Follow us on Twitter

Page 86 of 95 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1422
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    MLB To Experiment With Pre-Tacked Baseball During Triple-A Final Stretch

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...final-stretch/

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    So they are changing the ball they have used all season, during a playoff. stretch? Genius

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    So they are changing the ball they have used all season, during a playoff. stretch? Genius
    Pure Genius! You have to wonder who makes this decision and why ?

Game 1 (Won, 5-3)

LF Miguel Andujar: 0-for-2, K
    CF Estevan Florial: 1-for-3, 2 K
    SS Oswald Peraza: 1-for-4, HR (1), RBI, RS
    Peraza homers in his Triple-A debut. He is up to 18 home runs overall between Hudson Valley/Somerset/Scranton.

1B Chris Gittens: 1-for-3, BB
    C Donny Sands: 1-for-4, RS
    2B Oswaldo Cabrera: 2-for-3, RS, BB, K, SB (1)
    A pair of hits in his Triple-A debut
    RF Ryan LaMarre: 1-for-3, HR (6), 2 RBI, RS, BB, SB (13)
    CF Greg Allen: 2-for-3, RBI, RS, SAC, 2 SB (19)
    DH Rob Brantly: 1-for-2, 2B (9), RBI
    DH Armando Alvarez: 0-for-1, BB
    3B Andrew Velazquez: 0-for-4, 3 K

RHP Jameson Taillon: 3 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
    Rehab appearance.
    RHP Hayden Wesneski: (W, 1-0) 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K
    Triple-A debut for one of the breakout prospects of 2021. He can make his MLB debut next season at some point.
    RHP Brody Koerner: 2.1 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, HR
    RHP Luis Gil (S, 1): 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K

Game 2 (Lost, 7-3)

LF Miguel Andujar: 2-for-4, RBI
    I believe Andujar is out of options after this season, so I would say there are good odds he is traded next spring, if not earlier.
    SS Oswald Peraza: 0-for-4
    CF Estevan Florial: 0-for-2, RS, HBP, K
    1B Chris Gittens: 0-for-3, 2 K
    2B Oswaldo Cabrera: 1-for-3, HR (1), 2 RBI, RS
    25th HR overall for Cabrera, who is Rule 5 eligible.

DH Trey Amburgey: 0-for-3
    C Max McDowell: 1-for-3
    RF Socrates Brito: 0-for-3, RS
    3B Kyle Holder: 0-for-1, 2 BB

RHP Clarke Schmidt: (L, 0-1) 4.2 IP, 3 H, 4 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 8 K, HR
    One mistake goes over the wall and screws up his stat line (a Peraza error set up the 3-run home run, but the pitcher bears some responsibility!). You have to love the strikeouts.
    RHP Reggie McClain: 0.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 0 K
    RHP Nick Goody: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, HR
    RHP Ron Marinaccio: 1 IP, 1 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, HR

Marinaccio strikes out the side but did give up a two-run blast as well. You canít always be perfect. He is up to 99 strikeouts in 62.1 innings.

Scranton (70-51; 2-2 during ďThe Final StretchĒ) (Split a double-header against Syracuse)

Game 1 (Won, 4-0)

LF Miguel Andujar: 0-for-3, K
    DH Oswald Peraza: 1-for-1, SB (1)
    He left the game in the third inning. 37th stolen base of the season. While the Yankees would likely shut him down if there was even a small injury, he has a shot at hitting 40 SB if he is healthy.

PH-DH Socrates Brito: 0-for-2
    C Donny Sands: 0-for-3, K
    RF Ryan LaMarre: 1-for-2, RS, BB, K, SB (14), CS (5)
    2B Oswaldo Cabrera: 1-for-3, HR (2), RBI, RS, K
    I keep typing that Cabrera may have a future as a utility player. Yet, he continues to hit bombs (26th of the season). A middle infielder who hits bombs and steals some bases may be a contender to start. Personally, watching Rougned Odor flail away (yes, I do like Odorís energy!), I wouldnít mind if Cabrera proved he can be a better option for a role like that (and he has the ability to play shortstop!)

