Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    4 games is a wide margin when youíve only played 25-30 games

Didnít realize we were last in runs scored (albeit ~5 games less than most of the league), and second to last in runs per game, only ahead of the explosive Detroit Tigers

Pitiful at home with 2.8 runs per game (good for last place)
    Its not a huge margin. That said, yeah the offense and defense have been subpar. Still think the offense will be fine before the season is over. The mediocre defense is going to plague them all season.

This offense has too many guys with good career resumes to continue struggling all season, although the numbers with RISP is concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its not a huge margin. That said, yeah the offense and defense have been subpar. Still think the offense will be fine before the season is over. The mediocre defense is going to plague them all season.

This offense has too many guys with good career resumes to continue struggling all season, although the numbers with RISP is concerning.
    If you extrapolate that over a full season, getting blown out by 20+ games is a huge margin. You canít say being back 4 games this early in the season is not a lot, the same way I shouldnít be saying itís 20+ by seasons end

However, we should be a better team over the next 130 games

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    If you extrapolate that over a full season, getting blown out by 20+ games is a huge margin. You canít say being back 4 games this early in the season is not a lot, the same way I shouldnít be saying itís 20+ by seasons end

However, we should be a better team over the next 130 games
    At this point, any team going on a streak of 4 - 0 or 0 - 4 will rise or sink quickly. After 130 games, that same streak won't have as much an effect unless you're < 4 games out of first.

However now is the time to get corrected and in a good position so that after 130 games, you're either in first or not too far out. You don't wait until 130 games to start correcting the mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...26319499448327

Not surprised. Rojas might be next if the struggling continues.
    Which would be a shame. I like Rojas. Wanted him and was vocal about it when they hired Beltran. Got my wish when Beltran embarrassed himself. That being said, this team is lacking. So I understand the look to change things up. Getting rid of the PC and HC is usually the first sign. If they don't start hitting and winning. Rojas will be gone.

https://twitter.com/MichaelSalfino/s...16024119496724

Still think the Mets offense will get it right long term. They have to be better with RISP though.

Quote Originally Posted by RGB92 View Post
    My guess on Donnie? It's just Pete doing his best Kenny Powers impersonation in the batting cages with the guys and they thought it was hilarious. And then this whole secretive thing is just a big inside joke. It wasn't meant as shade towards Chili or anything like that.
    I'm not gonna say I told you so...

but yeah I called it lol.

https://twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1391775065340104706

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345