Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 102 of 117 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1743
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I agree other than Frazier. If they expect him to be fine by next season then I don't think they let him go.
    If they expect Frazier to be healthy again by next season, i completely agree they keep him. Last i heard they were thinking his career maybe over because of something with his eyes that caused a depth perception issue. Pretty difficult to hit or catch a ball if you have trouble gauging it. Have you heard otherwise? If he could get back to his 20 form that would be a big plus for us.

If he's still having neurological issues, 3yrs? after that concussion its hard to see him coming back from that.

The other guy i think is gone is Brit, he out all yr and his deal is up after this yr. They might as well pay him and let him go like they did with Kahnle. Speaking of Kahnle, i bet he's going to be very good next yr with the Dodgers

Do you think Higgy has any trade value? Sands is better defensively and if he hits like he did this yr, his bat is better as well, IMO
    Last edited by dayners81; 11-17-2021 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Why in the world would they let Wandy, Ridings and Wade go. Wandy was very good in the BP, Ridings looked great and they need Wade for his speed, defense and versatility

Far more likely to let Nelson, Luetage, Andujar, Frazier, Odor and Gittens go. With Sands now on the roster and Breaux in AAA i could easily see them moving on from Higgy
    Because they are the most expendable. The yankees don't even have Ridings on the 40 man anymore, so i included him.

luetge is a free agent but I agree about releasing odor, nelson and perhaps frazier, if he really has no trade value. I'm not sure it happens though. I do think that releasing Odor could present a window to keep Ridings.

Was Ridings a covid call up? I would bet that's why he's not on the 40 man yet. He throws 98-101 with a nasty breaking ball, I would be shocked if they didn't either trade or protect him, he will be on some teams 26 man if we let him go.

Wendy was our best LHed reliever down the stretch and still has a couple yrs of control.

They need that super utility type that plays plus defense at multiple positions and has elite speed.

Odor was a great cheerleader but he really doesn't have a spot going forward. If they can keep O Cabrera, he would be a much better option in that role. At least Cabrera is above average defensively at 3 position and has really good power from both sides of the plate.

I think the next couple days will be very telling what they plan on doing this winter. No matter what your going to see multiple trade to clear roster spots

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    If they expect Frazier to be healthy again by next season, i completely agree they keep him. Last i heard they were thinking his career maybe over because of something with his eyes that caused a depth perception issue. Pretty difficult to hit or catch a ball if you have trouble gauging it. Have you heard otherwise? If he could get back to his 20 form that would be a big plus for us.

If he's still having neurological issues, 3yrs? after that concussion its hard to see him coming back from that.

The other guy i think is gone is Brit, he out all yr and his deal is up after this yr. They might as well pay him and let him go like they did with Kahnle. Speaking of Kahnle, i bet he's going to be very good next yr with the Dodgers

Do you think Higgy has any trade value? Sands is better defensively and if he hits like he did this yr, his bat is better as well, IMO
    Can they put Frazier on the 60 day IL to open a spot or is that only during the season?
    IF they want to keep Pereira and Cabrera, they need at least 2 spots.
    I get the feeling a trade with Andujar/Odor/Gittens/Nelson is close.

I don't think anyone takes Frazier expect as a throw in and that would suck for the Yankees.

I will be bummed if they don't at least hold on to Pereira and Cabrera.

Ignorance is bliss

I thought Cashman said a few weeks ago that they thought Frazier would be 100% next season and this wouldn't be an issue going forward? Maybe not.

I don't think Higgy has any trade value. A backup who isn't good with the bat and is average at best with the glove is a dime a dozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Can they put Frazier on the 60 day IL to open a spot or is that only during the season?
    IF they want to keep Pereira and Cabrera, they need at least 2 spots.
    I get the feeling a trade with Andujar/Odor/Gittens/Nelson is close.

I don't think anyone takes Frazier expect as a throw in and that would suck for the Yankees.

I will be bummed if they don't at least hold on to Pereira and Cabrera.
    All IL players must be on the 40 man roster at the time of the Rule V Draft.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    All IL players must be on the 40 man roster at the time of the Rule V Draft.
    Thanks!
    I figured but wasn't sure. If it wasn't the case, you could have a dozen guys on the IL, so it makes sense to have the rule

Ignorance is bliss

Verlander back to Houston.

His brother tweeted the news.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    I was told to watch a Gio trade to Seattle. Yankees have interest in 2 of their pitchers Brandon Williamson and Matt Brash. Both not on the 40 man until next year but Yankees feel they’re both high end starters like waldichuk and Wesneski.
    Our history with Seattle pitchers sucks!!!

Some NL teams are gonna drool over the possibility of Miggy on the cheap as a full time productive DH. I know I would.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    I was told to watch a Gio trade to Seattle. Yankees have interest in 2 of their pitchers Brandon Williamson and Matt Brash. Both not on the 40 man until next year but Yankees feel they’re both high end starters like waldichuk and Wesneski.
    As much as I really like Gio, I'd make that trade tomorrow if they're giving us those 2 pitchers for him, but now the yankees don't have a shortstop because there's some unfounded belief that moving torres to ss is what is preventing him from hitting.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 11-18-2021 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    As much as I really like Gio, I'd make that trade tomorrow if they're giving us those 2 pitchers for him, but now the yankees don't have a shortstop because there's some unfounded belief that moving torres to ss is what is preventing him from hitting.
    Or maybe the belief is just that he isn't good at SS?

The education of Jasson Dominguez
    By Mark W. Sanchez
    November 18, 2021 1:00pm Updated

Given the largest international bonus in Yankees history, the super-prospect nicknamed “The Martian” was ticketed for stardom before he played a game as a pro. While his first year in the minors showed why he’s one of the most-hyped talents in the game, it also revealed he isn’t ready just yet.
    When you arrive with comparisons to Mike Trout and Mickey Mantle, there really is only one direction to go.

There was no way for Jasson Dominguez, whose legend spread before he played a game in the minor leagues, to immediately fulfill the potential that the Yankees saw and see in him.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/18/jasson...r-but-not-yet/

New York Yankees
    MLB Pipeline
    @MLBPipeline

From 40th-round pick to the Arizona Fall League's Breakout Player of the Year!

A standout campaign from the #Yankees' Elijah Dunham helped propel Surprise to the AFL title game.

Trophy https://atmlb.com/3FANCPi

Yankees prospects conclude a successful Arizona Fall League campaign
    Yankees prospects helped the Surprise Saguaros to a West Division title in the Arizona Fall Leagues.
    By Dan Kelly Nov 22, 2021, 8:00am EST

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/...mpionship-game

Worth a gander, some nice video of the young studs in action.