Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    To me the more impressive thing was watching him out of the box. He bounced and flew.
    He's still young, give him some time and a few more dingers he'll be working on his bat flip and styling his HR trot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    To me the more impressive thing was watching him out of the box. He bounced and flew.
    From what i've seen Florial always puts his head down and runs hard when he hits a HR. From what i've read about him he doesn't feel like it his place to show up a pitcher. The kids mental makeup is off the chart. He started taking English classes at 16, when he first signed, because he wanted to be able to communicate fluently with his teammates.

After his 1st season stateside he went home and learned how to cook big, healthy meals. Because he got a big signing bonus he had a bigger place, so his teammates always hung out at his house. He noticed that they mostly were eating fast food and pizza so he took it upon himself to learn to cook so that his team was eating healthier. I've read a number of stories like that about his personality, leadership qualities and work ethic. I'm still hoping he can become the player we hoped he would be a couple yrs ago and take over in CF for us sooner than later. I would much rather see him in the lineup than Hicks. It would be great to have a solid, young LH bat in the lineup capable of playing all world defense

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    From what i've seen Florial always puts his head down and runs hard when he hits a HR. From what i've read about him he doesn't feel like it his place to show up a pitcher. The kids mental makeup is off the chart. He started taking English classes at 16, when he first signed, because he wanted to be able to communicate fluently with his teammates.

After his 1st season stateside he went home and learned how to cook big, healthy meals. Because he got a big signing bonus he had a bigger place, so his teammates always hung out at his house. He noticed that they mostly were eating fast food and pizza so he took it upon himself to learn to cook so that his team was eating healthier. I've read a number of stories like that about his personality, leadership qualities and work ethic. I'm still hoping he can become the player we hoped he would be a couple yrs ago and take over in CF for us sooner than later. I would much rather see him in the lineup than Hicks. It would be great to have a solid, young LH bat in the lineup capable of playing all world defense
    I like everything about this post. I make no apologies for the fact that I like to see guys run hard out of the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just looking at pitching stats and saw 2 old friends at the top of the saves leader board. Mark Melancon is leading the NL and MLB overall.

Ian Kennedy, i didn't realize he was still in BB, is leading the AL with 9. I remember when Hughes, Joba and Kennedy were all coming up and Kennedy was clearly the 3rd best prospect of that group and 15yrs later he's still in the MLB and had a very nice career. I don't think anyone would have picked Kennedy to have the best career of those 3 or still a dominate reliever at 36

I was just looking at pitching stats and saw 2 old friends at the top of the saves leader board. Mark Melancon is leading the NL and MLB overall.

Ian Kennedy, i didn't realize he was still in BB, is leading the AL with 9. I remember when Hughes, Joba and Kennedy were all coming up and Kennedy was clearly the 3rd best prospect of that group and 15yrs later he's still in the MLB and had a very nice career. I don't think anyone would have picked Kennedy to have the best career of those 3 or still a dominate reliever at 36
    That is absolutely insane that the Joba, Hughes, Kennedy era was 15 years ago. Wow.

Daryl Van Schouwen
    @CST_soxvan
    Yankees starters have allowed three runs or fewer in 28 of 32 games, tied with White Soxs for most in the American League

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    I'm not against bringing up florial

But just be aware, because he is not in Triple-A, for him to come onto the 26 man roster, he has to quarantine to a certain amount of days before he can be activated. I think it's 5 days, but I'm not 100% sure on the days.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I'm not against bringing up florial

But just be aware, because he is not in Triple-A, for him to come onto the 26 man roster, he has to quarantine to a certain amount of days before he can be activated. I think it's 5 days, but I'm not 100% sure on the days.

Even more reason to go ahead and bump him up to AAA to prepare him for the majors.

Day I was joking about Florial. It was motivated and in response to clowns comment about him flying and bouncing out of the box. I marveled at his mammoth moonshot, clown focused on his hustle out of the box.

All I have heard here and read elsewhere suggests he works hard at his craft. He's dedicated to the game, improving himself and helping his team win. Can't ask for more.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Even more reason to go ahead and bump him up to AAA to prepare him for the majors.
    Yeah I'm not sure the thinking or reasoning in having him down in AA ball.

He is also on the 40 man so probably wouldn't have to dfa anyone to bring him up.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Kennedy was supposed to be a starter though . Either way I am surprised if those three that only Kennedy is left . Then again with how they ruined joba and how mediocre Hughes was , it should be that big of a surprise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Kennedy was supposed to be a starter though . Either way I am surprised if those three that only Kennedy is left . Then again with how they ruined joba and how mediocre Hughes was , it should be that big of a surprise ...
    Both Joba and Hughes were the #1 prospects in baseball in consecutive yrs if i remember correctly. I know at 1 time BA had Hughes at #1 and Joba #3 one yr. The best i remember Kennedy being was in the 75-100 range.

I agree they absolutely ruined Joba with the "rules". He was so dominant in the beginning that they couldn't decide where to put him. He had 4 legit above to plus pitches, just leave him as a starter

I think Hughes issue was mentally. He never seemed to due well in pressure situations after 09.

Kennedy was a starter till a couple yrs ago in KC where he re invented himself as a reliever. He actually throws harder now than when he was with us

From Joe Girardi: J.T. Realmuto has told him that the energy saved from catching on one knee rather than the conventional stance is enormous. "It allows you to play them more. The value of that is maybe greater than the value of a couple of balls that gets past them."

Found this to be interesting, since Gary does the one knee thing now and gets crap from certain folks for it.

Andujar sent back down to triple A.

Assuming this is the move for Voit.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Andujar sent back down to triple A.

Assuming this is the move for Voit.

Gross. What can Ford do that Andujar can't? Even if he isn't good at 3B, at least he could fake it there a game or two at a time. Ford offers nothing.

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast