Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    LHP Zack Britton will be starting a rehab assignment after throwing a simulated game next week. Given the league’s COVID protocols regarding call-ups, that means we can expect him to be with Scranton in the next week or two. Good stuff.
    thats good news and sounds like he's right on or just a little ahead of schedule. Barring any set backs he'll probably need 5-6 appearances in games before he is all the way ready. He'll probably spend 10 days rehabbing, so he could be back by the end of the month...

Hopefully he can come back 100% and make our strong BP, even stronger It'll be nice to have another elite options for high leverage situations

I wonder, when Brit comes back if Green settles back into the 7th inning role and Loaisiga takes over the fireman type roll or if they put Loaisiga in the 7th inning role and Green goes back to the fireman roll ?? IMO, Loaisiga has become a better reliever than Green, i'm just not sure which role is more valuable

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I have always preferred Green as that guy who can come in in the early mid innings for a couple innings of solid pitching. I don't have any stats for it but it seems like he was more successful in that role.
    With a solid lead, he can go the 5th and 6th or even 6th and 7th.
    I think Loaisiga has become a bit more dominant than him.

Britton really changes the pen. If he's right, th back end is really strong.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have always preferred Green as that guy who can come in in the early mid innings for a couple innings of solid pitching. I don't have any stats for it but it seems like he was more successful in that role.
    With a solid lead, he can go the 5th and 6th or even 6th and 7th.
    I think Loaisiga has become a bit more dominant than him.

Britton really changes the pen. If he's right, the back end is really strong.
    Imo the missing link at the moment.

Here's an idea, why not stretch out Loaisiga and return him to the rotation once Britton returns? His performance in the pen has been superb, but could it be argued the return of Britton adds value to his role in rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Here's an idea, why not stretch out Loaisiga and return him to the rotation once Britton returns? His performance in the pen has been superb, but could it be argued the return of Britton adds value to his role in rotation?
    Really with his injury history you want to stretch him him out for the starting rotation? There is no telling how he would do as a starter facing lineups more than one time. . I say leave him in the bullpen where he is doing his best
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-09-2021 at 10:18 AM.

He spent the majority of his career as a starter. He has three pitches that are all above average, an electric fastball, killer curveball and a legit change. His strikeout numbers at the major-league level are impressive. He has done well in the BP, per Statcast, he ranks in the 96th percentile or higher in expected ERA, chase rate and hard-hit percentage, as well as opponents’ expected weighted on-base average and expected slugging percentage. Imo, his stuff translates as well to rotation as it does to the BP.

Loaisiga’s calling card as a prospect was his control. In 2017, he put up 0.8 BB/9 and a strikeout-to-walk (K/BB) rate of 11.00. In 2018, the BB/9 was 1.3 with a K/BB rate of 8.38. Being a starter with a simple and effective three-pitch mix, this was very promising. Even in his healthy Triple-A stints in 2019, Loaisiga put up a 4.40 K/BB which is still almost double the rate he put up during the regular season, which was 2.31.

I agree he has lost time to injury, but I would hope they are behind him at this juncture. My point, once Britton returns, he has more value as a starter. Again imo, using him as a 7th inning guy or long reliever is wasting his talents and three pitch arsenal.

I just don’t see the need to make laosigia a starter again when the team already has 7 starters and sevy coming back in less than two months . I think he is needed more from the pen

You are right about Sevy's return, however he will need time to build arm strength and his stamina. I don't expect to see the peak performance from him until late August or Sept at the earliest. I also don't think the brain trust will allow a max effort until they believe he's ready. Kid glove tx.

The rotation at present could and would benefit imo.

You are right about Sevy's return, however he will need time to build arm strength and his stamina. I don't expect to see the peak performance from him until late August or Sept at the earliest. I also don't think the brain trust will allow a max effort until they believe he's ready. Kid glove tx.

The rotation at present could and would benefit imo.

Well then maybe they can use laosigia for 3 innings after sevy pitches 3 or 4 innings . That to me would be a good idea

IMO the rotation looks pretty good, plus we have Deivi ready to come up, Sevy and Schmidt will be available late June- July. We also have other kids like Medina, Gil, ect who could be available in the 2nd half.

Now that Loaisiga has as plus-plus CU, that would give him that 2nd elite off-speed pitch to help him turn over lineups. If he didn't have the injury history that he does as a starter, moving him back to the rotation would be even more tempting. When he was starting he seemed like he would pitch a handful of games and end up on the IL for 2 months. I think he's been to valuable in his current role to take him out of it.

He's only had 1 bad outing in 15 appearances this yr. He's just seemingly starting to settle into a BP role and has been our 2nd best reliever to this point, IMO. To me he looks like he could be our next setup/ closer after Chappy and Brit are gone. I think were going to need him to continue to be dominant out of the BP if were going to do anything in the playoffs.

When we had our best BP's in recent yrs, we always seemed to have 4 dominate relievers. Just in the last couple yrs we've lost D-Rob, Betances, Otto and the one that hurt the worst, Kahnle, without replacing them. Loaisiga look like he has the mentality and stuff to take over that kind of role. This yr, i would say we came into the season with 3 trusted relievers in Chappy, Brit and Green. I would say that Loaisiga has become that other 4th trusted reliever that we needed to step up for us to have that dominate backend of the BP

If we were desperate for a starter or we didn't have any other options then it would make alot of sense to try him back in the rotation. Our starters have actually been quite good and getting better, we have other strong option available and hopefully coming. Loaisiga has been able to stay healthy and look dominant in his current role, i would hate to loose him to injury long term trying to move him back to the rotation. IMO

Voit HR https://twitter.com/i/status/1391459162811518982

He's expected to be called up sometime this week and it can't come soon enough. As much as i like a good pitchers duel and low scoring walk off wins, I'd much rather get back to scoring 5-6 runs a game like we have been for the last few yrs

Day point taken. Yanks do have young arms on the cusp. I'm not sure we can count on Sevy immediately. I am not confident Kluber has the innings in his arm at this stage of his career. German has looked very good thus far. Tallion? Monty? I think there could be room behind Cole as the season wears down the arms.

Just a suggestion moving Loaisiga. Fodder for discussion. I like him as a starter. Brittons return fills the void. Rather than shop at the trade deadline and possibly lose some young guns why not use what is already in house.

The injury concern is legit.

Yankees option Miguel Andujar back to Triple-A Scranton
    The move bodes well for the health of a couple of Yankee stalwarts.
    By Jake Devin@JakePDevin May 9, 2021, 5:35pm EDT

Following today’s victory over the Nationals, the Yankees announced that they had optioned Miguel Andújar back to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Andújar made two starts and recorded nine plate appearances without reaching base during his brief stint back in the majors.

The move would seem to indicate positive things about the health of both Luke Voit and Gio Urshela. The team didn’t announce a corresponding transaction, but it’s certainly possible Voit could be on his way back up, after homering again during his rehab work at Triple-A. Urshela also can’t be too far from returning to the lineup if the Yankees saw fit to demote the man who started at third base against Washington this afternoon.
    https://www.pinstripealley.com/2021/...urshela-roster

Florial moon shot:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1391445661195853824

Ofer didn't even move, just watched it!

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Florial moon shot:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1391445661195853824

Ofer didn't even move, just watched it!
    To me the more impressive thing was watching him out of the box. He bounced and flew.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast