Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 102 1231151101 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yanks 2021 season News, Rumors, Info, Updates

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    I can get so wrapped up in just "MY" team,but last week I had commented on some of our base running adventures,and I know some posters here were wondering how major league ball players can be so careless? Well this morning I'm watching QP and it's white sox and twins,twins batter pops up a ball near third,easy catch honest it's a can of corn,so the short stop and the 3rd baseman converge on it,and believe me these two guys are close enough to each other that they can carry on a normal conversation,well you guessed it they both go for it and it bounces off I think the third basemans glove. Now here is my question? What ever happened to yelling "I GOT IT??" I mean is that really hard to do? Do guys have to practice that? And the White Sox mgr. is a seasoned vet (Tony Larussa) you would hope he work's on fundamentals with his ball players.In the old day's maybe you could offer the excuse of crowd noise,but certainly not this year or ever at an expo or a ray's game.
    I could go on and on about the lack of fundamentals that i don't see... I think Statcast and exit velo are putting a premium on how hard the ball is hit and those are the guys reaching the MLB. They seem more worried about how far the ball goes vs making contact.. they continue to pass up on very strong fundamental player for guys that show exit velo's of 110 +

IMO, when a guy can mash a ball they tend not to focus on their fundamentals. If you have a RF that can hit a ball 500 ft, who cares if he catches the ball with 2 hands or calls to catch the ball.. Defensive fundamentals these days are horrible

The biggest reason i love watching Gio so much is the way he plays the game. He plays fundamental baseball, knows the situation and 99% of the time make the right play. At the plate i rarely recall seeing him swing out of his shoes like we see Stanton, Gary, Torres, ect . He makes contact and what do you know, great things happen.

I feel the same about the NBA. The NBA has turned into a playground league and baseball is turning into HR contests
    Last edited by drt1010; 05-04-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Jake, the gift that keeps on giving!
    Taking, he's the gift that keeps on taking. Worthless!

Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    Taking, he's the gift that keeps on taking. Worthless!
    No ****. Sarcasm sir.

If we didn't have Jake on the payroll for all those yr, we could have been so much better. We could have signed Max, picked up Verlander or 1 of another 1000 better uses for that 21m a yr. Worst contract/ player we've brought in a long time..

Jake didn't even really to try to play at all his last few yrs, or if he did it was a half assed attempt.

Signing players over 30, that are incredibly dependent on their legs, horrible move.

Similar thing as middle INF and C , bad long term investments after 30

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    If we didn't have Jake on the payroll for all those yr, we could have been so much better. We could have signed Max, picked up Verlander or 1 of another 1000 better uses for that 21m a yr. Worst contract/ player we've brought in a long time..

Jake didn't even really to try to play at all his last few yrs, or if he did it was a half assed attempt.

Signing players over 30, that are incredibly dependent on their legs, horrible move.

Similar thing as middle INF and C , bad long term investments after 30
    This. I don't understand what is grievance is. If anything, he straight up robbed the Yankees of millions. It is unprecedented for someone to rehab minor injuries for years. He literally didn't play for years. Clearly that guy had no interest in playing.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    This. I don't understand what is grievance is. If anything, he straight up robbed the Yankees of millions. It is unprecedented for someone to rehab minor injuries for years. He literally didn't play for years. Clearly that guy had no interest in playing.
    I think he will attempt to prove that he did "Try" to play. He went to Drs that were not part of the yankees system and they told him he could play, when the Yankees Drs said he couldn't or his Drs said he couldn't when they Yankees DRs said he could

I remember him arguing he wanted to play. He argued that they wanted him off the roster and didn't want to pay him so they were not giving him the chance.

It will be interesting. It's one of the few times, I am rooting for ownership.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I think he will attempt to prove that he did "Try" to play. He went to Drs that were not part of the yankees system and they told him he could play, when the Yankees Drs said he couldn't or his Drs said he couldn't when they Yankees DRs said he could

I remember him arguing he wanted to play. He argued that they wanted him off the roster and didn't want to pay him so they were not giving him the chance.

It will be interesting. It's one of the few times, I am rooting for ownership.
    Yep, as I recall he claimed Yankees were trying to keep him on the IL so they could continue to collect on the insurance policy.

Gerrit Cole named Pitcher of the Month for April

4-1 (1.43 ERA), 62 K's, .178 batting average against

Gerrit Cole named Pitcher of the Month for April

4-1 (1.43 ERA), 62 K's, .178 batting average against
    No surprise there ...

LHP Zack Britton will be starting a rehab assignment after throwing a simulated game next week. Given the leagueís COVID protocols regarding call-ups, that means we can expect him to be with Scranton in the next week or two. Good stuff.
    thats good news and sounds like he's right on or just a little ahead of schedule. Barring any set backs he'll probably need 5-6 appearances in games before he is all the way ready. He'll probably spend 10 days rehabbing, so he could be back by the end of the month...

Hopefully he can come back 100% and make our strong BP, even stronger It'll be nice to have another elite options for high leverage situations

I wonder, when Brit comes back if Green settles back into the 7th inning role and Loaisiga takes over the fireman type roll or if they put Loaisiga in the 7th inning role and Green goes back to the fireman roll ?? IMO, Loaisiga has become a better reliever than Green, i'm just not sure which role is more valuable

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I have always preferred Green as that guy who can come in in the early mid innings for a couple innings of solid pitching. I don't have any stats for it but it seems like he was more successful in that role.
    With a solid lead, he can go the 5th and 6th or even 6th and 7th.
    I think Loaisiga has become a bit more dominant than him.

Britton really changes the pen. If he's right, th back end is really strong.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I have always preferred Green as that guy who can come in in the early mid innings for a couple innings of solid pitching. I don't have any stats for it but it seems like he was more successful in that role.
    With a solid lead, he can go the 5th and 6th or even 6th and 7th.
    I think Loaisiga has become a bit more dominant than him.

Britton really changes the pen. If he's right, the back end is really strong.
    Imo the missing link at the moment.

Here's an idea, why not stretch out Loaisiga and return him to the rotation once Britton returns? His performance in the pen has been superb, but could it be argued the return of Britton adds value to his role in rotation?

Here's an idea, why not stretch out Loaisiga and return him to the rotation once Britton returns? His performance in the pen has been superb, but could it be argued the return of Britton adds value to his role in rotation?
    Really with his injury history you want to stretch him him out for the starting rotation? There is no telling how he would do as a starter facing lineups more than one time. . I say leave him in the bullpen where he is doing his best
    Last edited by Posada20; 05-09-2021 at 10:18 AM.

He spent the majority of his career as a starter. He has three pitches that are all above average, an electric fastball, killer curveball and a legit change. His strikeout numbers at the major-league level are impressive. He has done well in the BP, per Statcast, he ranks in the 96th percentile or higher in expected ERA, chase rate and hard-hit percentage, as well as opponentsí expected weighted on-base average and expected slugging percentage. Imo, his stuff translates as well to rotation as it does to the BP.

Loaisigaís calling card as a prospect was his control. In 2017, he put up 0.8 BB/9 and a strikeout-to-walk (K/BB) rate of 11.00. In 2018, the BB/9 was 1.3 with a K/BB rate of 8.38. Being a starter with a simple and effective three-pitch mix, this was very promising. Even in his healthy Triple-A stints in 2019, Loaisiga put up a 4.40 K/BB which is still almost double the rate he put up during the regular season, which was 2.31.

I agree he has lost time to injury, but I would hope they are behind him at this juncture. My point, once Britton returns, he has more value as a starter. Again imo, using him as a 7th inning guy or long reliever is wasting his talents and three pitch arsenal.

Page 1 of 102 1231151101 ... LastLast