Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1436
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Very cool!!! Give them a taste!

Ignorance is bliss

Ken Waldichuk is missing bats and positioning himself to help the Yankees
    The left-handed pitcher was among the strikeout leaders for all of minor league baseball in 2021.
    By Dan Kelly Sep 22, 2021, 9:00am EDT

Waldichuk’s fastball comes at hitters from a low arm slot and has been called a “invisiball” by some scouts as hitters have had trouble picking it up. That pitch — paired with its increased velocity and three other quality pitches — allowed Waldichuk to explode out of the gate in 2021. Starting the season with High-A Hudson Valley, he did not allow a single run at the High-A level, racking up 30.2 straight scoreless innings before earning a promotion to Double-A. That 30.2-inning stretch also included 55 strikeouts and just 12 hits allowed.

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/...oreless-streak

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Ken Waldichuk is missing bats and positioning himself to help the Yankees
    The left-handed pitcher was among the strikeout leaders for all of minor league baseball in 2021.
    By Dan Kelly Sep 22, 2021, 9:00am EDT

Waldichuk’s fastball comes at hitters from a low arm slot and has been called a “invisiball” by some scouts as hitters have had trouble picking it up. That pitch — paired with its increased velocity and three other quality pitches — allowed Waldichuk to explode out of the gate in 2021. Starting the season with High-A Hudson Valley, he did not allow a single run at the High-A level, racking up 30.2 straight scoreless innings before earning a promotion to Double-A. That 30.2-inning stretch also included 55 strikeouts and just 12 hits allowed.

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/...oreless-streak
    He has a good chance of being a big part of our rotation for yrs to come. He has the velo, command and weapons to be very, very good

Thanks Day. No need to rush him. Next season AAA and maybe a call up at some point for a taste of the bigs and a look to see how he handles it.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Thanks Day. No need to rush him. Next season AAA and maybe a call up at some point for a taste of the bigs and a look to see how he handles it.
    I agree. I was told the were very happy with what he and Medina did this yr. They didn't bup them up to AAA because they thought they could get better results working with them at the "Gas Factory" then send them to winter ball.

That rotation in AAA next yr is going to be wicked. To start the yr it could easily be
    1 Gil
    2 Schmidt
    3 Medina
    4 Waldichuk
    5 Wesneski

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I agree. I was told the were very happy with what he and Medina did this yr. They didn't bup them up to AAA because they thought they could get better results working with them at the "Gas Factory" then send them to winter ball.

That rotation in AAA next yr is going to be wicked. To start the yr it could easily be
    1 Gil
    2 Schmidt
    3 Medina
    4 Waldichuk
    5 Wesneski
    Absurd

Ignorance is bliss

Waldichuk's deliver kinda reminds of a David Price-ish type delivery.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

I know I'm late to the party Klown, but thanks for that article you posted on Taylor. I lived it and reading the specifics again brought back many sad feelings. What a waste of talent.

This is by far the single best season for prospect development that I have seen over the past 20 years almost. Crazy season for the system. Still hate the fact that they traded away a lot of depth at the trade deadline. This team stinks this year, would have been so much better off next year and in the long-term if they sold at the deadline. Wish they still had Alcantara, Otto, and Adams mainly.

Scranton (68-49) (Lead Syracuse, 4-2.

Here is the boxscore to this point in the game:

LF Miguel Andujar: 0-for-2, K
    SS Oswald Peraza: 0-for-2 I'm really hoping he has a strong stretch this last 10 games and playoffs so he will start the yr in AAA next yr on a high note. If he hits .240 or so the rest of the way in his first taste of AAA as a 21yr old that would be a success IMO
    Triple-A debut.
    1B Chris Gittens: 0-for-2
    C Donny Sands: 1-for-2, RS really hope they protect him and give him a shot at the backup C job next spring
    2B Oswaldo Cabrera: 2-for-2, RS
    A pair of hits in his Triple-A debut
    this kid has completely changed his prospect status this yr, he had 29SB, 24HRs, his previous high was 8, 20 SB while playing very solid defense at 2B,SS and 3B and is still only 22 and a Switch hitter. If more of those double turn into HRs into hrs as he gets strong he could be a heck of a utility option for us.
    RF Ryan LaMarre: 1-for-2, HR (6), 2 RBI, RS, SB (13)
    CF Greg Allen: 1-for-2, RBI, RS, 2 SB (19)
    DH Rob Brantly: 1-for-2, 2B (9), RBI
    3B Andrew Velazquez: 0-for-2, 2 K

RHP Jameson Taillon: 3 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
    Rehab appearance. Hopefully just shaking off some rust and the foot is heal well
    RHP Hayden Wesneski: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K
    Triple-A debut for one of the breakout prospects of 2021. He can make his MLB debut next season at some point.
    Tampa (Lost to Bradenton, 6-1
    . This kid has had some kind of 2nd half, I would highly recommend you tubing some of his highlight. He hold his velo late into games, has been up to 98 this yr, has a couple really good FB's and a couple of really good off speed pitches and has pretty good control. He's rapidly become a very legit SP spec and could be an option for them either in the rotation or BP. I do find it interesting that he was the one called up to AAA instead of either Medina or Waldichuk and they used him as a reliever. Maybe they are prepping him for a multi inning BP guy if needed? I think he stays a starter but would be a hell of a MIP

SS Trey Sweeney: 0-for-5, 3 K
    CF Jasson Dominguez: 0-for-3, BB
    C Antonio Gomez: 0-for-2, BB, HBP, K
    2B Cooper Bowman: 2-for-4, 2B (1), SB (1)
    3-for-8 in the two playoff games.
    1B Anthony Garcia: 0-for-4, 4 K
    Eeek – we will just forget that this game existed.
    RF Madison Santos: 0-for-4, 3 K
    DH Ben Rice: 0-for-4, 2 K
    3B Ben Cowles: 1-for-4, HR (1), RBI, RS, 3 K
    Homers in his first playoff AB. Legend!
    LF Kyle Battle: 2-for-2, BB, HBP
    Battle had four multi-hit games down in the FCL this season (he was signed as a free agent after the 2021 draft)

RHP Blane Abeyta: 2.1 IP, 6 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 5 K, HR
    RHP Wellington Diaz: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K
    RHP Harold Cortijo: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K
    Cortijo is an interesting arm. He was only able to toss 12.1 innings this season. In 2019, for Low-A Charleston, the now 22-year old pitched to a 3.45 ERA in 73 innings with a 57/30 K/BB ratio.
    RHP Danny Watson: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
    RHP Carson Coleman: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    I know I'm late to the party Klown, but thanks for that article you posted on Taylor. I lived it and reading the specifics again brought back many sad feelings. What a waste of talent.
    My pleasure. It's pretty brutal.
    I stated it earlier but if it was in the moment out of defense? You can live with it.
    But making a conscious choice to get into a car, drive to a place, after the fact, effectively for revenge? Oof.
    Thankfully he bought a house for his parents and he still lives there, so some of the bonus was used for a solid investment.

We all mad F'd up choices and did F'd up things growing up, so I can certainly relate but then thinking about if one bad choice changed your entire future and life in such an immediate and impactful way, in an instant is crazy

Ignorance is bliss

Wesneski! Nice game!

Peraza sucks!! Lol
    Even if he starts next year in AA, it's a great experience for him. It will give him insight to where he's weak. If he ends up doing well? He could make the lineup next year.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    This is by far the single best season for prospect development that I have seen over the past 20 years almost. Crazy season for the system. Still hate the fact that they traded away a lot of depth at the trade deadline. This team stinks this year, would have been so much better off next year and in the long-term if they sold at the deadline. Wish they still had Alcantara, Otto, and Adams mainly.
    Let's be perfectly honest, the yankees have never had a minor league season such as this.

Alcantara I can understand. That was a bozo move, but Otto and Adams? I don't even know the Adams you're referring to. I'm actually more pissed that we lost Josh H. Smith. i know everyone will say we have peraza and volpe, but no one actually knows who will eventually make it.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/09/h...s.html?src=rss

This article talks about Stephen Volpe as the best position prospect one scout saw all year.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    MLB To Experiment With Pre-Tacked Baseball During Triple-A Final Stretch

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...final-stretch/

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast