Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Yankees are a broken team, so why is Brian Cashman doing nothing? | Analysis
    By Randy Miller | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Brian Cashmanís public silence since the Yankees collapsed into this latest extended stretch of mostly losing baseball feels like the calm before a storm.

The earthquake is coming.

Has to.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/06/y...-analysis.html
    Yes I read this,but weíll see. BTW another base running mistake today? Where was Odor going down 7-0? And Boone says theyíre working on base running. I guess itís what Day has been saying for weeks now, Boone lost the clubhouse, his words are falling on deaf ears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Yes I read this,but weíll see. BTW another base running mistake today? Where was Odor going down 7-0? And Boone says theyíre working on base running. I guess itís what Day has been saying for weeks now, Boone lost the clubhouse, his words are falling on deaf ears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That game was so bad overall, i completely forgot about that base running error. That was about as bad as it get IMO. Down 7, less than 2 outs, why in gods name would Odor be running on contact with a ball hit in front of them.

How many times this yr have we seen these guys run into outs with balls hit in front of them? I've seen many LL teams run the bases better than we have this yr.. its embarrassing. Its even worse that they are still trying to sell us on this team getting better with what we currently have. Our fundamentals are just crap, we saw both Boston and Tampa are far better at the basics than we are.

This is by far the most angry I have ever seen this fan base. They are demanding something be done. IMO, there is a good chance this next series might hold Boones fate. If the players don't show life and we get blown out, how do you keep Boone around ? something has got to give

My desperate hope is they don't start trading long term assets for short term solutions..

Bronx Bombers Beat
    @bomberbeat2

30m
    Aaron Boone was supposed to be an analytically driven manager but Iíve never heard him say anything before or after a game related to analytics as to why he makes some of these decisions

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Bronx Bombers Beat
    @bomberbeat2

30m
    Aaron Boone was supposed to be an analytically driven manager but Iíve never heard him say anything before or after a game related to analytics as to why he makes some of these decisions
    Where's binder when you need him?

Speaking of binders, wonder how clipper and 1903 are doing.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Bronx Bombers Beat
    @bomberbeat2

30m
    I think a common criticism about Boone is that everything he does is because of analytics and he has no feel on the game. When actually, a lot of his decisions have no analytical influences at all. A lot of analytics just show how awful his decisions are.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I think a common criticism about Boone is that everything he does is because of analytics and he has no feel on the game. When actually, a lot of his decisions have no analytical influences at all. A lot of analytics just show how awful his decisions are.
    Good point.. Boone continually makes in game decisions that make no sense... anyway you look at it, its not good.

Do you really think they will get rid of Boone for the rest of the season no matter what and start over this winter?

If they make the change mid yr, are they really going to be able to get the right coach. They won't be able to talk to coaches from other teams, so who's available now that we could see managing this team for the next couple yrs?

I know that some people are calling for Buck, but could he adapt to the modern game? IMO they will look for someone younger who has a feel for the game and can use the analytics as a tool.. I think they'll target someone like a Cora type not a LaRussa type

OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Good point.. Boone continually makes in game decisions that make no sense... anyway you look at it, its not good.

Do you really think they will get rid of Boone for the rest of the season no matter what and start over this winter?

If they make the change mid yr, are they really going to be able to get the right coach. They won't be able to talk to coaches from other teams, so who's available now that we could see managing this team for the next couple yrs?

I know that some people are calling for Buck, but could he adapt to the modern game? IMO they will look for someone younger who has a feel for the game and can use the analytics as a tool.. I think they'll target someone like a Cora type not a LaRussa type
    I have to agree about buck. I don't think he's the right man for the new way of thinking. I don't see the Yankees looking for an old school manager like Buck.

Although I'd like to see buck in a more offical front office role, not as a manager. I think he's very knowable and believe he already has an advisor type role within the organization.

I also agree about Boone not using the anals properly. But, if these are the moves the anals are telling him to do, they need an entire new anal and coaching staff.

Example is batting odor 3rd, he's a bench player, not a #3 in line up. Horrendous.

Boone has to go, IMO. The writing is on the wall. Like you said, it may not he mid season, but I don't think he has the clubhouse.

Last edited by OhSoSlick; 06-13-2021 at 09:59 PM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Its also very common to blame the manager; it could be the team just stinks..

Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    I have to agree about buck. I don't think he's the right man for the new way of thinking. I don't see the Yankees looking for an old school manager like Buck.

Although I'd like to see buck in a more offical front office role, not as a manager. I think he's very knowable and believe he already has an advisor type role within the organization.

I also agree about Boone not using the anals properly. But, if these are the moves the anals are telling him to do, they need an entire new anal and coaching staff.

Example is batting odor 3rd, he's a bench player, not a #3 in line up. Horrendous.

Boone has to go, IMO. The writing is on the wall. Like you said, it may not he mid season, but I don't think he has the clubhouse.

Stuff like this is exactly my point. Odor stinks and no stats back that up. That is all Boone either wanted a left hander in the middle of the lineup or overreacting to the player having a decent night before. Unless the Yanks miraculously turn it around this year, I don't see how they bring Boone back. Way too much talent here for the team to play like this. How can you justify bringing a guy back who nearly everyone has regressed under?

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

TMML

Stuff like this is exactly my point. Odor stinks and no stats back that up. That is all Boone either wanted a left hander in the middle of the lineup or overreacting to the player having a decent night before. Unless the Yanks miraculously turn it around this year, I don't see how they bring Boone back. Way too much talent here for the team to play like this. How can you justify bringing a guy back who nearly everyone has regressed under?
    My only question is, how do we actually know it's Boone making the lineup? Is he or is he just writing the card from what is sent to him?

I still find it comical that Cashman and Boone talked openly about how lefties in the lineup were overrated because their righty bats hit righty pitching with great success. Now they are scrambling to put anyone in the lineup who is a lefty. They are so desperate they are starting Odor. I think he's a solid player for a bench guy but he is not even remotely a starter.
    This is where your first post is even funnier to me because what do the anals say about Odor? And knowing that they ain't pretty, why the F did they trade for him?

I actually looks like they want this team to tank.

Ignorance is bliss

To me, Cora is old school. He has a great blend of old and anal. I still love those comments last week
    1-Guys who make contact
    2-Guys who get runners in from 3rd with less than 2 outs
    3-Athletic guys who hustle
    4-Aggressive on the bases

I agree with you and slick who suggest Buck isn't the guy. I'd love to see him but I would be surprised if they did that. I want them to have someone with fire and intelligence. The smarts to use the anals and the smarts to trust their gut. The fire to get guys playing with some nastiness.

Ignorance is bliss

Bronx Bombers Beat
    @bomberbeat2

30m
    I have a gut feeling he endorses analytics but doesn't understand them, know how to implement the data or glean the significance. Imo seems he just does what the FO tells him to do.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    I have a gut feeling he endorses analytics but doesn't understand them, know how to implement the data or glean the significance. Imo seems he just does what the FO tells him to do.
    Doc, I made a few additions.

I have a gut feeling he endorses analytics but doesn't understand them, know how to implement the data or glean the significance or have any baseball acumen regarding strategy or have any ability to show leadership and motivate or have the ability to be anything more than a lip service guy and seems he just does what the FO tells him to do and those people clearly haven't a clue.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Doc, I made a few additions.

I have a gut feeling he endorses analytics but doesn't understand them, know how to implement the data or glean the significance or have any baseball acumen regarding strategy or have any ability to show leadership and motivate or have the ability to be anything more than a lip service guy and seems he just does what the FO tells him to do and those people clearly haven't a clue.
    All welcome and worthwhile additions!

FWIW. According to MLB Statcast data, which looks at the exit velocity and launch angle of batted balls to determine how likely it is that one would be a hit. This is used to calculate xwOBA, short for expected weighted on-base average, which is essentially a metric that gives batters credit for hitting the ball hard even if it doesnít lead to a hit.

When you compare wOBA to xwOBA, you can get an idea of which hitters and teams have been lucky and unlucky up to that point. And the Yankees, well, they would be the unluckiest.

No MLB team has a bigger difference between their wOBA and xwOBA. Before the weekend series against the Phillies, the Yankees had a wOBA of .309 and an xwOBA of .334, a difference of 25 points ó the largest in the majors at that time.

While their wOBA is a middle-of-the-road in MLB, based on their quality of contact, they have an xwOBA of .334, the fifth-best in baseball. Thatís the best mark in the AL East, 23 points better than the first-place Tampa Bay Rays.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/leade...n=&team=&min=q

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/06/i...ht-be-why.html

Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast