Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    That just means their value was lower than it should be. Even if Fowler and Kaprellian had been healthy, and had been at their maximum worth those 2 plus Mateo probably only equal the package the yankees gave up for Taillon. But then that raises the question of whether you think Taillon is equal value to Sonny Gray, which he isn't, by a long shot.
    If Fowler and Kap were healthy then that package was FAR greater than what they gave up for Tallion. Kap, Mateo, and Fowler were all top 100 prospects at a recent time when they made that deal. None of the guys the Yanks gave up for Tallion were ever top 100.

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (26-11): Two early home runs lifted Scranton to an easy 4-2 win over the bottom-dwelling Syracuse Mets.

Star of the Game: Socrates Brito – 2-for-3, 1 home run (5), 2 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 walk. Brito’s first-inning blast got things going for the RailRiders
    Estevan Florial: 0-for-3, 1 walk, 1 strikeout
    Kellin Deglan: 1-for-3, 1 home run (1), 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 2 strikeouts. Deglan is 4 for his last 10 with two extra-base hits
    Brody Koerner: 4 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, 68 pitches (43 strikes)
    Trevor Lane: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 26 pitches (15 strikes). The winning pitcher on Thursday, Lane hasn’t allowed a run in a single outing this season other than his implosion on May 22
    Greg Weissert: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K, 21 pitches (10 strikes). A successful enough Triple-A debut for the veteran reliever
    Sal Romano: 2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K, 17 pitches (11 strikes)
    Luis Garcia: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 9 pitches (8 strikes). Garcia wasted no time in securing an efficient 11th save

Michael Beltre. Photo by Matt Kardos.

Somerset Patriots (25-13): Ken Waldichuk endured some struggles for the first time this season, but his offense picked him up. Four home runs proved the difference as the Patriots trounced Richmond 9-3.

Star of the Game: Oswaldo Cabrera – 3-for-4, 2 home runs (6), 2 RBI, 3 runs scored. Cabrera hit two solo home runs, one in the third inning and one in the seventh, to pace Somerset’s offense
    Michael Beltre: 2-for-5, 1 home run (6), 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout. After a 1-for-17 stretch earlier this month, Beltre is 9 for his last 18
    Oswald Peraza: 0-for-3, 2 runs scored, 1 walk, 1 strikeout
    Diego Castillo: 3-for-4, 1 double, 2 RBI, 2 runs scored. It could be time for a new challenge for Castillo. Thursday marked his third consecutive game with three hits
    Donny Sands: 1-for-3, 1 home run (7), 4 RBI, 1 run scored. The veteran catcher is on a tear, with four home runs in his last three games. He’s raised his slugging percentage more than a hundred points in less than a week
    Ken Waldichuk: 4.2 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 5 BB, 7 K, 93 pitches (53 strikes). Nobody said it’d be easy, right? Waldichuk showed flashes in his Somerset debut but was also bitten by five walks and two home runs. Given that he didn’t give up a single run in High-A all season, we can all afford to be patient
    Nick Green: 2.1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K, 36 pitches (21 strikes). Green picked up the win in relief
    Ron Marinaccio: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K, 26 pitches (19 strikes)

Shawn Semple. Photo by Matt Kardos

Hudson Valley Renegades (22-15): Two out of three of Hudson Valley’s trio of aces have been promoted to Somerset – but Shawn Semple, sent in the other direction, looks set to take their place. The Renegades got the better of Jersey Shore 3-2 thanks to Semple’s sparkling outing.

Star of the Game: Shawn Semple – 6 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 11 K, 90 pitches (60 strikes). Semple wasn’t having a bad year at Somerset by any stretch and can’t be thrilled about the demotion, but he showed he’s no match for High-A hitters in dominating the BlueClaws
    Josh Smith: 2-for-4, 1 double, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout, 1 stolen base
    Anthony Seigler: 2-for-4, 1 caught stealing
    Elijah Dunham: 3-for-3, 1 walk, 1 stolen base
    Oliver Dunn: 1-for-3, 1 home run (2), 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 2 strikeouts. Dunn’s second-inning solo blast put the Renegades up by two
    Nelson L. Alvarez: 2 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 26 pitches (19 strikes)
    Derek Craft: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 0 K, 24 pitches (11 strikes). Craft, a 2018 draft selection making his High-A debut, ran into some trouble with his control but recovered to notch a save

Hoy Jun Park 2 R 1 H 2BB .372 BA .519 OBP 1.186 OPS

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Let me get this straight, a guy who is in your own system, who is a lefty contact bat, can steal bases and play plus defense doesn't deserve more reps than Odor?

I looked at their 40 man and it's a **** show. Peraza is on the 40 man. I love it but it's weird. It's also weird how many pitchers are on it, I know with injuries and flexibility you'd want more pitchers than potion players but as far as I saw, Peraza and Florial are the only position players in the minors on the 40 man.
    8 pitchers and 2 position players.

It sucks but I think Park is going to have a tough time getting called. Voit is almost ready and Gittens is heating up which makes first solidified, meaning DJ won't be playing there, he will play second. Torres looks like he's fine, so there's nowhere to play Park.

I've said that if they are within 5 at the break, they will be buyers. Say goodbye to Park

If they lose, and end up 10 or more back, I could see them moving Gio and Voit, which could clear a spot for Park but barring a more serious injury to Torres, I don't think he gets a shot.

Ignorance is bliss

The only reasons i can think of why they haven't given Park a shot yet are that the energy and "glue" Odor brings to the clubhouse means more than his BA or the just flat don't believe what Park is doing is sustainable in the MLB.

Tyler Wade was a much, much better hitter in AAA than his number at the MLB level would suggest. I believe Slick mentioned it before, but Wade is down something like .50 points down across the board .

Another possibility is they actually do see a place for Park and Ambergy, they both are killing it in AAA, and if they put them on the 40 man , they could take a chance on loosing them later in the yr.

I'm really going to hope that the reason those 2 haven't been given a chance yet is they don't want to risk loosing them later. I think they still have Sevy, Kluber and O Day on the 60 day IL, which mean if they make it back they will have to clear 40 man spots for them, plus any trades they might make.... If you absolutely know your going to need 40 man spots for guys you expect back who would you rather see cut Odor and Gittens or possibly Park and Ambergy

Their 40 man is kinda a mess because they had to put some prospects like Peraza, Medina, Gil and a couple other guys with huge talent but a couple couple yrs away on the 40 man or risk loosing them just like they lost Whitlock in the rule 5 draft.

Hopefully they see a future for a guy like Park but don't want to risk having to lose him when they re forced to create 40 man room when/if Sevy, Kluber and ODay get back
    Last edited by dayners81; 06-18-2021 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Let me get this straight, a guy who is in your own system, who is a lefty contact bat, can steal bases and play plus defense doesn't deserve more reps than Odor?

I looked at their 40 man and it's a **** show. Peraza is on the 40 man. I love it but it's weird. It's also weird how many pitchers are on it, I know with injuries and flexibility you'd want more pitchers than potion players but as far as I saw, Peraza and Florial are the only position players in the minors on the 40 man.

It sucks but I think Park is going to have a tough time getting called. Voit is almost ready and Gittens is heating up which makes first solidified, meaning DJ won't be playing there, he will play second. Torres looks like he's fine, so there's nowhere to play Park.

I've said that if they are within 5 at the break, they will be buyers. Say goodbye to Park

If they lose, and end up 10 or more back, I could see them moving Gio and Voit, which could clear a spot for Park but barring a more serious injury to Torres, I don't think he gets a shot.
    I think they're afraid that if Park doesn't work out they'll lose Odor's .190 bat!

Clown I believe some of those moves were for last seasons rule 5 protection.

I think they're afraid that if Park doesn't work out they'll lose Odor's .190 bat!
    And his spark

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Clown I believe some of those moves were for last seasons rule 5 protection.
    Thanks doc. I considered that but didn't know.
    With Ford gone, did a spot open up?

Ignorance is bliss

Thanks doc. I considered that but didn't know.
    With Ford gone, did a spot open up?
    I believe one has. It's unbelievable how much time was wasted on both Bruce and Ford at first base when Gittens was rotting away in AAA.

I believe one has. It's unbelievable how much time was wasted on both Bruce and Ford at first base when Gittens was rotting away in AAA.
    In fairness, I don't think the Voit injury could have been anticipated. They were dealing with back up players.

I agree I believe one spot has been opened up.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    In fairness, I don't think the Voit injury could have been anticipated. They were dealing with back up players.

I agree I believe one spot has been opened up.
    No one is disputing that, but it's rather the decision to go so long with bruce and ford that is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    If Fowler and Kap were healthy then that package was FAR greater than what they gave up for Tallion. Kap, Mateo, and Fowler were all top 100 prospects at a recent time when they made that deal. None of the guys the Yanks gave up for Tallion were ever top 100.
    True, but based purely on talent it's hard to argue against what the yankees gave up for Taillon. Roansy is as good, if not better than Gil or Medina, neither of which are rated in the top 100 either. I doubt you'd trade either for another pitcher with 2 tj surgeries, am i right? Miguel Yajure was already in the pirate rotation this season as a 22 year old, until he landed on the IL. Canaan and Escotto were minor league stars in their first years. There is some major talent here that is at worse equal to a healthy fowler, kap and mateo imo. But ultimately the argument is moot, because the reality is both Kap and Fowler were seriously injured when they were traded.

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (27-11): The RailRiders came back late to win their fourth in a row over the doormat Mets and their sixth in a row overall, 7-5.

Star of the Game: Albert Abreu – 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 5 K, 31 pitches (20 strikes). Any number of hitters could’ve earned this honor, but it goes to Abreu for his multi-inning save during which he at least temporarily solved his biggest issue: a lack of control
    Greg Allen: 2-for-5, 1 home run (1), 2 RBI, 1 run scored, 2 strikeouts. Allen chose a perfect moment for his first Scranton home run: down by one run, two outs, and one man on base in the bottom of the seventh
    Trey Amburgey: 2-for-4, 1 double, 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout
    Derek Dietrich: 1-for-2, 1 home run (4), 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout
    Rob Brantly: 2-for-4, 1 home run (4), 3 RBI, 1 run scored. The veteran Brantly is on a tear lately – he’s 6 for his last 17 with two homers over that stretch
    Nick Nelson: 4.1 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 66 pitches (40 strikes). Friday was Nelson’s longest outing of the season at any level
    Adam Warren: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 38 pitches (23 strikes). Warren relieved Nelson in the fifth and gave up a fielder’s choice, two walks, and a grand slam
    Braden Bristo: 1 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 0 K, 11 pitches (7 strikes). Despite serving up a bomb to veteran major leaguer Jeff McNeil, Bristo emerged with the win

JP Sears pitching for the Somerset Patriots on May 7, 2021. (Chris Jones)

Somerset Patriots (26-13): Somerset has won five in a row and six of seven since dropping four straight last week. Two home runs and lockdown pitching from partners-in-crime Janson Junk and JP Sears did the job in an 8-1 win over Richmond.

Star of the Game: Luke Voit – 3-for-4, 1 home run (1), 3 RBI, 3 runs scored. This was certainly Voit’s best game of either rehab stint this season. It shouldn’t be long before he rejoins the Yankees lineup
    Oswald Peraza: 2-for-4, 1 double, 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout
    Oswaldo Cabrera: 3-for-4, 1 double, 3 RBI. Cabrera drove in three runs during the game’s first two innings with a single and a double
    Thomas Milone: 2-for-4, 1 home run (4), 1 RBI, 2 runs scored, 1 strikeout. After a month with Scranton, Milone was re-assigned back to Somerset and picked up right where he left off
    Janson Junk: 6 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 4 K, 75 pitches (48 strikes). Junk has a miniscule 1.03 ERA in 35 innings this season
    JP Sears: 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 7 K, 47 pitches (30 strikes). Sears picked up a multi-inning save and lowered his own ERA to 1.98

Yankees infield prospect Ezequiel Duran at the plate for the Staten Island Yankees (Robert M. Pimpsner/Pinstriped Prospects)

Hudson Valley Renegades (23-16): The streaking ‘Gades split a doubleheader with Jersey Shore, losing the first game 6-2 and capturing the nightcap 2-0.

Game 1

Star of the Game: Josh Smith – 1-for-3, 1 home run (2), 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 strikeout. Smith smacked his second leadoff home run in a Hudson Valley uniform – but the Renegades were already down 4-1 at that point
    Ezequiel Duran: 1-for-3, 1 run scored
    James Nelson: 1-for-3, 1 RBI
    Josh Maciejewski: 3 IP, 3 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, 5 K, 69 pitches (44 strikes)
    Elvis Peguero: 2.1 IP, 3 H, 2 R (1 ER), 1 BB, 2 K, 38 pitches (26 strikes)
    Charlie Ruegger: 0.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K, 7 pitches (5 strikes)
    Game 2

Star of the Game: Matt Minnick – 3.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 5 K, 55 pitches (34 strikes). Minnick earned the win in a dazzling relief outing
    Josh Smith: 2-for-3, 1 triple, 1 double, 1 strikeout. On the day, Smith only missed the cycle by a single
    Ezequiel Duran: 2-for-2, 1 double, 2 RBI, 1 walk. During this doubleheader, Smith and Duran combined to drive in three of the Renegades’ four total runs. They went a combined 6-for-11 while the rest of their team managed six hits total
    Jefry Valdez: 2.2 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 2 K, 55 pitches (33 strikes)
    Justin Wilson: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K, 9 pitches (6 strikes). Wilson grabbed an uneventful save

Randy Vasquez (Photo by John Brophy/Pinstriped Prospects)

Tampa Tarpons (27-13): Hopefully just a quick bump in the road for the most successful of all Yankees affiliates, who dropped both halves of their doubleheader to Bradenton 3-1 and 8-2.

Game 1

Star of the Game: Randy Vasquez – 5.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R (0 ER), 0 BB, 7 K, 79 pitches (55 strikes). Vasquez was wildly impressive and received no run support. He has put together a great season at just 22 years of age, striking out 34 over 30.1 innings
    Juan De Leon: 1-for-2, 1 home run (4), 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 walk, 1 strikeout. De Leon’s fifth-inning solo home was the extent of the Tarpons’ offense in this one
    Anthony Volpe: 1-for-3, 1 double, 1 walk
    Austin Wells: 0-for-3, 1 walk, 1 strikeout
    Trevor Hauver: 0-for-4, 3 strikeouts
    Nelvin Correa: 1.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 4 K, 32 pitches (17 strikes)
    Game 2

Star of the Game: Jesus Bastidas – 2-for-2, 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 1 walk. Slim pickings for stars in this game. Bastidas was the only Tarpon with more than one hit. That’ll have to suffice
    Anthony Volpe: 1-for-1, 1 double
    Trevor Hauver: 0-for-2, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts. Hauver was never going to sustain his blistering early May pace, but the drop-off has been swift
    Austin Wells: 1-for-3, 1 double, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts
    Ryan Anderson: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 4 ER, 4 BB, 1 K, 34 pitches (13 strikes)
    Edgar Barclay: 3.2 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, 75 pitches (51 strikes)
    Wellington Diaz: 1.2 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 39 pitches (20 strikes)
    Tanner Myatt: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K, 19 pitches (12 strikes)

Peraza seems to be starting to catch up to AA
    Junk needs a promotion.

Ignorance is bliss

Odor, a .190 hitter, has not only blocked Park this season but also Gittens it seems. The yankees love their sub .200 hitting veterans.

Page 28 of 49 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast