Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Let's get this win guys

Go Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    You should really reflect on your crush for that man...it has nothing to do with minute total particularly since no one can match Lebron's minute total. It's about pain tolerance, Kobe was known for having a huge pain tolerance and playing with multiples serious injuries.

Lebron barely got injured his whole career, his two biggest injuries were during his Lakers tenure and he ended missing 20 games both times, so he might just not have any pain tolerance at all.
    It isn't about pain tolerance, at all. It's about avoiding a career threatening injury.

The Lakers can't win without a healthy LeBron. Making the playoffs or avoiding the play in is 100 percent pointless if he is injured.

Playing "to be tough" isn't the smart move.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I’d sit him out until the playoffs. We aren’t going to win a ring without him so you might as well, even if we have to play in the play in tournament because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wake me up when the Flippers could be on the same level as our glorious team.
    They will be so eager to beat us this time, but no one is champ before the actual play offs.
    This minus the last ring and conference title.
    Last edited by New Power House; 05-04-2021 at 08:52 PM.
    Soon to be seen together!

Lebron needs to suck it up. He’s had plenty of rest. Time to get going.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    I’d sit him out until the playoffs. We aren’t going to win a ring without him so you might as well, even if we have to play in the play in tournament because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We won’t win if he sits until the playoffs. Our chemistry is awful right now.

Disregard
    Last edited by blams; 05-04-2021 at 08:34 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Kobe was never close to this minute total. Not even remotely close. And doubtful. Lmaoooooo

Not surprising to hear. Dude is an all time iron man.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Doubtful that kobe would've played?? Nah dude, it's much more doubtful that he would've missed any games at all with that injury. You might not know this, but throughout Kobe's career he would routinely have a major injury and the prognosis would be something like out 6-10 weeks and will require surgery. Literally the next game, he was on the court and basically would play through it and get surgery at the end of the season. This sort of thing happened with ankles, his back, his knees, his fingers, his shoulders, the wrist on his shooting hand, his knees. Most seasons, kobe was playing at around 70-80%. That's what a lot of non-laker fans don't realize. In 2012 actually, I think kobe had like 3-4 of those injuries in consecutive weeks and he basically played through all of them. There is no moment that better embodied a careers worth of this than when Kobe tore his achilles and got up walked to the line and sank two free throws to ultimately win a critical game the lakers needed to get into the playoffs. This is an injury that guys collapse and cry on the floor with. This dude gets up and sinks two free throws to send his team to overtime in a critical game and then walks off the court.

LBJ is an ultimate iron man, but he has never shown that sort of grit or toughness or ability to play through injuries (I'm not sure any athlete in any sport ever has) ...and to be fair, LBJ has played in the easiest era to play in terms of physicality and risk of injury.

The new running MVP last night could not go over our rarely used Gasol. That is encouraging. We will be needing him a lot.
    Soon to be seen together!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Doubtful that kobe would've played?? Nah dude, it's much more doubtful that he would've missed any games at all with that injury. You might not know this, but throughout Kobe's career he would routinely have a major injury and the prognosis would be something like out 6-10 weeks and will require surgery. Literally the next game, he was on the court and basically would play through it and get surgery at the end of the season. This sort of thing happened with ankles, his back, his knees, his fingers, his shoulders, the wrist on his shooting hand, his knees. Most seasons, kobe was playing at around 70-80%. That's what a lot of non-laker fans don't realize. In 2012 actually, I think kobe had like 3-4 of those injuries in consecutive weeks and he basically played through all of them. There is no moment that better embodied a careers worth of this than when Kobe tore his achilles and got up walked to the line and sank two free throws to ultimately win a critical game the lakers needed to get into the playoffs. This is an injury that guys collapse and cry on the floor with. This dude gets up and sinks two free throws to send his team to overtime in a critical game and then walks off the court.

LBJ is an ultimate iron man, but he has never shown that sort of grit or toughness or ability to play through injuries (I'm not sure any athlete in any sport ever has) ...and to be fair, LBJ has played in the easiest era to play in terms of physicality and risk of injury.
    True Laker fans know what a warrior Kobe Bean Bryant was!

BM 2024! Who’s with me! Blams, just FYI, Kobe would have been down for a couple of games and been back and playing well at 80%. Lebron can’t play at that level injured. Very very few can. That’s basically what we are saying. Heck, AD misses a game if he thinks he is injured.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    BM 2024! Who’s with me! Blams, just FYI, Kobe would have been down for a couple of games and been back and playing well at 80%. Lebron can’t play at that level injured. Very very few can. That’s basically what we are saying. Heck, AD misses a game if he thinks he is injured.
    haha, thanks my man!

You hit the nail on the head here about Kobe's ability to play at a high level with severe injuries. I's inevitable that laker fans will compare LBJ to Kobe and it's probably not entirely fair because I'm not sure we've ever seen a player who can play through injuries like kobe did. He was from a different era though where players didn't really site out or rest unless they absolutely couldn't go. It's honestly a big part of what made kobe seem like a super hero. It likely shortened his career, but as the saying goes, no guts no glory.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 05-04-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    True Laker fans know what a warrior Kobe Bean Bryant was!
    Yeah, no doubt. We saw this guy go through war year in and year out to stay on the court. A lot of it honestly seems like made up legend that many probably wouldn't believe unless they saw it as it happened or if there wasn't actual footage of it happening.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 05-04-2021 at 10:52 PM.

haha, thanks my man!

You hit the nail on the head here about Kobe's ability to play at a high level with severe injuries. I's inevitable that laker fans will compare LBJ to Kobe and it's probably not entirely fair because I'm not sure we've ever seen a player who can play through injuries like kobe did. He was from a different era though where players didn't really site out or rest unless they absolutely couldn't go. It's honestly a big part of what made kobe seem like a super hero. It likely shortened his career, but as the saying goes, no guts no glory.
    Yep. It did shorten his career but it was on his terms. He was just wired differently. RIP Mamba.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Yep. It did shorten his career but it was on his terms. He was just wired differently. RIP Mamba.
    I didn’t tell you guys this for whatever reason but some of the younger Green Berets at Fort Bragg got Mamba Mentality tats above their unit Crest tats after he passed.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast