Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 65 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    On the surface I really like this,but Im not gonna pretend I know enough about these minor leaguers to form a solid opinion. I see Clown likes it, Id like to see what Day has to say as well .
    Im never afraid to ask people who know more than me about a specific subject. So youre on the clock Day
    It goes with my philosophy on were not good enough to mortgage the future, Im not willing to give a 30 year old ball player like Judge a huge contract ( that never works out) and maybe someone would want Sanchez that we could get a nice piece for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would say add a couple of lottery tickets and that would be a fair deal for Judge.

Two of the deepest positions that we have on the farm are SS and C, so they would need to use some of those guys as trade pieces to fill out the rest of the lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I mentioned Abrams in the prospect thread regarding this exact topic. He would be awesome to snag.
    They also have a lefty OF who's name escapes me, that is a high level prospect.

Sadly, I think the Yankees end up with Gallo after a bidding war with the Padres that escalates his cost
    i'm only looking at stats and the ss minor league stats shows he has zero power for a guy 6f2..

before you even think of trading judge you have to get a sure fire top prospect who you know more than likely will be good..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    before you even think of trading judge you have to get a sure fire top prospect who you know more than likely will be good..
    Would a 20 year old ranked as baseballs 8th best spec be considered sure fire enough? He has fine power for a 20 year old speedster with great bat to ball skills. He was hitting .296/.363/.420 with three homers and was invited to participate in the 2021 SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game before getting injured. I believe he also had 13 or 14 stolen bases and was only caught twice. The kid is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I would say add a couple of lottery tickets and that would be a fair deal for Judge.

Two of the deepest positions that we have on the farm are SS and C, so they would need to use some of those guys as trade pieces to fill out the rest of the lineup
    Agreed, I think 2 additional lottery tickets and maybe we send a rule 5 eligible player back is a solid framework of a deal.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i'm only looking at stats and the ss minor league stats shows he has zero power for a guy 6f2..
    Did you look at other stats besides that? I know that is your favorite as it's been the basis of your arguments more than a few times in the past

Also, weren't you arguing, like most of us, that the Yankees need contact guys and lefties?

This kid is a top 10 spec who is a tough K, can run like crazy and makes excellent contact.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by RJYANKS12 View Post
    Would a 20 year old ranked as baseballs 8th best spec be considered sure fire enough? He has fine power for a 20 year old speedster with great bat to ball skills. He was hitting .296/.363/.420 with three homers and was invited to participate in the 2021 SiriusXM All-Star Futures Game before getting injured. I believe he also had 13 or 14 stolen bases and was only caught twice. The kid is impressive.
    Yes he is and he is the type of impressive this team needs.

Ignorance is bliss

I think youre thinking of Robert Hassell. I havent had a chance to watch him, but he was their top pick last year and has raked at every level. Yes Id love to have him too. Hes probably 3 years away though, which is why Id target the other two. Allows you to do a soft reset and hopefully contend next year. I really think the Pads will overpay to try to pass the dodgers (and somehow the giants)
    That's the name. Yeah, he looks like he will be a flat out hitter. I haven't seen him but from what I've read, he's legit.

Ignorance is bliss

Agreed, I think 2 additional lottery tickets and maybe we send a rule 5 eligible player back is a solid framework of a deal.
    Makes sense.
    'Real' Yankee fans tell the truth about the team whether it is nice or not.

"Well, that kind of puts a damper on even a Yankee win."
    -- Yankees announcer Phil Rizzuto after reading a bulletin that Pope Paul VI had died

If your trading Judge you must get an absolute haul in return. Hes more than just a player on the biggest team in baseball. He brings more to the table than just impressive HRs.

http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    If your trading Judge you must get an absolute haul in return. Hes more than just a player on the biggest team in baseball. He brings more to the table than just impressive HRs.

Yes, we know what he brings to the table. It is just how long is he going to be able to bring it to the table? It is possible if not likely that the answer is not much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post

Id consider the 12th and 20th best specs in baseball (according to bleacher report) with two lottery tickets quite the haul. I love judge as much as the next guy, but hes the most tradable asset we have. He allows us to get as much back as possible to be ready to compete in 2022

Id consider the 12th and 20th best specs in baseball (according to bleacher report) with two lottery tickets quite the haul. I love judge as much as the next guy, but hes the most tradable asset we have. He allows us to get as much back as possible to be ready to compete in 2022
    I'm not crazy about the bleacher reports top 100, over the yrs they haven't been the best source. IMO, Abrams is better than 12th but he is hurt. I completely agree that would be a very solid return but i don't believe Cashman will move Judge.

Honestly, i want no part of Cashman reshaping this roster with the way he has put this one together. IMHO, the only way the trade Judge is if they get a new GM

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Yes, we know what he brings to the table. It is just how long is he going to be able to bring it to the table? It is possible if not likely that the answer is not much longer.

Good grief. Judge will only be 30 next season. Not exactly ready for the old folks home just yet. Why can't he still produce for many years to come?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Good grief. Judge will only be 30 next season. Not exactly ready for the old folks home just yet. Why can't he still produce for many years to come?
    I think do to his size and ironically, athleticism, he will only get more injury prone. I think the slide will start around 32. If I am the FO, I have to seriously consider the type of deal he will want. My guess is 5-7 years at around 30 per.

That would be a fine deal if Stanton were not on the team. But he is and he won't be going anywhere because he's not very good right now, so no one would want a mediocre power hitting DH at 30 mil per for the next 7 years and he has a no trade clause.

That would leave the Yankees on the hook for Stanton's 20 (marlins pay the other bit) and Judge's 30 for 5-7 years.
    50 mil tied up in two aging, oft injured, righty power bats who will start to K more and more as they age, would, in my mind, be dumb as hell.

This was the biggest fools gold ever. Cashman made a glaring mistake on this and it will be very tough to make it right.
    I suppose they could bench Stanton till he requests a trade? But they won't because he might "get it going and they need him to get hot". And he will. For a nice chunk of time, that will make people say, "Oooooohhh!!!! Ahhhh!!! That's the guy we paid for!" And then he will suck for a month and a half

There is also no excuse for not having guys around him. Torres, Gary and Odor have been hitting the daylights out of the ball.

It's why the Gallo concept is so insane. Let's trade for another guy just like Stanton expect lefty.
    Yankees will go back to hitting HRs and sucking in the playoffs because no one can move a runner or get a run in unless it's a fly ball

I digress. I don't think this team can exist with more than 2 of, Judge, Stanton, Sanchez and Voit. Judge is the most valuable by far. If you can move him and get 2 top 20 specs and a couple lottery picks, it wouldn't be a bad idea.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 65 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast