Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

NY Yankees @ Boston Red Sox Oct. 5, 2021. TIME FOR POSTSEASON BB !

The New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox meet Tuesday in the MLB American League Wild Card Game at Fenway Park. The Yankees are coming off a 92-win season and are in the postseason for a fifth straight year. The Red Sox also won 92 games and are in the postseason for the first time since 2018, when they won the World Series.

The Yankees head into this game winning nine of their last 12 games. The Yankees have scored six runs in their last three games and four or more runs in five of their last eight games. The Yankees have won 12 of their last 13 games when scoring four or more runs. DJ LeMahieu (10 day IL) leads the Yankees with 160 hits and 57 RBI. Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton have combined for 297 hits and 195 RBI. Gerrit Cole gets the ball, and he was 16-8 with a 3.23 ERA and 243 strikeouts this season. Cole is 8-4 with a 2.68 ERA and 108 strikeouts in his postseason career.

The Red Sox enter this contest splitting their last 10 games. The Red Sox have scored 16 runs in their last three games and four or more runs in four of their last five games. The Red Sox have won 11 straight games when scoring four or more runs. Rafael Devers leads the Red Sox with 165 hits and 113 RBI while J.D. Martinez and Alex Verdugo have combined for 320 hits and 162 RBI. Nathan Eovaldi gets the ball, and he was 11-9 with a 3.75 ERA and 195 strikeouts this season. Eovaldi is 2-1 with a 1.61 ERA and 16 strikeouts in his postseason career.

The Yankees are 5-1 in their last 6 road games and 9-3 in their last 12 overall. The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 playoff games and 4-1 in their last 5 overall. The Yankees are 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Boston and 6-0 in the last 6 meetings.

Cole was given a massive contract for games like this, and we’ve seen him come through time and time again in the postseason, mainly for the Astros. However, Cole did not have a great month of September, allowing 37 hits and 19 earned runs through 33.1 innings, and the Red Sox got three runs off him in six innings a little over a week ago. Eovaldi was much better last month, allowing 32 hits and 14 earned runs through 32 innings, but he did get rocked by the Yankees for seven runs and seven hits in 2.2 innings in that same game Cole pitched.

Yankees
    @
    Red Sox

Tue, Oct 5 • 8:08 PM EDT
    At Fenway Park
    TV: ESPN
    AL Wild Card Game

Gerrit Cole
    RHP
    0-0, -.-- ERA, 0 SO

Nathan Eovaldi
    RHP
    0-0, -.-- ERA, 0 SO
    Last edited by drt1010; 10-04-2021 at 07:18 AM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    First

Ignorance is bliss

I think the Yankees win this game . Yankees hit eovaldi well last time . Should be a great game

I don't like having to beat a team 4 times in a row at their home field.

I really have no idea what to expect
    11-10
    2-1

It depends on which pitchers show up tomorrow. If the good versions? I expect a nail biter and lower score
    If they both are shaky, I expect a roller coaster where a team scores a bunch then the other comes back

I just hope that if one of the two show up, it's Cole and the Yankees win a laugher.

Ignorance is bliss

This is basically a Game 7 folks. And this is why they got Cole.

We shall see if Cole is up to the pressure of playing for the Yankees.

No more sticky stuff and he is not with the Houston Astros.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I can’t get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    This is basically a Game 7 folks. And this is why they got Cole.

We shall see if Cole is up to the pressure of playing for the Yankees.

No more sticky stuff and he is not with the Houston Astros.
    Yes it is basically a game 7, win or go home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my heart of hearts I believe we are a better team than the sux.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post

I know the Yankees are better than the Red Sox .

Speaking in absolutes is never advisable.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post

Yankees are far superior than the RedSox in every which way.

They have an ACE starting on Tuesday, RedSox don’t….advantage Yankees

Their lineup is about even with no DJ now

Yanks have a better bullpen.

Sale will probably be available for a batter or two so we need to pounce on Eovaldi early or have to face him late in the game cuz Cora will no doubt use him in this game.

Sale was a nasty bullie guy so he knows how to get ready in the bullie.

If this becomes a close game the edge goes to the RedSkx because of having last at bats…..Yanks must hit or they will go home.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Yankees are far superior than the RedSox in every which way.

They have an ACE starting on Tuesday, RedSox don’t….advantage Yankees

Their lineup is about even with no DJ now

Yanks have a better bullpen.

Sale will probably be available for a batter or two so we need to pounce on Eovaldi early or have to face him late in the game cuz Cora will no doubt use him in this game.

Sale was a nasty bullie guy so he knows how to get ready in the bullie.

If this becomes a close game the edge goes to the RedSkx because of having last at bats…..Yanks must hit or they will go home.
    I agree Nick. You did forget one important criteria, Cora is a better all around manager.

But that is easily compensated for. The Yankees have the ghost / history of "BUCKY F"CKN DENT" on their side!

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I agree Nick. You did forget one important criteria, Cora is a better all around manager.

But that is easily compensated for. The Yankees have the ghost / history of "BUCKY F"CKN DENT" on their side!

But all of the Bucky Dent stuff went out of the window after the 2004 collapse…it doesn’t even come up anymore, it has been washed away Dr.

The 2018 Playoff series was a key but Judge played Sinatra’s New York, New York on his boombox and it backfired.

Judge needs to be more mature this week.

I may be the key Dr…

I live here in the Tampa Bay Area….I had to wait until 2020, 22 years for a Rays/Yanks playoff series and we lost last year. Back to back ALDS with Rays would be perfect for 2021. If we can get a good game from Cole and pop a few homeruns we can be a scary team rest of the way…..

I feel Boone has to win this game or Buck Showalter returns for a few years as Cashman will copy on what the WhiteSox did by bringing back an old school manager like LaRusa….Buck covers every track on every game. At this point with his roster he would be the perfect fitting manager IMO. He is all detail and is fully prepared each game of the regular season, sometimes over detailed but he knows his job. Boone seems to be forced fed and I can’t stand that crap.

I’d have no problem having Buck for 2/3 years to have a REAL manager of the game. And Buck knows NY so no surprises there. But Cashman has to let him manage, give him all of the info and he can use what he needs….

Now if Yanks get to WS then Boone will get a new 2 yr deal…..if he wins the WS then he gets a 4 yr deal.

A d this is not 2018…..has Boone gotten better since his rookie season as manager?

I say no, Bring back Buck!
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 10-04-2021 at 09:54 AM.
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place

Speaking in absolutes is never advisable.

Even if the Yankees lose, he can and will proudly state that it's a fact the Yankees are better.

(It's that fact vs opinion thing)

Ignorance is bliss

I think the simplicity is if the Yankees hit, they will win. If it comes down to a manger's decision, the Yankees are at a disadvantage. If it comes down to Judge and Stanton going a combined 4-8 with 6 RBI, no manager can hold that off, no matter how good

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think the simplicity is if the Yankees hit, they will win. If it comes down to a manger's decision, the Yankees are at a disadvantage. If it comes down to Judge and Stanton going a combined 4-8 with 6 RBI, no manager can hold that off, no matter how good
    True and true. It really is that simple. If they hit they win.

The Yankees heavy RHed lineup should do very well peppering the monster. Oh wait a sec, Jorge told me RHed pull the ball......ah forget it.

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast