Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 63 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    And just to piggyback here, I think your most important point is ďa wild card spot with a team they know isnít going to go far in the playoffs ď.
    I donít want to ďmakeĒ the playoffs to be out in the first round at the sake of sacrificing some valuable young prospects.
    We donít need any band aids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Couldn't agree more. There are some very good specs that are rule 5 eligible this winter that may or may not have a future role with this team. Guys like Castillio, Otto, Junk, Park, O Cabera , Sands ect all have some value and could get us the kind of rental return that they need.

This idea of trading guys like Medina, Gil, Peraza, Dominguez or Volpe is the wrong move IMO, especially since it would be to get us someone who might help us get to the playoffs. If they due trade ANY of those guys it has to be for a young controllable , can't miss player. Gallo isn't that guy.

There is some steam picking up about a possible trade with Col for Story and Jon Gray. They are both rentals but they would be very , very good rentals. What would you guys be willing to give up for those 2

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Couldn't agree more. There are some very good specs that are rule 5 eligible this winter that may or may not have a future role with this team. Guys like Castillio, Otto, Junk, Park, O Cabera , Sands ect all have some value and could get us the kind of rental return that they need.

This idea of trading guys like Medina, Gil, Peraza, Dominguez or Volpe is the wrong move IMO, especially since it would be to get us someone who might help us get to the playoffs. If they due trade ANY of those guys it has to be for a young controllable , can't miss player. Gallo isn't that guy.

There is some steam picking up about a possible trade with Col for Story and Jon Gray. They are both rentals but they would be very , very good rentals. What would you guys be willing to give up for those 2
    Youíve forgotten more about our minor leaguers than I know. And Iím not gonna suggest a Frazier type of package that Colorado would have no use for. So Iíll trust your judgment on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

Not much. I respectfully disagree about Story. I am not a fan.

Ignorance is bliss

What happened to Jorge?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Not much. I respectfully disagree about Story. I am not a fan.
    Clearly Cashman like his RH batters that can hit it high and far but also strikeout 160+ times a year.

yanks must sell... this season is not salvageable

Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    Clearly Cashman like his RH batters that can hit it high and far but also strikeout 160+ times a year.
    He is having a down year and a rental so he doesn't make much sense IMO right now. But if they were closer to competing then he'd be a decent option if they thought he would bounce back. The three prior seasons he was one of the best SS in the game. Really good fielder, really good baserunner, and very good hitting for a SS. He also doesn't strikeout a ton. His K rate is close to league average.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    He is having a down year and a rental so he doesn't make much sense IMO right now. But if they were closer to competing then he'd be a decent option if they thought he would bounce back. The three prior seasons he was one of the best SS in the game. Really good fielder, really good baserunner, and very good hitting for a SS. He also doesn't strikeout a ton. His K rate is close to league average.
    story a product of playing in colorado

I can't agree. You trade top level prospects for a guy, you hope will bounce back?

The description you gave of story is the same for so many guys.

To be clear, I am not saying you are on the Story train. What you said is logical and I agree. But I still wouldn't think he's worth it when you have Torres who is pretty much that when he's playing like he can

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    story a product of playing in colorado
    Like DJ?

Remember that?
    Or
    Should I go back and get your posts

Ignorance is bliss

Like DJ?

Remember that?
    Or
    Should I go back and get your posts
    what dj hitting this year?

i assume that galaraga helton and a bunch of players according to your logic were great players outside of coors field

I can't agree. You trade top level prospects for a guy, you hope will bounce back?

The description you gave of story is the same for so many guys.

To be clear, I am not saying you are on the Story train. What you said is logical and I agree. But I still wouldn't think he's worth it when you have Torres who is pretty much that when he's playing like he can
    Oh no, I don't think they should give up anything of value for a rental. Let alone a rental who hasn't even been good this year. My point was more towards going after him as a FA next offseason. He wouldn't be a bad target but then again, I think he'll get way more than he deserves coming off a disappointing year.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    what dj hitting this year?
    Lol imagine using this year as an example after two near MVP seasons.

Lol imagine using this year as an example after two near MVP seasons.
    so this year does not count especially since we gave him a 5 years contract for 80 mil ?

Page 63 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast