommy in a corner.
    tmml

Nobody knows what Dominguez really is yet. Let the kid play and develop peacefully in the minors without rumors or too many voices in his head unless he really struggles for a long time.

Just look at Judge, who knew he would end up that great at age 26-27.

We lost Brian Keller to the Suxs in the MILB portion of the rule V. Good relief spec but is 27 already, not a huge loss.

There have been a couple spec for spec trades, sounds like there might be some more of those. Gm;s must be getting bored not being able to do anything on the 40 man.

Eli Fishman
    @elijfishman

Enjoy this slow-mo swing from Yankees top prospect Anthony Volpe.

In 2021 Volpe hit .294 with 27 HR and 33 stolen bases. He led all of MILB in WAR (6.5) and runs (113) and was second in wRC (117) and fourth in OPS (1.027).

https://twitter.com/i/status/1470542757714440208

That is a pretty swing. Simple, compact not much extra movement

That is a pretty swing. Simple, compact not much extra movement

Yep.
    Hands inside the ball

Ignorance is bliss

So the Yankees have had serious discussions on Voit with the Rangers and brewers. Names they are interested in from the brewers is jeferson quero and Hedbert Perez, from the rangers they’re targeting luisangel acuna! Yes Ronald’s brother. I’m also told it would be a shock if they sign anyone with a qo.
    On Gary I was told they offered him to Miami and wanted Eury Perez back and the marlins balked and instead pivoted to stallings.