Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    So where do you want the yanks to go from here? Make a trade for a legit CF, a Marte type (or revisit a hicks type trade and get Buxton from the twins), or push in for a Max Scherzer and use some bubble gum and a bandaid in CF? Of course this is assuming Hal gives the ok to extend payroll. But for this exercise letís just assume he does, or Cash figures out a way to offset costs.

Iíve gone back and forth, but I think Iíd rather use my chips for Max. Cole and Max 1-2 I think holds more value

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    So where do you want the yanks to go from here? Make a trade for a legit CF, a Marte type (or revisit a hicks type trade and get Buxton from the twins), or push in for a Max Scherzer and use some bubble gum and a bandaid in CF? Of course this is assuming Hal gives the ok to extend payroll. But for this exercise letís just assume he does, or Cash figures out a way to offset costs.

Iíve gone back and forth, but I think Iíd rather use my chips for Max. Cole and Max 1-2 I think holds more value
    As much as I want max , with hicks being on the dL , the need for a long term cf is greater . So I say go and trade for a really good cf not Byron buxton, aka hicks 2.0 .

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    He spent over a month combined on the dL in 2017 due to reoccurring oblique injuries . Then in 2018 he started the season on the dL with yet another muscle injury .that one caused him to miss about 2 weeks

That is not correct. Regardless, That is having a a short term, issue with an oblique over the course of a year.. It is not injury prone.
    Stanton is injury prone. So is judge. Hicks was not injury prone preceding the contract.

How much time did Elsbury serve on the IL?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post

I don't trade clue chips for Max. I only move them for a Bieber type pitcher. I also want to wait and see how Sevy does. This team has pitching depth and right now, 4 starters are pitching really well. Is sheer going to do any better than the last 5 starts? I know that won't continue but I think the rotation is shaping up nicely.

Marte would really be a great fit in this lineup. I would spend some to get him. He also becomes a great mid length solution of CF. Dominguez is slated for 2023-24 arrival, if that happens, Marte has the job till it's taken from him and then slides into a corner.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I don't trade clue chips for Max. I only move them for a Bieber type pitcher. I also want to wait and see how Sevy does. This team has pitching depth and right now, 4 starters are pitching really well. Is sheer going to do any better than the last 5 starts? I know that won't continue but I think the rotation is shaping up nicely.

Marte would really be a great fit in this lineup. I would spend some to get him. He also becomes a great mid length solution of CF. Dominguez is slated for 2023-24 arrival, if that happens, Marte has the job till it's taken from him and then slides into a corner.
    I had posted something about David Peralta you have Marte, either player works for me, biggest problem is one is making over 6 the other is making over 7, and if Hal is firm in his payroll restrictions then we need to shed some salary. How bout this? When Britton comes back weíre dealing from a strength,,bullpen arms. Now obviously with where Arizona is they have no need for bullpen help theyíre looking for young controllable talent, maybe we get a third team involved? Maybe we get either Peralta or Marte, and we send a bullpen arm to team C and Arizona gets some young talent from us and team C?

Big question with how good Loiasaga has looked would you be willing to trade Chad Green?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is not correct. Regardless, That is having a a short term, issue with an oblique over the course of a year.. It is not injury prone.
    Stanton is injury prone. So is judge. Hicks was not injury prone preceding the contract.

How much time did Elsbury serve on the IL?
    Actually it is correct he missed most of September of 2017 with his second dL stint . And that followed his first one 3 months earlier for over 10 days . And I donít care what anyone says , 3 dL stints in 2 years is an injury prone player to me . And judge has been called injury prone since his first two injury plagued seasons too .

And btw from 15 to 17 , hicks played 308 games , while elsbury during that same time period played 371 games . Now tell me again how hicks wasnít injury prone before he got his contract
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-24-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I had posted something about David Peralta you have Marte, either player works for me, biggest problem is one is making over 6 the other is making over 7, and if Hal is firm in his payroll restrictions then we need to shed some salary. How bout this? When Britton comes back weíre dealing from a strength,,bullpen arms. Now obviously with where Arizona is they have no need for bullpen help theyíre looking for young controllable talent, maybe we get a third team involved? Maybe we get either Peralta or Marte, and we send a bullpen arm to team C and Arizona gets some young talent from us and team C?

Big question with how good Loiasaga has looked would you be willing to trade Chad Green?

I would trade Green. Either Tallion or Sevy is going to have to go to the pen, so they will need room.
    Marte is a guy for whom I'd give up Garcia or Schmidt and a lower level, high ceiling talent. I think they could find a package that might get it done. It may be tough because he is a really good player, he is young and under a decent contract for a few years.
    Peralta is a solid player and a good lefty bat, my issue with giving up pieces is age. I also like the speed MArte brings.
    I think guys like Benintendi are interesting as well.

Ignorance is bliss

I would trade Green. Either Tallion or Sevy is going to have to go to the pen, so they will need room.
    Marte is a guy for whom I'd give up Garcia or Schmidt and a lower level, high ceiling talent. I think they could find a package that might get it done. It may be tough because he is a really good player, he is young and under a decent contract for a few years.
    Peralta is a solid player and a good lefty bat, my issue with giving up pieces is age. I also like the speed MArte brings.
    I think guys like Benintendi are interesting as well.
    I like Benintendi as well and look at all these three players as very good solutions, but I think Cash is gonna have to get his creative juices going with a third team. We are gonna have to shed some payroll and it wouldnít be the first time we did a three way with Arizona. I know a lot of teams are looking for outfield help but teams in the mix are always looking for bullpen help. Letís do this!!!!

Actually it is correct he missed most of September of 2017 with his second dL stint . And that followed his first one 3 months earlier for over 10 days . And I donít care what anyone says , 3 dL stints in 2 years is an injury prone player to me . And judge has been called injury prone since his first two injury plagued seasons too .

And btw from 15 to 17 , hicks played 308 games , while elsbury during that same time period played 371 games . Now tell me again how hicks wasnít injury prone before he got his contract

How much time did Jacoby spend on the IL before he was signed with the yankees? More time or less time than hicks before he signed?

Ignorance is bliss

I like Benintendi as well and look at all these three players as very good solutions, but I think Cash is gonna have to get his creative juices going with a third team. We are gonna have to shed some payroll and it wouldnít be the first time we did a three way with Arizona. I know a lot of teams are looking for outfield help but teams in the mix are always looking for bullpen help. Letís do this!!!!

I am down. Get some young lefty hitters

Ignorance is bliss

How much time did Jacoby spend on the IL before he was signed with the yankees? More time or less time than hicks before he signed?
    Not nearly as much with the Yankees but atleast he had more 100 game seasons than hicks has had to far

Not nearly as much with the Yankees but atleast he had more 100 game seasons than hicks has had to far
    Answer the question.

Ignorance is bliss

Answer the question.
    I did

I did
    No. You didn't but I will give you a clue because you know where this is going, 1 of Elsbury's injuries cost him more time on the IL than all of hicks's time put together in the years before they signed long term.
    That is math. That is one of Jake's injuries. I'll give you another hint. Another injury for the Sox cost hime even more time. Another one cost him 30 games. That was the least time spent on the Il

And if you understood math and baseball, you would understand that Hicks played in over 100 games every year from 2010-2016 (8 times). Where in that exact timeframe, Jake did it 6 times.

Ignorance is bliss

Marte is making 6M this yr but with the way the contract averages out his AAV , which is what counts against the tax is only 4.8M. If we got him around the deadline he would be owed only around 2m that would count towards the luxury tax.

Devi, Alcantara plus a lottery ticket to AZ, Justin Wilson being sent to a 3rd team for salary cap reason and We get K Marte back. Value wise according to trade simulator works and we'd still be under 210M... I would try and make that deal all day, IMO

Page 22 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast