Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 109
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,385
    I might have considered Milwaukee’s depth, but now that it looks like Yelich may be falling apart at the seams, they need what they have.

    The Hamilton thing was a low risk chance to take to see if you could catch lightning in the bottle, but the situation has changed and that experiment needs to be over. We need an outfielder who can at least put a ball in play and be semi productive. Doesn’t have to be a gamechanger, but competent.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    10,168
    Maybe if the Cubs fall way back in the standings mid season, we take a guy like Marisnick? He’s having a solid year and plays good defense

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Probably at work!
    Posts
    19,087
    With Nick Madrigal now done for the season who would you like the Sox to acquire? I think they really need a second baseman, yes Leury and Mendick can do it but think they're both more suited for utility roles. Leury can play all outfield positions and infield except for 1B. Mendick all infield positions as well.

    Eduardo Escobar, Jonathan Schoop, Adam Frazier, Ketel Marte should all be available, but some of those guys will cost more than others. What say you?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,385
    Matte is probably going to cost too much. Frazier is having a great year, but Ive read that his numbers are far better than his peripherals, meaning you will probably have to overpay.
    Schoop would not be bad, and the guy from Baltimore might be available. There may also be more available in the next 3-4 weeks.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    10,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Matte is probably going to cost too much. Frazier is having a great year, but Ive read that his numbers are far better than his peripherals, meaning you will probably have to overpay.
    Schoop would not be bad, and the guy from Baltimore might be available. There may also be more available in the next 3-4 weeks.
    Marte would cost a Small fortune for sure. Frazier I’m torn on his cost. He’s always been solid but this is the first years he’s been good. Not so sure it’ll take a kings ransom.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3,777
    Unless cheap, I think I want the team to stay pat at 2b.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    10,168
    Schoop should be cheap. He’s tearing the cover off the ball. I wouldn’t complain here.

    Frazier will cost a little more, but I don’t think he costs upper echelon specs. Let them have a pitcher a fielder age 24+ out of our system. Those guys aren’t contributing here, but they could contribute in Pittsburgh. He fills a whole now and next year on a bargain deal, so it makes sense as well.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,385
    I think Schoop or another cheap option is probably the way to go, because at this point it looks like we are going to need some bullpen help. While there is some time for improvement, we are well over 60 games in and it probably is what it is. Outside of Hendriks, Crochet (still young and unproven) and Kopech when he gets back, our bullpen has been as shakey as the bottom of a baggy of ditch weed.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    10,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I think Schoop or another cheap option is probably the way to go, because at this point it looks like we are going to need some bullpen help. While there is some time for improvement, we are well over 60 games in and it probably is what it is. Outside of Hendriks, Crochet (still young and unproven) and Kopech when he gets back, our bullpen has been as shakey as the bottom of a baggy of ditch weed.
    The Bullpen will be fine when Kopech is back. Kopech is reliable. Crochet has been pretty reliable aside from those early season extra inning games. Bummer has been screwed by 3 errors in 3 of the games where he blew leads. That leadoff out makes a huge difference. He's fine. Marshall was pretty good tonight. Hendriks gives me heartburn but he's getting the job done.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    9,901
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    The Bullpen will be fine when Kopech is back. Kopech is reliable. Crochet has been pretty reliable aside from those early season extra inning games. Bummer has been screwed by 3 errors in 3 of the games where he blew leads. That leadoff out makes a huge difference. He's fine. Marshall was pretty good tonight. Hendriks gives me heartburn but he's getting the job done.
    I do think the bullpen will be fine down the stretch barring injury. With Kopech and Crochet back and healthy, it will likely be one of the better shut down pens late innings.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,111
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Unless cheap, I think I want the team to stay pat at 2b.
    I agree with Brett about standing pat at second with Mendick.

    I would like to see another set-up guy in the bullpen. Heuer and Bummer have disappointed in some close games recently.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    6,901
    https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-s...-deadline-rays
    Hahn is “very optimistic” that Jimenez and Robert will play again this season. For Jimenez, the biggest hurdle likely will be discomfort in the extension of his swing. For Robert — who roams far, wide and ever so fast in the outfield — it’s about getting back up to full, unfettered running speed.
    Feel this thread is a waste of time and agree in the article depleting the farm is not worth it. Like giving up Tatis JR for a over rated SP Shields who was crap. Plus heard on ESPN 1000 that TLR is comfortable platooning 2B between Mendick and Garcia.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3,777
    Honestly Leury the past two weeks or so has been money
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    10,168
    Sounds like we are close to getting Eduardo Escobar. Prolly super cheap. Solid vet. I wouldn’t mind this at all

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3,777
    Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Sounds like we are close to getting Eduardo Escobar. Prolly super cheap. Solid vet. I wouldn’t mind this at all
    He's fine but really not much of an upgrade that what we have now. He's not going to plug the sinking ship.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •