Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Do we really have enough offense to win a WS?

Feels like we didn’t move the pieces we could afford to move, like Burger, Lopez, and other OF specs. Would have liked an impact bat, like Schwarber, or Gallo.
    Why wouldn't we? We'll have everyone minus Madrigal back for the playoff run (knock on wood).

A lot of our main guys are going to have to turn it around. Abreu, Moncada, TA, all need to start turning it on. Although we will be getting Jimenez, Robert and Grandal back, we have been getting by with pitching and solid contributions from subs. None of our position players are having an all star caliber season thus far. They are going to have to play better.

A lot of our main guys are going to have to turn it around. Abreu, Moncada, TA, all need to start turning it on. Although we will be getting Jimenez, Robert and Grandal back, we have been getting by with pitching and solid contributions from subs. None of our position players are having an all star caliber season thus far. They are going to have to play better.
    Yeah it's not that we have a lack of hitting, it's that our good hitters aren't hitting to their potential. We have plenty of hitting to match our good starting pitching and now pretty damn good BP.

Even with the injuries and slumps, the Sox have still managed to be top 5 in most batting categories. They haven't hit many HRs, but that could start to change when these guys start playing to their potential plus the addition of Hernandez. The only thing that really worries me moving forward is health. We can't seem to catch a break with injuries.

I’m not so sure I wouldn’t keep Goodwin over BHam if we had to choose 1. We might need to send someone like Sheets down, being that we have options with him, and keeping Bham and Goodwin up. I like Goodwins hitting but BHams D and pinch running are big weapons
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 07-30-2021 at 09:35 PM.

How about we sign Semien?
    It would have to be on the lower end. I think he's 33
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Goodwin vs Hamilton is a tough call, but Goodwin can hit and his D is good, has to be him - IMO.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Goodwin vs Hamilton is a tough call, but Goodwin can hit and his D is good, has to be him - IMO.
    I like Goodwin more. He doesn’t steal bases like Hamilton, and Hamilton makes the impossible look routine on D, but Goodwin just makes me feel comfortable when he’s up to bat in a big spot.

September rosters only expand to 28 I think - Billy has probably seen his last game barring something unexpected.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I think Goodie's walk off may have cemented his place on the 26 man. A week or so ago the answer may have been different after Sheets walk-off. I was just looking at Vaughn's splits on Fangraphs. he is hitting .233 against RH pitching with only 6 HR. I think he can improve on that, but if not, he could be used in a platoon (perhaps with Sheets) until he does. Worse case scenario would be a Sheets/Vaughn platoon at DH.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    I think Goodie's walk off may have cemented his place on the 26 man. A week or so ago the answer may have been different after Sheets walk-off. I was just looking at Vaughn's splits on Fangraphs. he is hitting .233 against RH pitching with only 6 HR. I think he can improve on that, but if not, he could be used in a platoon (perhaps with Sheets) until he does. Worse case scenario would be a Sheets/Vaughn platoon at DH.
    Platooning Vaughn and Sheets isn’t a bad idea. When you’re trying to win a championship, development should take a slight backseat to production. Fact is Vaughn produces better Vs Lefty’s and Sheets is better Vs Righties.

IMO - Vaughn has earned his way into the everyday lineup.
    For 2022, I'd really like to see Eloy learn to play 1B, he and Abreu can switch off at DH.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Vaughn started really slow against righties, but his numbers have been coming along quite well recently against them. If you put any weight in recency bias, then things are looking pretty good in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
    Even with the injuries and slumps, the Sox have still managed to be top 5 in most batting categories. They haven't hit many HRs, but that could start to change when these guys start playing to their potential plus the addition of Hernandez. The only thing that really worries me moving forward is health. We can't seem to catch a break with injuries.
    I continue to be amazed by that, especially considering that no White Sox regular is having a really good year offensively. The subs have filled in quite nicely. However I am more concerned about the consistency. I think we have stacked up some stats in a handful of blowout wins. The lack of any all-star caliber offensive production concerns me. Do any of our regulars have an ops over .800?

Abreu has me concerned. Swinging at terrible pitches. Dropped a ball at 1st. Dropped a foul I think he easily coulda had. K’d with a passed ball and just walked away with no energy

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast