Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Albert Pujols is staying in Los Angeles: He and the Dodgers have agreed to a major league contract for the rest of the season, Jorge Castillo of the LA Times reports.

makes no sense

I would guess 2nd week in June for Britton, last week in June for Sevy, and early July for Schmidt.
    Last edited by Stevemil505; 05-15-2021 at 05:54 PM.

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Hicks is going on the injured list.

According to Jack Curry: ''To replace Hicks on the roster, the Yankees will recall Ryan Lamarre.''

I believe there was an open spot on the 40 man since Bruce retired. So that's how he should end up on it, I believe.

I don't believe Florial is eligible to be called up yet. He needs to be in Triple A for 10 days due to covid restrictions. From my understanding.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 05-15-2021 at 11:10 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Hicks is going on the injured list.

According to Jack Curry: ''To replace Hicks on the roster, the Yankees will recall Ryan Lamarre.''

I believe there was an open spot on the 40 man since Bruce retired. So that's how he should end up on it, I believe.

I don't believe Florial is eligible to be called up yet. He needs to be in Triple A for 10 days due to covid restrictions. From my understanding.

Thats the only way this makes any sense.... Hopefully they just called up Lamarre for an emergency and it won't be a huge loss if they cut him in a week when Florial is clear

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Thats the only way this makes any sense.... Hopefully they just called up Lamarre for an emergency and it won't be a huge loss if they cut him in a week when Florial is clear
    I think at the moment, it would have been Greg Allen. If he hadn't hurt himself on a foul ball of his shin.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I think at the moment, it would have been Greg Allen. If he hadn't hurt himself on a foul ball of his shin.

It's got to suck for Allen and Amburgey. I agree with you that Allen would have been the likely first guy they called, with Amburgey the next. Both players would have a legit opportunity had either been healthy.

Talk about timing.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Albert Pujols is staying in Los Angeles: He and the Dodgers have agreed to a major league contract for the rest of the season, Jorge Castillo of the LA Times reports.

makes no sense

Surprising for sure. Thought he'd end up DH'ing in the AL.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Another Yankee staffer has tested positive for covid.

Rougned Odor had “a really good day yesterday,” Aaron Boone said. He could be activated during the Rangers series.

Florial wasn’t eligible for big league roster having just reported to AAA. Boone cited a 72-hour rule. Doesn’t sound like he would be imminent callup, but Boone noted that being on 40-man makes him an option as situation warrants.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    It's got to suck for Allen and Amburgey. I agree with you that Allen would have been the likely first guy they called, with Amburgey the next. Both players would have a legit opportunity had either been healthy.

Talk about timing.
    Is Amburgey hurt too? Didn't even know that, what is wrong with him?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Is Amburgey hurt too? Didn't even know that, what is wrong with him?
    Not sure. I saw he was on the 7 day. Hopefully nothing remotely serious

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

Talk about timing.

he's eligible to come off the DL in 4 days. Considering Hicks won't be back for months, if at all, i wouldn't consider it an opportunity lost for him. It's only bad if someone else comes along, grabs that job, and the FO quickly forgets about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    he's eligible to come off the DL in 4 days. Considering Hicks won't be back for months, if at all, i wouldn't consider it an opportunity lost for him. It's only bad if someone else comes along, grabs that job, and the FO quickly forgets about you.
    Thanks, That's good to know.
    The guy they used today was, shall we say, not impressive?

Ignorance is bliss

Gittens is hit .323 with a 1.297 OPS. I sure wish that they would give him a look instead of Ford or at DH if Stanton is going to be out long.

Page 11 of 81 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast