Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Oh boy.

Wont
    See
    Him
    No
    More
    Now do you see why I said hicks is a 4th outfielder at best ??

Quote Originally Posted by Posada20 View Post
    Now do you see why I said hicks is a 4th outfielder at best ??
    Are Stanton or Judge bench players at best? What a stupid argument.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Are Stanton or Judge bench players at best? What a stupid argument.
    They both have hit 50 hrs in a season and both have life time batting averages of over 250 , and they both have had atleast one season where they started over 100 games in the outfield . Hicks has never been able to do any of that not once in his cereer .and on top of all that Stanton is not even an outfielder anymore , so why are you even bringing him up ? You say my argument is stupid and yet here you are comparing hicks to a rookie of the year winner and a full time dh. Lol wow. Do you even know why Stanton isnít playing in the outfield anymore ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-14-2021 at 09:35 PM.

4. 05-14-2021, 09:15 PM
    Reason
    wrong thread

They both have hit 50 hrs in a season and both have life time batting averages of over 250 , and they both have had atleast one season where they started over 100 games in the outfield . Hicks has never been able to do any of that not once in his cereer .and on top of all that Stanton is not even an outfielder anymore , so why are you even bringing him up ? You say my argument is stupid and yet here you are comparing hicks to a rookie of the year winner and a full time dh. Lol wow. Do you even know why Stanton isnít playing in the outfield anymore ?
    Your initial point was that Hicks is a 4th OFer because he is injury prone. Also, I know you don't know this but write this down for future refererence: BA is not a tell all stat. In fact, it is pretty meaningless used alone.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Your initial point was that Hicks is a 4th OFer because he is injury prone. Also, I know you don't know this but write this down for future refererence: BA is not a tell all stat. In fact, it is pretty meaningless used alone.
    I didnít use BA alone , I used it with home runs hit per season AND amount of games started .
    And Stanton is not even an outfielder anymore because he is injury prone , so why shouldnít I come to the same conclusion that hicks isnít an every day outfielder when he has been even more injury prone than Stanton ?

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Boone seemed like it's possible with the injuries to Hicks and Stanton, that they may call up outfield help.

Greg Allen hurt himself in an AB tonight(fouled ball off leg), not sure how serious the injury is. He also is not on the 40 man roster so a bigger move would need to be made to get him up. Maybe for this they could put O'Day on the 60 day IL to open the spot.

Florial was just moved up to Triple-A, so I'm not sure with the covid procedures, how long it would be before he was called up. He also was batting in the 230s with 8 hits and 4 of them as home runs. So not exactly a very impressive first couple of weeks for him. He is on the 40 man, so it wouldn't be an issue if Stanton or Hicks were put on the IL, he could take their 26 man roster spot easily.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 05-14-2021 at 11:22 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Boone seemed like it's possible with the injuries to Hicks and Stanton, that they may call up outfield help.

Greg Allen hurt himself in an AB tonight(fouled ball off leg), not sure how serious the injury is. He also is not on the 40 man roster so a bigger move would need to be made to get him up. Maybe for this they could put O'Day on the 60 day IL to open the spot.

Florial was just moved up to Triple-A, so I'm not sure with the covid procedures, how long it would be before he was called up. He also was batting in the 230s with 8 hits and 4 of them as home runs. So not exactly a very impressive first couple of weeks for him. He is on the 40 man, so it wouldn't be an issue if Stanton or Hicks were put on the IL, he could take their 26 man roster spot easily.

That's a bummer for Allen.

I also, didn't realize Amburgey was on the IL. That stinks for him. This could have been a legit shot and he had a really good start to the season.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post

Florial at triple A? Thatís good to hear . Next stop the 26 man roster . They will need him very soon

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Oh boy.

Wont
    See
    Him
    No
    More

Gosh, I remember someone that use to say that all the time about every player that got injured.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Britton faced hitters for the first time since elbow surgery today.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Britton faced hitters for the first time since elbow surgery today.
    Great news about Britton . Guess he will be back by next month

In other injury news, Rougned Odor, who is eligible to come off the 10-day IL on Saturday, has not fully recovered from a right knee sprain. Boone said Odor could return during the Yankees' four-game set against the Texas Rangers later in the week but hinted that his return was more likely to happen during the club's next homestand.

Sticking with the Yankees, right-hander Luis Severino is at the ďstart of spring training modeĒ as he works his way back from February 2020 Tommy John surgery, Boone said Friday (via Marly Rivera of ESPN). Severino threw 23 pitches of live batting practice Friday and averaged between 96 and 97 mph. If he's hitting 97 in his first BP, thats a good sign about how the arm/ shoulder have recovered.

If he's feeling that strong already, unless they are purposefully slowing him down a bit, its hard to imagine that he's 6-8 weeks away. I would think he should be back no later than July 1st

Yeah early july makes sense and with Garcia and king as options , there is no real need to rush sevy .btw any updates on Schmidt ?

Yeah early july makes sense and with Garcia and king as options , there is no real need to rush sevy .btw any updates on Schmidt ?
    Schmidt has began a throwing program and his next outing will be from 120ft. Probably puts him on pace for about the same time Sevy comes back

Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast