Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 63 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 945 of 1671
  1. #931
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,473
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    And just to piggyback here, I think your most important point is ďa wild card spot with a team they know isnít going to go far in the playoffs ď.
    I donít want to ďmakeĒ the playoffs to be out in the first round at the sake of sacrificing some valuable young prospects.
    We donít need any band aids


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Couldn't agree more. There are some very good specs that are rule 5 eligible this winter that may or may not have a future role with this team. Guys like Castillio, Otto, Junk, Park, O Cabera , Sands ect all have some value and could get us the kind of rental return that they need.

    This idea of trading guys like Medina, Gil, Peraza, Dominguez or Volpe is the wrong move IMO, especially since it would be to get us someone who might help us get to the playoffs. If they due trade ANY of those guys it has to be for a young controllable , can't miss player. Gallo isn't that guy.

    There is some steam picking up about a possible trade with Col for Story and Jon Gray. They are both rentals but they would be very , very good rentals. What would you guys be willing to give up for those 2

  2. #932
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,459
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. There are some very good specs that are rule 5 eligible this winter that may or may not have a future role with this team. Guys like Castillio, Otto, Junk, Park, O Cabera , Sands ect all have some value and could get us the kind of rental return that they need.

    This idea of trading guys like Medina, Gil, Peraza, Dominguez or Volpe is the wrong move IMO, especially since it would be to get us someone who might help us get to the playoffs. If they due trade ANY of those guys it has to be for a young controllable , can't miss player. Gallo isn't that guy.

    There is some steam picking up about a possible trade with Col for Story and Jon Gray. They are both rentals but they would be very , very good rentals. What would you guys be willing to give up for those 2
    Youíve forgotten more about our minor leaguers than I know. And Iím not gonna suggest a Frazier type of package that Colorado would have no use for. So Iíll trust your judgment on this


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #933
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,068
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. There are some very good specs that are rule 5 eligible this winter that may or may not have a future role with this team. Guys like Castillio, Otto, Junk, Park, O Cabera , Sands ect all have some value and could get us the kind of rental return that they need.

    This idea of trading guys like Medina, Gil, Peraza, Dominguez or Volpe is the wrong move IMO, especially since it would be to get us someone who might help us get to the playoffs. If they due trade ANY of those guys it has to be for a young controllable , can't miss player. Gallo isn't that guy.

    There is some steam picking up about a possible trade with Col for Story and Jon Gray. They are both rentals but they would be very , very good rentals. What would you guys be willing to give up for those 2
    Not much. I respectfully disagree about Story. I am not a fan.



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #934
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Jersey/Delaware/PA
    Posts
    2,564
    What happened to Jorge?

  5. #935
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Not much. I respectfully disagree about Story. I am not a fan.
    Clearly Cashman like his RH batters that can hit it high and far but also strikeout 160+ times a year.

  6. #936
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,616
    yanks must sell... this season is not salvageable

  7. #937
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    25,091
    Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    Clearly Cashman like his RH batters that can hit it high and far but also strikeout 160+ times a year.
    He is having a down year and a rental so he doesn't make much sense IMO right now. But if they were closer to competing then he'd be a decent option if they thought he would bounce back. The three prior seasons he was one of the best SS in the game. Really good fielder, really good baserunner, and very good hitting for a SS. He also doesn't strikeout a ton. His K rate is close to league average.

  8. #938
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,616
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    He is having a down year and a rental so he doesn't make much sense IMO right now. But if they were closer to competing then he'd be a decent option if they thought he would bounce back. The three prior seasons he was one of the best SS in the game. Really good fielder, really good baserunner, and very good hitting for a SS. He also doesn't strikeout a ton. His K rate is close to league average.
    story a product of playing in colorado

  9. #939
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,068
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    He is having a down year and a rental so he doesn't make much sense IMO right now. But if they were closer to competing then he'd be a decent option if they thought he would bounce back. The three prior seasons he was one of the best SS in the game. Really good fielder, really good baserunner, and very good hitting for a SS. He also doesn't strikeout a ton. His K rate is close to league average.
    I can't agree. You trade top level prospects for a guy, you hope will bounce back?

    The description you gave of story is the same for so many guys.

    To be clear, I am not saying you are on the Story train. What you said is logical and I agree. But I still wouldn't think he's worth it when you have Torres who is pretty much that when he's playing like he can



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #940
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,068
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    story a product of playing in colorado
    Like DJ?

    Remember that?
    Or
    Should I go back and get your posts



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #941
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Like DJ?

    Remember that?
    Or
    Should I go back and get your posts
    what dj hitting this year?

  12. #942
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,616
    i assume that galaraga helton and a bunch of players according to your logic were great players outside of coors field

  13. #943
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    25,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I can't agree. You trade top level prospects for a guy, you hope will bounce back?

    The description you gave of story is the same for so many guys.

    To be clear, I am not saying you are on the Story train. What you said is logical and I agree. But I still wouldn't think he's worth it when you have Torres who is pretty much that when he's playing like he can
    Oh no, I don't think they should give up anything of value for a rental. Let alone a rental who hasn't even been good this year. My point was more towards going after him as a FA next offseason. He wouldn't be a bad target but then again, I think he'll get way more than he deserves coming off a disappointing year.

  14. #944
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    25,091
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    what dj hitting this year?
    Lol imagine using this year as an example after two near MVP seasons.

  15. #945
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4,616
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Lol imagine using this year as an example after two near MVP seasons.
    so this year does not count especially since we gave him a 5 years contract for 80 mil ?

Page 63 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •