Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    If they thought they were getting an ace then that is just a bad gamble. I advocated for trading for Tallion for a while and I was hoping they'd get a high end #3 or best case scenario get a #2 starter.
    They gave up far more for a less proven, two time TJ surgery loser than they gave up for a healthy 27 year old Sonny Gray, who was a #2 starter at the time and arguably a #1. The yankees literally gave up 2 injured prospects to Oakland, and a decent A ball prospect. There was no way they were hoping for a number 2 and were settling for a number 3. They could have paid Taijuan Walker 7 million if they wanted that. This was a steal for the pirates. I'd bet anything they would have settled for Nick Green in AAA, Cessa, Ford/Gittens to replace Bell and Estrada.
    Last edited by Webslinger; 06-15-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Yankees promote Luis Gil to Triple-A. Baseball America's No. 4 Yankees prospect is a step away from the majors.
    Kuty

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Full list of transactions.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Luis Medina will make his Double-A debut tomorrow.

Ken Waldichuk will make his Thursday.

Hayden Wesneski makes his on Saturday.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Thanks Slick. This is exciting to see.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    They gave up far more for a less proven, two time TJ surgery loser than they gave up for a healthy 27 year old Sonny Gray, who was a #2 starter at the time and arguably a #1. The yankees literally gave up 2 injured prospects to Oakland, and a decent A ball prospect. There was no way they were hoping for a number 2 and were settling for a number 3. They could have paid Taijuan Walker 7 million if they wanted that. This was a steal for the pirates. I'd bet anything they would have settled for Nick Green in AAA, Cessa, Ford/Gittens to replace Bell and Estrada.
    Idk it just depends on how you look at those guys. Two were injured but the A's opted for the high risk, high reward guys.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Idk it just depends on how you look at those guys. Two were injured but the A's opted for the high risk, high reward guys.
    That just means their value was lower than it should be. Even if Fowler and Kaprellian had been healthy, and had been at their maximum worth those 2 plus Mateo probably only equal the package the yankees gave up for Taillon. But then that raises the question of whether you think Taillon is equal value to Sonny Gray, which he isn't, by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Yankees promote Luis Gil to Triple-A. Baseball America's No. 4 Yankees prospect is a step away from the majors.
    Kuty
    I want to be excited but after Cashman's comments about being buyers, I have a bad feeling about all of these promotions

Ignorance is bliss

Scranton/ WB RailRiders: Up 1 game over Worchester (BOS). Won 12-6 over the Mets.

Notable performances:

-Estevan Florial had a monster game today going 3 for 5 with 2 doubles, a home run, 3 RBI, and 4 runs scored. After struggling mightily for a long stretch, he seems to have caught fire these last 2 games. Hopefully he continues to show improvement.

-South Korean prospect Hoy Jun Park also had an excellent game going 4 for 4 with a triple and 3 RBI. He's batting .365 with 5 HR and 18 RBI with the RailRiders. He's 25 years old and has been in the system for a long time so if he keeps this up, look out for a promotion if there's a spot for him.

-Deivi Garcia couldn't even make it out of the first inning and recorded just 1 out. He gave up 5 ER on 2 hits and 4 BB. He had absolutely zero control as suggested by the walks. Hopefully he can turn it around but he has struggled mightily. I'm starting to get worried about his confidence at this point, because he has WAY too much talent to be struggling like this.

Somerset Patriots: Up 2.5 games over Portland (BOS). Won 10-1 over Richmond.

Notable performances :

-LUKE VOIT! He went 1 for 4 (single) with 1 SO. Replaced in the 8th by Max Burt.

-Oswald Peraza went 3 for 4 with a triple. This is the first game in which he really broke out since the promotion from Hudson Valley.

-Diego Castillo went 3 for 4 with a double, HR, and 4 RBI. He's batting .330 with 6 HR and 17 RBI. He's also got just 12 SO on the season! He's 23 years old so look out for a promotion to the RailRiders if he keeps this up.

-Glenn Otto pitched an impressive 7 innings of 1 run ball. He allowed only 3 hits, 2 walks, and FOURTEEN strikeouts! He's pitched very well in June so far after a slow start in May. He's 25 years old so he's on promotion watch if he keeps building on his great pitching in June.

Hudson Valley Renegades: Up 1 game over Aberdeen (BAL). Won 6-5 over the Blue Claws.

Hudson Valley had just 6 hits today and scored their runs on a WP, a Chad Bell 3R HR, an Isaiah Pasteur RBI single, and a Josh Breaux walk off home run. They're kind of lucky to win this game as they mostly did so on some very clutch hitting.

-Jhony Brito had an unusually bad start today going just 4 innings with 4 ER allowed. However, most of the hits he allowed are ground ball singles so it sounds like he got BAPIP'd to death in this one. He's currently got a 3.16 ERA in 7 starts this season.

Tampa Tarpons: Up 4 games over Bradenton (PIT). Won 10-5 over Bradenton.

Notable performances :

-Anthony Volpe extended his hitting streak to 11 today going 1-4 with a walk and run scored.

-Austin Wells went 3-4 with an RBI, walk, and run scored. He had a 3 game home run streak snapped today. However, he has a 5 game hitting streak.

-Jake Sanford went 4-4 with a home run, an RBI double scoring Wells, and a walk.

Final line on Luis Media in his Double-A debut:

5.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 10 K. 91 P - 59S.

2 of those 3 runs scored after Medina exited the game.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Final line on Luis Media in his Double-A debut:

5.2 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 10 K. 91 P - 59S.

2 of those 3 runs scored after Medina exited the game.

Hell of a first start in AA, 102 on the gun... Showing out just in time for Cashman and his urgency
    Last edited by dayners81; 06-16-2021 at 10:43 PM.

20. Yankees: Gunnar Hoglund, RHP, Mississippi
    The Yankees wouldn’t mind if Benny Montgomery made it here, but save that, they’re not afraid of taking a Tommy John surgery guy like Hoglund and could also look at Florida high school right-hander Andrew Painter.

We've been connected to him quit a bit since his injury. If he gets to them he could end up being a steal

All the mock drafts that i've seen lately have us connected to pitching mostly, seems as there is some interest in a C and a HS OFer

Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders (25-11): Hoy Jun Park’s RBI single in the bottom of the ninth to tie the game set the stage for Brantly’s heroics in the tenth as the RailRiders overcame an early 5-2 deficit to win 10-7 over Syracuse.

Star of the Game: Rob Brantly – 2-for-5, 1 home run (3), 3 RBI, 2 runs scored. With runners on second and third and one out in the tenth of a tie game, Brantly could’ve simply lifted a fly ball to the outfield; instead, he lifted one over the wall
    Hoy Jun Park: 1-for-2, 1 RBI, 4 walks. Park got on base all night long and extended the game with his one-out single in the ninth
    Estevan Florial: 1-for-4, 3 runs scored, 2 walks, 2 strikeouts
    Trey Amburgey: 1-for-5, 2 runs scored, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts

Thomas Milone: 3-for-5, 1 RBI, 1 run scored, 2 strikeouts
    Luis Gil: 5 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, 95 pitches (58 strikes). Gil was tagged for two home runs in his Triple-A debut
    Brooks Kriske: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 1 K, 32 pitches (19 strikes)
    Sal Romano: 0.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K, 4 pitches (2 strikes)
    Reggie McClain: 2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 3 K, 34 pitches (25 strikes)
    Nick Goody: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 11 pitches (8 strikes). Goody’s perfect top of the tenth earned him his fourth win of the year

Somerset Patriots (23-13): A wild, back-and-forth affair saw the Patriots tie the score in the bottom of the ninth and rally twice in extras to emerge with a 7-5 win over Richmond.

Star of the Game: Donny Sands – 1-for-5, 1 home run (6), 3 RBI, 1 run scored. Sands hit his third home run in the last two nights in the bottom of the 11th inning to send everybody home happy
    Luke Voit: 0-for-3, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts
    Oswald Peraza: 1-for-4, 1 run scored, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts
    Diego Castillo: 3-for-5, 1 RBI, 2 runs scored, 1 strikeout. Castillo has opened the series against the Flying Squirrels with back-to-back three-hit games
    Michael Beltre: 2-for-4
    Isiah Gilliam: 1-for-4, 1 RBI, 1 strikeout. Gilliam’s clutch two-out double scored the tying run in the bottom of the ninth
    Luis Medina: 5.2 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 10 K, 91 pitches (59 strikes). The first domino to fall (or rise?) in Hudson Valley’s dominant rotation trio was Medina, who thoroughly impressed in his Double-A debut
    Michael Gomez: 1.1 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 1 K, 23 pitches (17 strikes)
    Keegan Curtis: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K, 19 pitches (12 strikes)
    Stephen Ridings: 2 IP, 1 H, 1 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 5 K, 33 pitches (26 strikes)
    Zach Greene: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K, 4 pitches (4 strikes)

Hudson Valley Renegades (21-15): A see-saw matchup between the BlueClaws and Renegades ended in Jersey Shore’s favor by a 6-4 score.

Star of the Game: Josh Breaux – 4-for-5, 1 double, 1 RBI, 1 run scored. Breaux followed up his walk-off home run on Tuesday with his fourth multi-hit game and first with four hits this season
    Josh Smith: 2-for-4, 1 double, 2 runs scored, 1 walk, 1 strikeout
    Anthony Seigler: 1-for-4, 1 double, 1 run scored, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts

Mitch Spence: 4 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 67 pitches (43 strikes)
    Charlie Ruegger: 1 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 2 K, 38 pitches (18 strikes)
    Nick Ernst: 2.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 6 K, 44 pitches (29 strikes)
    Justin Wilson: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K, 34 pitches (19 strikes)

Tampa Tarpons (27-11): A rain-shortened evening saw Bradenton take home a six-inning victory over the Tarpons, 3-2.

Star of the Game: Anthony Volpe – 1-for-3, 1 double, 1 RBI, 1 strikeout. Volpe recorded Tampa’s only extra-base hit of the night and boasts a healthy .955 OPS
    Austin Wells: 0-for-3, 2 strikeouts
    Trevor Hauver: 0-for-2, 2 strikeouts
    Pedro Diaz: 1-for-2, 1 RBI, 1 run scored
    Jhonatan Munoz: 4 IP, 1 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 6 K, 62 pitches (38 strikes)
    Anderson Munoz: 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K, 19 pitches (11 strikes)

Gil got roughed up in his first start. Good! See how he adjusts and regroups.

Medina had a decent first AA start. Ks right up where they have been.

Can they please call up Park?

Ignorance is bliss

Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast