Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 100 of 117 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1743
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    << Baseball America reports that Dominguez’s body has “changed” since he signed with the Yankees, becoming a much more “stockier” player. It adds that his running speed has already dipped from outstanding to “closer to average” and that his arm strength has also “backed up.” The publication also cites concerns that Dominguez might have to move from center field to a corner outfield position as he continues to mature.>>

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/11/m...-rankings.html

Not what we want to hear. Disappointing.
    I recall seeing a video of Dominguez doing barbell glute bridge, with what looked like hundreds of lbs. This excercise is for developing your a ss muscles and getting a bigger butt. Why dominguez is doing this excercise is beyond me. Why are the trainers even allowing this? Is Dominguez being groomed as a baseball player or a body builder?

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Another one down the drain. Why even get excited with the stupid hype of these specs? They never never end up as projected anyway. Dominguez has already been passed up? All I ever heard from day 1 was he was the best Yankee spec ever. It reminds me of the great spec back in the late 80s early 90s that was signed as a 16 yr old, can’t remember his name, I think he was a catcher as well, huge signing bonus, but he folded up like a cheap tent.
    Acuna Jr., Tatis Jr, Guerrero Jr., and Volpe had very pedestrian freshman years in the minors and then exploded the very next season. Everson Pereira needed 2 seasons before he became the monster he is now. Peraza needed 3 seasons. Judge never even matured as a player till his first full season in the majors. It's incredible stupid to write off or anoint prospects as the next coming after one season.

2. 11-07-2021, 10:02 PM
    Reason
    trolling

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Jose Tabata 2.0
    Painful reference

Ignorance is bliss

<< Baseball America reports that Dominguez’s body has “changed” since he signed with the Yankees, becoming a much more “stockier” player. It adds that his running speed has already dipped from outstanding to “closer to average” and that his arm strength has also “backed up.” The publication also cites concerns that Dominguez might have to move from center field to a corner outfield position as he continues to mature.>>

Thank you drt. I knew I read it somewhere. I hope this is just simply a glitch and next year he gets back on the right track.

Now we're the favorite to sign Arias. He's supposed to be TB's Wandy 2.0. I pray this into existance !!!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    Now we're the favorite to sign Arias. He's supposed to be TB's Wandy 2.0. I pray this into existance !!!
    He's supposed to be special, he's been working out at the Yanks DR academy most of this last yr.

Bigger kid at 6'1 or 6'2 and 175 lbs at 15-16, so if he continues to fill out he might have a hard time stay at SS. That said he is supposed to be incredibly special, defensively with a plus, plus arm. Runs very well, and had great hands to ball skills from both sides of the plate.

The one thing about switch hitters, same thing with Dominguez, they have two swings to work on so it usually takes a bit longer for them to click.

Wandy is a freak of nature with how fast and young he developed, i wouldn't be to worried about any young player if they aren't in AA by the time they are 19

This is why I refuse to get overly excited about IFAs until they fulfill some of that potential in full season leagues. Just like top prospects, even the top IFAs rarely work out (most don't even play well enough to get out of the lower minors).

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    Yankees have been linked to him for some time, if memory serves. Another super SS. Seems it's getting awfully crowded. If Yankees were to sign one of the top shelf FA where does that leave Perraza, Volpe and now Arias?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    This is why I refuse to get overly excited about IFAs until they fulfill some of that potential in full season leagues. Just like top prospects, even the top IFAs rarely work out (most don't even play well enough to get out of the lower minors).
    I tend to agree. I like to see solid, consistent performance at AAA before I put that money in the bank.

Yankees have been linked to him for some time, if memory serves. Another super SS. Seems it's getting awfully crowded. If Yankees were to sign one of the top shelf FA where does that leave Perraza, Volpe and now Arias?
    Good problem to have. Stash one of them in Triple-A in case of an injury at SS or 2b, and trade the other in a package for an Ace pitcher, star CF, or star C (whichever they are unable to sign in free agency).

Since there are no star catchers in free agency that might be the trade you seek out, while signing Robbie Ray, Seagar, and Starling Marte.

I'm good with rolling with Voit at 1b if they are able to pull in that group.

Trading for a catcher would be tough. The only two catchers I would give up anything of value for in the league right now would be Salvador Perez and Will Smith. I don't think either one is getting traded. If either is available the Yankees should go after them hard. If not, their best bet is to stick with Sanchez and wait for their big catching prospects to make their way to the big leagues.

If the Yankees get the above players, or players of comparable talent in trades or FA signings, they will be in pretty good shape.

Rotation:

Cole
    Robbie Ray
    Taillon
    Montgomery
    Sevy, Gil, Schmidt, German, etc.

Lineup
    1. Marte CF
    2. Judge RF
    3. Seager SS
    4. Stanton DH
    5. Lemahiue 1b/3b
    6. Torres 2b
    7. Voit/Gio 1b/3b
    8. Gallo/Hicks LF
    9. Sanchez C

7/8/9 are definitely weak spots in the lineup. If they can somehow get an all-star first baseman that would make up for a lot.

I'd be very happy with that team though. I would say they would be 1-2 mid-season acquisitions from being contenders if they rolled that team out there.

Add to this a trade for Matt Olson or a true splurge for Freddie Freeman and I think the Yankees are the team to beat next year

Quote Originally Posted by Phoba Rama View Post
    Add to this a trade for Matt Olson or a true splurge for Freddie Freeman and I think the Yankees are the team to beat next year
    Now we are cooking with oil!!! I loved the above lineup but thought, what if they moved Gio and VOit and stuck DJ at 3rd?

Lineup
    1. Marte CF
    2. Judge RF
    3. Seager SS
    4. Stanton DH
    5-Olson/Freeman
    6. DJ 3b
    6. Torres 2b
    7. Gallo/Hicks LF
    9. Sanchez C

Flip Gary and get a lefty C who is a contact lefty? My lord.

We've done it!

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Now we are cooking with oil!!! I loved the above lineup but thought, what if they moved Gio and VOit and stuck DJ at 3rd?

Lineup
    1. Marte CF
    2. Judge RF
    3. Seager SS
    4. Stanton DH
    5-Olson/Freeman
    6. DJ 3b
    6. Torres 2b
    7. Gallo/Hicks LF
    9. Sanchez C

Flip Gary and get a lefty C who is a contact lefty? My lord.

We've done it!
    Payroll of about $285Mill? + Lux tax of $25Mill= total of about $310Mill?
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 11-10-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Payroll of about $285Mill? + Lux tax of $25Mill= total of about $310Mill?
    Yep. Unless they got Olson then more like 260. As a fantasy or dream lineup that would be really fun.

Ignorance is bliss

Chaparro HR. The sound is magnificent

https://yanksgoyard.com/2021/11/13/y...ome-run-video/

Ignorance is bliss

Thought this was worth reposting here, very good info.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Doc, i do understand where your coming from, but i think where we differ is about when we think Peraza will be ready. Volpe, while i am incredibly optimistic, he hasn't played in AA yet. In my experience AA is where you learn the most about a hitters true capability. A Ball is filled with pitchers that have 1 solid pitch, usually the FB and extremely inconsistent off speed stuff. In AA you start to see pitchers with far more complete pitch packages, you start to see them throwing better breaking balls that hitter rarely see in A Ball.

There are many examples of the better players both pitchers and hitters that have made the jump from AA to the MLB. If a player is able to square up and barrel both fastballs and off speed stuff in AA, most of the time that is an indication that they will be able to hit at the higher levels. Another thing that i look at, is how long it takes a hitter to adjust to AA pitching. If the numbers are pretty similar and the adjustment period is short at AA, thats another excellent indicator IMO. Flo looked like he was going to be incredible, till he hit AA and ran into good off speed pitches and has never fulfilled that early promise we saw in him. If you can hit at AA, especially as a 20-21 yr old, it's usually a pretty fair indicator that they will hit at the MLB level. If Peraza hadn't lost an entire yrs development last in 20 due to Covid, we probably wouldn't be looking for a SS, IMO

Peraza fits that, very well. As a 20-21 yr old he was 2yrs younger on the avg than his competition. In 111 Abs he hit .306/.386/.532. In AA, he was 3yrs younger that the avg. In 353 AB's he hit .294/.348/.466 with 16 2b's, 3 3b, 12 hrs and 20SB's. As u said his time in AAA consisted of 8 games, he was also was 5.5 yrs younger than his avg competition and he still managed to hit 286/.323/.393. His batting avg only went down 20 points from High A to AAA. The power numbers in AAA went down a bit but it was only 9 games. If the talking head's, scouts and what i've seen are accurate, he did all this while being the best defensive INF in our system. Like Cashman said the other day, he has zero doubts that Peraza could play SS defensively right now. . For comp sake Correa only played 53 total games above A ball when he was called up, Seager only played 124 games above A ball. If you look at both guys slash numbers compared to Peraza at the same age they are pretty similar. Peraza's numbers are very comparable to both those guys at the same age and levels and there are zero indications that he won't continue to improve like both those guys did when he reaches the MLB. His only real weakness on either side of the ball, is that he projects to only hit 20-25 hrs a yr, everything else is a strength. He also adds 1 thing that none of the top FA SS have and thats elite speed, he's got Wade type speed and that 1 thing we could desperately use in the lineup. Having a guy at the top that projects to steal 40 bags a yr and can always take an extra bag or 2 has its advantages as we saw this yr when, Allen, Vasquez and Wade were playing more.

My argument isn't that i think he's MLB ready offensively right now, like he is defensively, but he isn't multiple yrs away either. Would 1 one of the elite SS on the market be a better choice for next yr, especially if they are all in, yes. My contention is i don't believe that by the start of the 23 season, either Correa or Seager are going to be 30-35M AAV more valuable for the next 6-9 yrs after that.

If this wasn't the Yanks, most team if they needed a SS would probably give Peraza a shot to win the job in ST.

That same reasoning is why, if they spend on a premier FA SS, i lean heavily towards Seager. His bat is a much better fit for the lineup and isn't a potential powder keg in the clubhouse. You could live with him as SS for a yr, then move him to 3rd when Peraza is completely ready. If they did that i would even like them to get Peraza some reps in CF and mold him into a K Marte type player.

Besides SS, we also need a 1st baseman, a CFer, a better all around C would be great but looking around at what available, thats much easier said than done, IMO. I also think they could use another starting pitcher as well.

In CF we have Pereira, how has the makings of a stud and Dominguez whos only 49 games into his career. Neither has played about A Ball. Flo is a tool shed and has AAA and MLB experience. None of those guys, in anyway should stop them from acquiring a CF. We have Anthony Garcia at 1st base who looks like he could be an absolute monster. Both Sweeney and Wells are strong possibilities at 1st and both former 1st rounders. None of them have touched AA, by no means should that stop them from trying to get an elite 1st baseman. At C we have Sands, who looked very promising in AAA this yr, Breaux tore up AA, Wells is still making a go of it behind the plate and probably the best one, Antonio Gomez who has the fastest pop times in baseball, in the 1.9 range and is considered the best receiver and all around defensive C. None of those guys should stop the Yankees looking for a long term upgrade at C.

We are absolutely loaded with some very impressive pitching specs, all above AA. Gil, Schmidt, Medina, Wesneski, Waldichuk, Vasquez, with Gomez, Way and a couple others not far behind. As high as those guys ceiling are and even though any or all could heavily factor into our pitching staff next yr, but not one of those guys should stop the Yankees from looking hard to upgrade the rotation.

Peraza is 21, has preformed at an elite level on both sides of the ball, has shown almost immediate success at every level he has been challenged at and adds an element in speed and SBs we don't have in the lineup and won't get from any of the guys were looking at for SS. Everyone wants the next young star, Peraza has a legitimate chance to be that at SS while costing pennies compared to what its going to take to sign Correa or Seager and won't add 30-35m AAV to the payroll for the next 7-10, possibly 12 yr for Correa.

Peraza certainly isn't the ideal answer for next yr, especially when they appear to be going all in. That said, long term, which is something the Yanks always have to consider, is adding another 30M plus AAV minimum for 7-12 yrs really the right move? As mentioned we have quite a few other big holes they could use that capital for.

We have big, long term commitments to Cole and Stanton and have to sign Judge long term. If they add another huge contract, even though they are the Yankee's, these are Hal's Yankees not Georges. We've seen how payroll conscious Hal is, if we add a minimum of 65m to sign a SS and extend Judge, both long term, how long will it be before Hal decides to spend again? another 10plus yrs. Judge and Stanton's contract could be ugly the last handful of yrs, so could Coles. Is signing another player with extensive injury history that Correa and Seager both have really the best way to spend 300m plus this winter?? The last thing i want to see them do is add another Jake type that costs 30m plus a yr

Rock and a hard spot but when it comes down to it i don't think either player over the course of those contract is worth the kind of money they are expected to get or would out perform Peraza by that much to make it worth the massive risk