CF Greg Allen: 2-for-3, RBI, RS, 2 SB (21)
    .327/.443/.469 in 247 very much productive Triple-A plate appearances.
    1B Armando Alvarez: 0-for-2, BB
    3B Max Burt: 1-for-3, RS, K
    SS Andrew Velazquez: 1-for-2, 2B (20), 2 RBI, K

LHP JP Sears (W, 6-0): 6.1 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 10 K
    Third 10 strikeout game of the season. Since his promotion: 2.64 ERA (47.2 IP, 37 H, 16 R, 14 ER, 4 HR, 9 BB, 61 K). While he probably isnít THIS good, I donít think this is a fluke. Even if the Yankees think his future is in the pen (we donít know that), they will likely need to protect him.
    RHP Nick Nelson: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K

Game 2 (Lost, 6-3)

CF Estevan Florial: 3-for-4, 2 HR (13), 2 RBI, 3 RS, K, SB (13)
    Florialís third 2 HR game of the season. This is pretty much Florial in a nutshell: He has games where he seemingly is lost. He has games where he is disruptive. When he is on his game, he can beat you in many ways. He just needs to consistently do it.
    SS Oswaldo Cabrera: 2-for-3, 3B (1), BB, K
    It is a small sample size, but he has been on fire since his promotion (6-for-12, triple, 2 HR, 2 BB, 3 K)

1B Chris Gittens: 1-for-3, BB
    C Rob Brantly: 2-for-3, HBP, K
    DH Ryan LaMarre: 0-for-2, RBI, 2 BB, K
    RF Socrates Brito: 1-for-4, 2B (15), K
    LF Trey Amburgey: 1-for-4, 2B (22), K
    3B Armando Alvarez: 0-for-3
    2B Kyle Holder: 0-for-3, K

RHP Sean Boyle: 5 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 8 K, HR
    In his time with Scranton this year: 1.11 ERA (24.1 IP, 13 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 21 K, HR). Boyle has thrown at all four full-season levels this year, maintaining a 2.01 ERA in 85 IP with a 96/22 K/BB ratio. He is Rule 5 eligible.

RHP Adam Warren (L, 4-4): 0.2 IP, 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
    RHP Greg Weissert: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K
    Weissert has put together a solid campaign. The question is: Is there room to protect someone like him?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Flo and Peraza!!!

Ignorance is bliss

Eli Fishman
    @elijfishman

26m
    Oswaldo Cabrera with ANOTHER home run, his third in five Triple-A games and 27th on the season.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1442178128089174024

IMO, it's past time to start wondering where this kid is going to fit with us. He's a switch hitter, plays 2nd,SS,3rd well and as he's shown this yr was has some serious pop in the bat. I would rather see this kid sometime next yr than Stinky

Tom Kosensky
    @mryclept

39m
    Oswaldo Cabrera (
    @swbrailriders
    ) adds a double to his HR. He is 8-for-14 with a double, triple, and 3 HR. #Yankees #SquadUp

Holy cow Oswaldo. Great finish. He put himself squarely on the map this season, especially with his strong finish. Yet another huge middle infield talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Holy cow Oswaldo. Great finish. He put himself squarely on the map this season, especially with his strong finish. Yet another huge middle infield talent.
    U think he gets any top 100 ish rankings? His player profile is very intriguing, especially with being able to hit with power from both sides. And he's done all this in AA and now AAA, he should be ready sometime next yr.

I really wonder if he isn't a guy they move this winter. With Wade's ability to play the OF and his elite speed, it's hard to see Cabrera taking that role. With Peraza, Volpe and other not far away, do they really have a place for this kid to play? Or would including him as a 2nd piece in a big deal be the best way to maximize his value?

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Let's be perfectly honest, the yankees have never had a minor league season such as this.

Alcantara I can understand. That was a bozo move, but Otto and Adams? I don't even know the Adams you're referring to. I'm actually more pissed that we lost Josh H. Smith. i know everyone will say we have peraza and volpe, but no one actually knows who will eventually make it.
    Not sure why I said Adams lol. I was actually referring to Smith. Must have been thinking of David Adams back in the day.

Wow, 27 home runs for Cabrera this season in about 114 games. That's ridiculous for a middle infielder. I don't know how you can ignore that. Oswaldo reminds of Javier Baez around the same age. It would be intriguing if they placed him on the 40 man because he is absolutely gone in the rule 5 draft if he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Wow, 27 home runs for Cabrera this season in about 114 games. That's ridiculous for a middle infielder. I don't know how you can ignore that. Oswaldo reminds of Javier Baez around the same age. It would be intriguing if they placed him on the 40 man because he is absolutely gone in the rule 5 draft if he's not.
    They have to roster him or trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    They have to roster him or trade him.
    Which do you think is more likely? I just have a feeling they will try and sell high on him.

They are going to have some interesting infield decisions to make the next couple yrs with all the elite MINF specs that we have

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj....outputType=amp

They took away his crossfire delivery and that's what hurt him. Hopefully changing him hasn't ruined him.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Which do you think is more likely? I just have a feeling they will try and sell high on him.

They are going to have some interesting infield decisions to make the next couple yrs with all the elite MINF specs that we have
    It's always nebulous to say they will trade someone because you need a willing partner and they need to have something you want/need.

I think he will end up staying and they will roster him, but they will probably try to trade him first but won't be able to find a trade partner.

Page 86 of 95 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast