Follow us on Twitter

Page 101 of 123 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1845
    Aaron Judge's last 20 games :

.384/.477/.753....1.231 OPS
    7 HRs 21 RBIs

Not too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    It's been two years. How much longer are they supposed to wait on him? Both Volpe and Peraza could well be ready to be called up by mid next season.
    It has been roughly the equivalent of one season. Do we give up on former #1 overall prospects who have had a lot of success recently in the majors after just one season? Especially when they are only 24 years old? It isn't like they have another great option at SS.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I completely agree with you about keeping Torres and seeing if he can't make the adjustments he needs to. He's still very young, cheap and has shown alot in his young career.

That said, IMO, Volpe is probably as good if not better than Torres as a spec. I do think Arias has the tools to be the best of the bunch and thats saying alot
    Volpe isn't that close yet and Arias is way far away. No reason to move on from Torres right now. If Volpe is killing it and should be starting by the 2023 season then by all means, let him start. But Torres has plenty of time to figure things out until Volpe becomes a pressing issue. I'd also say that Torres was a tier or two above Volpe as a prospect. Torres was the #1 overall prospect in baseball at one point.

Even if Volpe someone ascends to the big leagues next season, they still need a second baseman because DJ isn't a long-term solution. He is heading towards a utility role soon. Torres could slide over to 2B.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Aaron Judge's last 20 games :

.384/.477/.753....1.231 OPS
    7 HRs 21 RBIs

Not too shabby.
    I love how he is hitting. He's taking what he can. He's not over swinging. He's consistently shooting the ball to RF for singles.
    He's becoming a fantastic, all around hitter. He's no longer just a slugger.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    I hope you're wrong too Klown. Unless his 'dates' all liked hitting themselves, I can't see him walking away clean from these allegations.

Even if he does get cleared, this perception will always follow him. I doubt the Dodgers will want him back. This issue coupled with his personality IMO will keep him from ingratiating himself with ANY other fan base. He may be done...guilty or not guilty.
    I am wrong and very glad. He's been ruled ineligible for the playoffs.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I love how he is hitting. He's taking what he can. He's not over swinging. He's consistently shooting the ball to RF for singles.
    He's becoming a fantastic, all around hitter. He's no longer just a slugger.

They said Judge has a 1.700 OPS when ahead in the count. WOW!!!
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am wrong and very glad. He's been ruled ineligible for the playoffs.
    great news

@Yankees
    ·
    22m
    The Yankees have acquired RHP Jason Parker from the Cincinnati Reds as the player to be named later in the 7/27/21 trade in which the Yankees traded RHP Luis Cessa and LHP Justin Wilson to the Reds.

If anyone is interested in the Yankees latest acquisition:

https://www.milb.com/player/jason-parker-687250

Parade!!!

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @Yankees
    ·
    22m
    The Yankees have acquired RHP Jason Parker from the Cincinnati Reds as the player to be named later in the 7/27/21 trade in which the Yankees traded RHP Luis Cessa and LHP Justin Wilson to the Reds.
    Sounds like a positive acquisition, though inexperienced. He was drafted in 2019 and is in A ball. He pitched 80 innings in 18 starts and one relief appearance (about 4.5 innings per start, which is not bad for the beginning of his career, giving up only 63 hits in those 80 innings with 10 K's and 3.3 walks per 9 innings. All of which is pretty good , as well. Don't know enough about his FB or any plus pitches, so don't know how good a prospect, but he's off to a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Sounds like a positive acquisition, though inexperienced. He was drafted in 2019 and is in A ball. He pitched 80 innings in 18 starts and one relief appearance (about 4.5 innings per start, which is not bad for the beginning of his career, giving up only 63 hits in those 80 innings with 10 K's and 3.3 walks per 9 innings. All of which is pretty good , as well. Don't know enough about his FB or any plus pitches, so don't know how good a prospect, but he's off to a good start.
    The inexperience wouldn't be an issue for me if he weren't about to turn 24. 24 and in high A, after pitching in college doesn't bode well. I agree his walk and K rate are good. Hopefully he can build on that in the Yankees farm.

Ignorance is bliss

I wonder how many of you read the NY Post? Anyway they have a countdown to Cooperstown for Derek Jeter featuring top Moments. Yesterday was one of my favorites when he lead off game 4 of the 2000 world series with a first pitch HR! It was like he gave the middle finger to the mets and told our guy's "don't worry boy's I got this" I sure do miss him

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I wonder how many of you read the NY Post? Anyway they have a countdown to Cooperstown for Derek Jeter featuring top Moments. Yesterday was one of my favorites when he lead off game 4 of the 2000 world series with a first pitch HR! It was like he gave the middle finger to the mets and told our guy's "don't worry boy's I got this" I sure do miss him
    You are not alone.

@BryanHoch
    · 18h
    Estevan Florial and Brooks Kriske are with the #Yankees on their taxi squad, so those are two likely call-ups for tomorrow’s roster expansion.