Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1436
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    It was way before y time but i always heard Taylor went back to fight the guy who beat up his bro. Boras was asked before last yrs draft who the most talented pitcher he had ever seen/ represented. He said Taylor and its not close. Did he really throw 100+ with 2 plus, plus breaking balls ??
    Well it's hard to separate fact from fiction. The myth and the legend grows over time. But I do recall everyone raving about his stuff. Yankees system wasn't much to get excited about back then, but he was the star. I remember comps to all the greats, Ryan, Seaver, even Gibson if memory serves.

His high school numbers were off the charts. A 96-98 MPH fastball and great command of nasty breaking pitches. He dominated the best high school hitters he faced. He was almost unhittable.

In his senior season he struck out 203 hitters in 84 innings, giving up only 18 hits and 24 walks.

See for a brief history: https://startspreadingthenews.blog/s...f-brien-taylor

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Well it's hard to separate fact from fiction. The myth and the legend grows over time. But I do recall everyone raving about his stuff. Yankees system wasn't much to get excited about back then, but he was the star. I remember comps to all the greats, Ryan, Seaver, even Gibson if memory serves.

His high school numbers were off the charts. A 96-98 MPH fastball and great command of nasty breaking pitches. He dominated the best high school hitters he faced. He was almost unhittable.

In his senior season he struck out 203 hitters in 84 innings, giving up only 18 hits and 24 walks.

See for a brief history: https://startspreadingthenews.blog/s...f-brien-taylor
    I think Day is calling us old!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    100%. I was just fascinated by the story, so I did some snooping. Here's a good write up of his past and present.

https://firstbowman.com/where-is-brien-taylor/
    Ty for posting this Clown. I was supposed to go see him pitch in Albany with a guy whoís nickname was Flounder but we didnít go.
    What a sad story, you think heís ever laying in bed at night dreaming about what could have been?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Ty for posting this Clown. I was supposed to go see him pitch in Albany with a guy whoís nickname was Flounder but we didnít go.
    What a sad story, you think heís ever laying in bed at night dreaming about what could have been?

Was your friend fat drunk and stupid? Lol. (Animal house quote about that character)

I would actually ask if there isn't a night when he dreams of that ?

Ignorance is bliss

I think Day is calling us old!!!

These damn young bucks!

Was your friend fat drunk and stupid? Lol. (Animal house quote about that character)

I would actually ask if there isn't a night when he dreams of that ?
    Kinda like Pete Best?

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    It was way before y time but i always heard Taylor went back to fight the guy who beat up his bro. Boras was asked before last yrs draft who the most talented pitcher he had ever seen/ represented. He said Taylor and its not close. Did he really throw 100+ with 2 plus, plus breaking balls ??
    In High School.

Kinda like Pete Best?

LOL Blast from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    In High School.
    Did you read the article Clown posted?
    At one point in the minors they realized Taylor was having trouble holding runners on first, the conclusion was heís never had to worry about runners on base before [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Dayne, great job on the summaries of the recent trades. It's actually pretty amazing how many former Yankees farmhands are around the league right now. Whats even more amazing is how few of them have had any real success. Like Cashman or hate him, the Yankees have gotten a lot more put of the prospects they have kept than other teams have gotten out of the prospects the Yankees traded to them.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Kinda like Pete Best?

Exactly. AT least he stayed a good drummer

Ignorance is bliss

Exactly. AT least he stayed a good drummer
    He had a very difficult life after Brian Epstein gave him the axe. According to his memoir, he battled depression for years and attempted suicide.

I donít know how many of you get NY Post sports plus, but thereís a terrific article in there about YANKEES minor league pitchers and what went on to keep them involved during the pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Dayne, great job on the summaries of the recent trades. It's actually pretty amazing how many former Yankees farmhands are around the league right now. Whats even more amazing is how few of them have had any real success. Like Cashman or hate him, the Yankees have gotten a lot more put of the prospects they have kept than other teams have gotten out of the prospects the Yankees traded to them.
    Other than Roansy, who neither of us wanted them to trade and Alcantara are the only ones that look that they might hurt.

Even a couple yrs ago when Cashman got D Rob, Kahnle and Gray, he didn't really give up anyone we really regret. Kap looks like he's going to be a good starter but if we would have had to wait 2-3 yrs for him to get on the MLB mound for us, we'd be disappointed

King sure has looked incredible, I read he hit 98-99 the other day and quite a few 97's. I don't think you can call him a soft tosser anymore

The Yankees have promoted SS Oswald Peraza, IF Oswaldo Cabrera, and RHP Hayden Wesneski to Scranton for the final ten games of the season. If you are wondering about RHP Luis Medina or LHP Ken Waldichuk, it is possible the Yankees are satisfied with their innings load for 2021 and how they finished. It is fair to note that Wesneski threw more innings than both of them, but different prospects have different schedules. It is possible that Wesneski wonít carry much of a load over these ten games as well.

There isnít anything blocking Peraza or Cabrera from playing. I would expect to see both of them play most of the ten games.

Tampa (Lead Bradenton, 3-2, in the 9th of Game 1. The series, in case you didnít know, is the best of five. Games 1 & 2 are in Bradenton. Games 3-5 are in Tampa)

SS Trey Sweeney: 0-for-3, RS, HBP
    CF Jasson Dominguez: 0-for-3, BB, 3 K
    C Antonio Gomez: 2-for-4, HR (1), 3 RBI, RS
    This is why I love bonus playoff games. I hope the series goes the full five for the experience alone.
    2B Cooper Bowman: 1-for-4, K
    DH Anthony Garcia: 0-for-4, 2 K
    RF Madison Santos: 1-for-4, 2 K
    1B Tyler Hardman: 1-for-4, 2B (1), K
    3B Roberto Chirinos: 1-for-4, K
    LF Kyle Battle: 0-for-3, RS, BB

RHP Blas Castano: 5.1 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K
    The 23-year old had a 12.9% K rate in 2019. For Tampa in 2021, the rate spiked to 26.1%.
    LHP Michael Giacone: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
    Stranded two runners for Castano (he left the game due to the lengthy rain delay)
    LHP Clay Aguilar: 2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 2 HR

Page 84 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast