Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 109 of 123 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1845
    This sums it up succinctly, not offered as an excuse, but a reality.

NY State of Mind@MakroPolitix

31m

The 2021 #Yankees: A Tragedy in Three Acts

Act I - Key players underperforming: DJ, Gleyber, Gio, Chappy

Act II - Key players injured: Hicks, Voit, Kluber, German, Taillon, Britton, Loaisiga

Act III - Key players slumping: Gallo, Gary, Green

Yankeesource
    @YankeeSource

1h
    5 questions I have with the 2022 Yankees in priority:

1. Who is the new manager?
    2. What is the plan to fix Gleyber?
    3. Which starter will they add to this rotation?
    4. What do they do to make this offense more dynamic?
    5. How many years will it take to extend Judge?

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post

31m

Act II - Key players injured: Hicks, Voit, Kluber, German, Taillon, Britton, Loaisiga

Injuries isnít really a strong excuse for this season when both Tampa and Boston Have had their share of injuries too. Especially Tampa who has been without their ace for half the season . And you canít call what gary is hitting a slump when he had been hitting that way since 2018. He should be in act 1
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-12-2021 at 03:44 PM.

Yankeesource
    @YankeeSource

1h

1 Beltran
    2 move him to 2nd
    3 I think at the right price Thor could make alot of sense. He desperately needs to rebuild value, he already works with Cressey and has elite stuff when he's healthy. He's probably only looking for a 1yr deal so that would be good for us because he wouldn't be blocking all the pitching talent we should see in the next 2yrs.
    They have always liked Robby Ray and have tried trading for him multiple times, but he's going to want a huge deal. Does he leave the Jays when he's finally found success?
    They also have been connected to Jon Grey and German Marquez, so those are also possibilities I could see
    4) They need more balance and athleticism in that lineup
    5) 7yrs 245m? because of his age, extending Judge is a difficult question. He deserves a big pay day but would he consider anything less than 10yrs? He's stayed injury free this yr and that has been the biggest question about him. I absolutely want to resign him but i would be worried about anything longer than7yrs

1. Buck , Beltran is a cheater why bring a cheater to manage this team ?

2. Trade Torres . He isnít the long term answer for the yanks infield with guys like volpe and peraza waiting in the wings and this seasonís free agency class being rich in short stops

3. Max . as intriguing as Thor is , I donít like the idea of adding a 4th starter to the rotation who has had TJ in the last 3 years .

4. Try to resign rizzo and get more high contact hitters for the line up .

5 . I am hoping 5 to 6 , he is gonna be 31 in his first year of his new contract . Anything longer is nuts
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-12-2021 at 03:25 PM.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

31m

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Injuries isnít really a strong excuse for this season when both Tampa and Boston Have had their share of injuries too. Especially Tampa who has been without their ace for half the season . And you canít call what gary is hitting a slump when he had been hitting that way since 2018. He should be in act 1

Ron White would love this, he would say something like, his famous line "you can't fix stupid"

It's truly remarkable that a poster can write a post with the first line stating, this is not an excuse and another poster respond and say, the info in the post is not a good excuse.

Ignorance is bliss

Yep. I give up. I have no words. I have no patience. I no longer have the capacity to understand.

Yankeesource
    @YankeeSource

1h

1- I don't know. I like Beltran but I think he's like Boone in the sense. I like the idea of a guy like Kotsay. I don't know a ton about him but what I've read and he seems to be a tough love kind of guy and he's in the As organization I would also love Cone
    2-Back to second or trade him
    3-I don't know that you add anyone. Cole, Tallion Monty are your first 3. I would hope Gil, Schmidt, Sevy, German... can fill the others. But maybe a guy like Castillo? He's been better in the later part of the year. He's got 2 years under control. I think you could put together a good package (Torres?). I wouldn't spend a ton and I only trade for a guy under 30.
    4-Make Allen and Florial your LF/CF and live with it. Get rid of Gallo. Stanton can DH and play a few days in the OF to give the other a breather. If you can get Rizzo, on a 2 year deal with a club option, do it. If not let him go. Either keep Voit or stick Gallo at first. I also with. till ST. If Peraza is ready, give him SS. Whatever you do, you have to get more contact and speed.

5-no more than 6 with a club option for 7

Ignorance is bliss

Yep. I give up. I have no words. I have no patience. I no longer have the capacity to understand.
    He doesn't want people to understand. He's not a troll. He's a leech . A troll that is a manure farmer and purveyor that has a side hustle of leeching.

Ignorance is bliss

1. Iím not convinced it wonít be Boone again [emoji3064] if we make the playoffs and are successful (not necessarily winning the WS) would you guys be that surprised?
    I want no part of Beltran, I have a very sour taste in my mouth for that entire cheating situation. I do not think any of those caught were punished even close to enough (yes I realize a whole nother subject)
    Iíd like to see John Flaretty. I watch every post game show and like the way he talks the game. Iím positive he would hold the players accountable. Heís a catcher and a smart catcher. Do I think Cash would hire him? Nope I think heís a younger version of Buck. But Itís who Iíd like.

Gleyber? Totally with Clown 2nd base or trade him. Heís not a shortstop and itís affecting his at bats.

3. Donít forget about Nester! Plus between Schmidt and King Gil etc. Iíd like to see us give some of the kids a shot.
    I think theyíll be heavy competition for Thor and Iím very gun shy about guys whoíve missed so much time. We see what happened with Kluber, and I think Taillon is out of gas.

Remember Aaron Hicks? You guys are saying ďoh yeah himĒ if he can stay healthy heís an important piece, I know thatís a big if.
    I like the Allen Flo combo. And it certainly wouldnít break my heart if we revisited the Marte talks with Arizona.
    Thereís no doubt in my mind we need to be a faster more athletic, less station to station team, and we were this year when we brought up Flo and Allen. I think Boone manages better that way, I really like it, Iím more engaged. I just donít think our GM fancyís our club that way.

Judge? No way theyíre not going to sign him, heís the cash cow but please be sensible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    1- I don't know. I like Beltran but I think he's like Boone in the sense. I like the idea of a guy like Kotsay. I don't know a ton about him but what I've read and he seems to be a tough love kind of guy and he's in the As organization I would also love Cone
    2-Back to second or trade him
    3-I don't know that you add anyone. Cole, Tallion Monty are your first 3. I would hope Gil, Schmidt, Sevy, German... can fill the others. But maybe a guy like Castillo? He's been better in the later part of the year. He's got 2 years under control. I think you could put together a good package (Torres?). I wouldn't spend a ton and I only trade for a guy under 30.
    4-Make Allen and Florial your LF/CF and live with it. Get rid of Gallo. Stanton can DH and play a few days in the OF to give the other a breather. If you can get Rizzo, on a 2 year deal with a club option, do it. If not let him go. Either keep Voit or stick Gallo at first. I also with. till ST. If Peraza is ready, give him SS. Whatever you do, you have to get more contact and speed.

5-no more than 6 with a club option for 7
    1) i like the idea of Kotsay, i looked him up and he seems like a very solid option. I would gladly take Beltran as the hitting coach. He was a elite hitter from both sides of the plate and with as any switch hitter as we have coming, i believe they could really benefit learning hitting from him. We need a new hitting coach as badly or possibly worse than we need a new manager, Thames needs to go. He needed to go 3-4 months ago
    2) agreed
    3) I get your point about not signing anyone for the rotation and thats very realistic. If they are going to count on Sevy being an option they probably won't need anyone. That said, they made a big mistake counting on Sevy this yr like I did and shouldn't count on him to be anything next yr.
    I really think they are going to go all out for next yr, It wouldn't surprise me if they added another 2-3 type. We have 4-5 specs that could be ready for the rotation sometime next yr, so we'll see. It will be interesting to see what they do there.
    4) I would love to see them go with Flo or Allen in CF. I'm not sure what they do with Hicks but he'd make a nice 4th OFer
    5) It's going to be very interesting to see what they do with Judge. I wouldn't want a deal longer than 7yrs, but is that going to be enough for him? IMO with Stanton signed as long as he is, it makes a Judge extension very tricky. It kinda reminds me off the Cano situation, Yanks would only go 7, he wanted 10.... We'll see what happens but i think it may get messy

The reading comprehension is baffling isn't it?

See itís responses like that crap is why new blood and new ideas donít stay on this board long . Because people like you shoot them down snd chase them off with no class responses like that . You sir are so damned full of yourself that you donít think you are ever wrong . Too damned close minded to even be open to ideas and opinions that are different than yours . You think anyone who disagrees with you is wrong and NEVER back up your opinions with any counter arguments just snarky and insulting responses like above .
    Last edited by Posada20; 09-12-2021 at 07:17 PM.

See itís responses like that crap is why new blood and new ideas donít stay on this board long . Because people like you shoot them down snd chase them off with no class responses like that . You sir are so damned full of yourself that you donít think you are ever wrong . Too damned close minded to even be open to ideas and opinions that are different than yours . You think anyone who disagrees with you is wrong and NEVER back up your opinions with any counter arguments just snarky and insulting responses like above .

Well you have claimed your opinion to be fact. You have proclaimed lies to be fact.
    The reason people don't post is you. Fewer posters post since you returned.

Why? Because no one likes popsters who post lies, inflammatory, imbecilic content and never, ever take accountability for their words, even when proven. to be incorrect, more times than anyone can count

Based open your posts
    You are a liar. You are a troll. You are a leech. You are a thief.

Ignorance is bliss

WTF are you babbling about? Back up my opinion? Close minded? No class?

I was commenting on my frustration with your reading comprehension. (see clown's post for an explanation) You see what you choose to see. Jorge when everyone in the room believes you are an incoherent troll maybe it's time to consider what they are trying to tell you. I responded to you in this way due to frustration you induce with your obtuse response.