Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 265
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    34,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Except it does indicate toughness, sure it's not smart to do it some times, but the season is on the line. If you can play then you can play. If a player isn't going now, they better just not be able to go at all. Load management is one thing, sitting out when you can play with the season on the line is about 10 levels weaker than load management. If he can't go then he can't go, but if he's just sitting to be "smart" he can just keep on sitting because the season is over if that's what's happening.
    This, if you aren't tough, sport just isn't for you anymore.

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,119
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Talk to me when they actually miss the playoffs man, it's not gonna happen. The season feels on the line, but it isn't.

    They're not losing a play in series

    His career and the chance of winning a title are more important than making it more comfortable going into the postseason

    I disagree that it indicates toughness in any way.
    It's tougher to make the smarter decision and sit out honestly.

    Yes, elimination doesn't matter if he isn't healthy. It's simple.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    It's not about making it more comfortable. It's that this team is not ready to compete and the only way to get ready is for these guys to play. Like I said, if he can't go then he can't go, but if he's just resting to be comfortable himself, well then the season might already be over.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    It's concerning coz I think the Clippers had a similar issue last season involving kawhi/pg sitting out most of the games and guys like Trez didn't seem to like the idea of sacrificing chemistry just to cater to the "top dawgs"
    Yeah and that's the exact point here as well. If LBJ can go but is just kind of sitting back because he doesn't feel like it, guys aren't going to go to war with him. They will absolutely lose respect for someone who does that. It honestly didnt seem like there were physical limitations when he was playing, he just seemed out of rhythm, which is why I question whether it's really a physical issue at this point

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    This, if you aren't tough, sport just isn't for you anymore.
    Exactly. I'm sure other guys are playing hurt as well. DS plays like a dummy a lot of the times, but he's been playing through several injuries for a while now. If you're someone like that, you lose respect for a guy who can go and who you need but theyre just sitting because they dont feel fully comfortable yet.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 05-07-2021 at 01:47 AM.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    12,265
    Good news is that I missed the game. Bad news is that I was demoing my bathroom instead.


    Wtf. Did Vogel’s wife play with Gasols empanadas and threw Marc in the dog house?

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,982
    You guys are cracking me up.

    Yeah, you figured it out. Bron is soft and sits out just to rest . He doesn't leave it all on the court Kobe would play no matter what!

    /sarcasm

    (Kobe didn't play in the load management Era, either. Can't even speculate how he would have treated it, no matter how he played or what he would have said regarding the subject. Any speculation is just throwing **** against the wall)


    -It's simple. Playing to get chemistry doesn't matter if Bron isn't healthy. At all. Waste of time.


    -Trying to heal up a bit more is the smart play.

    -0 percent chance that he isn't doing what he believes puts the Lakers closer to a championship this season. He isn't sitting to "be comfortable " because that's impossible.


    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 05-07-2021 at 02:06 AM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    12,265
    If the Lakers organization has any balls they should just sit AD and Lebron for the rest of the season and the Lakers not make the playoffs. Teach the NBA a lesson on why you shouldn’t do that short of a turnaround and rest those two 2 extra months and start fresh next season with a fully healthy AD and Lebron. Then destroy next season. That quick turnaround is not sitting well with those two. Let’s see how much money the NBA will lose with Lebron not being in the playoffs.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    So, the Flippers are the new owners of LA
    Somebody scuuurrreeddd !!!!

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    If the Lakers organization has any balls they should just sit AD and Lebron for the rest of the season and the Lakers not make the playoffs. Teach the NBA a lesson on why you shouldn’t do that short of a turnaround and rest those two 2 extra months and start fresh next season with a fully healthy AD and Lebron. Then destroy next season. That quick turnaround is not sitting well with those two. Let’s see how much money the NBA will lose with Lebron not being in the playoffs.
    This

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,119
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    You guys are cracking me up.

    Yeah, you figured it out. Bron is soft and sits out just to rest . He doesn't leave it all on the court Kobe would play no matter what!

    /sarcasm

    (Kobe didn't play in the load management Era, either. Can't even speculate how he would have treated it, no matter how he played or what he would have said. Any speculation is just throwing **** against the wall)

    #lakers

    #purpleandgold


    It's simple. Playing to get chemistry doesn't matter if Bron isn't healthy. At all. Waste of time.


    Trying to heal up a bit more is the smart play.
    0 percent chance that he isn't doing what he believes puts the Lakers closer to a championship this season.


    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Well we do know what kobe did do based on the era he did play in and he would have absolutely played...like a game or two after the injury...no one is expecting LBJ to be kobe though, we are expecting him to play if he can go.

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Well we do know what kobe did do based on the era he did play in and he would have absolutely played...like a game or two after the injury...no one is expecting LBJ to be kobe though, we are expecting him to play if he can go.
    Theoretically, if the Lakers are more likely to win the championship with Bron sitting a couple more games, no matter the situation, it is stupid to play.


    It's about winning it all and what gives the team the best chance to do it. Nothing else.



    Kobe played in a different era


    He played with his body, his brain, his injury in his exact circumstances.

    Can't say who would have done what under the same circumstances because they're a different person. Everything is unique.
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 05-07-2021 at 02:19 AM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  12. #222
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Theoretically, if the Lakers are more likely to win the championship with Bron sitting a couple more games, no matter the situation, it is stupid to play.


    It's about winning it all and what gives the team the best chance to do it. Nothing else.



    Kobe played in a different era


    He played with his body, his brain, his injury in his exact circumstances.

    Can't say who would have done what under the same circumstances because they're a different person. Everything is unique.
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    This isn’t a Kobe vs LeBron thread so please kindly GTFO. You’re not even a Laker fan

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,119
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Theoretically, if the Lakers are more likely to win the championship with Bron sitting a couple more games, no matter the situation, it is stupid to play.


    It's about winning it all and what gives the team the best chance to do it. Nothing else.



    Kobe played in a different era


    He played with his body, his brain, his injury in his exact circumstances.

    Can't say who would have done what under the same circumstances because they're a different person. Everything is unique.
    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    It seems highly unlikely that if he's not ready right now he will somehow be ready in a few days. If he can go in a few days, he likely can go now but is opting not to.

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    29,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    It seems highly unlikely that if he's not ready right now he will somehow be ready in a few days. If he can go in a few days, he likely can go now but is opting not to.
    Like I said, doesn't even matter anyway

    If the belief is that him sitting out makes the Lakers more likely to make a championship run, then it's stupid to play him.

    It isn't black and white. And playing isn't "tougher "
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    This isn’t a Kobe vs LeBron thread so please kindly GTFO. You’re not even a Laker fan
    Good one. No.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,778
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    You guys are cracking me up.

    Yeah, you figured it out. Bron is soft and sits out just to rest . He doesn't leave it all on the court Kobe would play no matter what!

    /sarcasm

    (Kobe didn't play in the load management Era, either. Can't even speculate how he would have treated it, no matter how he played or what he would have said regarding the subject. Any speculation is just throwing **** against the wall)


    -It's simple. Playing to get chemistry doesn't matter if Bron isn't healthy. At all. Waste of time.


    -Trying to heal up a bit more is the smart play.

    -0 percent chance that he isn't doing what he believes puts the Lakers closer to a championship this season. He isn't sitting to "be comfortable " because that's impossible.


    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    You guys crack me up... 1 minute later you're typing in..... "Playing with chemistry doesn't matter if LeBron is not healthy"

    Damn. No offense but that's one of the most stupid things that I've read in PSD and I've been here awhile. Definitely top 3.

    I clearly understand that LeBron James is among the very, very best to play the game but to say something like fck chemistry, we need a healthy LeBron otherwise fck the season.

    Yikes. That's a bad look

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •