Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 265
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,771
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    This right here. I think we got a great shot if LBJ is healthy. He gots the best #2 in the NBA in AD, KCP & AC understand and excel in their roles. When we were fully healthy Kuzma started playing both sides of the court and became a very good rebounder, he expanded his game outside of just scoring. Kief knows whats up, Harrell will score very efficiently and rebound. Gasol should excel in the playoffs when the games slow down. AD2 needs to walk the talk he said in his signing presser, he said he was gonna come in and do whats asked of him. Contribute however the team needs, don't worry so much about getting touches, LBJ will get him the ball within the flow of the game. DS needs to stop worrying about his next contract and contribute to a championship team. Same goes for THT.

    But if we don't win it then we should be very hungry next season, no excuses
    Good summary and I agree

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,782
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Life is already stressful enough, never stress things that are out of your control. We either win or we don't.

    Or are you playing on both sides of the fence again? If we lose you say, "I told you so" but if we win you say you were just kidding the whole time? You were just using reverse psychology?
    It's that simple.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,474
    Its always that simple, that is a dead end answer and cannot be debate . Someone has to win and someone has to lose but thats not the discussion. Thats one of those Kyrie answers to end a conversation.
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-06-2021 at 10:00 AM.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,474
    It more falls on who wins and who goes home. If they dont win this year where do they go from here. I think everyone knows you either win or go home in the fishing boat.
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-06-2021 at 10:08 AM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,203
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    It more falls on who wins and who goes home. If they dont win this year where do they go from here. I think everyone knows you either win or go home in the fishing boat.
    You don't go anywhere. The team comes back and makes some minor adjustments next year to shore up some weaknesses. First, the team has had significant injury issues to their two best players. Second, winning back-to-backs is significantly harder than winning two championships on separate years. It's why Duncan never did it once in his entire career and why LBJ has only ever done it once and never on two full seasons. The warriors were only able to do it once as well. It's why those back-to-back championships and 3-peats carry so much more weight than simply winning the same number of titles in non-consecutive years. It's not easy being physically and mentally drained and battling injury and still staying focused with the entire league gunning for you and building their teams specifically to knock you off. That's why only the most elite stars and teams are able to win back-to-backs. Not being able to do it doesn't mean you need some major overhaul though.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,782
    Lol Thank God we won it all without Kawhi Leonard though. Tbh, I'll take LBJ's 'cautiousness' (marathon not sprint approach) over Kawhi's load management and those silly demands from uncle D.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5,849
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Life is already stressful enough, never stress things that are out of your control. We either win or we don't.

    Or are you playing on both sides of the fence again? If we lose you say, "I told you so" but if we win you say you were just kidding the whole time? You were just using reverse psychology?
    Naw I’m stressed


    I don’t like how Rob just said Rondo walk and thought antivaxxing Schroeder was the second coming

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,841
    We went after the wrong PG from OKC..

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    18,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Lol Thank God we won it all without Kawhi Leonard though. Tbh, I'll take LBJ's 'cautiousness' (marathon not sprint approach) over Kawhi's load management and those silly demands from uncle D.
    Our championship window would be way more open right now if we had Kawhi...oh wait, we just won a ****ing championship without him while he got bounced before the conference finals...[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    12,280
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    It's been almost 2 years already, time to let go Homie. You're looking like Idawg with Randle.
    Ya but look how good Randle is playing now.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    12,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Lol Thank God we won it all without Kawhi Leonard though. Tbh, I'll take LBJ's 'cautiousness' (marathon not sprint approach) over Kawhi's load management and those silly demands from uncle D.


    If the Lakers don't win it this year, I just don't want the Clips to win it. Anyone else. Ok not the Celtics either.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,474
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    But I think you’re missing the point that LeBron is older, way more injury prone, Father Time is catching up ... quickly!

    AD is just made of glass. Let’s be real.


    There is no other 3rd star. This is why it was crucial to have gotten Kawhi last summer ... for long term sustainability. We don’t have that right now. The championship window is already closing before it even fully opened.
    Getting Kawhi would have came with a certain level of risk. His camp and Lebron camp had the potential to clash. Lakers wanted pg13 and i think he would have been a good fit chemistry wise. Where i felt they had control but made a few questionable move was letting their young go for free and given up to much for Davis. Even with that i cant say it turned out bad because they won Last season and have some decent players now. But i can see where it shortened the Window. The chemistry is off this season for a number of reasons and got to factor in Health.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,474
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    You don't go anywhere. The team comes back and makes some minor adjustments next year to shore up some weaknesses. First, the team has had significant injury issues to their two best players. Second, winning back-to-backs is significantly harder than winning two championships on separate years. It's why Duncan never did it once in his entire career and why LBJ has only ever done it once and never on two full seasons. The warriors were only able to do it once as well. It's why those back-to-back championships and 3-peats carry so much more weight than simply winning the same number of titles in non-consecutive years. It's not easy being physically and mentally drained and battling injury and still staying focused with the entire league gunning for you and building their teams specifically to knock you off. That's why only the most elite stars and teams are able to win back-to-backs. Not being able to do it doesn't mean you need some major overhaul though.
    Sure they can try and revamp but that is what they did this season. On paper this team is better than last season. The financial situation will also complicate things. Guys will no longer accept lower contracts fearing it will be risky. Duncan had years to get to 5 while adding young talent. Lebron dont have time or young talent. Its more about Lebron time line. So if the talented younger Warriors window closed early what make you think we have that kind of time. Lakers have to win back to backs or even 3 peat. After next season if it stays on this path the window will shut. Exactly, with the x on your back you cant expect what is hard today will be more easy tomorrow.

    We were down this road many times in the past. West/Bill, Kareem/Magic, Kobe/Shaq, Kobe/Pau. For this team as constructed its not about back to backs its about lining up with your stars time frame. Their physical capabilities. To be honest i have more confidence this season since Lebron will be a year older. It remain to be seen if Davis can pick up the slack or land another player that can help. We signed both Harrell and Dennis to fill that gap. This is a big if but if Dennis, Dre and Harrel leave and Caruso and THT sign their deals where does the extra cash comes from when you have no trade chips?

    As far as health goes that a risk any season one you have to live with. Right now we a living the reality of a long grind. How can we forget last minute dashes with Nash, Kobe, Pau, Howard or Payton, Kobe, Malone, Shaq. History is more on the side of win now not tomorrow.
    Last edited by ldawg; 05-06-2021 at 02:39 PM.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    39,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    You don't go anywhere. The team comes back and makes some minor adjustments next year to shore up some weaknesses. First, the team has had significant injury issues to their two best players. Second, winning back-to-backs is significantly harder than winning two championships on separate years. It's why Duncan never did it once in his entire career and why LBJ has only ever done it once and never on two full seasons. The warriors were only able to do it once as well. It's why those back-to-back championships and 3-peats carry so much more weight than simply winning the same number of titles in non-consecutive years. It's not easy being physically and mentally drained and battling injury and still staying focused with the entire league gunning for you and building their teams specifically to knock you off. That's why only the most elite stars and teams are able to win back-to-backs. Not being able to do it doesn't mean you need some major overhaul though.
    Mamba did it twice with less resources around him in the second one.
    Soon to be seen together!

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,474
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Mamba did it twice with less resources around him in the second one.
    In last ditches Lakers lost both times. One was hampered with injuries, egos, trial. The other was hampered with Injuries, bad coaching fit, Chemistry.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •