Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    The choice just got easier to fire Boone. Cessa gets 3 outs with 5 pitches and he takes him out of the game with a two run lead. What a Boondoggle. Boone must go!!!

Don't understand that move. I was steaming. Why not let Cessa start the 9th and you still have Green if need be. Makes no sense.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Don't understand that move. I was steaming. Why not let Cessa start the 9th and you still have Green if need be. Makes no sense.
    It's utter, Boonesense

Ignorance is bliss

green was coming in to be the closer today..that was the plan since yesterday when green was held out of the yankee phillies game..stop with the cessa comments cessa been garbage most of his yankee career because he got 3 guys out in 6 pitches does not mean he could have given up 3 runs and lost the game in the 9th inning..then you all would be complaining why did boone leave cessa in.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    green was coming in to be the closer today..that was the plan since yesterday when green was held out of the yankee phillies game..stop with the cessa comments cessa been garbage most of his yankee career because he got 3 guys out in 6 pitches does not mean he could have given up 3 runs and lost the game in the 9th inning..then you all would be complaining why did boone leave cessa in.
    I guess you're the kind of guy that uses up the last available bullet in his gun, when he doesn't need to and then has nothing to protect himself when he does needs it. That was the point. We all knew that Green was the plan, but it is the inability to think and adjust on the fly that is the issue. Green was the only person you had left that was any good and it's not like he's Mariano. Plus, Boone said that he knew Green was tired, before he put him in the game and Green proved it by getting the first 2 outs and then sputtering.

Also, when your pitcher is tired and the other team's player is a dead fastball hitter, you don't call fastballs in the hitting zone with runners on base. Green was tired, could not elevate his fastball and got clobbered.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post

LOL

You can't even get your days straight. And it was 5 pitches not 6. Why not let him start the inning? You still have Green ready to go if they need him. If they don't need him, then you have him for today. Now you likely don't.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    LOL

You can't even get your days straight. And it was 5 pitches not 6. Why not let him start the inning? You still have Green ready to go if they need him. If they don't need him, then you have him for today. Now you likely don't.
    the fact is green was going to close if the yanks had the lead in the 9th and those facts 100% accurate

I guess you're the kind of guy that uses up the last available bullet in his gun, when he doesn't need to and then has nothing to protect himself when he does needs it. That was the point. We all knew that Green was the plan, but it is the inability to think and adjust on the fly that is the issue. Green was the only person you had left that was any good and it's not like he's Mariano. Plus, Boone said that he knew Green was tired, before he put him in the game and Green proved it by getting the first 2 outs and then sputtering.

Also, when your pitcher is tired and the other team's player is a dead fastball hitter, you don't call fastballs in the hitting zone with runners on base. Green was tired, could not elevate his fastball and got clobbered.
    boone said it himself last night

Brendan Kuty
    @BrendanKutyNJ

6m
    Corey Kluber said he threw 20 pitches off the mound, all fastballs. His first time off the mound since his injury. #Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I've been *****ing for yrs about Booneheads inability to manage the BP in big games. Cessa threw 5, 5 damn pitches and Boone said himself that they have been using Green to much. If your acknowledging you've gone to him to much lately, why in the hell didn't u realize that before you sent him out to close out one of the biggest games of the yr.

Has anyone seen Krispe throw a clean inning? i don't remember one. Abreau maybe a little wild but he's shown this yr to be way more more effective and reliable than Krispe. Krispe is seriously one of the worst relievers on the team and thats the guy to go with when you have a runner already on 2nd?

Brantley has zero business still being an MLB catcher, he make Sanchez look like a Molina bother in comparison. Just a horrible, horrible job of managing by Boone. Where in the hell was the guy who HAD been making all the great decisions since the AS break.

Boone's inability to manage this team effectively is exactly why they shouldn't be buying big time piece at the deadline to try and save what they can this yr. They need to keep their best pieces to focus on making the best possible team for the future.

Day, after the Sox sweep us this weekend the thought of trading good specs comes to an end....donít worry, this team is not going anywhere but 84-78.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

The Easy Choice for me is Boone. Its one Booneheaded move after another. Boone's a politician, not a game manager. To me, I don't care so much about the outside distractions, as I do about winning the game. If it takes firing Cashman to get rid of Boone, so be it, but I do not want to fire Cashman and keep Boone, since I can only have one.

Cashman does have some success, when Hal imposes budgetary constraints, usually in picking guys who have underperformed on other teams (Urshela and Voit) or off the scrap heap (Odor). My biggest issue with Cashman this year was extending Britton and not trading Frazier at his peak value. Frazier should have been traded for pitching and Britton's money should have been used for Brantley. Imagine having another decent pitcher and Brantley in LF all season. My biggest long-term issue with Cashman is the lack of left handed hitters, contact hitters and left handed starters. That should be our priority in trades and free agent signings going forward.
    The computer department steered Cashman away from lefty hitters.....His way of justifying it was saying that Judge, Stanton and Torres hits home runs to RF.....huh?
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

It is really sad to see the Yankees linked to the top names at the trade deadline this year when it is essentially a lost year. By making a move they are trying to go out out for a wild card spot with a team they know isn't going to go far in the playoffs. Yet, the last few years when the Yankees were very serious contenders, they sat still at the trade deadlines and did absolutely nothing. This front office is completely inept at this point. The trade deadline when they got Torres/Frazier trades was fantastic. Ever since then, this front office has been AWFUL.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    It is really sad to see the Yankees linked to the top names at the trade deadline this year when it is essentially a lost year. By making a move they are trying to go out out for a wild card spot with a team they know isn't going to go far in the playoffs. Yet, the last few years when the Yankees were very serious contenders, they sat still at the trade deadlines and did absolutely nothing. This front office is completely inept at this point. The trade deadline when they got Torres/Frazier trades was fantastic. Ever since then, this front office has been AWFUL.
    THIS^^^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Ignorance is bliss

And just to piggyback here, I think your most important point is ďa wild card spot with a team they know isnít going to go far in the playoffs ď.
    I donít want to ďmakeĒ the playoffs to be out in the first round at the sake of sacrificing some valuable young prospects.
    We donít need any band aids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well said

Page 62 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast